PDA

View Full Version : Class/Build Help for a Friend. [3.PF]

SamBurke
2011-11-08, 04:15 PM
So, I have a friend who's coming around to the idea of an RPG, and specifically DnD. He has a very specific character concept in his head, that is also slightly vague (don't ask me how he did it...). Right now, he's leaning druid for several reasons.

Here's his idea, as I translated: High Strength, Medium Wis/Int, Possibly using guns, pretty stinking durable, Large size (I'm talking girth, though being big enough to wield larger weapons might work too...), and with a decent chance of doing a good bit of various things. I've suggested Magic (Wiz or Druid), and he likes it, but also wanted to use guns if possible in the build somehow. So, I suggested Pathfinder's Spell Slinger, but that's just a weird take on the Wizard anyway.

He is also not the biggest fan of Wildshape, and so I'm hoping to find a good way to replace it. PF's 3pp Storm Lord doesn't do it for me, and I forget if there's an option in UA.

Suggestions I've made: Alchemist (PF), Wizard, Druid (3.5 or PF, there's a large difference between the two), Sorc, Binder, Ranger.

tl;dr: I'm looking for a nice, slightly MAD build, with survivability and switch hitting as the most important things: ranged/melee/skills. Classes, PrC's, builds, anything helps!

Thanks!

SamBurke
2011-11-14, 02:25 PM
Erm... Bump!