PDA

View Full Version : 3.P - Casting Touch Spells through a whip?

HearTheRequiem
2011-11-08, 06:54 PM
I'm playing a Cleric in a Pathfinder game, and as a worshipper of Calistria, she gets free whip proficiency.
I like the idea of using the whip to deliver touch spells, so is there any way of doing this, like a feat or something?
(Yes, I know I could get Reach Spell, but this seems more awesome, so nyah :P)
Thankyou! <3

legomaster00156
2011-11-08, 07:52 PM
Well, you've answered your own question. Reach Spell, refluffed as delivering it through your whip.
If you want an actual feat or some other feature for this specific purpose, you can always ask your DM to help you homebrew one that is balanced for your level. I know of no actual feats that work this way.

Okizruin
2011-11-08, 08:06 PM
There is a 3.5 feat, Smiting Spell. Lets you cast your spell through your weapon.

Togath
2011-11-08, 08:19 PM
there is also the 3.5 duskblade class, though taking levels in it would reduce your caster level. and as has been stated there’s the smiting spell feat from the same book(phb2), which, if I remember correctly has fairly easy prerequisites.

Andreaz
2011-11-08, 08:46 PM
The Magus base class has that class feature, spellstrike. Either level 1 or 2. Ordained Champions (complete champion) have a similar class feature. Ask your dm to cook a 3 or 5 - levels prestige class just for that purpose. Since you already have a god shoved into the very idea, might as well give it the Divine M-BDSM PrC

Seffbasilisk
2011-11-08, 10:26 PM
I couldn't say for sure in PF, but in 3.5 if you use psionics you can tap a tattoo for Graft Weapon, make the whip part of your arm (a la the weapons in Quest for Camelot) and deliver touch spells through the whip like that.

Mustard
2011-11-08, 11:08 PM
This isn't for spells, but just in case it's even mildly helpful, PF Advanced Player's Guide has the Conductive (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/advanced/magicItems/weapons.html#conductive)weapon property, which allows channeling melee- or ranged-touch attack based Sp or Su abilities (for which cleric domain abilities qualify) through the weapon. Costs 2 daily usages, however, and ranged touch attacks must be done through ranged weapons. I find the latter restriction rather dumb, so if I were you, I'd actively petition the GM to waive it if this is a useful avenue for your character.

Xander_Phoenix
2011-11-09, 12:29 AM
There is a PrC called Maiden of Pain in PGtF, p.182. It advances cleris spellcasting 9/10 and at first level gives you the exact ability you want. It is FR though, so you may need to refluff/adapt it somehow.