PDA

View Full Version : Anarchy online

junglesteve
2011-11-08, 11:24 PM
This game is really fun and REALLY free. There is no reason not to give this game a chance. The skill system seems to be huge from what little I've played. You're character is open to be as awesome or as gimp as you wish. The classes are well thought out and built. Being an old school game there is the classic addition to the 'holy trinity' that everyone touts, THE MEZZER! Oh I missed the mezzer.

If you actually take the time to seek out and read the story its really a fun world. The story was created by the man who spear headed the longest journey. The game has a very gritty dystopian cyber punk feel and I like that a lot.

Even though the graphics are dated (DX7) it is still a fun and worthy play! SO CHECK IT OUT!

There are two servers - Atlantean (Rubi-ka1) And Rimor (Rubi-ka2) I play on Atlantean and just started. So if you're quick we might be able to team together!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YKJM0vOroc

Get it here! (http://www.anarchy-online.com/wsp/anarchy/frontend.cgi?func=frontend.show&table=PUBLISH&template=drill&func_id=1088&navID=1003,1005,1070,1088)

ninja_penguin
2011-11-09, 08:08 AM
I played this for a while when it first game out as free to play. Very grindy.

junglesteve
2011-11-09, 07:38 PM
I played this for a while when it first game out as free to play. Very grindy.

I wouldn't use the word grindy. There are a lot of levels yes, and this can seem intimidating, but each level is hardly a grind. It might take you two hours to get to level 15. I know at the higher (125+) it can be two or three hours per level but at those levels you'll have most of your 'end game' gear on thanks to the skill and twink system.

junglesteve
2011-11-10, 11:14 AM
To me thats the beauty of the game, there is a lot of world exploration and story to be lived. You can stop at just about any level and go participate in most of it and thats a great thing. The leveling isnt the important part about the game, you dont have to be max level to do end game raids, and you wont be barred from events for not being a certain level.

It has an old school feel of team work that has been lost with this new generation of MMOs while still keeping up to date and realizing that people want and need to solo sometimes.

Castaras
2011-11-11, 05:23 AM
Used to play aggges ago. Kaelde, Rubika-1, 220 Engineer, clan. :smalltongue:

May return one day, when I have more time. Was an awesome game, and I made some damn good friends through it. :smallsmile:

junglesteve
2011-11-29, 04:32 PM
If anyone is playing; my name is slugnut on Atlantean. I just started a new engineer.