PDA

View Full Version : recommended gear for my Cleric 5 cohort?

JoeYounger
2011-11-08, 11:27 PM
I just picked up the leadership feat, and my cohort is a level 5 pathfinder cleric. He's going to be a crafter. Craft wondrous items and craft magical arms and armor. He is two levels below us, so I'm sure Imma want him in fullplate with a big shield or something for survivability, but other than that I'm not sure where to go with it! He's only got like 9k gold by Wealth by level (WBL) and I'm just not that familiar with casters to know what he should pick up!

Any suggestions? I'll take anything that helps him out, but would prefer stuff that would help him with his crafting. He'll be doing most of his crafting by crafting for the 8 hours that we sleep then hitting himself with a restoration spell to keep him going the next day. So most all of his stuff will be rushed (+5 DC) and made in the field. If there are any crafting gurus out there I'd appreciate it if you passed any portable workshops or whatever my way lol

Thanks,

<3 Joe

grarrrg
2011-11-09, 12:09 AM
...level 5 pathfinder cleric. He's going to be a crafter. Craft wondrous items and craft magical arms and armor. He is two levels below us, so I'm sure Imma want him in fullplate with a big shield or something for survivability...

I'm not that familiar with crafting, but I do know that PF Clerics do NOT get Heavy Armor Prof. You would have to take the feat, take the penalties, or take Medium armor.

JoeYounger
2011-11-09, 12:54 AM
I'm not that familiar with crafting, but I do know that PF Clerics do NOT get Heavy Armor Prof. You would have to take the feat, take the penalties, or take Medium armor.

gasp! thanks for pointing that out! i hadnt noticed that!

Gullintanni
2011-11-09, 09:36 AM

Alternately, Mithral Full Plate is treated as Medium Armor in 3.5. Not sure if this is the same in Pathfinder, but definitely worth exploring.

EDIT

Pathfinder Mithral contains this clause:
...Heavy armors are treated as medium, and medium armors are treated as light, but light armors are still treated as light. This decrease does not apply to proficiency in wearing the armor.

So if you're using all the PF rules, then Mithral Full Plate would require the proficiency. If you're playing by 3.5, Mithral Full Plate is treated as Medium and can be used without Heavy Armor Proficiency.