PDA

View Full Version : What is your avatar doing, and who is it made by?

Dark Elf Bard
2011-11-09, 12:32 AM
Attacking some angel, while directing my wolf onward.
Made by Ceika.

Trazoi
2011-11-09, 12:41 AM
Mine's Kubota dressed as the boss Akuma from the old classic game Karateka, doing the also classic "go forth my minion" pose:
http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/1852/karatekakubota.png

Currently undergoing some shenanigans due to in-jokes on the Dominic Deegan thread.

Made by me for an Iron Avatarist competition.

Fortuna
2011-11-09, 02:02 AM
Mine is busy being simultaneously awake and asleep. It's a difficult trick to pull, and I thank smuchmuch for attempting it.

Derjuin
2011-11-09, 02:22 AM
Mine is busy being happy to be alive again; I made it myself, and I feel like I haven't done anything better since. There are two other versions that I rarely switch between; an older one (which, in the continuity of the story, occurs AFTER my current one), and a newer one in different garb, without outlines. I don't much use the other two, as I feel they're (slightly) inferior for different reasons, and am starting to prefer the "happier" of the three:

Older avatar:
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc273/xilobucket/Tr8lls/VriskaAvvie.png

Plotting shenanigans, being in cahoots and generally having a lot of irons in the fire.

The horn size and shape is off, and I feel like I messed up on the clothing and hands. It just feels slightly blocky for some reason.

Newer one:
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc273/xilobucket/Tr8lls/Awaken3.png

About to confidently engage a deadly foe in a duel.

The overcoat, being mostly black, merges with the color of the hands and arms, making the middle a morass of shapes that are pretty indistinguishable. Plus for whatever reason her head seems big, possibly from the lack of glasses.

Ceric
2011-11-09, 03:33 AM
Mine was drawn by Akrim.elf, and the pose was taken almost directly from this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmdqHN-b8Xk&t=104) gunshu (wushu staff) form. :smallbiggrin:

Tectonic Robot
2011-11-09, 11:13 AM
Mine is checking the time, and preparing to do mobster things.

Made by the inequiable SiuiS.

Oracle_Hunter
2011-11-09, 01:17 PM
Huntin' oracles :smallcool:

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii173/Guanlong93/AssasinatetheDarkLord.png

It was made by fellow forumite Phase.

Zejety
2011-11-10, 05:54 PM
My PbF wizard doing wizard stuff. :vaarsuvius:
Made by me. :)

Howler Dagger
2011-11-10, 06:00 PM
Mine is, surpisingly enough, dieing. In Titan Quest, the hero would have reduced him to 0 health. This is the first part part of his deaths, he releases some glowy stuff and turns iinto a skeleton and crumbles. Made by Kaptainkrutch

shawnhcorey
2011-11-10, 06:38 PM
Mine's trying to figure out what when wrong with his Polymorph Self spell. He was attempting to transform himself into a My Little Pony but something went horrible wrong.

I drew him myself using Inkscape (http://inkscape.org/).

Thanqol
2011-11-10, 07:53 PM
Staring blankly into space.

A screencap from the Justice League series.

byaku rai
2011-11-10, 09:10 PM
Staring at and judging every word I type. Made by homestar3.14

horngeek
2011-11-10, 09:16 PM
Ryougi Shiki killing something. Or about to. And it's by Akrim.elf. :smallbiggrin:

Lateral
2011-11-10, 09:30 PM
Yeah, this avatar's just pretty much my representation of my forum persona given physical (well, sorta) form. It's by Crimmy. He's on fire.

I've also got this, which is usually in my sig:
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b381/AlmightyStriker/OotSAvatars/AhabandtheWhiteWhale-1.png

It's Captain Ahab looking over a stormy sea, by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins. Dude's a badass.

Raz_Fox
2011-11-10, 09:49 PM
Watching you. Do you need any heeeeeelp?

A screencap from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

Hiro Protagonest
2011-11-10, 10:12 PM
Huntin' oracles :smallcool:

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii173/Guanlong93/AssasinatetheDarkLord.png

It was made by fellow forumite Phase.

...I just realized that the crosshairs are trained on Dominic. Never noticed the glasses before.

Made by Ceika. Flying down to smite enemies, collect tribute, or eat a buffalo. Or maybe just to be seen by anyone looking up at the clouds.

Akrim.elf
2011-11-11, 03:40 AM
mine is made smuchsmuch
is from DYF and represents.. for me... kids happines and fantasy

and i realy love this avatar

Castaras
2011-11-11, 05:27 AM
That would be Castaras, probably after she got turned into a vampire in AMEN by Xykon_Fan many years ago (back when there was only one acronym group, and around the time EVIL came about for its short lived experience [Think HALO prototype]).

Made by moi. I need to get back into avatar making again. So many things to do, so little time...

edit: Man, it feels weird to be wearing this avatar again. And I can see all the issues and mistakes in it, heh. I feel all nostalgic, halp. D:

Surfing HalfOrc
2011-11-11, 06:08 AM
Mine is (more or less) myself, riding a bicycle through South Korea. That is my bicycle, and my favorite riding jersey.

The incomparable Ceika drew him for me. She rocks!

beyond reality
2011-11-11, 03:48 PM
Mine is a fighter drawn as a d10. He's glaring at you. Drawn by me.

Mauve Shirt
2011-11-11, 05:08 PM
Being scared of dying! Usually I wear the Bathatar (http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii197/h0wupdohighknee/Avatars/mauveshirt.png), but right now it's Echowinds.

Zejety
2011-11-11, 07:04 PM
Yeah, this avatar's just pretty much my representation of my forum persona given physical (well, sorta) form.

So your forum persona likes flaming? :P

Lateral
2011-11-11, 08:32 PM
So your forum persona likes flaming? :P

Sure, if blowing stuff up using fiery explosions counts as flaming.
http://givemetherock.com/wp-content/uploads/golden_explosion.jpg

:smalltongue:

death pig
2011-11-14, 03:30 PM
My avatar is about to stab you. Made by Tinymushroom

A Rainy Knight
2011-11-14, 04:22 PM
Mine is doing its best impression of the girl in the artwork for Supercell's "Kimi no Shiranai Monogatari" single, one of my favorite songs in a long time. The title in Japanese is written out in the grass, "君の知らない物語" And it's made by me! :smallbiggrin:

Mutant Sheep
2011-11-14, 06:40 PM
Mine is a mutated sheep glaring evilly at the computer screen as a 4 year old girl beats him at a video game.:smalltongue: (Made by Xander Morhaime, who is awesome)

Savannah
2011-11-14, 07:07 PM
Yeah, this avatar's just pretty much my representation of my forum persona given physical (well, sorta) form. It's by Crimmy. He's on fire.

I've also got this, which is usually in my sig:
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b381/AlmightyStriker/OotSAvatars/AhabandtheWhiteWhale-1.png

It's Captain Ahab looking over a stormy sea, by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins. Dude's a badass.

....I recognize both avatars, but I'd never realized both went with the same person :smallredface: (I tend to recognize people by their avatars, which can lead to trouble like this on occasion.)

Mine tend to be fairly self-explanatory and are all made by me :smalltongue:

GrlumpTheElder
2011-11-15, 11:38 AM
Grlump Fawkes is preparing to blow up the houses of parliament -

One of my two November Avatars, made by myself.

Dusk Eclipse
2011-11-15, 11:43 AM
Mine is Zabuza using the transformation jutsu to infiltrate Ponyville.... wish I could remember who drew it though :smallredface:

super dark33
2011-11-15, 11:46 AM
My Dark wizard is dashing backwards while casting a silly spell to distract his chasers.

Made by watcher from the SMBG.

Isolder74
2011-11-15, 12:30 PM
My Jedi Archeologist is looking about an ancient Sith Temple.

ShadowySilence
2011-11-27, 11:57 AM
My OC Maxwell is smiling for a photo. (he will then proceed to steal the camera at rifle-point)

DoctorGlock
2011-11-27, 04:29 PM
Made by Ceika the Awesome, crowned in glory, Lady of the Avatars, you see Father Time drawing back his robes to reveal a golden hourglass in his dusty chest cavity, an hourglass that even for him is running out. Determinism cuts many ways.

Edit for new avatar!

Father time realizes he is another year older, and he feels it. Welcoming 2012 a tad early.

101jir
2011-11-27, 04:57 PM
I am not entirely sure what my wolf is doing. I think he reflects me on a deeper level than I even used to realize. He certainly keeps his distance from others, though is not overtly aggressive. He is welcoming you to a world where only the strong survive. Maybe he will even help you through it, if you're lucky, but ultimately you have to be stong enough. See Pain- Three Days Grace. Ya, I know, not what people typically think. He's on your side, but he is going to watch you suffer as he has, although maybe he can ease it a bit, fend of some of your attackers. Kindof how I met a great friend of mine. I have never actually though this deeply about my avi.

EDIT: Oh, and I just grabbed it off of a google images search.

EDIT 2:

Attacking some angel, while directing my cat onward.
Made by Ceika.

Wait, that's a cat? I was thinking it was a woofy:smallfrown::smalltongue:.[/QUOTE]

Haruki-kun
2011-11-27, 08:25 PM
My current avatar is eating some cereal while pointing something out to the speaker. And it is made by me.

Lateral
2011-11-27, 08:46 PM
....I recognize both avatars, but I'd never realized both went with the same person :smallredface: (I tend to recognize people by their avatars, which can lead to trouble like this on occasion.)
...Huh. My Ahabtar is usually in my signature when I'm using the Crimmytar. :smallconfused:

Although I guess it's usually spoilered.

Lord Raziere
2011-11-28, 02:10 AM
I have so many, but here is some examples:

my current avatar is the closest approximation to me I can get IRL using inkscape, he is holding a book, because he is my work week avatar, because I want to be a novelist when I grow up.

my dragon avatar with the flames, is actually a dragon made of water, with spines made out of ice, with eyes, hair and goatee of flame, while his water-hand holds some Icefire, my own fictional mad science invention. He is grinning/smiling because he is a MAAAAAAD SCIENTIIIIST!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!

the avatar before that was female eldritch abomination Raziere for eldritch abomination week, the one before that was female water Raziere, wielding water

as for why I have so many varied avatars, I believe that my identity is too rich, complex and ever-changing to ever be summed up in one form

and of course, almost all my avatars are made by me, one of the few I didn't make was one for pony-avatar week and that was only because I hadn't figured out how to make my own yet.

Abrexa
2011-11-28, 09:47 AM
Jan Ors being awesome :smallsmile:

Nerd-o-rama
2011-11-28, 09:58 AM
My avatar is being incognito, because I quit the board once and totally didn't come back. It's a compelling disguise. She's also celebrating...something. Probably just the joy of life.

The legacy avatars in my signature are, respectively, utilizing the ultimate camouflage and Arcane-Channeling Shocking Grasp. All credits are in my signature.

Hiro Protagonest
2011-11-28, 01:19 PM
My avatar is being incognito, because I quit the board once and totally didn't come back. It's a compelling disguise. She's also celebrating...something. Probably just the joy of life.

The legacy avatars in my signature are, respectively, utilizing the ultimate camouflage and Arcane-Channeling Shocking Grasp. All credits are in my signature.

I'm trying to imagine Meal Gear Solid as an RPG.

"Enemy soldiers are walking down the corridor, what do you do?"
"I hide in a cardboard box! Look, it's listed in my inventory."

shawnhcorey
2011-11-28, 01:32 PM
I'm trying to imagine Meal Gear Solid as an RPG.

"Enemy soldiers are walking down the corridor, what do you do?"
"I hide in a cardboard box! Look, it's listed in my inventory."

It works for some (http://www.collectedcurios.com/sequentialart.php?s=695).

Scarlet Knight
2011-11-28, 02:34 PM
My present avatar is from Ajadea for work week

Questing has become too dangerous, so the Scarlet Knight is a road construction worker, holding up the stop sign for motorists, while sipping his morning coffee.

Sean Mirrsen
2011-11-28, 02:43 PM
My avatar is the Symbol of Psionic Flame (a stylized humanoid figure composed of Delta and Psi letters), channeling the evergreen Psionic Flame. The backstory behind this one would make a wall of text, so I'll leave it at that.

Drawn by myself.

Dark Elf Bard
2011-11-28, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by 101jir

Wait, that's a cat? I was thinking it was a woofy:smallfrown::smalltongue:.
Just to make a fellow playgrounder happy (who I really admire), look again at the first post.:smallwink::smalltongue::smallredface:

101jir
2011-11-28, 03:25 PM
Just to make a fellow playgrounder happy (who I really admire), look again at the first post.:smallwink::smalltongue::smallredface:

Nice:smallsmile:.

Pokonic
2011-11-28, 03:36 PM
I could only assume my avatar is charging up for 2012, where he shall run amock the earth.

Until then, he is attempting to get the bread to rise in the oven with threating the yeast with fermentation.

The God of War
2011-11-28, 03:38 PM
Waiting for 2012, to kill the people that don't commit suicide!:smallamused:

Recherché
2011-11-28, 09:09 PM
Reading "Finding Plot Holes For Dummies." Yes, I actually made a prop of that book. I made and wore the costume, Blizzardterak (not a member of GitP) took the picture.

irenicObserver
2011-11-28, 11:15 PM
My current avatar is eating some cereal while pointing something out to the speaker. And it is made by me.

Is that based of that meme?

irenicObserver
2011-11-28, 11:45 PM
My avatar is the Symbol of Psionic Flame (a stylized humanoid figure composed of Delta and Psi letters), channeling the evergreen Psionic Flame. The backstory behind this one would make a wall of text, so I'll leave it at that.

Drawn by myself.

Reading "Finding Plot Holes For Dummies." Yes, I actually made a prop of that book. I made and wore the costume, Blizzardterak (not a member of GitP) took the picture.

Just wanted to say that I love all three of your avatars the most. Recherché I do not believe I have seen you before.

Recaiden
2011-11-29, 05:15 PM
Mine is, of course, looking for robots to shoot at, and is made by me.

banjo1985
2011-11-30, 05:33 AM
Well, Elan invented a magnificent rocket pack and decided to take it for a spin for a Steampunk theme week a few years ago. One of the last avatars I actually made for myself.

Dark Elf Bard
2011-11-30, 03:37 PM
Just wanted to say that I love all three of your avatars the most.
That really means a lot to me, as I'm a newbie. Thank you very much!!!!!

Fortuna
2011-11-30, 03:46 PM
Correction: my avatar is preparing to smite the **** out of some Creatures of Darkness, thanks to the wonderful Akrim.elf.

death pig
2011-11-30, 03:48 PM
My avatar is casting a death spell.

Freelancer Jack
2011-11-30, 04:13 PM
Standing around, being intimidating.

Mordokai
2011-11-30, 04:26 PM
One of my favourite, yet sadly underplayed DnD characters, paying a homage to Marilyn Monroe. Drawn by Kid Kris... as you can clearly read from the signature.

dehro
2011-11-30, 04:59 PM
mine is doing what rangers of the school of the broody owl do best, standing around looking cool and menacing.
it was crafted by the ineffable Wojiz
Avi has drawn the sigatar, a shaolin-styled monk who is looking rather bemused at what he was sitting in whilst begging for food in the streets

Dr.Epic
2011-11-30, 07:06 PM
I can tell you this: my avatar isn't performing a musical number (at the current moment:smallwink:).

Recherché
2011-11-30, 10:59 PM
Just wanted to say that I love all three of your avatars the most. Recherché I do not believe I have seen you before.

:smallredface: Awwww. Most likely you haven't seen me because I don't venture into Arts and crafts very often.

Greenish
2011-12-02, 12:50 AM
My avatar's flailing about with two kusari-gamas. Because the (D&D 3.5) rules say you can. Props for Derjuin for managing to make it look cool instead of silly.

Dark Elf Bard
2011-12-03, 08:48 PM
http://www.roflcat.com/images/cats/270913946_efa38ec3d8.jpg

Dr.Epic
2011-12-03, 09:16 PM

Your avatar also appears to be existing in three dimensions unlike most.

Luka
2011-12-04, 03:21 PM
It's an awesome NG Crusader made by Vrythas!
He's pretty much facing some evil-aligned dude or army and being like "Get near my buddies, I Dare you! I ***** DARE YOU!", and since it's NG, doesn't care if it's lawful or chaotic.

Lyinginbedmon
2011-12-04, 03:32 PM
My avatar is identifying my user account to others with an expedient visual representation beyond the simple text that displays my username.

I made it.

Chambers
2011-12-07, 09:34 PM
The little guys in my avatar are trying to not capsize. I made it in Paint Shop Pro 7 and it's based on The Great Wave off Kanagawa (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Great_Wave_off_Kanagawa) by Hokusai.

ShadowySilence
2011-12-07, 09:45 PM
My avatar is staring to the left of the screen pondering the implications of being trapped inside of a computer! :smalltongue:

Ajadea
2011-12-07, 11:58 PM
Sitting on a present and waving her rapier menacingly. Also probably freezing, due to the fact that (if you don't count her cloak) she's wearing less than she normally does. And I'm not Australian, so Christmas = Winter. Made by me.

Zombulian
2011-12-08, 12:52 AM
My avatar is being an extremely classy Dapperforged, tightening his tie. Being a general BA.

Spookymurloc
2011-12-19, 08:17 PM
It's a murloc from Warcraft, but spoooooooooooooky.

So... it's sittin' there being spooooky.

I made it myself with MS Paint, and I'm quite pleased with how well it turned out.
My next adventure is to make it spookyer! Maybe some sort of spooky santa hat, or maybe a tricycle.

BeethroBudkin07
2011-12-19, 08:29 PM
A TF2 engineer who has spotted a spy. It's creepin' around here.

I made it as one of my very first OoTS style avatars. I kind of like it, but I may replace it with something else later on.

Dark Elf Bard
2011-12-19, 11:24 PM
Trying to fit this stupid hat on. (holiday 2011)http://i1021.photobucket.com/albums/af331/strawberries1984/thewarl-1.png