PDA

View Full Version : Skyrim- What's your pre-loading speed on Steam? :l

Mockingbird
2011-11-09, 03:45 PM
Because mine is pretty slow. 7% in a half hour. Nevertheless, I'm going to stay up for the midnight release and start playing it while my brother waits in line at gamestop. :P
Anyway, though, how fast is your pre-loading speed on steam?

Mando Knight
2011-11-09, 04:19 PM
7% in half an hour for a new/recent game? That's actually pretty decent, considering that 100% is upwards of 20 GB nowadays... it's roughly equivalent to 78 kB/s, and my university connection is downloading a game right now at speeds between 150-200 kB/s. And that's at a tech university, so don't fret over it too much.

Mockingbird
2011-11-09, 05:39 PM
7% in half an hour for a new/recent game? That's actually pretty decent, considering that 100% is upwards of 20 GB nowadays... it's roughly equivalent to 78 kB/s, and my university connection is downloading a game right now at speeds between 150-200 kB/s. And that's at a tech university, so don't fret over it too much.

Well, 7% for a game upwards of 20 GB would be good, but Skyrim is six gigabytes.. :p

But, this thread isn't about me complaining about my DL speed, it's me asking what all of your download speeds are out of curiosity.

Mando Knight
2011-11-09, 07:12 PM
Well, 7% for a game upwards of 20 GB would be good, but Skyrim is six gigabytes.. :p

...Huh. That's actually pretty small nowadays, though I guess it's enough, since FO3 (base version) is only ~6 GB...

Mockingbird
2011-11-09, 09:00 PM
...Huh. That's actually pretty small nowadays, though I guess it's enough, since FO3 (base version) is only ~6 GB...

Yeah, it does seem pretty small. Although, games made by Bethesda are subject to massive amounts of modding, so those will beef it up some. :P

ZeltArruin
2011-11-11, 11:27 AM
Took about 30 minutes for me on Wednesday. Don't know the speed off the top of my head, but some quick math could figure it out, if only I weren't so lazy.