PDA

View Full Version : The Dark, New World (Needs naming Help among other things)

goblingravy
2011-11-09, 04:45 PM
So, yeah. I decided to give the world building thing a try. Why not have a world where the entire civilization is underground? Here's the basic idea: there are 4 empires (redde, Bleau, Yelowh, and Greane), each with a few kingdoms. They are differentiated in a few ways.
Redde - Thermal energy in the form of underground volcanoes, possibly a heat/lava oriented player race.
Bleau - Electric energy in the form of light from magical electric eels; Bleu is kind of a big fish bowl, it's full of water and surrounded by walls. The natives are aquatic elves, sahuagin & other aquatic reptiles, and general fishy races. Races native to bleu would need some fish tank machine to go on dry land.
Greane - Chemical energy in the form of explosive rocks. I was thinking of adding grenades/bombs and a Demolitionist PrC. The rocks explode on contact with water, and waterproof algae almost always covers the rocks.
Yelowh - Mixed energy sources from all the other empires. Yellowh is also the only place where any wood-like substance grows, in the form of very large and hard mushrooms. anything that uses wood cost double outside of Yelowh.

Every race has developed low-light vision, and there are bushes everywhe but in Bleau that make excellent torches.

Any other ideas? Flaws I overlooked? Please reply!!

super dark33
2011-11-10, 01:32 PM
A new world, but why not a planet?
I think that you should use a diffrent race system too.

The world of Loosaahs (the god that created it thought its funny, and it was funny at first :smallbiggrin:) is a harsh planet, where strong winds, endless dustbowls, hurricanes, meteors and outer catasthrophies hit its surface.
but the underground is safe.
in the undderground, there are life.

they are like humens, but with more mineralic skin.

ill think about races for it.

you have my support!

goblingravy
2011-11-10, 02:18 PM
Huzzah! Thank you kindly!

super dark33
2011-11-11, 04:10 PM
i got some ideas on

RELIGION

The god who created Loosahs abandoned it once it stopped being fun harresing the people who tried to build stuff, as they started going underground to avoid his wrath Bordeoom.
Since then, a number of Moritoids acsended to godhood like positions.
there isnt real religion there as they dont trust gods.
for example, here are some of the 'gods':

Relovin:He owns the lava. he created the Redstone, that transforms heat into electricity.
Booriah:He owns the aquariums. Built the first Eel farm, where they are treated as cows in earth.
Gleeoh:He is the master of chemicals. wrote the great book of chemistry, where he wrote down interaction of matirials with matirals.
Yerede:He owns the forests. Invented the Electricity through wood* system.

*the trees are made of raw coal, yet living.

RACES
The moritoids from above are the main race.
use Humen, with the following additions:
Low light vision 200 feet
+2 Int, -2 Str : they rely on technology more then they used to.

more races to come!

goblingravy
2011-11-12, 07:22 PM
me gusta, I will work on some stuff!

goblingravy
2011-11-12, 08:22 PM
Using the Pistol, Musket, and Bomb weapons from pg145 in the DMG
Ammunition (Firearms): Musket ball (5): Cost 5 gp, weighs 1 lb.

super dark33
2011-11-18, 10:26 AM
I thought using the laser stuff.

what were doing, is to creat a futre setting that isnt based on some apocalypse or anything. (like most outers.)

Think spiral knights.

this planet can be reached by spaceships from outer settings.
it may have spaceships of its own too.