PDA

View Full Version : What should I make?

maximus25
2011-11-09, 09:20 PM
D&D 3.5 game, just about any book is open. The DM says he doesn't do LA or RHD rules, so if I have, say, an ECL of 50, he treats me as a 1st level character for experience. He's just going to throw bigger and badder things at me, which is always fun.

Psionics and magic are weird, because for the current plane we are on, there is a blue crystal and a red crystal. Blue controls psionics and red controls magic. Only if you are touching the red gem may you cast magic spells and only if you are touching the blue gem may you manifest psionics. If you are within a certain range of each you may cast or manifest 3rd level spells or powers. We don't know what happens if you break one...

I don't care what the character is, just no really broken characters. My DM killed off my last one, a ragewalker barbarian, because I killed two (Admittedly stupid) PCs who walked into my swirling of chains.

I'm willing to play anything, but one person wanted to make a magic user and so I'm probably gonna let him have it.

So with those guidelines, what would you make, or have me make? I'm really open to anything, get some MoI stuff in there, whatever. If possible could you have a progression from 1-20 of classes, and what feats I should take. Also, I'm not sure if incarnum stuff counts as magic, might not. Any template, high RHD or LA is allowed, go nuts.

Thanks. :3

Aegis013
2011-11-09, 09:25 PM
Without LA's or RHD, play some kind of anthropomorphic from Sav Species with as many ridiculous templates as possible applied.

Be a Feral, Learnean Multi-headed, Half Clay Golem anthropomorphic African Elephant Ubercharger or something. Unless that's just too OP.

Flickerdart
2011-11-09, 09:31 PM
What about Shadowcasting? Infusions? Binding? Is the Tome of Battle allowed? Are Invocations subject to the magic restriction? Spell-like abilities? All supernatural abilities?

deuxhero
2011-11-09, 09:31 PM
No magic or psionics effectively? Hmm...

Hmm, you should be able to Truename, but that's eh by nature of true naming.

Doubt the shadow weave exists in the setting.

Invokers are arcane magic, just different method....

Ah! Incarnum and Binders!

Hiro Protagonest
2011-11-09, 09:32 PM
Be... what's it called? Baby Schlump? Go through all your books and find an extremely powerful race (I recommend a type of true dragon, or solar if you want to be humanoid, as long as you don't mind not having the humanoid type). Then find as many templates as you can and put them on.

Either you curb stomp everything, or the rest of the party gets killed in the crossfire. When the DM kills your character, talk to him about his rules on LA and RHD.

maximus25
2011-11-09, 09:34 PM
What about Shadowcasting? Infusions? Binding? Is the Tome of Battle allowed? Are Invocations subject to the magic restriction? Spell-like abilities? All supernatural abilities?

We don't really know, but anything spell or psi like assume no until I can talk to him. Tome of battle yes, Binding I assume is allowed. One person was a dread necro and couldn't use his charnel touch, so no? I think invocations count as magic.

JaronK
2011-11-09, 09:37 PM
Binding gives supernatural abilities, so if Charnel Touch doesn't work then I assume Binding won't either. So go full Ex... I'd say have fun with Tome of Battle. Avoid teleportation maneuvers though.

JaronK

maximus25
2011-11-09, 10:00 PM
Just remembered, no celestial looking or demon looking things.

jiriku
2011-11-09, 10:07 PM
In all fairness, do let the DM know that if you can get AC, saves, and attack rolls 20 points higher than the rest of the party for free, he's broken his game before he even started, because he can't challenge you without wiping the rest of the party.

maximus25
2011-11-09, 10:18 PM
They also are super optimized, except one, but we don't care about him because he set an elder god on us.

The dread necromancer, after getting his magic, summoned a magic church and when said elder god attacked us, used it all to summon the aborted fetus of the gods, some monstrous magical thing that destroyed everything. Then he set off a sphere of annihilation and killed us all.

Malachei
2011-11-10, 06:27 AM
If there's a Wizard already, you might enjoy a ToB class, Warblade or Crusader, for instance. You can google up the relevant handbooks, which also have builds in it. Here's the one I'd start with. (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19871270/Tome_of_Battle_for_Dummies)

maximus25
2011-11-10, 03:06 PM
If there's a Wizard already, you might enjoy a ToB class, Warblade or Crusader, for instance. You can google up the relevant handbooks, which also have builds in it. Here's the one I'd start with. (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19871270/Tome_of_Battle_for_Dummies)

What templates should I stack onto a warblade to be crazy?

Emmerask
2011-11-10, 03:18 PM
Stack all of them that you can?

A Phrenic, Paragon, Half Gold-, Half Bronze-, Half Silver-, Half Red-, Half Green-, Half Blue-, Half Black-, Half White Dragon, ...

still need to get sonic, weapon (half troll?) and death immunity...

Malachei
2011-11-10, 03:37 PM
As a ToB character, first of all, I'd dip into at least one other ToB class. Get Thicket of Blades. Further develop into an AoO build. Get large size.

Templates... I'm mostly playing with only a few templates... hm, I'm sure there's a best-templates-thread or handbook somewhere.