PDA

View Full Version : Actual Rules for Hybrid Races

Tokuhara
2011-11-09, 11:02 PM
Are there actual rules for custom half-breed races? I'm not talking true homebrew as much as combining pre-generated races from the d&d books, such as a Half-Drow Half-Karsite, a Half-Neanderthal Half-Orc, and a Half-Illumian Half-Ogre (why anybody would want to play THAT monstrosity, I have no clue).

And on a side note, what are race combinations that you want to play? I am partial to the Half-Drow Half-Karsite myself.

Ksheep
2011-11-09, 11:05 PM
Don't know of any official rules off in any of the WotC splatbooks, but I'm sure theres some third party d20 book that covers it. Just not sure where it would be, sorry.

As for combinations… Half-Giant, Half-Pixie. How would THAT work?

Tokuhara
2011-11-09, 11:06 PM
Don't know of any official rules off in any of the WotC splatbooks, but I'm sure theres some third party d20 book that covers it. Just not sure where it would be, sorry.

As for combinations…*Half-Giant, Half-Pixie. How would THAT work?

Ahhh... Any book suggestions to find these mysterious rules??

and as for Half-Giant Half-Pixie, no amount of Mindrape can make that right. And if anybody says the words "Grease Spell," somebody is going to get smacked

The Underlord
2011-11-09, 11:08 PM
I glad someone elsse thought of this. Now that I am thinking about it a half-dvati half changleing sounds hilraious to play.

Tokuhara
2011-11-09, 11:10 PM
I glad someone elsse thought of this. Now that I am thinking about it a half-dvati half changleing sounds hilraious to play.

That would actually be cool

Aurenthal
2011-11-09, 11:17 PM
Dwelf=half-elf+half-dwarf

legomaster00156
2011-11-09, 11:19 PM
and as for Half-Giant Half-Pixie, no amount of Mindrape can make that right. And if anybody says the words "Grease Spell," somebody is going to get smacked

Ummm... Reduce Person on the giant (it is a humanoid), and a researched Enlarge Monster on the pixie? Make sure to Permanency the Enlarge Monster, or the birth could be... :smalleek:
I am now ashamed of even trying to think of how that relationship could work.

Tokuhara
2011-11-09, 11:20 PM
Tanget: Can a Half-Elf qualify for Scion of Dantalion? And what exactly would a Half-Drow Half-Karsite have in racial abilities?

Prophet_of_Io
2011-11-09, 11:36 PM

I homebrewed a Dwelf for my current campaign, and I think it works pretty well.

As far as I know there are a few "Half-" templates but no rules on making your own Half-breeds outside 3rd parties.

But I Have always wanted to play a half-fey Half-orc. Because A half-orc with faerie wings is too fun NOT to play.

Tokuhara
2011-11-09, 11:40 PM
I homebrewed a Dwelf for my current campaign, and I think it works pretty well.

As far as I know there are a few "Half-" templates but no rules on making your own Half-breeds outside 3rd parties.

But I Have always wanted to play a half-fey Half-orc. Because A half-orc with faerie wings is too fun NOT to play.

Just found Half-Drow in a 3rd Party Book. Makes life SO much easier

OracleofWuffing
2011-11-09, 11:42 PM
As for combinations…*Half-Giant, Half-Pixie. How would THAT work?

*sigh*

When a Giant and a Pixie love each other a whole lot...

And I mean, really, a whole lot...

Diefje
2011-11-09, 11:44 PM
Half-gnome. Half-Halfling. QUADRUPLE THE AWESOME.

Coidzor
2011-11-09, 11:44 PM
Yay for size-changing magic!

Oh, wait, none of those work on them other than Giant Size.

Uh..........

OracleofWuffing
2011-11-09, 11:46 PM
Look, they go to a regular-sized stork-owned cabbage patch to find the Sears with the kit and the pillow that the mother eats regardless of their size.

Fax Celestis
2011-11-09, 11:54 PM
Goodman Games' Book of Templates (http://www.goodman-games.com/4340preview.html) has a metatemplate in it, in which you feed it a monster and it makes a half-monster template. It's also got a lot of other really neat stuff, so I highly recommend it. Both of these (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63584) creatures (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63989) were built with it.

Tokuhara
2011-11-10, 12:00 AM
Goodman Games' Book of Templates (http://www.goodman-games.com/4340preview.html) has a metatemplate in it, in which you feed it a monster and it makes a half-monster template. It's also got a lot of other really neat stuff, so I highly recommend it. Both of these (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63584) creatures (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63989) were built with it.

Found it for $4! Bought it

dgnslyr
2011-11-10, 12:54 AM
I think there's a third-party book out there called Bastards and Bloodlines. It seems like the kind of book you're looking for.

Flickerdart
2011-11-10, 01:11 AM
Ummm... Reduce Person on the giant (it is a humanoid), and a researched Enlarge Monster on the pixie? Make sure to Permanency the Enlarge Monster, or the birth could be... :smalleek:
I am now ashamed of even trying to think of how that relationship could work.
Giants are, absurdly enough, of the Giant type, and are not humanoid at all, or even close really.

Tvtyrant
2011-11-10, 01:19 AM
*sigh*

When a Giant and a Pixie love each other a whole lot...

And I mean, really, a whole lot...

The pixie is a Wu-jen.

Tokuhara
2011-11-10, 01:27 AM
I think there's a third-party book out there called Bastards and Bloodlines. It seems like the kind of book you're looking for.

I have Bastards & Bloodlines. Good book, for 3rd party

umbergod
2011-11-10, 01:27 AM
I once played a 1/2 goblin 1/2 vasharan in a vile campaign. cant remember my stats but i was disgusting overall XD

generally you homebrew the stuff.

Feytalist
2011-11-10, 02:42 AM
A small note: Half-drow are statted in Races of Faerun, which is an official source.

Ravens_cry
2011-11-10, 07:38 AM
DM of the Rings jokes aside, that probably would have happened if Legolas, or Gimli for that matter, had been a woman.
To the Homebrew-mobile, Batman!

Morph Bark
2011-11-10, 08:17 AM

As for combinations… Half-Giant, Half-Pixie. How would THAT work?

Basterds and Bloodlines, to be precise.

I actually considered expanding a piece of homebrew of mine that re-did the Human as a race into making a kind of "make your own race" kind of thing.

Volthawk
2011-11-10, 08:23 AM
A small note: Half-drow are statted in Races of Faerun, which is an official source.

Drow of the Underdark also gives information on them in a sidebar.

Tokuhara
2011-11-10, 08:24 AM
Basterds and Bloodlines, to be precise.

I actually considered expanding a piece of homebrew of mine that re-did the Human as a race into making a kind of "make your own race" kind of thing.

As well as the Book of Templates. It has things like Half-Drow and Half-Gnome, and even Half-Kobold (Oh, the cheese that could happen)

lorddrake
2011-11-10, 08:28 AM
And if anybody says the words "Grease Spell," somebody is going to get smacked

I'm sorry but you kind of just said and made the world a little sadder place:smallfrown:

Tokuhara
2011-11-10, 08:44 AM
I'm sorry but you kind of just said and made the world a little sadder place:smallfrown:

I'm sorry...

http://s3-media4.ak.yelpcdn.com/bphoto/5JqUPcrAliuJFj-NdoHBIg/l.jpg

For anyone who was saddened, here is the World's Largest Pumpkin Pie

Ravens_cry
2011-11-10, 08:49 AM
Rowling obviously wasn't going to go into much detail about Hagrids conception, but how, how on Earth did it happen?

Tokuhara
2011-11-10, 08:51 AM
Rowling obviously wasn't going to go into much detail about Hagrids conception, but how, how on Earth did it happen?

He's a Half-Giant who tried to class in Wizard. His player sucked at optimizing, so he Multiclassed into PF's Beastmaster :smalltongue:

Ravens_cry
2011-11-10, 08:55 AM
He's a Half-Giant who tried to class in Wizard. His player sucked at optimizing, so he Multiclassed into PF's Beastmaster :smalltongue:
I think D&D Half-Giants are actually smaller than Hagrid.
But I meant the physicality.

Tokuhara
2011-11-10, 09:01 AM
I think D&D Half-Giants are actually smaller than Hagrid.
But I meant the physicality.

Fluff. Hagrid is what, 8-9 foot tall? That is well within the rules for a Half-Giant who the player thought that STR and CON were Wizard's Primary Ability Scores :smallbiggrin:

Lord Vukodlak
2011-11-10, 09:52 AM

Your assuming there talking about half-drow of the human variety. They aren't

legomaster00156
2011-11-10, 10:26 AM
Giants are, absurdly enough, of the Giant type, and are not humanoid at all, or even close really.

I was actually referring to the PF ruling that Giant is a humanoid subtype. I apologize for not being clear on that. (I should probably add to my sig "Assume I'm talking about Pathfinder.")