PDA

View Full Version : Published adventures (3.5)

chadmeister
2011-11-10, 06:38 PM
I'm a long time player, but recently I've taken up DMing for a new group of young players. I'm a little shaky on adventure design, so I'd like to read some premade adventures just to get some ideas of what to prepare for and plots to run.

Anyone know any good sources? Free (legal) or cheap pdfs. I've looked through some of Paizo's D&D stuff, and it's interesting but not maybe quite what I want.

Also wondering how easy it would be to backport Pathfinder products.

King-Strawberry
2011-11-10, 07:57 PM
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/oa/20030530b&page=1 I found this useful

Malachei
2011-11-11, 09:25 AM
Pathfinder products are really, really easy to use with 3.5. Not much work at all.

I'd suggest picking up free modules from the Wizards site for a start. You can also buy old Dungeon magazines on ebay, for instance.

Later, when you want to run an ongoing story / campaign, a good idea would be to run one of the Adventure Paths. The first 3.X version of an ongoing storyline was, IIRC, Shackled City, spread over several dungeon issues, but also available as hardcover. Then there's Age of Worms and Savage Tide, and the Adventure Path books (6 books each, covering level 1 to 15):

Rise of the Runelords -- classic
Second Darkness -- drow-themed
Legacy of Fire -- desert-themed
Curse of the Crimson Throne -- conspiracy-themed
Council of Thieves -- rogue-themed
Kingmaker -- wilderness, nation-building-themed
Serpent's Skull -- exploration / island themed
Carrion Crown -- gothic horror themed
and Jade Regent (running, currently the third book issued)

All of them get a lot of praise and are said to include a good mix of wilderness and dungeon elements, combat and non-combat challenges, etc.