PDA

View Full Version : How to get Preform as a class skill in Pathfinder?

Mockingbird
2011-11-10, 07:03 PM
Okay, for my Changeling character I'm playing, I was just told of a prestige class called Master of Masks. I really want to become a master of masks. :p
But my issue is that I don't have preform as a class skill. How can I get ranks in it without having to take a level in another class? This is a pathfinder campaign. My levels are Hexblade 4/Warshaper 2.

The-Mage-King
2011-11-10, 07:16 PM
Okay, for my Changeling character I'm playing, I was just told of a prestige class called Master of Masks. I really want to become a master of masks. :p
But my issue is that I don't have preform as a class skill. How can I get ranks in it without having to take a level in another class? This is a pathfinder campaign. My levels are Hexblade 4/Warshaper 2.

Pathfinder?

CC skills... Don't cost double. So yeah. No issues there. Though... Master of Masks requires 8 ranks in 3.5, so, going by the conversion (http://paizo.com/store/downloads/v5748btpy89m6), the number of ranks required should be reduced by 3, down to 5, since you don't get X4 skill points at first level.

Basically? Check with your DM, and point him towards that guide published by Paizo. It. Will. Help.

Hiro Protagonest
2011-11-10, 07:18 PM

You play Pathfinder far, far more than 3.5 (I know because of what you post), and you don't know the PF skill system.

Jeraa
2011-11-10, 07:22 PM
You don't have to have it as a class skill to take ranks in it. The only benefit of a skill being a class skill in Pathfinder is the +3 bonus on checks you get if you have at least 1 rank in a class skill.

Belril Duskwalk
2011-11-10, 07:30 PM
Bard, Monk and Rogue are the only basic classes with Perform as a class skill. Though as noted, in Pathfinder class skills add a +3 check bonus to the ones you train, rather than penalize cross class skill points by making them half-points.

Arbane
2011-11-10, 08:11 PM
If you actually DO need it as a class skill for some reason, check out the Cosmopolitan (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/cosmopolitan) feat, which lets you make two INT, WIS, or CHA-based skills always count as class skills for you.

Fortuna
2011-11-10, 08:21 PM
Alternatively, I vaguely remember that Changelings qualify for Able Learner, if that still exists.

Mockingbird
2011-11-10, 08:50 PM

You play Pathfinder far, far more than 3.5 (I know because of what you post), and you don't know the PF skill system.

Far more than 3.5, but I'm still a newbie to RPGs.