PDA

View Full Version : Druid Equipment. [Pathfinder/MIC]

Thefurmonger
2011-11-11, 10:01 AM
Hey all.

So I am joining a level 15 pathfinder game with MIC and SC as allowed from 3.5
Also I can ask about other 3.5 stuff but most will be a no.

With that said. we are allowed 10 items or less (magic items that is)
AND No item can be over +4

I plan to spend all of my time in wildshape and casting.
So no items that require activation.

Also I do not want to put equipment down then WS, then pick it up. yes this works. no I'm not going to do it.

Also I will not be useing wilding clasps. Again, yeah it works great, not for me.

I plan to spend all my time as either an Air elemental or as a Bat. and will not be in melee.

Anyway what I have so far is this...

>Belt Con +4
>Headband Wis +4
>Dragonhide Fullplate, +1, Wild, Druids vestment added for x1.5 cost.. (Yes I took the Prof)
>Dragonhide Shield, +1, Wild
>Ring of Protection +4
>Ring of the Beast (CC Pg 141)
>Mantle of the beast (CC Pg 140)
>Rod, lesser extend
>Pearl of power 2nd level x3 (yes this is ok)

Also as not really magic I have the following.
>Quarterstaff (Ironwood) [Has "Spellstaff" cast on it and is holding SNA8]
>Quarterstaff (prepared for "Changestaff" spell)

the Pearl of power and the rod of extend will be used up to keep Barkskin running all day, so just assume they are not there.

Divine focus is taken by a birthmark (Trait)
And I do have a component pouch.

It is worth pointing out that this character uses the sauran shaman archtype
and is built around Spell Perfection for SNA 8.

Anyway, I have 38,755 Gp left and not sure what to buy.

Thanks for the help.

Thefurmonger
2011-11-11, 10:02 AM
Sorry.

Also worth pointing out that I am casting Superior Resistance (SPC) every day for the saves. and thats why I dont have an item to boost them.

Pilo
2011-11-11, 11:10 AM
It seems obvious to me that you don't have any magic item for your druid animal compagnon. Maybe you can try to stuff it.

Thefurmonger
2011-11-11, 11:28 AM
It seems obvious to me that you don't have any magic item for your druid animal compagnon. Maybe you can try to stuff it.

Ah, well that is quite true. and really the reason should have gone in the first post (my bad)

I went with a domain not an AC.

Again, my bad, that info should have been there.

Thefurmonger
2011-11-11, 10:09 PM
Wow, nothing?

Fair enough.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2011-11-11, 10:26 PM
I'm pretty sure that without Wilding Clasps or taking off/putting on items, the +Wis, +Con, and Ring of Protection won't give you any benefit when you're Wild Shaped. Pathfinder may have changed that, but it's always good to know these things before play begins.

A Circlet of Rapid Casting is highly recommended, your +4 Wis can be added onto it as per MIC p234. You can wear a Druid's Vestment along with magic armor at no drawback, the armor takes Body Slot: Armor/Robe and the vestment takes the Body Slot: Torso, so they can be worn together as separate items. Get Armor of the Beast (CC) that's Dragonhide Full Plate instead of Studded Leather, the set bonus is usually worth it. Get a standard Strand of Prayer Beads that's had the Bead of Smiting removed, which should be only 9,000 gp as per the DMG, and use the Bead of Karma when casting your daily buffs. If you can use Bone Talisman (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/mb/20040721a), then put some Unguent of Timelessness on the spell foci so it lasts 365 times longer than normal, plus they can be reused indefinitely. Also be sure to get a Ring of Enduring Arcana (CM) if possible, you can add your Deflection bonus to AC to that as per MIC p234.

Get a 6th level Pearl of Power and a standard Metamagic Rod of Extend. Every other day, prepare Energy Immunity twice and cast it three times with the rod of extend, using the pearl to recover one. Each will last 48 hours, which is why you only need to cast them every other day. On the days in between, prepare Energy Immunity once and Superior Resistance once, cast those with the rod of extend and use the pearl to recover and cast Energy Immunity again with the rod, be sure to pick different energy types each time. Each of those will also last 48 hours, thus you will gain continual immunity to all five energy types, as well as the benefit of Superior Resistance, for the cost of those two items and two 6th level spell slots per day.

Thefurmonger
2011-11-12, 04:57 PM
Wow, this is perfect.

I had to drop my ring of prot +4 to a +3 so i could afford the pearl and the rod. but good lord.....

sooo worth it.

Again, thanks for that advice.