PDA

View Full Version : tools for World of Darkness npcs?

GoblinGilmartin
2011-11-11, 03:17 PM
Does anyone know about some site i can go to or program i can download to get some NPC's for World of Darkness games? I'm more specifically looking for rules for Ghouls, especially dog ghouls...

TheCountAlucard
2011-11-11, 03:34 PM
Does anyone know about some site i can go to or program i can download to get some NPC's for World of Darkness games?I'm afraid I don't know of any, sorry.

I'm more specifically looking for rules for Ghouls...Pretty sure there are rules for those in the Requiem core book, though the Ghouls book presents more options and information.

especially dog ghouls...They're not much different from a normal dog, as far as I recall, and I believe the stats for an ordinary dog are in the nWoD core book.

GeminiVeil
2011-11-11, 04:04 PM
Which version of WoD are you using? Vampire: The Masquerade, or Requiem? If you are asking about V:tM, I don't know of any tools for it, but I could crack open my books and tell you what they suggest. I never got into Requiem, so I couldn't answer there.

TheCountAlucard
2011-11-11, 05:09 PM
Which version of WoD are you using? Vampire: The Masquerade, or Requiem?I'm assuming OP meant Requiem, by dint of saying "World of Darkness" instead of "Vampire: the Masquerade," or "oWoD," et cetera, but clarification would be nice. :smallsmile:

I never got into Requiem, so I couldn't answer there.We could work together, both providing an answer from our respective fields... :smallamused:

Here's the Requiem answer:
The traits listed below are representative of a large
guard dog (80 to 100 pounds).
Attributes: Intelligence 1, Wits 4, Resolve 4, Strength 4, Dexterity 3, Stamina 3, Presence 4, Manipulation 1, Composure 3
Skills: Athletics (Running) 4, Brawl 3, Intimidation 3, Stealth 1, Survival (Tracking) 3
Willpower: 7
Initiative: 6
Defense: 4
Speed: 14 (species factor 7)
Size: 4
Weapons/Attacks:
Bite - Damage 2(L), Dice Pool of 9
Health: 7

The ghouled dog gains two dots of physical Disciplines (Celerity, Vigor, or Resilience), one of which has to come from the regnant's clan choices. For simplicity's sake, I suggest two dots of Vigor, if the regnant is Daeva or Nosferatu. Its maximum pool for Vitae is equal to its Stamina, so it can hold three Vitae, at best. With this Vitae, it can heal injuries as a vampire, or activate Disciplines, but will never voluntarily spend its last point of Vitae unless the dog would die otherwise.

GeminiVeil
2011-11-11, 06:41 PM
I'm assuming OP meant Requiem, by dint of saying "World of Darkness" instead of "Vampire: the Masquerade," or "oWoD," et cetera, but clarification would be nice. :smallsmile:

We could work together, both providing an answer from our respective fields... :smallamused:

Here's the Requiem answer:
The traits listed below are representative of a large
guard dog (80 to 100 pounds).
Attributes: Intelligence 1, Wits 4, Resolve 4, Strength 4, Dexterity 3, Stamina 3, Presence 4, Manipulation 1, Composure 3
Skills: Athletics (Running) 4, Brawl 3, Intimidation 3, Stealth 1, Survival (Tracking) 3
Willpower: 7
Initiative: 6
Defense: 4
Speed: 14 (species factor 7)
Size: 4
Weapons/Attacks:
Bite - Damage 2(L), Dice Pool of 9
Health: 7

The ghouled dog gains two dots of physical Disciplines (Celerity, Vigor, or Resilience), one of which has to come from the regnant's clan choices. For simplicity's sake, I suggest two dots of Vigor, if the regnant is Daeva or Nosferatu. Its maximum pool for Vitae is equal to its Stamina, so it can hold three Vitae, at best. With this Vitae, it can heal injuries as a vampire, or activate Disciplines, but will never voluntarily spend its last point of Vitae unless the dog would die otherwise.

Looking through my books, I realized that the dog from the V:tM book, and the one from the G:FA book are very different. Oddly enough, the ghouled one is far weaker. For what it's worth, here are both.

V:tM

STR 4 DEX 3 STAM 3
WP 5 Health ok, -1, -1, -2, -2, -5
Bite-5 dice (lethal) Claw- 4 dice (lethal)
Alert 3, athletics 3, brawl 3, dodge 3, empathy 2, intimidate 3, stealth 2
BP: 2
For being a ghoul, would gain potence, plus one more dot of either potence, celerity, or Fortitude. Or more, depending on the Generation of the vampire.
Stats for a mastiff-sized dog

G:FA
Wolf or large dog
STR 2 DEX 3 STAM 3
WP 2, Health ok, ok, -1, -1, -3, -5, incap
Bite: 4 dice, claw 2 dice.
Alert 3, athletics 1, brawl 3, dodge 3, stealth 2, tracking 3
For being a ghoul, would gain potence, plus one more dot of either potence, celerity, or Fortitude. Or more, depending on the Generation of the vampire.

Being ghouled automatically gives one dot of potence, and for animals, they also gain one dot of another physical discipline. Pretty much everything else that works with a ghouled human works with a ghouled animal.

GoblinGilmartin
2011-11-11, 08:46 PM
:smallfrown:i'm an idiot..i meant Masquerade.... sorry...and if you could give me the titles of the books you are mentioning, i'm sure i could find them easily... i am just having a hard time finding the actual titles of VtM sourcebooks...again...idiot...

TheCountAlucard
2011-11-11, 08:52 PM
i'm an idiot...Don't beat yourself up, man. :smallsmile:

i meant Masquerade... sorry...No problem.

and if you could give me the titles of the books you are mentioning, i'm sure i could find them easily... i am just having a hard time finding the actual titles of VtM sourcebooks...Done and done, the ordinary dog is in the VtM core book, and the other is from a book called Ghouls: Fatal Addiction.

GoblinGilmartin
2011-11-11, 11:23 PM
cool, any other good VtM books i need?

TheCountAlucard
2011-11-11, 11:45 PM
cool, any other good VtM books i need?To make ghouled dogs? Not really.

GoblinGilmartin
2011-11-12, 01:15 PM
not specifically just dogs, but, you know, new npc's or new adventures...

GeminiVeil
2011-11-12, 04:50 PM

All you REALLY need is the V:tM core book. All the other books do is give you more options on various things. New bloodlines, new disciplines, even new backgrounds and abilities, but they are really for if you have played a lot. I use this page on occasion: http://www.patman.org/wod/wodindex.asp

If you are looking for 'adventure' ideas, any of the 'By Night' books would probably work, such as 'Chicago by night'. I liked this series to play because all you NEED to play the game is a single book. :smallsmile:

If you need any more help, feel free to post. I have a ton of the books. :smallbiggrin:

GungHo
2011-11-12, 07:24 PM
The By Nights for both Masquerade and Requiem can keep you busy for a very, very long time, and you can easily use those as a model for other cities. At that point, all you need is maps from AAA and maybe a Frommer's guide.

comicshorse
2011-11-12, 10:54 PM

A friend of mine is running us through a slightly altered version of 'The Giovanni Chronicles' and were really enjoying that campaign

For truely terror-inspiring NPC's there is 'The Red List'

GoblinGilmartin
2011-11-16, 06:45 PM
Anyone know of something for World of Darkness Seattle?

The Glyphstone
2011-11-16, 08:06 PM
It's the default city for the NWoD fanline Genius: The Transgression...no idea about OWoD stuff though.

GoblinGilmartin
2011-11-16, 11:58 PM
i'm looking for old world...

TheCountAlucard
2011-11-17, 07:53 AM
Isn't Seattle where Magicians of the Bay are centered? Y'know, with that RPG they published, "Labyrinths & Lamiae?" Yeah, that was it.

I love their CCG, "Buy More Sorcery." :smallamused:

They're the major competitor to Black Dog Game Factory, which is best known for their Talespinner System games set in the Romantic-Rage setting of the World of Shadow.

Har, har.

comicshorse
2011-11-17, 01:56 PM
Anyone know of something for World of Darkness Seattle?

I got nothing apart from a story from the Nosferatu Clanbook that Grunge was started by a Nosferatu torturing a Toreador by making him dress awfully and the style caught on.