PDA

View Full Version : Question re: Dispossessed Champion

The_Ditto
2011-11-11, 03:42 PM
Hey everyone, wondering if I can garner some opinions on something.

I'm currently playing a monk in a campaign nearing epic level, and starting to eye epic destinies. Dispossessed Champion caught my eye, but I keep wondering if it's - well - "broken" :smallbiggrin:

Curious what others thought - and if you think it's too strong, how would you "tone it down" ??

My build (summarized):
Elf Monk
Final speed: 10
Paragon Path: Falling Needle Itinerant
Level 12 Encounter Utility from said PP: Wind-Blown Pine (shift x2 your speed).

So yeah, the 21st ability of D. Champion reads, basically:
Whenever you shift, all allies in line of sight shift same amount - as long as the end closer to you.

So yeah, 1/enc, shift 20 (actually 21, Falling Needle Itenerant, level 11 ability: +1 shift on any PP, Monk shift), and viola, entire party shifts 20.

Of course, as a monk, I have a lot of other shift moves, so all of a sudden people are going to have tons of shift options.

So yeah, a little "overboard"? or is this about right for an Epic destiny?
:smallcool:

Mando Knight
2011-11-11, 03:54 PM
That's a lot of shifting, but not especially broken. It's limited (they must end the shift closer to you), and you don't get some of the benefits the other epic destinies see. For example, your auto-recovery comes later and is weaker (for you, at least) than that of, say, the Demigod, and many Epic Destinies can recover Encounter powers... sometimes multiple times per encounter. (A level 30 Legendary Sovereign does not expend his favorite Reliable Weapon encounter power. Ever.)

NecroRebel
2011-11-11, 03:56 PM
That "as long as they end closer to you" clause is pretty limiting, so this is about par for the course IMO. Especially since that destiny is somewhat weak otherwise; it doesn't get an autoressurect until level 30, that autores is weaker than normal, its L24 and 26 abilities are very short-ranged, its L24 power eats surges, and otherwise just isn't a very good destiny, particularly for a striker. Hell, since its autores ability is its L30, that basically means that it doesn't really get a "real" L30 ability.

Surrealistik
2011-11-11, 05:55 PM
The definition of 'broken' in epic ranges from invincibility (Revenant abuse) to literally dominating the entire encounter singlehandedly before anyone else gets to do anything (Cheesewizard), so this doesn't quite fit.

The_Ditto
2011-11-11, 06:18 PM
Cool, thanks for the feedback, guys - I'm not that familiar with the other "baselines" in 4e, so it's hard for me to compare ... I appreciate the input.

Thanks!!