PDA

View Full Version : [Star Wars: Saga] Optimized Jedi

Jhaza
2011-11-11, 06:03 PM
I'm currently in a SW:S campaign, at about level 12, playing as a pure caster Jedi. Currently, the only boosts I've found for UtF are trained and focused, plus Fool's Luck. What else can I take to improve my character?

(Also, hi DM-who's-name-I-won't-mention!)

Mando Knight
2011-11-11, 08:20 PM
That's actually about it. Caster Jedi is so easy to break five ways to the Dark Side anyway, since it can essentially immediately disable anyone without Unstoppable Force. It's all in the power selection, actually. And in selecting Force Techniques/Talents that synergize with your powers. And in then hoping the GM doesn't drop the Banhammer on it. Or worse, escalate the conflict. Do you want to fight a Sith Lord who has already achieved the Education destiny (permanent +5 to one skill) and likely has some kind of plot device artifact to further ramp up his powers?

The_Snark
2011-11-11, 09:13 PM
Note that Fool's Luck has been errata'd to provide a competence bonus, meaning it no longer stacks with Skill Focus.

Anyway, like Mando Knight says, there's not much else you can take to boost your UtF check. If you find that lots of people are resisting your Force powers you could ask the GM about the Education destiny, but that's not a good idea if you already have a high UtF check for your level.

Aside from that, take Force Training plenty of times, and pick Force powers and talents you think are cool. Jedi focused on the Force are pretty flexible; you can build them just about any way you like after the basics and they'll turn out just fine.

Jhaza
2011-11-11, 11:04 PM
Interesting, I hadn't heard about Fool's Luck. I... I guess I should mention that to my GM at some point. Maybe. Thanks for the advice!