PDA

View Full Version : Sports Illustrated: DnD Edition?

ExemplarofAvg
2011-11-11, 09:01 PM
So my school is starting their DnD club for the year. The idea this year is a colosseum style combat. Where two teams will face off every other week Losing teams survive mind you. And the teams that aren't play a quest or something, I'm not sure how many teams their are, All I know is we're not first on the roster to enter the colosseum. However my team has decided to Lampoon a Team theme, much like can be found in... well a few things. First thought is the American Beyblade Team in the original, with all the sports players. Which brings me more to the point. Our Theme. Sports. Now we have someone playing using the Volleyball from Chainmail Bikini (possibly reflavoured to Basketball), and a Greatclub Baseball Player, Soccer or Mix Martial Arts guy focusing on the Kick Unarmed Strike stuff. With a Mario Soccer inspired Ki Blast. There's a fencer as well. And then me, the Rugby/American Football Player. I'm thinking Heavy Armored Dungeoncrasher Variant Thug Fighter. All I'm lost for is a Football, and a Race. Maybe some other feats or a Prestige Class. I figure that Charging, Bull-Rushing and Fighting Defensively would be a good focus.

Zonugal
2011-11-11, 09:10 PM
And then me, the Rugby/American Football Player. I'm thinking Heavy Armored Dungeoncrasher Variant Thug Fighter. All I'm lost for is a Football, and a Race. Maybe some other feats or a Prestige Class. I figure that Charging, Bull-Rushing and Fighting Defensively would be a good focus.

For the football how about an Orcish shotput? And for race there are wide collection of choices: Goliath, Water Orc, Half-Ogre, ect...

What level, stats and books do you have access to?

ExemplarofAvg
2011-11-11, 10:33 PM
For the football how about an Orcish shotput? And for race there are wide collection of choices: Goliath, Water Orc, Half-Ogre, ect...

Umm, Starting Level is like 3, for some reason, I don't know why all I know is the fencing guy is taking "all the useful levels in swashbuckler class". Stats are up in the air, I'm usually a roller, But I think what ever the standard point buy is could be cool. And books are pretty much all, but must be approved by DM.

Also I'd probably be a fool to pass up on the Zhentarim Fighter "Subs" (Which you don't really Sub Anything)

So I guess it would be a Zhentarim (Thug, Should I?) Dungeoncrasher Variant

marcielle
2011-11-12, 06:22 AM
Level 3 is enought to be monk2/psywar1. Expand>Kick like mule. You can also be a half giant and grab natural talent(Expansion). This allows you to get Knockdown and assuming you are fighting other humanoids, you'll have a HUGE bonus due to being 2 sizes larger than most. You won't need too much Wis since in an arena it'll be like 1-2 fights and as a gish you only affect yourself half the time. This allows you to pour into Str and Con, making youa battering ram. Also, remember skilled city dweller ACF. Trade ride for tumble. Grab grapple later and you are a lockdown machine.

Calanon
2011-11-12, 12:06 PM
SPELL CATHA-LON! I personally would accept this as a TRUE challenge of a knowledge of spells and there effects :smallamused:

It takes a true nerd to know every spell in D&D and what they do just by placing them on a spells prepared sheet and keeping there effects in side your head for what takes months at a time between games :smallamused: (Lucky for me I have the unfortunate pleasure of playing 4 different D&D groups with at minimum 1 game everyday :smallannoyed:)

EDIT: OOPS misread your thread beginning (I saw school + D&D mixed and I jumped!) Anyway~ so you could always use a heavy mace as your football :smalltongue:

Tokuhara
2011-11-12, 12:59 PM

Golaith + Orc Shotput + Ranged Dungeoncrasher (is it possible? Maybe in the theme of a really solid pass?) + Bloostorm Blade/Master Thrower/Hulking Hurler could be nasty. You hurl your football so hard it knocks people around (or into each other), it does silly things (brutal throw?), and returns to you

marcielle
2011-11-12, 01:33 PM
Mace? BAH! You are LARGE! Throw the Dungeoncrasher. As a bloodstorm blade.

ExemplarofAvg
2011-11-12, 02:05 PM
Golaith + Orc Shotput + Ranged Dungeoncrasher (is it possible? Maybe in the theme of a really solid pass?) + Bloostorm Blade/Master Thrower/Hulking Hurler could be nasty. You hurl your football so hard it knocks people around (or into each other), it does silly things (brutal throw?), and returns to you

Sounds like a really nice build.
I know there's Ranged Pin and such, is there a ranged bullrush? cause if so and there's a solid surface. (Any since the shotput/football would have an arc to the throw) A Goliath Fighter/Warhulk would be an interesting build. With both a Melee and Ranged Bullrush. I don't wanna make it too complex with Bloodstorm and the Hurler I've only ever done as a War-Hulking Hurler which gets weird damage and I want a lot of melee for the build.

Keegan__D
2011-11-12, 04:24 PM
Powerful Charge (if you go large) and Hurling Charge from Miniature's Handbook. Make a pass to the enemy, then make them pay. The Twisted Charge skill trick (Complete Scoundrel) shows your bobbing and weaving through the crowd. Barbarian level for the fast movement or pounce would be good. Maybe even Improved Grab to demonstrate stuff like the front line of football starting off.

ExemplarofAvg
2011-11-12, 05:15 PM
Powerful Charge (if you go large) and Hurling Charge from Miniature's Handbook. Make a pass to the enemy, then make them pay. The Twisted Charge skill trick (Complete Scoundrel) shows your bobbing and weaving through the crowd. Barbarian level for the fast movement or pounce would be good. Maybe even Improved Grab to demonstrate stuff like the front line of football starting off.

And Greater Powerful Charge? Hmm, Improved Grab, can you feat that or something?