PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Good Wizard Feats?

Roto
2011-11-13, 12:43 AM
I'm making a Pathfinder wizard and this is my first time playing Pathfinder. What are some good wizard feats?

GoodbyeSoberDay
2011-11-13, 12:49 AM
What level, what are you specializing in, what sources are allowed (just core, all of PF, 3.5 sources, 3rd party?), do you know anything about your fellow party mates... Basically, more information would be helpful, and I'd edit it into the OP. Improved Initiative is nice?

Roto
2011-11-13, 12:54 AM
What level, what are you specializing in, what sources are allowed (just core, all of PF, 3.5 sources, 3rd party?), do you know anything about your fellow party mates... Basically, more information would be helpful, and I'd edit it into the OP. Improved Initiative is nice?

Starting level is 5. All of PF is good and only PF. No 3.5 or 3rd party. What I intend to specialize in is Evocation with a little bit of transmutation at higher levels.

From what I know about the party, there's a crappy druid, a ranger/ninja, an alchemist, and a monk.

Gavinfoxx
2011-11-13, 01:07 AM
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/extras/community-creations/treatmonks-lab/test

There ya go.

CheshireCatAW
2011-11-13, 02:33 PM
Not on Treantmonk's Guide, don't forget to look at the Discoveries that you can get as a Wizard. If you are going to specialize (which I would definitely recommend) an attractive option for level 9 is the Opposed Research discovery, which will allow you to reclaim one of your opposed schools. Immortality at level 20, of course. ^_^

navar100
2011-11-13, 05:26 PM
If you are interested in crafting items, Skill Focus Spellcraft will be very helpful.

Ashram
2011-11-13, 05:59 PM
Starting level is 5. All of PF is good and only PF. No 3.5 or 3rd party. What I intend to specialize in is Evocation with a little bit of transmutation at higher levels.

From what I know about the party, there's a crappy druid, a ranger/ninja, an alchemist, and a monk.

Woo, another evoker. I'm playing one right now. =D

Some obvious feats to take would be Spell Focus and Greater Spell Focus for evocation; if you plan on specializing on one spell (Say Fireball, for instance), Spell Specialization and Greater Spell Specialization are pretty good. Improved Initiative is always useful for wizards, and Reach Spell is useful for its low level adjustment. Craft Wondrous Items is useful for making Ioun Stones later, and Spell Penetration and Greater Spell Penetration is a must have for any evoker who wants to reliably bypass spell resistance.

What schools do you plan on opposing? My current evoker opposed enchantment and necromancy.

Roto
2011-11-14, 12:07 AM
Woo, another evoker. I'm playing one right now. =D

Some obvious feats to take would be Spell Focus and Greater Spell Focus for evocation; if you plan on specializing on one spell (Say Fireball, for instance), Spell Specialization and Greater Spell Specialization are pretty good. Improved Initiative is always useful for wizards, and Reach Spell is useful for its low level adjustment. Craft Wondrous Items is useful for making Ioun Stones later, and Spell Penetration and Greater Spell Penetration is a must have for any evoker who wants to reliably bypass spell resistance.

What schools do you plan on opposing? My current evoker opposed enchantment and necromancy.

I was going to oppose Necromancy and Divination. Divination just isn't used that much in my opinion.

I'm also taking the Admixture School from APG. It basically allows me to switch around the type of dmg that spells do: Acid, Fire, Cold, Electricity. I thought that would be invaluable for an evoker.