PDA

View Full Version : Corrupting Create Food and Water trap

Balor01
2011-11-13, 10:07 AM
I would like to know if there is any mechanical way to corrupt Create Food and Water trap? In my current campaign, things are pretty much tippy-versish. Since CFWTs are pretty easy to create, BBEG decided to corrupt them instead of destroy them. What I had in mind was creating wraithplague or ghoulplague by "infecting" mentioned traps.

Is it possible - system-wise? Or can I do it just via plot?

thanks

Heliomance
2011-11-13, 10:13 AM
Plot is your only option here, I think.

Jack_Simth
2011-11-13, 10:19 AM
I would like to know if there is any mechanical way to corrupt Create Food and Water trap? In my current campaign, things are pretty much tippy-versish. Since CFWTs are pretty easy to create, BBEG decided to corrupt them instead of destroy them. What I had in mind was creating wraithplague or ghoulplague by "infecting" mentioned traps.

Is it possible - system-wise? Or can I do it just via plot?

thanks

Well, Magic Device Traps include the option of multiple spell effects ... and there's also not really anything that says they must be built on-site. The simplest way to do it would be to put in another trap on the way that does what you want. An alternate way would be to disable the existing CF&W trap, and put in your own that produces tainted food (CF&W+... oh... Fell Animate Poison, or maybe research a bit on the Contagion spell to allow it to infect people with Ghoul Fever...).

So yes, it's possible, but making use of Handwavium is much simpler and more robust if you're already the DM.

nedz
2011-11-13, 06:03 PM
DMG p272 Cursed Items - Opposite Effect or Target.
Cursed trap of Create Food/Water and Purify Food/Water
Becomes Trap of Create Food/Water and Corrupt Food/Water