PDA

View Full Version : Erudite Questions

CIDE
2011-11-13, 01:34 PM
I'm potentially building said character for one VERY over powered game a DM is running. For clarification the DM ruled ANYTHING D20 is valid. So, BESM, Mutants and MAyehm, D20 Modern/Future, etc... Guns are avoided however as the world (kind of a mesh) doesn't have the technology to support creation of the weapons or ammo.

I should clarify that this would be a back up character in case my current one--a homebrew Protoss Zealot-- ends up faceplanting.

First question is surrounding the Expanded Knowledge feat. Should that work to allow the Erudite to move beyond simply Arcane spellcasting?
Expanded Knowledge [Psionic]

You learn another power.
Prerequisites

Manifester level 3rd.
Benefit

Add to your powers known one additional power of any level up to one level lower than the highest-level power you can manifest. You can choose any power, including powers from another discipline’s list or even from another class’s list.
Special

You can gain this feat multiple times. Each time, you learn one new power at any level up to one less than the highest-level power you can manifest.

Next I was eyeballing a dip for a single level into Psychic Warrior for the proficiencies. Worth it or would the armor be mostly a moot point?

Finally, would the Tashalatora feat be helpful at all or would once again that become moot at higher levels? if it would be useful what would be the best way to use that and gain armor (if that were deemed useful) as well?

Little Brother
2011-11-13, 03:08 PM
No, no, no! Erudite->Full manifesting PRC is the only thing you do unless you're going through the accelerated progression trick I discovered.