PDA

View Full Version : Martial Devotee

Little Brother
2011-11-13, 08:33 PM
Okay, I was bored, so I was building a back up back up character for the campaign I'm in(My luck is THAT BAD sometimes), so I threw the basic idea together and wanted to know what you guy's advice.

Azurin Cloistered Cleric 1/Paladin 4/Bone Knight 1/???

This is about as far as I've gotten. I want 3 things: One, effectively no magic. I don't want it to be an option. Two: I want all the turn attempts. Gimme as many as you can. There is no such thing as too much, preferably without Nightsticks. I want to have them to burn, and I want to function without gear.. Three: I want to be able to fight well. The devotion feats below are the main way, but I also want to be able to fight, probably through dips into Martial Adepts or something. But I want to fight very well. Four: I want all of the devotion feat, or, at least all the good ones. This is the point of the build, I want this to be pulling the weight, not the other levels

Is there some alternative pool for paladins? Does any class but Pally/Cleric/Exorcist give the real TU?

Thanks.

dgnslyr
2011-11-13, 09:33 PM
Is there a specific reason you want a lot of Turn Undead attempts? I think the saying goes, Turn Undead attempts are great for everything except turning undead. It just seems like an oddly specific and not particularly overwhelming ability to use as-intended, is all.

If you want plenty of TU attempts, though, Extra Turning gives 4 extra attempts, I believe. While Nightstick stacking is arguably cheesy, bringing just one can't hurt. A Reliquary Holy Symbol also gives you extra attempts each day. The Undeath Domain gives Extra Turning as a bonus feat, so take it if you're interested.

hex0
2011-11-13, 09:52 PM
Heres a list of turn undead sources I found from google:

Turn/rebuke Undead

grants turn/rebuke undead - anything that grants turning generally stacks
Cleric 1
Paladin 4
Blackguard 3, ecl, command or rebuke only
Sacred Exorcist 1, ecl 8, Complete Divine, turn only
Ur-priest 2, ecl 7, Complete Divine, rebuke only
Divine Mind 4, Complete Divine, class variant (here)
Dread Necromancer 1, base class, Heroes of Horror, rebuke only
Death Delver 1, ecl 6, Heroes of Horror, rebuke only
Chameleon 3, ecl 8, Races of Destiny, see text
Master of Radiance 1, ecl 6, Libris Mortin, turn only - unclear whether you gain turning or if it only stacks
Tenebrous, vestige, ecl 7, Tome of Magic, unlimited use but see text
Knight of the Raven 3, ecl 7, Expedition to Castle Ravenloft
Apostle of Peace 1, ecl 8, Book of Exalted Deeds
Soldier of Light 1, ecl 6, Deities and Demigods
Deadgrim 1, ecl 6, Magic of Eberron - unclear whethero you gain turning or if it only stacks

levels stack for turn/rebuke undead (ie: requires turn/rebuke to qualify for the PrC)
Radiant Servant of Pelor, ecl 7, Complete Divine
Warpriest, ecl 6, Complete Divine
Eldritch Disciple, ecl 6, Complete Mage
Paragnostic Apostle, ecl 3?, Complete Champion
Ordained Champion, ecl 4, Complete Champion
Master of Shrouds, ecl 4, Libris Mortis - rebuke only
Sacred Purifier, Libris Mortis - turn only
True Necromancer, Libris Mortis - rebuke only
Purifier of the Hallowed Doctrine, ecl 6, Heroes of Horror - turn only
Death Delver, ecl 6, Heroes of Horror, rebuke only
Bone Knight, ecl 5, Eberron Five Nations, rebuke only
Deadgrim, ecl 6, Magic of Eberron
Eye of Horus-Re 1, ecl 7, Player's Guide to Faerun

Qwertystop
2011-11-13, 09:59 PM
Going Crusader could give you a lot. Since there are various "theurgy" feats (stack levels in two classes for abilities that scale by class level), you might be able to homebrew one that lets your Smite Evil and/or Turn Undead scale with Crusader level.

Here's a list (don't forget to look down the thread, there's some there that didn't get put into the first post). (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210550)

In fact, all the ones on that list scale a feature for each of two classes (except a couple of Dragon ones). You could probably make it scale Smite Evil and Turn Undead without going beyond the other feats in power level.

Little Brother
2011-11-13, 11:29 PM
Is there a specific reason you want a lot of Turn Undead attempts? I think the saying goes, Turn Undead attempts are great for everything except turning undead. It just seems like an oddly specific and not particularly overwhelming ability to use as-intended, is all.

If you want plenty of TU attempts, though, Extra Turning gives 4 extra attempts, I believe. While Nightstick stacking is arguably cheesy, bringing just one can't hurt. A Reliquary Holy Symbol also gives you extra attempts each day. The Undeath Domain gives Extra Turning as a bonus feat, so take it if you're interested.To fuel Devotion feats. I have two pools as is, I need a third(or more).

Heres a list of turn undead sources I found from google:

Turn/rebuke Undead

grants turn/rebuke undead - anything that grants turning generally stacks
Cleric 1
Paladin 4
Blackguard 3, ecl, command or rebuke only
Sacred Exorcist 1, ecl 8, Complete Divine, turn only
Ur-priest 2, ecl 7, Complete Divine, rebuke only
Divine Mind 4, Complete Divine, class variant (here)
Dread Necromancer 1, base class, Heroes of Horror, rebuke only
Death Delver 1, ecl 6, Heroes of Horror, rebuke only
Chameleon 3, ecl 8, Races of Destiny, see text
Master of Radiance 1, ecl 6, Libris Mortin, turn only - unclear whether you gain turning or if it only stacks
Tenebrous, vestige, ecl 7, Tome of Magic, unlimited use but see text
Knight of the Raven 3, ecl 7, Expedition to Castle Ravenloft
Apostle of Peace 1, ecl 8, Book of Exalted Deeds
Soldier of Light 1, ecl 6, Deities and Demigods
Deadgrim 1, ecl 6, Magic of Eberron - unclear whethero you gain turning or if it only stacks

levels stack for turn/rebuke undead (ie: requires turn/rebuke to qualify for the PrC)
Radiant Servant of Pelor, ecl 7, Complete Divine
Warpriest, ecl 6, Complete Divine
Eldritch Disciple, ecl 6, Complete Mage
Paragnostic Apostle, ecl 3?, Complete Champion
Ordained Champion, ecl 4, Complete Champion
Master of Shrouds, ecl 4, Libris Mortis - rebuke only
Sacred Purifier, Libris Mortis - turn only
True Necromancer, Libris Mortis - rebuke only
Purifier of the Hallowed Doctrine, ecl 6, Heroes of Horror - turn only
Death Delver, ecl 6, Heroes of Horror, rebuke only
Bone Knight, ecl 5, Eberron Five Nations, rebuke only
Deadgrim, ecl 6, Magic of Eberron
Eye of Horus-Re 1, ecl 7, Player's Guide to FaerunThanks. Any ideas on alternate pools? Is Destroy Undead paladin or cleric? I don't have the book.

Going Crusader could give you a lot. Since there are various "theurgy" feats (stack levels in two classes for abilities that scale by class level), you might be able to homebrew one that lets your Smite Evil and/or Turn Undead scale with Crusader level.

Here's a list (don't forget to look down the thread, there's some there that didn't get put into the first post). (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210550)

In fact, all the ones on that list scale a feature for each of two classes (except a couple of Dragon ones). You could probably make it scale Smite Evil and Turn Undead without going beyond the other feats in power level.Hm. Thanks.