PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Base classes with full BAB and hide as a class skill?

deuxhero
2011-11-13, 11:12 PM
All I know of are Ranger and Ambush Drake (for my purposes, RHD without LA is OK), plus one gnome Paladin sub.

Anything I missed?

jguy
2011-11-13, 11:22 PM
Doesn't the Thug Variant fighter in unearthed arcana get hide?

deuxhero
2011-11-13, 11:26 PM
Nope: Bluff, Gather Information, Knowledge (local), and Sleight of Hand are all it adds.

Derjuin
2011-11-13, 11:33 PM
If Dragon Compendium is allowed, the Battle Dancer also has full BAB and Hide. I can't find very many others though...

Draz74
2011-11-13, 11:59 PM
Ambush Drake (for my purposes, RHD without LA is OK)

Where do people get the idea that Ambush Drake is even playable? I'm looking in the MM3 and seeing "Level Adjustment: --"

NeoSeraphi
2011-11-14, 12:01 AM
The Warrior (generic class in Unearthed Arcana) has full BAB, bonus feats with no set list to choose from, and any six skills as class skills.

deuxhero
2011-11-14, 12:04 AM
Where do people get the idea that Ambush Drake is even playable? I'm looking in the MM3 and seeing "Level Adjustment: --"

Because the Savage Progression on WotC's website, to my memory, does not.

Draz74
2011-11-14, 12:17 AM
Because the Savage Progression on WotC, to my memory, does not.

Ah, ok. Thanks.

Ravens_cry
2011-11-14, 02:15 AM
Here it is (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/fc/20060728a) if any wish to look and see if they want to play it.

Godskook
2011-11-14, 04:22 AM
What is the purpose, such that we can possibly offer other suggestions? Martial Study(anything Shadow Hand) works just fine if you're willing to spend a feat or dip fighter(as they can get it as a class bonus feat).

Runestar
2011-11-14, 06:53 AM
What is the purpose, such that we can possibly offer other suggestions? Martial Study(anything Shadow Hand) works just fine if you're willing to spend a feat or dip fighter(as they can get it as a class bonus feat).

My first guess is qualifying for the blackguard prc. :smalltongue:

I would recommend burning 1 feat on martial study as well, though neither of the 1st lv shadow hand maneuvers are really that great. :smallannoyed:

Acanous
2011-11-14, 07:25 AM
How is it this has gone on so long and nobody's mentioned Ranger?

Gullintanni
2011-11-14, 07:32 AM
How is it this has gone on so long and nobody's mentioned Ranger?

It was mentioned in the OP post? :smalltongue:

boomwolf
2011-11-14, 07:36 AM
cuz it got a mention at first post?

Was sure swashbuckler got hide too, but checking proved me wrong...

Hard one...don't think there are any (other then what was mentioned so far) because hide is mostly an "agent" skill, and most full BAB classes fall under "warrior" archtypes...

Psyren
2011-11-14, 10:44 AM
PF Soulknife gets Stealth (i.e. Hide + MS) if you're willing to backport it. (imo, everyone should.)

JoeYounger
2011-11-14, 11:11 AM
I would talk to your DM and explain that in your back story you won the national hide and seek championship so youd like to have hide as a class skill, you know... for flavors sake!

AmberVael
2011-11-14, 11:19 AM
I would recommend burning 1 feat on martial study as well, though neither of the 1st lv shadow hand maneuvers are really that great. :smallannoyed:

If possible, I would advise picking it up later for that reason.

Wait until level 6 and you can pick up Cloak of Deception. Even 1 round invisibility can be useful in a lot of situations. Or, if you'd prefer, pick up Shadow Jaunt. 50ft teleport 1/encounter can be used in a lot of ways too. In fact, Shadow Jaunt may be the better option.

It might make it a little harder to max out hide if you get it a class skill later, but it can be done.

MesiDoomstalker
2011-11-14, 11:41 AM
Nightsong Enforcer from Complete Adventurer. But it requires Hide 10 as pre-reqs, IIRC, so it may not be too useful for your purposes.

I am dumb for missing "Base" in the title. Ignore me.

kestrel404
2011-11-14, 02:13 PM
While technically not a base class, Half-dragon Paragon gets hide as a class skill for several different lineages. And I believe that Dragonwrought Kobold qualifies you for entry under one obscure rule or another involving dragon hit dice, so you don't even have to be a half dragon...

deuxhero
2011-11-14, 02:38 PM
My first guess is qualifying for the blackguard prc. :smalltongue:

And Dread Commando.

I'm trying to avoid burning feats.