PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] System Bugs

Fax Celestis
2011-11-13, 11:20 PM
What are some 'bugs' within the 3.5 system, particularly in the SRD?

What I'm looking for: "The Dead condition doesn't prevent you from taking actions." "There is no way to stop drowning, and if you're drowning at negative HP, it resets you to 0." "By standing a bunch of commoners in a line, you can pass an object from one end of the line to the other instantaneously."

What I'm not looking for: "Glitterdust is too good of a spell for its level." "Wizards are too powerful." "A fighter's feats suck."

Emperor Tippy
2011-11-13, 11:42 PM
CORROSIVE GRASP, as shown here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=222572).

It has to be a bug, or it's the weirdest spell in the game.

arguskos
2011-11-13, 11:44 PM
The way Restoration can actually give you different levels seems like it's probably a bug, not a feature.

Emperor Tippy
2011-11-13, 11:53 PM
The way Restoration can actually give you different levels seems like it's probably a bug, not a feature.

The negative level turning into real level loss and then regaining it for unlimited XP? Or is there another trick that I'm not aware of?

---
Oh yeah, Shapechange into a barghest and use it's Feed SU. What happens?

Arguably you can buy a scroll of shapechange, turn into a barghest, eat some of the high HD/low CR animals that abound in the world, and get yourself up to level 18.

deuxhero
2011-11-13, 11:56 PM
It's Wet Outside does patch the lack of fix for drowning.

Another old one: Empty flask: 1+1/2 pounds, flask filled with Alchemist Fire Acid or Holy Water: 1 pound. Same applies to vial (1/10th pound) and a vial of antitoxin (negligible weight)

Wings of Peace
2011-11-14, 12:05 AM
The way Psionic Lion's Charge has a duration of Instantaneous. That's right, any character can gain Pounce apparently if they're willing to spend the cash on a Psionic Tattoo of Psionic Lion's Charge. Not bad at all for 300gp.

deuxhero
2011-11-14, 12:08 AM
You can argue the system should let you do so anyways, but that's another topic.

Emperor Tippy
2011-11-14, 12:10 AM
The way Psionic Lion's Charge has a duration of Instantaneous. That's right, any character can gain Pounce apparently if they're willing to spend the cash on a Psionic Tattoo of Psionic Lion's Charge. Not bad at all for 300gp.
Use a fully augmented ML 20 Psionic Tattoo (perfectly legal by RAW) and you pick up a +17 circumstance bonus to damage on every charge.

Wings of Peace
2011-11-14, 12:12 AM
Use a fully augmented ML 20 Psionic Tattoo (perfectly legal by RAW) and you pick up a +17 circumstance bonus to damage on every charge.

I'm not sure whether that works by RAW or not. The augmentation applies only to the "current" round which seems like it would apply only to when the tattoo is tapped.

Emperor Tippy
2011-11-14, 12:21 AM
I'm not sure whether that works by RAW or not. The augmentation applies only to the "current" round which seems like it would apply only to when the tattoo is tapped.

Yeah, you're right. Doesn't work by RAW.

Ah well, then it's just dirt cheap pounce.