PDA

View Full Version : Clopin (from hunchback of notre dam) [3.5]

kulosle
2011-11-14, 02:37 AM
so this idea was inspired by this (http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr.com/tumblr_ln9th5b6lZ1qi6pg4o1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId =AKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q&Expires=1321342385&Signature=ny7TNkQta37ZccMvgbCYIfKHiUo%3D) and now i'm wondering how you would make him in dnd. he's clearly a bard, but is that it? what are the specific ways to make him seem more clopin like, weapon choice, spell choice, PrC? i thought maybe beguiler then prestigious bard.

Calanon
2011-11-14, 03:37 AM
so this idea was inspired by this (http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr.com/tumblr_ln9th5b6lZ1qi6pg4o1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId =AKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q&Expires=1321342385&Signature=ny7TNkQta37ZccMvgbCYIfKHiUo%3D) and now i'm wondering how you would make him in dnd. he's clearly a bard, but is that it? what are the specific ways to make him seem more clopin like, weapon choice, spell choice, PrC? i thought maybe beguiler then prestigious bard.

Cleric of a LG god, with some evil tendencies and high social skills if i remember the character correctly but the last time i saw this movie was ironically in catholic school grade 1

EDIT:oops wrong character :smalltongue:

urbanwolf
2011-11-14, 03:44 AM
this (http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr.com/tumblr_ln9th5b6lZ1qi6pg4o1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId =AKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q&Expires=1321342385&Signature=ny7TNkQta37ZccMvgbCYIfKHiUo%3D)

okay that is just great really makes my day

if you don't want bard
he could be a beguiler for the illusions and disguise spells
or a bard/beguiler
either way you need to be able to change cloths quickly and talk to yourself

kulosle
2011-11-14, 05:17 AM
i'm glad you liked it as much as i did

and i'm totally for the beguiler prestigious bard build. but that's not a full build. i'm interested in feats, five other levels, and spells i should be looking at. then what would his fighting style be like. i know he would totally abuse the "talking is a free action rule" random singing monologues in the middle of a fight.

this character is going to be a NPC in an upcoming campaign. what i need to know is how to make sure that the party knows he's clopin without quoting the movie.

note: i'm intending for this character to be on his own side. some times that will be helpful to the party, sometimes not. he may or may not end up fighting them, depending on what they do.

Kol Korran
2011-11-14, 01:23 PM
one of my favorite disney characters, and he'd make a KICK ASS Dm! (just the beginning sequence!)

anyway, some thoughts:
- not all builds need to go up to 20. he could do well in a lower level even. (15?) but if you insist, a virtuoso might do? (if my memory serves well)

- fighting style: he doesn't fight- he either manipulates, inspire other and lead them (like the last battle, or the court of miracles- "we have a method for spies and intruders- rather like hornets protecting their hive!"), tricks and fools them and the like. make him a trickster, not a fighter, always with an escape plan, concealed spell and quirky magic items

- speaking of magic items: the first is a slightly altered hat of disguise (though it may be a couple of earings of disguise?) only the clothes are not illusion, but rather real, but temporary. other than that i suggest items that improves his social and performance skills (circlet of persuasion refluffed as joker's costume? perhaps stronger than +3) and plenty of items to give him mobility (anklet of translocation and the like). other than that- he should have a high UMD and lots of knicks and knacks of quirky but very usefull magical items (perhaps stored in magical recesses of his costume, like clothing embedded handy haversack.

not much, but i hope it helps.

kulosle
2011-11-14, 03:05 PM
very useful indeed. i feel like i just have to spend a long time hunting down all the usually useless but fun magical items for him. should end up being something amazing though. oh is there a way to do the trick he did during the feast of fools. he threw some powder on the ground and switch places with esmerelda.

oh does evangelist make sense for him. able to convince anyone to do anything. on even better the agony mage, i'll allow that silly book just for this.

hex0
2011-11-14, 04:04 PM
Jester from Dragon Compendium is the correct answer.

TroubleBrewing
2011-11-14, 04:21 PM
Jester from Dragon Compendium is the correct wrong answer.

Fixed that for you. :smalltongue:

kulosle
2011-11-14, 04:51 PM
i've managed to find almost every book online but the dragon compendium seems to escape my grasp. i don't have the book. can some one give me a run down on the class, or even better a link?

hex0
2011-11-14, 06:49 PM
i've managed to find almost every book online but the dragon compendium seems to escape my grasp. i don't have the book. can some one give me a run down on the class, or even better a link?

It is basically a Bard that gets a few bonus throwing related feats, dodge bonus to AC, similiar spellcasting...Instead of singing you ridicule your opponents (even mindless later on) and lighten your allies spirits.

kulosle
2011-11-15, 04:35 AM
well then it simply will not due. clopin sings. flat out. i was thinking haunting melody. oh what alignment do you think this guy is? chaotic to be sure, but it's intentionally vague as to who side this guy is on, both in movie and out. did any one read the book, what was he like in there?