PDA

View Full Version : feedback on feat granting magical items

share and enjoy
2011-11-14, 09:42 AM
My idea is for a magic item which can grant feats with the idea being versatility so like a head band with x number of slots that can have different feats bound to them maybe as a generic enchantment that gives no bonuses until you tie feats to it that can be put on weapons to grant combat feats and armour to grant combat feats relating to defence,
what sort of enchantment level would you think that should come to I'm thinking one slot per enchantment level (2 slots on a sword with the +2 enchantment etc.)
and what sort of price should the feat 'tokens' cost would probably have to assess each feat individually or decide on say 3 price categories so something like toughness would be cheap, something like spring attack would be expensive and something like power attack would sit in the middle.

feedback would be good I've never really done any home-brewing and I have no idea just how appropriate this would be.

Glimbur
2011-11-14, 03:11 PM
Read Magic of Incarnum. It is a system wherein you gain abilities, and you can gain stronger abilities but you can't use magic items in certain areas, depending on the ability. This (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153196) is a decent primer.