PDA

View Full Version : Difference between Pathfinder Campaign Setting and ISWG?

RndmNumGen
2011-11-14, 11:08 AM
Does anybody know what the difference between these two books is? My friend has a copy of the Pathfinder Campaign Setting book, which is one of the few D&D books I've read front-to-back. It's quite good, and goes in-depth on detail of the races, nationalities, countries, and religion of the Inner Sea.

The other day I saw the Inner Sea World Guide in my local gaming store. Looking at it, it seemed to cover the exact same content - races, nationalities, countries, religion, etc. I didn't look through the whole thing, but I wasn't able to find any difference between the two. Is there one, or is the only difference the name?

Jeraa
2011-11-14, 12:36 PM
If you mean this campaign setting book (http://paizo.com/store/byCompany/p/paizoPublishingLLC/pathfinder/campaignSetting/35E/v5748btpy84eo), then its for 3.5 D&D. The Inner Sea World Guide is an update to that book, and was designed for Pathfinder.

The Golarian setting pre-dates the Pathfinder RPG, and was originally written for 3.5 D&D.

RndmNumGen
2011-11-14, 10:55 PM
Ah, I see. That would be it, then. The book is mostly lore though, and what stats there are... aren't hard to update. Thanks!