PDA

View Full Version : Skyrim: Conjured Weapon Stats

late for dinner
2011-11-14, 12:19 PM
Does anyone know the Stats on the Conjured Bow/Sword? I use them but I keep wondering if there are better bows out there, but I cant compare anything to my conjured stuff because I dont know how the stats work on those...is it directly related to your conjuration/Archery Skill??

Person_Man
2011-11-14, 02:40 PM
I'm not sure about this, but I think the damage is based on your Conjuration Skill level.

The main advantages seems to be:

Using a bound weapon progresses and benefits from both Conjuration and the weapon Skill (One Handed, Two Handed, or Archery) at the same time.
Somewhat negates the need for Smithing Skill (or at least frees up some raw materials - you still theoretically want Smithing it to improve armor, and the weapons and armor of your Companion).
Frees up a small amount of space in your carrying capacity.
Thanks to Perks, it can be the most efficient method of using Soul Trap and eventually the best way to fight Summoned creatures.
Unlimited arrows for bound bow.

The main disadvantages seem to be:

Can't benefit from the Enchantment Skill. In particular, Absorb Magica, Absorb Health, Absorb Stamina enchantments, and the Enchanter, Corpus Enchanter, and Extra Effect Perks can all be hugely potent. (Although most of these are mid-late game advantages).
Requires a small amount of mana to activate.
Hassle of activating it just before every combat, or having it disappear in the middle of a long combat.

This is my best guess based on around 20 hours of play and some internet searches. I'd be interested to see if someone has had different experiences.

late for dinner
2011-11-14, 03:05 PM
you pretty much nailed it on the head...I love my bow...I find that, in a fight, I dont take it out until I have summoned my ice or fire elemental first. That way my enemies will (most of the time) focus on them. then I just pick them off...My Conj skill is like 64 now and my archery is almost 70. (Ive pretty much only used Archery and Conj for my first 19 levels. I have started working on one handed too...cause decapitation is funny to me : ) If a fight lasts longer than 2 minutes, though, (length of bow) it has lasted too long.

psilontech
2011-11-14, 03:28 PM
Same thing is happening in every other forum I frequent: Lots and lots of skyrim threads.

Try pointing your question Here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=202414), please.