PDA

View Full Version : Fochlucan Lyrist in Golarion

glosz
2011-11-14, 06:01 PM
I am trying to play a Green Whisperer / Fochlucan Lyrist in a campaign set in Golarion but my DM is making it very difficult for me.

Reason being that there is no suitable organization for Fochlucan Lyrists to be part of. I suggested the Green Faith as the perfect group to belong to but according to my DM only straight Druids could be part of the Green Faith.

So my question is this, do you think that the PrC of Fochlucan Lyrists could fit into the Green Faith or is there another suitable existing organisation that they could be a part of?

Urpriest
2011-11-14, 08:40 PM
I don't think the Green Faith can tell that you've multiclassed.

Anarchy_Kanya
2011-11-14, 08:43 PM
Why should the FL require an organization? :smallconfused:

Coidzor
2011-11-14, 09:04 PM
Why should the FL require an organization? :smallconfused:

It doesn't have one as a requirement listed, despite its association with said bardic college. And what it does and what's required to get into it all have a certain degree of capability of just being natural products of being self-taught.

glosz
2011-11-14, 09:23 PM
I guess it's from the description from the FL that my DM is requiring a college or organisation to belong to. It says only the best and brightest are invited to become FL and it mentions about joining the 'Fochlucan College'. I guess they didn't match the description to the requirements very well then.

Coidzor
2011-11-14, 09:25 PM
I guess it's from the description from the FL that my DM is requiring a college or organisation to belong to. It says only the best and brightest are invited to become FL and it mentions about joining the 'Fochlucan College'. I guess they didn't match the description to the requirements very well then.

Yes, that's the basic fluff for playing in that one setting. If you're not only changing the setting but also the system, you're a bit freer to adjudicate things.

So it mostly just makes your DM look like he wants to have his cake and eat it too about saying no to the class.

Which is kind of silly, because a straight druid, even with PF nerfs still outclasses a Fochlucan Lyrist(which isn't helped by the bard being more nerfed), especially with 3.5 material being on the table.

glosz
2011-11-14, 09:34 PM
Yes, that's the basic fluff for playing in that one setting. If you're not only changing the setting but also the system, you're a bit freer to adjudicate things.

So it mostly just makes your DM look like he wants to have his cake and eat it too about saying no to the class.

Which is kind of silly, because a straight druid, even with PF nerfs still outclasses a Fochlucan Lyrist(which isn't helped by the bard being more nerfed), especially with 3.5 material being on the table.

Good Point. I'll bring that to his attention. I guess if he is adamant on saying no then straight Druid it'll be. That'll teach him a lesson :)