PDA

View Full Version : Building a Mob Boss [PF]

jaybird
2011-11-14, 08:36 PM
Hey guys, so I'm getting into an Evil campaign set into a fantasy version of 1920s New York, and I'm planning on playing the youngest and only surviving son of a crime family in the old country, who, along with his last few die-hards, has come overseas to rebuild the family, return home, and take revenge. We're starting at level 8, with modified Leadership as a bonus feat for everyone (basically, you can't actually have your army or cohort on the tac map, but otherwise they are fully functional).

I'd like to play a Cha-based character with a Consigliere-style Rogue (Spy or Charlatan archetype, possibly prestiging to Master Spy) as his cohort, and the idea would be that he's a headstrong sort (being the youngest son) with enough moxie to get him into and out of trouble, while his Consigliere (raised from birth along with him and groomed for his job of advisor) is more grounded and methodical. In D&D terms, my character - high CHA, his cohort - high INT and WIS.

I have two class concepts I'm considering right now - a Summoner or a Sorcadin gish using Anti-Paladin (he's going to be Lawful Evil). Thoughts about which one might suit this character better?

Blyte
2011-11-14, 10:22 PM
I like summoner myself, your eidolon could be your butler/valet.

Either option will net you a decent leadership score.

jaybird
2011-11-24, 11:04 AM
Okay, so it looks like this will be it: a Summoner Mob Boss and his Rogue Consigliere.

Human Summoner 8:
STR 7
DEX 14
CON 14
INT 14
WIS 8
CHA 20

1. Improved Initiative, Spell Focus Conjuration
3. Augment Summoning
5. ???
7. ???

Half-Elf Rogue 6 (Cohort, Charlatan archetype):
STR 7
DEX 14
CON 7
INT 14
WIS 16
CHA 18

Feats: ???
Talents: ???

Thoughts about feats and magic items for the two guys? I have 33000 GP to spend in total between the Summoner, Rogue, Eidolon, and all the Leadership followers, so I'm going to be quite strapped for cash initially. Possibly pick up Craft Wonderous Item on the Summoner?