PDA

View Full Version : Group 2: Forth They Came on Silver Wings (IC)

Sir_Chivalry
2011-11-15, 01:10 AM
It had been decided long ago. While others fought endless hordes of demons, the tide needed to be stemmed elsewhere.

Fireballs streaked the skies of Kisara, signs of the advancing legion. They marched to tear open a gate to another world, this one a shell of itself, far too destroyed to serve any purpose now. The angels would soon rain holy fire upon this place, and before them fled the baatezu, the stench already fouling the air.

Five blood-forged companions, tried and tested, stood atop a crag, looking down into the valley below. Soon, the devils would pass by their location, and they would avenge Kisara and prevent the arrival of this legion to a fight on another world. Perhaps it would prevent the demons from organizing against a common enemy, allowing the defenders of that world to fight back against a cannablistic horde.

A small pocket watch hung from a nearby rock outcropping, and noted that there were ten minutes until the legion would pass if they maintained speed. The watch seemed to urge them with its sad ticking to avenge the world it had come from, one of wonders and steam sadly unprepared for the assault.

Kittenwolf
2011-11-15, 01:25 AM
Comar looked down at the advancing legions, eyes burning.
Not turning from the horde, he addresses his companions "Do we destroy them all" Comar pauses for a moment before using his shapeshifting to transform into a thirteen foot tall male human with dark skin and hair, and red eyes.
The spitting image of Asmodeus, lord of the Nine Hells. "or do we make them fight each other first?"

Silver Night
2011-11-15, 03:17 AM
"Let them consume themselves, so we need only clean up the scraps and save our strength."

Chilingsworth
2011-11-15, 11:06 AM
Well thought, Comar. *Derrick takes the form of a pitfiend, then orders all nine of his weapons to increase in size appropriately.* Let us make ready for our brethren, Dread Lord!

(Telepathic transmission to all allies) Remember, we might be being watched. Devils are tricky and forefthoughtful that way. I'm sure we're each capable of resisting most scrying attempts, but they might have something we aren't prepared for. Also, I suggest we consider taking that watch with us. For it to have survived this devistation, it likely has something special about it.

In fact... *casts Analyze Dweomer* Little watch, what do you do? How are you still here? *Examines the Watch*

Sir_Chivalry
2011-11-15, 12:08 PM
Well thought, Comar. *Derrick takes the form of a pitfiend, then orders all nine of his weapons to increase in size appropriately.* Let us make ready for our brethren, Dread Lord!

(Telepathic transmission to all allies) Remember, we might be being watched. Devils are tricky and forefthoughtful that way. I'm sure we're each capable of resisting most scrying attempts, but they might have something we aren't prepared for. Also, I suggest we consider taking that watch with us. For it to have survived this devistation, it likely has something special about it.

In fact... *casts Analyze Dweomer* Little watch, what do you do? How are you still here? *Examines the Watch*

The watch registers as mildly abjuration and conjuration.

You feel a strong 'tug' in your chest, like your heart is being manipulated. You realize the watch is intelligent and trying to speak to you.

Chilingsworth
2011-11-15, 01:07 PM
Slightly startled, but more intrigued, Derrick picks the watch up and tries contacting the watch telepathically.

You're self-aware, little watch? Can you sense these thoughts I'm sending you? Can you speak? Are you damaged?

Aloud: I think we have a survivor from this world, guys. This watch seems to be saipient.

Kittenwolf
2011-11-15, 06:40 PM
Comar turns towards Derrick and the watch. "I guess this is no more unusual than any other sentient construct, any luck communicating with it?"
Comar's face also takes on a momentary look of concentration and all his Soulmelds immediately disappear.

Sir_Chivalry
2011-11-15, 07:50 PM
Slightly startled, but more intrigued, Derrick picks the watch up and tries contacting the watch telepathically.

You're self-aware, little watch? Can you sense these thoughts I'm sending you? Can you speak? Are you damaged?

Aloud: I think we have a survivor from this world, guys. This watch seems to be saipient.

The watch causes a shiver to run up your spine. Off in the distance, you hear a cacophony of unearthly roars.

Chilingsworth
2011-11-15, 08:12 PM
Derrick shakes his head at Comar. No Luck, yet. I was trying to contact it telepathically. Well, maybe not entirely no luck. I did get a sense of fear from it. I do hope it realises this isn't my true form, since it was here when I changed. In anycase, I doubt there's time left for further investigation. Do you hear those roars?

He then addressed the watch, hoping it will understand him:
Well, liitle watch, I'm sorry I look so scary. My friends and I are trying to fight the beings that want to treat all worlds like this one has been treated. It seems we're about to be put into danger. Ill put somewhere safe, where I keep my books and other things I consider important. I hope you'll be comfortable there. I'll try talking with you more when it's safe for me to.

*he then repeats himself in every non-Common language he knows [Aquan, Auran,Celestial, Chondathan, Draconic, Elven, Ignan, and Terran] and also repeats himself telepathically to the watch.*

*Derrick places the watch in his portable hole with his significant collection of books and writing materials.*

Kittenwolf
2011-11-15, 08:33 PM
"I can try taking on its form and communicating with it that way, but I think that's something for when we have more time, time to setup some defenses."

Comar then flips between a number of different forms, summoning new creatures as he does so.

I'm going to flit between all the different Abominations (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/monsters/abomination.htm) I'm capable of turning into, and use their various Summon Creature abilities. This will net me:

Four Iron Golems (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/golem.htm#ironGolem)
Three Elder Air Elementals (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/elemental.htm#airElemental)
Five Nightwalkers (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/nightshade.htm#nightwalker)
Four Pit Fiends (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/devil.htm#pitFiend)

Each of these creatures will obey me without question and exist for one hour (or until killed), and are being summoned into the choke point to form a nice little first line of defense.

"Right. I'm going to attempt to convince the Devils to turn and face the Angels that we know are coming."

I'm also going to use my Major Creation SLA to create a set of silk robes similar to what Asmodeus wears (since my shapechange doesn't change clothing types), no use having a great disguise fooled by dodgy clothing :)

Disguise Check: [roll0]

Woo! Nat 20 :D

*Edit*

"Does anyone else wish to come with me, or have any suggestions before I head out there?"

Chilingsworth
2011-11-15, 08:47 PM
Should I perform the usual prebattle enhancement sequence, so we'll have it up if our deception fails, or should I hold off?

Also: Let's see how well Derrick impersonates a Pitfiend (his equipment shouldn't be a problem, he just looks like an extremely well-equipped bodyguard, which Asmodeus should have pleanty of, if anything not having equippment might be a tipoff, I'd guess.)

[roll0]

And I'll come with you. I can pose as your bodyguard like this. In fact, maybe I can pose as your other pitfiends' sergant? *Derrick flashes a toothy grin*

Kittenwolf
2011-11-15, 08:52 PM
"Hold off that for now, we'll have a few minutes before the main force gets to us even if this goes badly. Ready to go?"

Chilingsworth
2011-11-15, 08:53 PM
As ready as I'll ever be. Lead on, 'Dread Lord.'

Sir_Chivalry
2011-11-15, 09:00 PM
As you make your way down the narrow pass, the army approachs. You manage to remain composed and upright.

A pit fiend steps forward and sweeps his hand out infront of himself, speaking in flawless Infernal

"My lord, we have driven the tanar before us, and now we must move quickly so as to escape the Aaqa and their starry wrath."

Kittenwolf
2011-11-15, 09:01 PM
"Comar" sends a cold look at "Derrick" and snaps "Speak to me in that manner again and I'll demote you before you can blink, unless you'd prefer to spend the next millenia as an Ice Devil"

I'll then:
1) Activate Chupoclops' Aura of Despair and pump 8 essentia into it (-4 penalty to attack rolls, checks, saves, and weapon damage rolls to everyone (allies included) within 90ft (mind affecting))
2) Activate Asmodeu's Aura of Submission ("At the end of each of Asmodeus’s turns, creatures within 20 feet of him must succeed on DC 40 Will saves or submit to all of Asmodeus’s commands for 1 day, doing whatever he asks as if every request of his was a suggestion spell against which the target cannot resist. This is a mind-affecting ability. A creature that successfully saves cannot be affected by Asmodeus’s aura ever again")
3) Activate Amun-her's Scion of War Aura. All allies get +28 morale bonus on all bull rush, disarm, grapple, overrun, sunder, and trip checks
4) Summon the four Pit Fiends to my side
5) Use my Teleport At Will to teleport all of us around 100ft ahead of whatever seems to pass for the "Leadership group" of these fiends. If there isn't an obvious leadership group, then the biggest concentration of powerful Devils will do.

Kittenwolf
2011-11-15, 09:05 PM
Comar stares at this Pit Fiend with a withering expression. "Wrong. You will turn the armies around, dig in and make ready to face the Aaqa. You will destroy them when they come and ensure they do not further interfere with my plans"

Diplomacy: [roll0]
Bluff: [roll1]
Intimidate: [roll2]
(No idea which of these you'll want, but I assume one is warranted)

*Edit*
Wow, horrible horrible rolls there. Guess it balances the nat 20 on Disguise.

Chilingsworth
2011-11-15, 09:39 PM
Derrick Does his best to look unfrightened by anything except Asmodeus and ready to set apon these "lowly" Pitfiends if they displease his lord.

Bluff check to act in character:
[roll0]

Sir_Chivalry
2011-11-15, 09:42 PM
Comar stares at this Pit Fiend with a withering expression. "Wrong. You will turn the armies around, dig in and make ready to face the Aaqa. You will destroy them when they come and ensure they do not further interfere with my plans"

Diplomacy: [roll0]
Bluff: [roll1]
Intimidate: [roll2]
(No idea which of these you'll want, but I assume one is warranted)

*Edit*
Wow, horrible horrible rolls there. Guess it balances the nat 20 on Disguise.

A snort. A snort is all that escapes his face. No bow, no cringe. A small red crystal around his neck sparkles in the firelight of the skies.

He slowly speaks in Common, "No, I don't think we will, Aaqa."

He then barks in Infernal "Squadron! Slay the Aaqa!"

Kittenwolf
2011-11-15, 10:26 PM
Comar laughs in the face of the Pit Fiend "You should have fought the Aaqa, they would have been more merciful"

I'll then cut loose a Quickened Hellfire SLA (intended to hit the big pit fiend and whoever else enemy wise is closest)
Damage: 5d8 [roll0]
Area: 10ft Radius Spread
Type: Hellfire (ie, unresistable)
Save: No
SR: No

I'll then Shapeshift (Free action) into a Mature Adult Force Dragon (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/monsters/dragonEpic.htm#forceDragon) (Becoming Colossal size) and use its breath weapon

Damage: 35d12 [roll1]
Type: Force
Save: Reflex DC 55
Area: 70ft Cone

This triggers my Frightful Presence:
Type: Fear effect (Shaken)
Duration: 4d6 rounds [roll2]
Save: Will DC55

(Directed at my bodyguards)"Attack their leader!"

Note that these are still active:
1) Chupoclops' Aura of Despair and pump 8 essentia into it (-4 penalty to attack rolls, checks, saves, and weapon damage rolls to everyone (allies included) within 90ft (mind affecting))
2) Amun-her's Scion of War Aura. All allies get +40 morale bonus on all bull rush, disarm, grapple, overrun, sunder, and trip checks

Chilingsworth
2011-11-15, 10:35 PM
White Raven Tactics on Comar

Telepathic transmission to Comar
Why don't you blast them some more, then I'll teleport us to our allies and begin the preparation suite?

*use my standard action ready the action to teleport myself (casting on the defensive) and Comar back to the others after he's finished the turn I just gave him.*

Sir_Chivalry
2011-11-15, 10:43 PM
Comar laughs in the face of the Pit Fiend "You should have fought the Aaqa, they would have been more merciful"

I'll then cut loose a Quickened Hellfire SLA (intended to hit the big pit fiend and whoever else enemy wise is closest)
Damage: 5d8 [roll0]
Area: 10ft Radius Spread
Type: Hellfire (ie, unresistable)
Save: No
SR: No

I'll then Shapeshift (Free action) into a Mature Adult Force Dragon (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/monsters/dragonEpic.htm#forceDragon) (Becoming Colossal size) and use its breath weapon

Damage: 35d12 [roll1]
Type: Force
Save: Reflex DC 55
Area: 70ft Cone

This triggers my Frightful Presence:
Type: Fear effect (Shaken)
Duration: 4d6 rounds [roll2]
Save: Will DC55

(Directed at my bodyguards)"Attack their leader!"

Note that these are still active:
1) Chupoclops' Aura of Despair and pump 8 essentia into it (-4 penalty to attack rolls, checks, saves, and weapon damage rolls to everyone (allies included) within 90ft (mind affecting))
2) Amun-her's Scion of War Aura. All allies get +40 morale bonus on all bull rush, disarm, grapple, overrun, sunder, and trip checks

As the pitch-black flames roil outwards, the leader is too fast, and teleports away smiling. Some of the bearded devil infantry surrounding (they are doing nothing of note this battle) fall back screaming in agony.

The cone of force explodes out across the legions, the infantry bursting as it hits. The cornugon and pit fiends in the line merely fall to the ground for a moment, but their wounds are closing fast.

You take out three quarters of the cornugon and three pit fiends.

Everyone still standing shuffles back slightly.

Kittenwolf
2011-11-15, 11:08 PM
Dragon!Comar throws back his head and roars, the sound reverberating for miles. At the same time his ephemeral, glowing blue shapes stretch out of his body, altering his shape.
His formerly glass-like Draconic appearance turns a sickly, deathly yellow. Two extra pairs of arms appear below his normal ones which then split at the elbow into additional pairs, forming five separate sets of arms. Blinding white light explodes out of every joint and opening, his eyes and mouth becoming nothing but pits into endless light, his jaw grows even more massive and a pair of huge tusks grown downwards from it even as his face forms a rictus grin. An endless, whispering wind swirls around him, occasionally streaking with deep red blood and formless shapes that suggest tentacles appear and dissapear from his form.

His mouth opens and a deep, echoing voice that sounds like a thousand voices calling out almost in sync.
LISTEN WELL DEVILS. TURN AND FACE THE AAQA OR CONTINUE AND FACE US. THE CHOICE IS YOURS

He'll then accept Derrick's teleport and head back to the group.

Full round action to unsupress all my Soulmeld, Soul Pact and Chakra Pact signs :)

Chilingsworth
2011-11-15, 11:15 PM
Derrick teleports himself and Comar back to the others.

Well guys, time to prepare for combat. The ward I have up should tell me if they're following us via teleportation, and delay them if they are. Otherwise ready for magical enhancement?

Alternate Reality Events!

Sir_Chivalry
2011-11-15, 11:20 PM
Before Derrick's spell can be cast, one of the pit fiends (init 31) steps forth and twists his hand. Comar shakes off the effects, but Derrick goes rigid, unable to move.

An explosion of fire is the next thing that happens.

Nat 1 on save for Mass Hold Monster. I know. :smalleek:

[roll0] fire damage from quickened fireball, Derrick takes full, Comar half, factor any immunities or resistance

Chilingsworth
2011-11-15, 11:28 PM
Derrick Laughs at the pitfiend that tried to hold him and teleports himself and Comar (casting defensively) back to the others.
Once back with the others:
Well guys, time to prepare for combat. The ward I have up should tell me if they're following us via teleportation, and delay them if they are. Otherwise ready for magical enhancement?

(Yay Mindblank, this didn't happen!)
As he is currently in the form of a Pitfiend (and therefore immune to fire), the fireball does nothing to Derrick. The hold monster effect, however completely crimps his style.

Telepathic transmission to Comar:
Well, that's the last time I assume the ability to freely move while enacting one of my performances is an adequate subsitute for casting the spell on myself. Can you carry me back to the others?

Kittenwolf
2011-11-15, 11:53 PM
Derrick teleports himself and Comar back to the others.

Alternate Reality Events!

*Plays Time Warp Card. Original timeline resumes*

"As long as it will last some minutes, kick in your preparations. I'll start deploying some defenses"

Comar moves to the edge of the choke point and waves his hands, somehow weaving together strands of the light spilling from his body to form a Blade Barrier a few feet back from the entrance.

Every 5 rounds I can use Orthos' Essentia Pact (http://forum.faxcelestis.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=22#p122) to create a 65% real Evocation or Conjuration spell.
I'll be putting up a Freezing Fog spell and then laying as many Prismatic Walls in the fog. The plan is that the Devils will have to move into the fog to get through the choke point, and in the fog they'll run into half a dozen or more Barriers set right next to each other.
They'll be DC38 as I'm laying them in Force Dragon form (Cha 50)

Then after they get through the fog and walls, they find my earlier summoned creatures. Then after that they meet the party :)

Chilingsworth
2011-11-16, 12:07 AM
Feeling quite odd, as if he came perriously close to disaster somehow, Derrick nevertheless gives his best war speach:

Alright Guys! We're going to give these diabolical scumbags what for! We're going to give this world some small part of the avenging it's due!

We've faced worse hoardes than this! Those devils wont know what hit them! They'll be begging the Aaqa to save them when we're through!

Let's engage them and finish them off!
Edit:
round one: cast sonorous hum
round two: cast summon elemental monolith (using an extend metamagic rod to extend the spell to 6 min durration) to summon an air monolith

round three: Haste (extended via metamagic rod) durration 6 min.
(Duration of all listed bardic music effects is 5 min after I stop actively using the effect)

round four: Inspire Greatness and Inspire Heroics (both with words of creation) on the Elemental Monolith and Alexandros

round five: Inspire Courage (with inspirational boost and words of creation) +12 total AND Inspire Heroics (with Words of creation) +9 morale to saves and dodge to AC [Targets Deathblade and Grit]

Round six: Inspire Greatness (with words of creation) +5d10 HD +5 competence to attacks +3 competence to saves AND Inspire Heroics (with words of creation) +9 morale to saves and dodge to AC [Targets Comar and Derrick]

Inspire Greatness HD
[roll0]
+ 5xyour con mod

non-lethal damage taken by Derrick from words of creation (with allowance for the one round of rengeneration I've had.)
[roll1]

Even at max, the extra 30d4 nonlethal damage will be fixed by Comar's healing ability and Derrick's pitfiend form regeneration.

Chilingsworth
2011-11-16, 12:11 AM
Ok, those rolls:

Temp Hp from Inspire Greatness:
[roll0]
+ 5 x your con mod

non-lethal damage from words of creation:
[roll1]

Telepathic transmission to Grit:

Shall I add to the defenses? I could summon an air monolith to watch our airspace, though it would only stick around for six minutes or so even if I extended it.

Kittenwolf
2011-11-16, 12:17 AM
After Derrick has done buffing I'll use Amun-Her's granted ability to restore 250hp to him

Chilingsworth
2011-11-16, 12:28 AM
Telepathic Transmission:
Thanks as always, channeling celestial energies is tiring. I wonder if it will become more so as this conflict drags on? In anycase, shall I add to the defenses In addition to the monolith, I could add some black tentacles.

Kittenwolf
2011-11-16, 12:39 AM
"I guess that depends on if the energies come from the celestials themselves, or from their realm. As to defenses, Black Tentacles in the fog to hold creatures in the prismatic walls would work perfectly. That plus summoned creatures should hold the ground, and we can concentrate on the air"

Silver Night
2011-11-16, 12:50 AM
Grit replies the same way, A monolith to watch the air would be a good idea, but it may be better to wait until they are slightly closer. I'll be adding a couple of creatures to the defenses below, myself.

Grit will use his SLA to add a couple of Gargantuan fiendish monstrous scorpions to the mix of summoned creatures.

We should coordinate our summons better: Pit Fiends riding gargantuan scorpions!

Cogidubnus
2011-11-16, 06:55 AM
The enormous Frost Giant swings his bow off his shoulder, and takes up a station on the cliff, overlooking the choke point.

"These devils will rue the day they came within reach of my bow.
Well, except for the fact that I can reach across the planet with my bow, so they could hardly help it."

Stepping into the Vengeance Stance, drawing my bow. I've got all my daily buffs up (frost weapon etc.). Entering my Whirling Frenzy. Readying an action to use my Storm of Arrows manoeuvre as soon as either the commander and two Pit Fiends or four Pit Fiends are within Line of Sight (+80 on Spot, no range penalties). If they're already within LoS, can we backtrack my actions to when they first were/when our allies teleported back if they were already, because a PbP going this fast is a teensy bit tricky to keep up with?

Initiative [roll0]

Attack and Damage rolls (there are 26), targeting flat-footed AC. Using the Keen, Magebane and Holy enhancements on my arrows. All attacks ignore all DR, regeneration, hardness etc. Finally, every time I miss, all subsequent attack rolls this round gain a +4 bonus to hit and I gain 1 use of Achaean Kleos. When I've rolled attacks and damage, I may opt to sacrifice some hp to increase my damage. If I kill a target, I'll move on to the next one, until I've run out of viable targets and/or shots.

[roll1] for [roll2] + [roll3] cold + [roll4] bane + [roll5] holy + [roll6] electric + [roll7].

[roll8] for [roll9] + [roll10] cold + [roll11] bane + [roll12] holy + [roll13] electric + [roll14].

[roll15] for [roll16] + [roll17] cold + [roll18] bane + [roll19] holy + [roll20] electric + [roll21].

[roll22] for [roll23] + [roll24] cold + [roll25] bane + [roll26] holy + [roll27] electric + [roll28].

[roll29] for [roll30] + [roll31] cold + [roll32] bane + [roll33] holy + [roll34] electric + [roll35].

[roll36] for [roll37] + [roll38] cold + [roll39] bane + [roll40] holy + [roll41] electric + [roll42].

[roll43] for [roll44] + [roll45] cold + [roll46] bane + [roll47] holy + [roll48] electric + [roll49].

[roll50] for [roll51] + [roll52] cold + [roll53] bane + [roll54] holy + [roll55] electric + [roll56].

[roll57] for [roll58] + [roll59] cold + [roll60] bane + [roll61] holy + [roll62] electric + [roll63].

[roll64] for [roll65] + [roll66] cold + [roll67] bane + [roll68] holy + [roll69] electric + [roll70].

[roll71] for [roll72] + [roll73] cold + [roll74] bane + [roll75] holy + [roll76] electric + [roll77].

[roll78] for [roll79] + [roll80] cold + [roll81] bane + [roll82] holy + [roll83] electric + [roll84].

[roll85] for [roll86] + [roll87] cold + [roll88] bane + [roll89] holy + [roll90] electric + [roll91].

[roll92] for [roll93] + [roll94] cold + [roll95] bane + [roll96] holy + [roll97] electric + [roll98].

[roll99] for [roll100] + [roll101] cold + [roll102] bane + [roll103] holy + [roll104] electric + [roll105].

[roll106] for [roll107] + [roll108] cold + [roll109] bane + [roll110] holy + [roll111] electric + [roll112].

[roll113] for [roll114] + [roll115] cold + [roll116] bane + [roll117] holy + [roll118] electric + [roll119].

[roll120] for [roll121] + [roll122] cold + [roll123] bane + [roll124] holy + [roll125] electric + [roll126].

[roll127] for [roll128] + [roll129] cold + [roll130] bane + [roll131] holy + [roll132] electric + [roll133].

[roll134] for [roll135] + [roll136] cold + [roll137] bane + [roll138] holy + [roll139] electric + [roll140].

[roll141] for [roll142] + [roll143] cold + [roll144] bane + [roll145] holy + [roll146] electric + [roll147].

[roll148] for [roll149] + [roll150] cold + [roll151] bane + [roll152] holy + [roll153] electric + [roll154].

[roll155] for [roll156] + [roll157] cold + [roll158] bane + [roll159] holy + [roll160] electric + [roll161].

[roll162] for [roll163] + [roll164] cold + [roll165] bane + [roll166] holy + [roll167] electric + [roll168].

[roll169] for [roll170] + [roll171] cold + [roll172] bane + [roll173] holy + [roll174] electric + [roll175].

[roll176] for [roll177] + [roll178] cold + [roll179] bane + [roll180] holy + [roll181] electric + [roll182].

Finally, my attacks ignore all miss chances and cover apart from total cover.

Chilingsworth
2011-11-16, 07:23 AM
Having completed his party enhancement routine, Derrick casts Black Tentacles into the defensive area (This doesn't break my bardic music thanks to the Melodic Casting feat.)

Sir_Chivalry
2011-11-16, 11:07 AM
Four of the great fiends rise up into the air to spot you, and are struck down by a hail of siege ballista bolts.

Derrick gets a twitch in the back of his brain. He has 18 seconds before the rest of the force will be on top of them.

Chilingsworth
2011-11-16, 12:47 PM
Telepathic Transmission to all allies:
They're coming guys.
*I then telepathically indicate to my allies exactly where each of the foes will be arriving*
*casts greater blink on myself*

Round two:
*casts wounding whispers* on myself, using the sonic might ability of the Lyric Thurmaturge PrC to add 3d6 to the damage it deals, meaning that if I'm struck in melee combat, the attacker takes 4d6+30 points of sonic damage

Round three:
*casts Effulgent Epuration on myself* negates 30 spells or spell-like abilities used on me, regardless of spell level (ONLY deific magic isn't affected). I get to chose wheather or not any particular spell or spell-like ability is negated before it takes affect. (Also, with my +36 spellcraft modifier, I should be able to determine the nature of any spell or spell-like ability as it's being activated just fine.)
*Activate Snowflake Wardance as a free action*
*Draw pair of transmuting lawful outsider bane, evil outsider bane echoblades* (Currently, my weapons are +5 and keen due to technically temporary effects)

Also, as soon as I enter melee combat, by AC will increase by 10 (actually 12, but I already have a +2 bonus that it will be superceeding) and my reflex mod will increase by 12, as will my melee attack rolls, but I already have that calculated for my melee attacks. These effects are from the battledance feat.

Kittenwolf
2011-11-16, 06:27 PM
Dragon!Comar will take to the skies and ready an action to charge the most powerful appearing Devil (hopefully the Commander) as soon as he arrives.

Sir_Chivalry
2011-11-16, 11:11 PM
Dragon!Comar will take to the skies and ready an action to charge the most powerful appearing Devil (hopefully the Commander) as soon as he arrives.

The pit fiends teleport in, and attempt to attack. All miss horribly.

The commander comes tearing out of the sky to charge Comar. The two intercept, and Comar strikes the Pit Fiend midair.

The pit fiend is driven back slightly, but seems unharmed, his wounds already closing.

Chilingsworth
2011-11-16, 11:30 PM
Derrick, still extolling his allies strikes at the nearest devil with his blades:

(If the fiend is within ten feet of me, I get a full attack since I can take two five-foot steps thanks to being in press the advantace stance, other wise ignore all but the first attack, but add +2 to the attack roll (since I wont be fighting with both weapons)

Weapon attacks: (damage formula: 2d6+2d6 [lawful outsider bane] + 2d6 [evil outsider bane] + 72 + 15 sonic, after first successful hit, the weapon overcomes whatever types of DR it encountered on that hit.

(I put confirmation rolls and critical damage rolls insids spoilers within the attack roll spoilers. I intended them to be labled as such, but messed up the editing.)

Main hand:

1st
[roll0]
damage if the attack is a normal hit:
[roll1] + 15 sonic damage
confirmation roll if a crit threat (if the roll is between 17-20):
[roll2]
Damage if a critical threat:
[roll3] + 30 sonic damage

2nd
[roll4]
[roll5] + 15 sonic damage
[roll6]
[roll7] + 30 sonic damage

3rd
[roll8]
[roll9] + 15 sonic damage
[roll10]
[roll11] + 30 sonic damage

4th
[roll12]
[roll13] + 15 sonic damage
[roll14]
[roll15] + 30 sonic damage

5th
[roll16]
[roll17] + 15 sonic damage
[roll18]
[roll19] + 30 sonic damage

Offhand: damage eight less than main hand attacks

1st
[roll20]
[roll21] + 15 sonic damage
[roll22]
[roll23] + 30 sonic damage

2nd
[roll24]
[roll25] + 15 sonic damage
[roll26]
[roll27] + 30 sonic damage

The weapons overcome as epic (+9 to be precise) slashing, evil, lawful, and whatever DR they encounter after their first successful hit (until they hit something with different DR.
(You know what, I'm going to skip my natural attacks)

Also, if I down my first opponent, and there's a second one within my (10 ft) reach, I'll pump any extra attacks into it. Also, remember I have two five-foot steps to work with, if I need only one (or none) to get my first opponent, I can use the extra to get to my second. If I don't have a second opponent within reach, I'll put my extra attacks into the downed opponent incase of regeneration. Lastly, I'll prioritize stronger foes if multiple foes are in reach.

Sir_Chivalry
2011-11-17, 12:01 AM
Derrick, still extolling his allies strikes at the nearest devil with his blades:

(If the fiend is within ten feet of me, I get a full attack since I can take two five-foot steps thanks to being in press the advantace stance, other wise ignore all but the first attack, but add +2 to the attack roll (since I wont be fighting with both weapons)

Weapon attacks: (damage formula: 2d6+2d6 [lawful outsider bane] + 2d6 [evil outsider bane] + 72 + 15 sonic, after first successful hit, the weapon overcomes whatever types of DR it encountered on that hit.

(I put confirmation rolls and critical damage rolls insids spoilers within the attack roll spoilers. I intended them to be labled as such, but messed up the editing.)

Main hand:

1st
[roll0]
[roll1] + 15 sonic damage
[roll2]
[roll3] + 30 sonic damage

2nd
[roll4]
[roll5] + 15 sonic damage
[roll6]
[roll7] + 30 sonic damage

3rd
[roll8]
[roll9] + 15 sonic damage
[roll10]
[roll11] + 30 sonic damage

4th
[roll12]
[roll13] + 15 sonic damage
[roll14]
[roll15] + 30 sonic damage

5th
[roll16]
[roll17] + 15 sonic damage
[roll18]
[roll19] + 30 sonic damage

Offhand: damage eight less than main hand attacks

1st
[roll20]
[roll21] + 15 sonic damage
[roll22]
[roll23] + 30 sonic damage

2nd
[roll24]
[roll25] + 15 sonic damage
[roll26]
[roll27] + 30 sonic damage

The weapons overcome as epic (+9 to be precise) slashing, evil, lawful, and whatever DR they encounter after their first successful hit (until they hit something with different DR.
(You know what, I'm going to skip my natural attacks)

Also, if I down my first opponent, and there's a second one within my (10 ft) reach, I'll pump any extra attacks into it. Also, remember I have two five-foot steps to work with, if I need only one (or none) to get my first opponent, I can use the extra to get to my second. If I don't have a second opponent within reach, I'll put my extra attacks into the downed opponent incase of regeneration. Lastly, I'll prioritize stronger foes if multiple foes are in reach.

Three pitfiends drop unconscious and a fourth is wounded.

Chilingsworth
2011-11-17, 12:04 AM
Meanwhile, Derrick's air monolith strikes at the nearest foes it can reach (20ft reach)

3 slams, 19-20 threat range, overcomes nothing in particular for DR.

1st:

[roll0]
damage
[roll1]

confirmation roll in case of critical threat:

[roll2]
critical damage:
[roll3]

2nd:

[roll4]
damage
[roll5]

[roll6]
critical damage:
[roll7]

3rd:

[roll8]
damage
[roll9]

[roll10]
critical damage:
[roll11]

Kittenwolf
2011-11-17, 12:10 AM
Comar lets forth a roar and charges the Commander pit fiend, pouncing for a full attack.

1) Initiating a Dive attack, so my claw attacks deal double damage (so against a Pit Fiend, +6d6 damage and +6 to weapon enhancement)
2) Attacks are Evil & Lawful Outsider Bane, and Magebane
3) Attacks overcome Epic, Adamantine & Cold Iron DR
4) If the Commander actually *dies* during this I'll start attacking another fiend within reach. If he just drops unconscious due to Regen, I'm going to keep pummeling him into negatives so he won't be regenning this combat :)

Bite:
To hit: [roll0]
Confirm: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]+[roll3]

Hasted Bite:
To hit: [roll4]
Confirm: [roll5]
Damage: [roll6]+[roll7]

Claw1:
To hit: [roll8]
Confirm: [roll9]
Damage: [roll10]

Claw2:
To hit: [roll11]
Confirm: [roll12]
Damage: [roll13]

Claw3:
To hit: [roll14]
Confirm: [roll15]
Damage: [roll16]

Claw4:
To hit: [roll17]
Confirm: [roll18]
Damage: [roll19]

Claw5:
To hit: [roll20]
Confirm: [roll21]
Damage: [roll22]

Claw6:
To hit: [roll23]
Confirm: [roll24]
Damage: [roll25]

Claw7:
To hit: [roll26]
Confirm: [roll27]
Damage: [roll28]

Claw8:
To hit: [roll29]
Confirm: [roll30]
Damage: [roll31]

Claw9:
To hit: [roll32]
Confirm: [roll33]
Damage: [roll34]

Claw10:
To hit: [roll35]
Confirm: [roll36]
Damage: [roll37]

Wing 1:
To hit: [roll38]
Confirm: [roll39]
Damage: [roll40]

Wing 2:
To hit: [roll41]
Confirm: [roll42]
Damage: [roll43]

Tail:
To hit: [roll44]
Confirm: [roll45]
Damage: [roll46]

*Edit*
Umm.. I think my damage output may be kinda higher than I thought...
Oh gods.. I forgot that Andromalius grants me sneak attack.. Sir_Chivalry, do I need to worry about that? An extra something like 5d6+27 per attack (that qualifies) there..
*Edit Again*
Umm.. and all those claws deal double damage since it's a dive attack...

Sir_Chivalry
2011-11-17, 12:10 AM
Meanwhile, Derrick's air monolith strikes at the nearest foes it can reach (20ft reach)

3 slams, 19-20 threat range, overcomes nothing in particular for DR.

1st:

[roll0]
damage
[roll1]

[roll2]
critical damage:
[roll3]

2nd:

[roll4]
damage
[roll5]

[roll6]
critical damage:
[roll7]

3rd:

[roll8]
damage
[roll9]

[roll10]
critical damage:
[roll11]

The fourth drops unconscious.

Sir_Chivalry
2011-11-17, 12:14 AM
Comar lets forth a roar and charges the Commander pit fiend, pouncing for a full attack.

1) Initiating a Dive attack, so my claw attacks deal double damage (so against a Pit Fiend, +6d6 damage and +6 to weapon enhancement)
2) Attacks are Evil & Lawful Outsider Bane, and Magebane
3) Attacks overcome Epic, Adamantine & Cold Iron DR
4) If the Commander actually *dies* during this I'll start attacking another fiend within reach. If he just drops unconscious due to Regen, I'm going to keep pummeling him into negatives so he won't be regenning this combat :)

Bite:
To hit: [roll0]
Confirm: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]+[roll3]

Hasted Bite:
To hit: [roll4]
Confirm: [roll5]
Damage: [roll6]+[roll7]

Claw1:
To hit: [roll8]
Confirm: [roll9]
Damage: [roll10]

Claw2:
To hit: [roll11]
Confirm: [roll12]
Damage: [roll13]

Claw3:
To hit: [roll14]
Confirm: [roll15]
Damage: [roll16]

Claw4:
To hit: [roll17]
Confirm: [roll18]
Damage: [roll19]

Claw5:
To hit: [roll20]
Confirm: [roll21]
Damage: [roll22]

Claw6:
To hit: [roll23]
Confirm: [roll24]
Damage: [roll25]

Claw7:
To hit: [roll26]
Confirm: [roll27]
Damage: [roll28]

Claw8:
To hit: [roll29]
Confirm: [roll30]
Damage: [roll31]

Claw9:
To hit: [roll32]
Confirm: [roll33]
Damage: [roll34]

Claw10:
To hit: [roll35]
Confirm: [roll36]
Damage: [roll37]

Wing 1:
To hit: [roll38]
Confirm: [roll39]
Damage: [roll40]

Wing 2:
To hit: [roll41]
Confirm: [roll42]
Damage: [roll43]

Tail:
To hit: [roll44]
Confirm: [roll45]
Damage: [roll46]

*Edit*
Umm.. I think my damage output may be kinda higher than I thought...
Oh gods.. I forgot that Andromalius grants me sneak attack.. Sir_Chivalry, do I need to worry about that? An extra something like 5d6+27 per attack (that qualifies) there..

The commander and all the pit fiends are now down.

Silver Night
2011-11-17, 03:06 AM
Grit quickly casts a spell, studying the commander of the fiends, then casts another spell.

Assay spell resistance on the commander, and then Twinned Implosion (starting with the commander, the first round)

+10 to the caster check to overcome SR (for a total of 40 CL), DC 44 fort save (twice).

Concentration check to maintain the spell:

[roll0]

Cogidubnus
2011-11-17, 06:49 AM
Noting that the fiends are not dead yet, Alexandros starts to fire arrows into their unconscious hides.

Full attack action, with Splitting Bow, Whirling Frenzy, Haste, Rapid Shot and True Weapon Mastery, 16 arrows.

[roll0]for [roll1] + [roll2] cold + [roll3] bane + [roll4] holy + [roll5] electric + [roll6].

[roll7]for [roll8] + [roll9] cold + [roll10] bane + [roll11] holy + [roll12] electric + [roll13].

[roll14]for [roll15] + [roll16] cold + [roll17] bane + [roll18] holy + [roll19] electric + [roll20].

[roll21]for [roll22] + [roll23] cold + [roll24] bane + [roll25] holy + [roll26] electric + [roll27].

[roll28]for [roll29] + [roll30] cold + [roll31] bane + [roll32] holy + [roll33] electric + [roll34].

[roll35]for [roll36] + [roll37] cold + [roll38] bane + [roll39] holy + [roll40] electric + [roll41].

[roll42]for [roll43] + [roll44] cold + [roll45] bane + [roll46] holy + [roll47] electric + [roll48].

[roll49]for [roll50] + [roll51] cold + [roll52] bane + [roll53] holy + [roll54] electric + [roll55].

[roll56]for [roll57] + [roll58] cold + [roll59] bane + [roll60] holy + [roll61] electric + [roll62].

[roll63]for [roll64] + [roll65] cold + [roll66] bane + [roll67] holy + [roll68] electric + [roll69].

[roll70]for [roll71] + [roll72] cold + [roll73] bane + [roll74] holy + [roll75] electric + [roll76].

[roll77]for [roll78] + [roll79] cold + [roll80] bane + [roll81] holy + [roll82] electric + [roll83].

[roll84]for [roll85] + [roll86] cold + [roll87] bane + [roll88] holy + [roll89] electric + [roll90].

[roll91]for [roll92] + [roll93] cold + [roll94] bane + [roll95] holy + [roll96] electric + [roll97].

[roll98]for [roll99] + [roll100] cold + [roll101] bane + [roll102] holy + [roll103] electric + [roll104].

[roll105]for [roll106] + [roll107] cold + [roll108] bane + [roll109] holy + [roll110] electric + [roll111].

mrcarter11
2011-11-17, 01:39 PM
Keylin walks towards the massacre. His comrades had already murdered many of the foul beasts, and now he would continue the assault. He moves faster than the eye can see, somehow appearing next to the largest group of enemies, his hands still empty. Pulling them back, a spear appears within his hands which he then stabs at the nearest enemy. The tip of the spear bursts into a collection of smaller spear points. The spears move through the nearest target and continue on, killing the next enemy.

Using a word of power to ghost step to the nearest large group.

Then I full attack.

Each spear can negate any DR other than epic, however each spear also counts as epic, so that's of little problem. And each spear counts as Unholy, Wounding, and Brilliant Energy Also anything that ends its turn next to Me takes a d6 of vile damage.

Attack 1 [roll0] Damage [roll1] Nether Damage [roll2] Each 6 gets rolled again, so [roll3] Taking them as needed. Lastly +6 Vile damage and +1 Con damage

Attack 2 [roll4] Damage [roll5] Nether Damage [roll6] Each 6 gets rolled again, so [roll7] Taking them as needed. Lastly +6 Vile damage and +1 Con damage

Attack 3 [roll8] Damage [roll9] Nether Damage [roll10] Each 6 gets rolled again, so [roll11] Taking them as needed. Lastly +6 Vile damage and +1 Con damage

Attack 4 [roll12] Damage [roll13] Nether Damage [roll14] Each 6 gets rolled again, so [roll15] Taking them as needed. Lastly +6 Vile damage and +1 Con damage

Attack 5 [roll16] Damage [roll17] Nether Damage [roll18] Each 6 gets rolled again, so [roll19] Taking them as needed. Lastly +6 Vile damage and +1 Con damage

Attack 6 [roll20] Damage [roll21] Nether Damage [roll22] Each 6 gets rolled again, so [roll23] Taking them as needed. Lastly +6 Vile damage and +1 Con damage

Attack 7 [roll24] Damage [roll25] Nether Damage [roll26] Each 6 gets rolled again, so [roll27] Taking them as needed. Lastly +6 Vile damage and +1 Con damage

Attack 8 [roll28] Damage [roll29] Nether Damage [roll30] Each 6 gets rolled again, so [roll31] Taking them as needed. Lastly +6 Vile damage and +1 Con damage

Attack 9 [roll32] Damage [roll33] Nether Damage [roll34] Each 6 gets rolled again, so [roll35] Taking them as needed. Lastly +6 Vile damage and +1 Con damage

Attack 10 [roll36] Damage [roll37] Nether Damage [roll38] Each 6 gets rolled again, so [roll39] Taking them as needed. Lastly +6 Vile damage and +1 Con damage

Attack 11 [roll40] Damage [roll41] Nether Damage [roll42] Each 6 gets rolled again, so [roll43] Taking them as needed. Lastly +6 Vile damage and +1 Con damage

Kittenwolf
2011-11-17, 09:45 PM
Comar looked over the retreating groups of lesser Devils, and then Grit's Implosion spells steadily working across the Pit Fiends.
"I'm going to double check the Rift. I'll return soon"

Comar will then fly down to near his summoned creatures and Teleport back to the Rift, taking all the Summons (only the hour-long summoned ones) he can reach back with him.
I'll then flit between different forms for all the sensory options I can find, and scan the area around the Rift with Blindsight/Blindsense/Tremorsense/True Seeing/Lifesense/Scent/Arcane Sight/Dweamersight/Smision/Whatever else exists in D&D, to make sure it hasn't been disturbed.

Sir_Chivalry
2011-11-17, 09:46 PM
Comar looked over the retreating groups of lesser Devils, and then Grit's Implosion spells steadily working across the Pit Fiends.
"I'm going to double check the Rift. I'll return soon"

Comar will then fly down to near his summoned creatures and Teleport back to the Rift, taking all the Summons (only the hour-long summoned ones) he can reach back with him.
I'll then flit between different forms for all the sensory options I can find, and scan the area around the Rift with Blindsight/Blindsense/Tremorsense/True Seeing/Lifesense/Scent/Arcane Sight/Dweamersight/Smision/Whatever else exists in D&D, to make sure it hasn't been disturbed.

It is still secure, though it pulses violently, growing more erratic with each passing moment.

Kittenwolf
2011-11-17, 09:51 PM
Comar frowns at the increased instability of the Rift.
"You Pit Fiends, stay here and guard the Rift. If anything approaches Teleport to me"

Comar will then Teleport back to the group (putting the summons back in the choke point). "The Rift is growing increasingly unstable. Derrick, did you have any idea what might happen if it gets any worse?"

Chilingsworth
2011-11-17, 09:58 PM
Right Derrick nods as Comar flies off.

(Telepathic Transmission to all allies in range)
Now what to do about these fiends... While I'm certainly not against killing them, I'd prefer if we could get the Aaqa to do that for us, hopefully losing some of their number in the process. Grit, didn't you once mention being able to mentally control other creatures? How often can you do that, and do you suppose it would work on these buggers?

Chilingsworth
2011-11-17, 10:02 PM
Derrick considers Comar's question:

Knowledge (the Planes)
[roll0]
Knowledge (Arcana)
[roll1]
Knowledge (History)
[roll2]

(not certain if the arcana or history ones will help at all, but I figured they might, so here they are.)

Sir_Chivalry
2011-11-17, 10:06 PM
Derrick considers Comar's question:

Knowledge (the Planes)
[roll0]
Knowledge (Arcana)
[roll1]
Knowledge (History)
[roll2]

(not certain if the arcana or history ones will help at all, but I figured they might, so here they are.)

The portal will collapse in half an hour's time, and then you have another half hour until the razing of the plane will cause it to disintegrate.

Silver Night
2011-11-17, 10:10 PM
After his implosion spell finishes, Grit nods at Derrick's question, "Yes, I'll try."

He stares at the highest ranking remaining pit fiends and starts whispering.

Monstrous Thrall SLA - DC 44 will save

Chilingsworth
2011-11-17, 10:14 PM
Comar frowns at the increased instability of the Rift.
"You Pit Fiends, stay here and guard the Rift. If anything approaches Teleport to me"

Comar will then Teleport back to the group (putting the summons back in the choke point). "The Rift is growing increasingly unstable. Derrick, did you have any idea what might happen if it gets any worse?"

(Telepathic Transmission to all allies)
I don't believe the rift will get "worse" per say. I believe it will colapse in about half an hour. I further believe that a half hour after that, the Aaqa will raze this plane, causing it to disintergrate. If we wish to survive, we should be out of here before then.

(Telepathic Transmission to all allies)
So, should we have Grit attempt to convert any of these fiends into more cannonfodder for us, should we finish them off, or should we leave now? When we are ready to leave, I can greater planeshift us out of here, though our destination will have to be a place I know.

Chilingsworth
2011-11-18, 01:19 AM
Derrick considers where best to plane shift the party:

Knowledge (the Planes):
[roll0]

Chilingsworth
2011-11-18, 11:04 AM
Dropping bardic performance,

Alright guys, let's make ready to get out of here! Comar, would you please revive the pitfiend Grit enthralled? Then I'll be able to take the six of us out of here.

Chilingsworth
2011-11-18, 11:00 PM
Ok, we'll be heading to a high point overlooking the Great Chasm of the world of Osyor. Hopefully, we'll have a sufficent vantage point to get a lay of the land and to see anything coming for us.

Before we go though--

*Derrick dismisses his magnificent mansion and private sanctum spells, so the Aaqa wont find them.*

Also, my performances left me abit fatigued, specifically my wardance technique. Comar, when you revive that pitfiend, would you please get me as well? Right. Everyone ready? Link hands (or claws or psuedopodia or whatever) so I can move us out!

Kittenwolf
2011-11-19, 12:21 AM
Comar's eyes turn cold and his colossal Dragon head moves down until he is eye to eye with Derrick. "You suggest we just leave? You think we should let these Aaqa destroy the plane and leave uncontested??

Silver Night
2011-11-19, 03:55 AM
"There is already little left of this place - it would not even make a good desert. You do not think it better to spend our efforts on planes that still have something to save?"

Chilingsworth
2011-11-19, 12:46 PM
Exactly! Furthermore, no matter what we do here, this plane is about to collapse. If we're still here when that happens, the best we can hope for is to be stranded in the void. At least as likely, though is that we're simply annhilated when that happens. In either case, we'll be unable to further affect this war if we're here when the plane dies.

Kittenwolf
2011-11-19, 08:49 PM
Comar growls lightly "The Aqaa will be here in ten or fifteen minutes. Derrick has said we have nearly an hour before this plane collapses. Tell me, when else are we going to have a concentration of Aqaa this nearby, with this kind of opportunity, again? Or would you prefer we run now and leave them free to head to antoher world and do this all over again?

Comar starts chuckling, an utterly disturbing sound coming from a Dragon "On the other hand, Derrick, do you happen to know a way to make that Rift explode, wiping out the Aqaa in the process?

Chilingsworth
2011-11-19, 09:38 PM
Calming... slightly apon realsing Comar isn't going to eat him right away, Derrick ponders the question, digging out a small silver-bound book with a plaque containing a map of the continents of Toril. He leafs through the pages for several seconds before answering

(Requires one standard action per knowledge check to use his tome of worldly memory, two checks=two standard actions = two rounds.)

(Sorry I didn't roll these in this thread, here's (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12247295&postcount=195) a link to the OOC post where I did roll them :smallredface:)

Silver Night
2011-11-19, 10:22 PM
Not a bad idea, if there is some way to achieve it.

Knowledge: Planes [roll0]

Also, going to use the Legend Lore SLA From having the Time domain via VoP) to see if Grit can find out anything useful about the rift and the closing thereof.

Chilingsworth
2011-11-20, 12:26 AM
Hmm... I believe I know of a way. If we cast a wish spell, and simultaneously were granted a miraculous boon from divine agency, that would destroy the rift. I could in theory cast wish, but I'm not sure I have the lifeforce to spare for the purpose.

Kittenwolf
2011-11-20, 12:34 AM
"Would that just destroy the Rift, or would it detonate it, destroying the Aqaa along with it?"

Chilingsworth
2011-11-20, 12:50 AM
I'm... not sure *continues flipping through his book*

Do you want new checks, or did my old ones give me the answer to that question?

Sir_Chivalry
2011-11-20, 12:51 AM
I'm... not sure *continues flipping through his book*

Do you want new checks, or did my old ones give me the answer to that question?

If the Aaqa were within, it would destroy them too.

Chilingsworth
2011-11-20, 01:00 AM
Ah... here it is! I believe we would kill any Aaqa that are in the rift area. However, this plane will become even more unstable if we do this. We would have to leave immediately afterwards, as it would be subject to colapse at any time, rather than the relatively predictable period I previously outlined.

is that a correct anyalsis?

Sir_Chivalry
2011-11-20, 09:11 AM
Ah... here it is! I believe we would kill any Aaqa that are in the rift area. However, this plane will become even more unstable if we do this. We would have to leave immediately afterwards, as it would be subject to colapse at any time, rather than the relatively predictable period I previously outlined.

is that a correct anyalsis?

Yes, it is. Very much so.

Chilingsworth
2011-11-20, 11:36 AM
As the fatigue from the Snowflake Wardance ends, Derrick takes full stock of himself. Yes, now that I've caught my breath, I do believe I can cast the wish spell we need. Now, do we have a miracle worker?

Silver Night
2011-11-20, 03:10 PM
"I believe I can manage it."

Kittenwolf
2011-11-20, 06:50 PM
"I can manage either one as required. As long as this plan will wipe them off the face of the planes, I'm happy. Also, here
*Comar uses Amon-Her's rejuvination ability. 250hp and Greater Restoration to everybody*

Sir_Chivalry, is there any spell or ability you're aware of that'll allow us to either speak directly to the Aqaa, or shout so that the whole plane hears? I want to deliver a "You're ****ed" speech :D

Sir_Chivalry
2011-11-21, 12:17 AM
"I can manage either one as required. As long as this plan will wipe them off the face of the planes, I'm happy. Also, here
*Comar uses Amon-Her's rejuvination ability. 250hp and Greater Restoration to everybody*

Sir_Chivalry, is there any spell or ability you're aware of that'll allow us to either speak directly to the Aqaa, or shout so that the whole plane hears? I want to deliver a "You're ****ed" speech :D

Well, Wish could do the 'whole plane thing'. Other than that they already can understand you.

Kittenwolf
2011-11-21, 12:28 AM
Well, Wish could do the 'whole plane thing'. Other than that they already can understand you.

Hrm. Will a Miracle manage it? Don't know that I'm up for spending the 5k XP just to deliver a speech :)

Sir_Chivalry
2011-11-21, 12:28 AM
Hrm. Will a Miracle manage it? Don't know that I'm up for spending the 5k XP just to deliver a speech :)

It could, it really could

Chilingsworth
2011-11-23, 01:03 AM
I believe I have a workable plan for this, but first I need to know a few things: 1. How many wishes or better yet, miraculous occurances might we call on? 2. Do any of us have the ability to scry beyond plannar boundries? 3. What is the loudest form you can change into that is capable of speach, Comar?

Kittenwolf
2011-11-23, 05:17 AM
Comar puased for a moment, thinking. I can conjure up Miraculous effects quite frequently, at least unless the divine entities cotton on to me not being who they think I am and stop granting the power. How many do you need? Wishes on the other hand, maybe a couple, I don't have much force stored up to use on those.
Scrying beyond Planar boundries.. I honestly have no idea. There's probably a form somewhere that can do it, but I don't know if I could figure one out in the time we have.
Loudest form? Well, truly I'm unsure there as well. Probably a Battle or Elysian Dragon. Sonic breath weapon plus massive dragon, they'll probable be loudest.

Chilingsworth
2011-11-23, 01:28 PM
Derrick nods.

Hmm... that should provide sufficent resources. If needed, I could also provide a wish or two, but like you I have little power stored for that purpose. I believe Grit also said he can manage a miracle.

Very well, here's my idea:

I know a spell that greatly amplifies sounds emitted within an area around an ensorceled individual, including that individual. We can use that to allow you to be heard by the Aaqa.

Now for the actual trap:

We know that two wishes or miracles will collapse the rift, we also know that anything in or near the rift will be destroyed when it collapses and that this plane will finish dying a random amount of time after that.
So, what I suggest is that we use five miracles to accomplish this task: Two for the actual collapsing of the rift, one to set that collapsing on a trigger of "when the Aaqa get within range of the blast or when we say so," one to cause this plane to die (and trap or kill any survivors from the rift collaspe) immediately upon the rift's collapse rather than after it, and one to allow us to watch the action both for our entertainment and so we can remotely trigger the trap if needed.

After setting this trap up and luring the Aaqa, we should retreat to the safe (relatively) plane I mentioned earlier and set up our new base. I'll leave the exact wording of the miracles to you and Grit, since you'll be the ones calling them in. So, how does that sound?

Chilingsworth
2011-11-24, 01:32 AM
*Derrick pauses before adding another thought*

Also, Comar, a point I think you might find interesting:
If the trap I just outlined works, but there are survivors among the Aaqa, they should be stranded, seperate from the normal planar arcitecture. If this happens, there might be one or more new vestiges created from whatever remains of their conciousness. Looking into that at some point could help you learn much about how vestiges are created. Even if any survivors fail to form new vestiges, that itself should be informative.

Kittenwolf
2011-11-28, 07:06 PM
Comar listens intently, but it's plain that a lot of it goes over his head "Ookay, I'm not really up to date on obscure magical constructs. You tell me what needs to be done and I'll do it. As to Vestige formation, from what I know either a very very strong Aqaa would need to survive to have the strength of will to become a Vestige, or a bunch of weaker ones would have to survive and then combine.
Either way are you sure that a Miracle would allow is going to let us observe this? I've tried to use such magic to scan the Void beyond Reality before and never been successful. Admittedly I haven't done it on a half obliterated plane at the moment of its destruction before either."

Chilingsworth
2011-11-28, 11:04 PM
Hmm... Okay, here are the steps we'll need.

1. Comar, you ask for a miracle to delay the effects of the next two miracles requested by either you or Grit (total, not each) until one of the conditions of either "The Aaqa are within the blast radius of the colapsed rift or I say the trigger phrase "screw the Aaqa," is met.

2. You and Grit request those two miracles (one each) to collapse the rift. This will be delayed until one of the above conditions are met.

3. Request a miracle to casue this plane to die exactly when this rift dies.

4. I'll cast resist energy (sonic) on us, greater anticipate teleportation on one of your pitfiend minons, and amplify centered on you.

5. You shapechange into the biggest battle dragon you can and call the Aaqa out. I'll also send up a signal via dancing lights to add a further lure.

6. You order the pitfiend I warded with greater anticipate teleportation to stay by the rift to delay their arrival if they try teleporting to it.

7. I'll greater planeshift us to the relatively safe plane I mentioned earlier. There, I'll cast mage's magnificent mansion and private sanctum.

8. You request another miracle to allow us to watch this plane for the activities of the Aaqa and trigger the trap remotely. If they trigger our trap themselves, well and good. If they fail to trigger it or seem to be attempting to disarm it, we use the trigger phrase to trigger it ourselves.

Now, this will be risky. It's still possible that this plane will collapse before we get it set up. So, to allow us a chance to escape that, when I'm not directly performing a part of the plan I will be readied to greater planeshift us out of here. To make this possible, I request that everyone stay where I can reach you for emergency planeshifting.

Okay, so is that clear enough to act on?

Derrick pauses, then adds another thought:

Also, we indeed may fail to see anything after the plane collapses. However, this shouldn't compromise the effectiveness of the plan, and we lose nothing by considering the possibility of the extra information.

Kittenwolf
2011-11-28, 11:28 PM
Comar nods along with each of Derrick's points "You're the mage, I'll trust that you know what you're talking about. Ready for me to start now?"

Silver Night
2011-11-29, 03:12 AM
It sounds like a plan. I am ready.

Chilingsworth
2011-11-29, 06:53 PM
Right, so let's get started!

(actually, I'll cast the mass resist energy (sonic) spell now. Everyone now has sonic resistance 30 for the next five hours.)

Kittenwolf
2011-11-29, 07:04 PM
"Very well then"

Comar will swap into one form for a Miracle to delay/add a triggering effect to the Rift Detonation, and then swap to another form and use a combined miracle with Grit to collapse the rift (and plane) when the trigger goes off.
Followed by a third Miracle to collapse the Plane as soon as the rift detonates.

Chilingsworth
2011-11-29, 07:17 PM
Once Comar and Grit's work is done, Derrick will cast greater anticipate teleportation on one of Comar's summoned pitfiends, then cast Amplify on Comar. Then resume his vigil to greater planeshift the party away if the plane seems to be dying prematurely.

(said from outside the amplify-affected area so as to not alert the Aaqa)Alright, Comar You're amplified. Call the Aaqa out. I'm looking forward to hearing your speach.

*He grins and reenters the amplify-affected area so as to avoid being blasted by the increased volume of Comar's speach.*

Kittenwolf
2011-11-29, 07:42 PM
Comar's form shifts yet again, this time into the form of a Collosal Battle Dragon. Raising his head to the sky Comar roars, sending waves of sonic force crashing into the sky. He then begins to speak, his voice reverberating for miles under the force of the amplification.

AQAA! Your crimes against the Multiverse are beyond measure or number. You have failed at the most basic, fundamental tasks of the Celestials and so I lay this curse on you. May Oblivion swallow you, may you know neither light nor comfort, may you have nothing but the endless despair and suffering you have caused to this Reality.
We will destroy you, we will tear down your spires, level your cities and extinguish your Celestial Flames. Your gods will be brought low, your champions destroyed and your fellows ground to dust.
When you and your brethren are nothing but a memory we shall corrupt that as well. Your bringers of Justice will become known as Harbingers of Tyranny, your Gods of nature will become legends of twisted fiends in dark forests, your Lords of the Sun will be remembered as lords of faceless, burning Hatred. Angel and Archon will become but more words for Devil and Demon.

May your consciousness exist just long enough to see your entire purpose unravelled, your domains destroyed and your legacy twisted to be indistinguishable from that which you were supposed fight.

I lay this curse upon you all may you look upon your own works and know naught but despair

Why oh why didn't I max Comar's intimidate :)

Chilingsworth
2011-11-29, 07:59 PM
Derrick casts a dancing lights spell and sends the lights as high into the sky as he can.

*Telepathic transmission to Comar* (Derrick hasn't left pitfiend form so he still has telepathy.)

Why not send the remaining pitfiends (other than the one we have enthralled, and the one I warded with anticipate teleportation) to scout and further bait the Aaqa?

Kittenwolf
2011-11-29, 08:05 PM
*Telepathic Reply*
"I'll just send all my summoned creatures out"

Comar then commands all his remaining summoned creatures (ie, all the hour long summoned ones), barring the Pit Fiends that are part of Derrick's plan, in the direction the Aqaa should be approaching from, with orders to engage them on sight.

Sir_Chivalry
2011-11-30, 01:21 AM
*Telepathic Reply*
"I'll just send all my summoned creatures out"

Comar then commands all his remaining summoned creatures (ie, all the hour long summoned ones), barring the Pit Fiends that are part of Derrick's plan, in the direction the Aqaa should be approaching from, with orders to engage them on sight.

A titanic clash can be heard in the distance as the two forces meet. You have only a small window before they are upon you, delayed however by the pit fiends.

Kittenwolf
2011-11-30, 01:28 AM
Comar is about to say something, then realises he has no idea if the amplify is still up, so shapeshifts into a Telepathic form instead "Wow, I'm hearing the sounds of battle over there, it's almost like those summoned troops are making them sweat rather than being cannon fodder. Either way they're just about here, should we teleport out or wait until we can give the Aqaa a wink and a wave?"

Chilingsworth
2011-11-30, 01:40 AM
Telepathic reply:

I think we should teleport out of here. Mostly because I'm not certain how close the Aaqa have to get to trigger our trap, and we shouldn't be here when it goes off. Maybe we could send illusionary avatars to do the winking and waving when we set up our remote viewing miracle. It does seem the Aaqa are weaker than expected. Maybe this elaborate plan was overkill. Still, we may have occasion and oportunity to try similiar tactics again in the future. It's good to know what we can do.

Silver Night
2011-12-01, 02:12 PM
I agree. Let us leave this place, and we might make it to the next before it is so far gone. Every bite they take from reality is a step backward for us.

Kittenwolf
2011-12-01, 06:18 PM
Comar sighs "Perhaps you are right, though it grates on me to leave without being certain of their destruction. Very well, let us depart. And try to set up that scrying sensor so we can at least watch their obliteration"

Chilingsworth
2011-12-01, 06:57 PM
*Derrick Nods and dismisses the amplify effect.* Alright, gather up, guys! We'll need another miracle to establish the needed sensor.

*once this has happened, he casts greater planeshift to take the group (all the remaining PC's + the enthralled pitfiend) to the Great Chasm of Osyor*

*Once there, he casts mage's magnificent mansion, gets everyone inside said mansion, and casts private sanctum.*

Alright, Comar, ready for a miraculous sensor, maybe with some illusionary avatars for ourselves to taunt the Aaqa with.

ooc:
note: The greater anticipate teleportation-warded pitfiend summon was left behind. If the Aaqa try teleporting there, they'll be delayed, if not it'll take them awhile to get there, I'd assume.

EDIT: Also, I should note I didn't make the mansion larger than could be covered by both private sanctum and greater anticipate teleportation.

Kittenwolf
2011-12-01, 07:24 PM
Okay, Comar will swap between a couple more creatures, using one Miracle for a Programmed Image (or if I can find a creature with programmed Image as an SLA) of us taunting the Aqaa when they get close.

Then it's time for a Miracle for an extra-planar scrying sensor before we hop back to Derrick's Mansion

By the way, Sir_Chivalry, given the by RAW kinda undefined limits of how often you can use Miracles before the appropriate source gets annoyed at you, let me know if/when you want me to stop using other race's Miracles :)
So far I've mostly been swapping between members of the Heavenly Hosts since they're easy to find (ie, just about all of the named Celestials on the BoED have Miracles at least once/day so I don't need to go through books for other options) but I know there's plenty of other critters out there with Miracle.
Whether their source of power will start going "Oi, who keeps doing that?" or if Comar's Miracles are lost in the tide of spellslinging going on in the plane is up to you :)

Chilingsworth
2011-12-01, 11:55 PM
Derrick returns to his normal form and grabs some snacks from the mansion's larder... specifically, something akin to sushi. He then grabs a spot on the couch in view of the scrying senson Comar set up.

So... you guys want something to eat? We've got pleanty, and snacks go well with any show, I've always thought. Hmm... you know, I could just astrally project us for future battles, I have a significant supply of the needed jade... unless you can manage that spell, Comar?

Silver Night
2011-12-02, 12:23 AM
"I only hope that it will work. Still, I have seen few as arrogant as many of the celestials. Perhaps they will simply blunder in."

He turns to the pit fiend, and says not unkindly, "What is your name, Lost One?"

Kittenwolf
2011-12-02, 01:00 AM
After using another Miracle on a scrying sensor, Comar shapeshifts into a pretty, 20-something human girl (slightly better fit for the mansion than the ten foot Celestial required for the Miracle) and finds a comfortable chair.
"Astral projection? Isn't that one of the things that Demi Lich's can do all the time? Oh, and do you have any pastries with custard?"

Chilingsworth
2011-12-02, 01:18 AM
Of course! *seems to remember the mansion has servants available, and orders one to bring the pastries* Here we are! Would you prefer lemon, berry, or plain? *indicates the three plates in turn.*

Kittenwolf
2011-12-02, 01:31 AM
"Say, what's that in the corner?" Whether or not anyone looks, two seconds later Corina grabs all three and hides them on a chairside table.
"What does astral projection actually do anyway? I'm sure Demi Lich's can do it but I've never used it before"

Chilingsworth
2011-12-02, 01:53 AM
*Derrick smirks when he notices the pastries disapear.*

Well, basically, it would let us create duplicates of ourselves and our gear on the astral plane. Once there, we can travel to any other plane that is connected to it, which prettymuch all planes of existance. Our bodies here will be in suspended animation while we travel, but so long as we have some guards and are in a secure place, that shouldn't be too much of a problem. If our astral duplicates are destroyed, or our link to them severed, then we will simply wake up in our actual bodies, no worse for wear. The spell takes half an hour to cast, so if we are sent back, our foes will have a chance to regroup or flee at the least, but it's better than being dead. All in all, a useful option in our arsenal, though I'm sure our foes have some countermeasures that would prevent it from being a true cureall.

Kittenwolf
2011-12-02, 01:59 AM
Corina pauses in thought for a moment "I can see some holes in it, but no more than everything else does, and definitely very handy for scouting. Yeah, a Demi Lich can use it all day long, only takes a few seconds to fire up for them.
For a brief moment Corina shapeshifts into a floating black skull with glowing amethysts in place of its teeth and eyes, then changes back again.
"Let me know if we ever need it and I'm sure I can supply it"

Chilingsworth
2011-12-02, 02:22 AM
Indeed. Hmm... I wonder, what affect on the Aaqan strategy will this blow have? If there are no surrvivors, will their high command even know what happened? And would that ignorance be more or less to our benefit than if they figured it out? I'm sure we'll find out soon enough. *Derrick continues enjoying his sushi and watching the sensor.*

Sir_Chivalry
2011-12-02, 12:22 PM
As the discussion goes on, the sensor flares.

The angels can be seen carrying pit fiend corpses slung on their shoulders as they land next to the portal. The illusions mock them, and they are visibly unimpressed. When the plane collapses around them though, they can be seen being ripped apart by an invisible force, though they do not scream out in pain.

Kittenwolf
2011-12-04, 11:24 PM
Corina smiles. "Well, that takes care of them then. Odd that they didn't scream though"

Sir_Chivalry, did they make any sounds at all? I'm trying to tell if this is a case of "They are so tough/so certain of their fate that they make no noise" or "Har har, they setup a Silent Image spell of themselves getting nuked" :)

Sir_Chivalry
2011-12-05, 12:21 AM
Corina smiles. "Well, that takes care of them then. Odd that they didn't scream though"

Sir_Chivalry, did they make any sounds at all? I'm trying to tell if this is a case of "They are so tough/so certain of their fate that they make no noise" or "Har har, they setup a Silent Image spell of themselves getting nuked" :)

They calmly met their fate, died without screaming.

Chilingsworth
2011-12-05, 12:35 AM
Yes, it was odd they didn't scream. Maybe they were such fanatics they felt no pain? At least they're gone, now. And we even managed to find a survivor from that plane! Shall we resume our attempts to communicate with the watch? I believe you mentioned the idea of shapeshifting into something similiar to it and then attempting to communicate. Do I remember correctly, Corina?

*Derrick seems relieved that the plan worked as well as its seemed to.*

Kittenwolf
2011-12-05, 12:48 AM
Corina pauses for a moment "You know, I'd completely forgotten about the survivor we found. Yes, we should definitely attempt to communicate with it. I can indeed try shapeshifting into it, in case its language involves special telepathy or colours or scents or similar. I can typically speak to anything with a language, but it didn't seem like it actually had one. Anything else you'd like to try first or should I go straight to shapeshifting?"

Chilingsworth
2011-12-05, 01:12 AM
Well, it seems like a saipient magical artifact to me. I tried to examine it with Analyze Dwemoner, but all that gave me was a feel of mild conjuration and abjuration. Also, I felt a shiver down my spine when I tried to communicate with it. I'm guessing I was feeling its fear.

*an idea seems to occur to him*

Might you know of a form with the ability to use the legend lore spell? Or maybe the object reading psionic power? Maybe investigating this watch with those abilities would help shed some light on matters?

Kittenwolf
2011-12-05, 01:26 AM
Corina grins broadly "I know just the form!"
A few moments later she shapeshifts into an eight foot tall androgynous human with subtle masculine traits, white feathered wings, pearly skin and golden hair.

"Now, where is the survivor?"

Knowledge: Planes of 43 identifies the form as Erathaol, the Seer (Book of Exalted Deeds (http://www.scribd.com/doc/66567515/Book-of-Exalted-Deeds), page 128).

Sir_Chivalry, what information does Erathaol's "Celestial Knowledge" get me? That's "Everything that could be known via Bardic Knowledge (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/classes/bard.htm#bardicKnowledge)", plus Legend Lore (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/legendLore.htm) and Analyse Dweomer (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/analyzeDweomer.htm) at will as standard actions.

Chilingsworth
2011-12-05, 01:31 AM
*Derrick reverts to his normal form, and returns his weapons to their normal sizes.*

Knowledge (Planes)
[roll0] yup... my rolls are great tonight, lol.

Hmm... I don't recognise that form, but I trust your judgement. As for the survivor, I placed it... him?... her? in my portable hole.

*He opens his portable hole and retrieves the watch*

Here.

Sir_Chivalry
2011-12-05, 01:33 AM
Corina grins broadly "I know just the form!"
A few moments later she shapeshifts into an eight foot tall androgynous human with subtle masculine traits, white feathered wings, pearly skin and golden hair.

"Now, where is the survivor?"

Knowledge: Planes of 43 identifies the form as Erathaol, the Seer (Book of Exalted Deeds (http://www.scribd.com/doc/66567515/Book-of-Exalted-Deeds), page 128).

Sir_Chivalry, what information does Erathaol's "Celestial Knowledge" get me? That's "Everything that could be known via Bardic Knowledge (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/classes/bard.htm#bardicKnowledge)", plus Legend Lore (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/legendLore.htm) and Analyse Dweomer (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/analyzeDweomer.htm) at will as standard actions.

The watch is an intelligent item. It's has semi-empathy as communication.

Kittenwolf
2011-12-05, 01:39 AM
Comar turns from his 'reading' of the item "It would appear that your initial thoughts were correct. This seems to be an intelligent magical item rather than a true "creature", that communicates empathically. I'm afraid that is somewhat outside my area of expertise"

Chilingsworth
2011-12-05, 02:02 AM
*Derrick nods*

Nevertheless, that watch is the closest thing to a survivor that was left on the world of Kisara. I think we should treat it as such. Let's start by finding out which (if any) gender is prefers to be thought of as, then find a suitable name. Sound good?

Kittenwolf
2011-12-05, 02:40 AM
"Are you sure that it would even have a preferred gender? It's a magic item after all. Perhaps finding out it's name first?"

Chilingsworth
2011-12-05, 02:47 AM
No, I'm not sure it would have a gender preference. Ok, how do we go about finding its name? Maybe the first step could be to find out if it has one? Ask it to project confidence if it has one, and uncertainty if if doesn't? If it has one, then first try to find our how many letters it has in the common alphabet... maybe?

Kittenwolf
2011-12-05, 06:50 PM
"I can see what you are trying to do with the alphabet, but I'm not sure that a purely empathic creature will have much knowledge or use for an alphabet. Perhaps we should just see if it's capable of intelligent communication and go from there?"

Erathaol!Comar leans forward at the watch-like device and attempts to 'think' to it "Can you hear me? Do you understand me?" if there is no reply at all, he'll touch the watch and then repeat himself (just in case physical contact is required)

Sir_Chivalry
2011-12-06, 01:15 AM
"I can see what you are trying to do with the alphabet, but I'm not sure that a purely empathic creature will have much knowledge or use for an alphabet. Perhaps we should just see if it's capable of intelligent communication and go from there?"

Erathaol!Comar leans forward at the watch-like device and attempts to 'think' to it "Can you hear me? Do you understand me?" if there is no reply at all, he'll touch the watch and then repeat himself (just in case physical contact is required)

The watch pulls at you. You feel hope.

Silver Night
2011-12-06, 01:28 AM
"While we are attempting to communicate, it might also be a good idea to plan out next move. Perhaps we should take measures to find out where next our intervention will have the greatest effect."

Kittenwolf
2011-12-06, 01:41 AM
The watch pulls at you. You feel hope.

"Hrm. Interesting. It seems to realise that I'm trying to communicate, and seems hopeful, but I'm unsure if it actually comprehends me. Let me try something a little more specific, and something a little more philosophical. I'll see if I get general feelings or something more specific."

Do you have a name? A language? A purpose?

Sir_Chivalry
2011-12-06, 06:36 PM
"Hrm. Interesting. It seems to realise that I'm trying to communicate, and seems hopeful, but I'm unsure if it actually comprehends me. Let me try something a little more specific, and something a little more philosophical. I'll see if I get general feelings or something more specific."

Do you have a name? A language? A purpose?

Nothing happens.

Kittenwolf
2011-12-06, 07:03 PM
"Interesting, it doesn't seem to respond to specific words or questions. It's definitely empathic rather than telepathic"

I'll send a general feeling of safety to the watch (attempting to convey "don't worry, you're safe now"), followed by a questioning feeling (attempting to convey "do you have anything you wish to say/do" as best I can).

Sir_Chivalry
2011-12-06, 07:04 PM
"Interesting, it doesn't seem to respond to specific words or questions. It's definitely empathic rather than telepathic"

I'll send a general feeling of safety to the watch (attempting to convey "don't worry, you're safe now"), followed by a questioning feeling (attempting to convey "do you have anything you wish to say/do" as best I can).

A slight electric shock runs up your arm.

Kittenwolf
2011-12-06, 07:41 PM
A slight electric shock runs up your arm.

Was that at the first or second 'message' ?

Sir_Chivalry
2011-12-06, 07:42 PM
Was that at the first or second 'message' ?

Second message

Kittenwolf
2011-12-06, 08:01 PM
Comar steps back from the watch looking chagrined "Well.. I tried to send a feeling to it to ask if it had anything it wanted to do or say. It electrocuted me. I have absolutely no idea what that might mean"

Silver Night
2011-12-07, 01:16 AM
Perhaps see if it is capable of one for yes, two for no.

Kittenwolf
2011-12-07, 01:27 AM
"I.. only have a vague idea of how to even start to convey something like that, and I don't think it can understand things on that level, but I can try"

So, Comar will send it a feeling of "Correct", and mentally show one 'shock', then send a feeling of "Incorrect", accompanied by two shocks.
He'll then try sending a question of "Understand" and see what happens.

Comar will be quite surprised if this works :D

Chilingsworth
2011-12-08, 02:00 AM
Hmm... one thing: try a detect thoughts ability? If I remember correctly, that should allow us to learn roughly how intelligent the watch is.

Sir_Chivalry
2011-12-19, 08:25 PM
"I.. only have a vague idea of how to even start to convey something like that, and I don't think it can understand things on that level, but I can try"

So, Comar will send it a feeling of "Correct", and mentally show one 'shock', then send a feeling of "Incorrect", accompanied by two shocks.
He'll then try sending a question of "Understand" and see what happens.

Comar will be quite surprised if this works :D

The watch shocks you three times, one followed by two.

Kittenwolf
2011-12-19, 09:03 PM
"I think I may be confusing the poor thing. Let me try one thing"
Comar will then send a mental image of the the watch to itself, and try and convey "Is this you?"

Sir_Chivalry
2011-12-19, 09:04 PM
"I think I may be confusing the poor thing. Let me try one thing"
Comar will then send a mental image of the the watch to itself, and try and convey "Is this you?"

The watch shocks once.

Kittenwolf
2011-12-19, 09:10 PM
"Huh, or maybe I was wrong"
Comar will then try and send a few other images & questions to the watch "Is this a rock" kind of questions, just designed to see if the watch can actually comprehend and answer yes/no style or if the first yes was a fluke.

If it doesn't turn out to be a fluke, "Are we friends" will be tried, and "Do you wish to show me something" (though that latter one may be beyond my ability to work out how to convey).

Sir_Chivalry
2011-12-19, 10:54 PM
"Huh, or maybe I was wrong"
Comar will then try and send a few other images & questions to the watch "Is this a rock" kind of questions, just designed to see if the watch can actually comprehend and answer yes/no style or if the first yes was a fluke.

If it doesn't turn out to be a fluke, "Are we friends" will be tried, and "Do you wish to show me something" (though that latter one may be beyond my ability to work out how to convey).

It cannot answer questions requiring sight.

To the friends thing, it responds with confusion as opposed to a shock.

Kittenwolf
2011-12-19, 11:43 PM
"Well everyone, the watch seems to be able to respond to yes/no questions and feelings, but I'm afraid either its ability to communicate, or perhaps my ability to correctly interpret its communication is flawed."

Silver Night
2011-12-20, 02:12 AM
"Well, I suppose you don't know what will work until you try." Grit considers, "Perhaps if we keep it simple. Was it originally created in the realm where we found it?"

Kittenwolf
2011-12-20, 02:34 AM
"I.. don't know that I could convey that. It thinks in feelings and images mostly, and since we don't know how it was constructed or even what its realm looked like before we got there, I'm not sure that I could convey taht very well"

Chilingsworth
2011-12-21, 06:04 AM
Hmm... maybe ask it what its purpose was? No, I'm guessing that's to hard to convey. How about asking it if it wants to be present when we fight our foes, followed by asking it if it wants to be kept hidden when we do that.

Kittenwolf
2011-12-21, 07:39 AM
"Well, I can try, though is this the best use of our time or should we head back out after another invasion?"

Comar will attempt to convey "What do you do" to the watch (not really expecting that one to work since I'm not sure how it'd be conveyable), and after that response or lack thereof I'll send an image of us facing down Demons with the watch held out in front (holy symbol to Vampire style) and ask "Good/Bad".

Chilingsworth
2011-12-22, 04:51 AM
I certainly agree that we should plan our further actions. However, whatever that watch is, it survived the near complete destruction of its plane. It also has unknown powers.

*Derrick then seems to have a couple of things occur to him*

Umm... has anyone checked to see if it keeps time? Or opened it, yet? Also, what if the Celestials are using it as a scrying beacon or something?