PDA

View Full Version : Group 3: Forth They Came on Silver Wings (IC)

Sir_Chivalry
2011-11-15, 02:40 AM
Many people know about spellcasters.

They walk and talk like many of us, but they are different. And all of those spellcasters are similar to each other.

At a table in a tavern, four individuals of immense power wait. The patrons of the bar pay them no mind, powerful illusions masking their forms so they appear as normal patrons. They quietly and discretely consume their foodstuffs and drink and keep a watch out the window, scanning the black night sky for the silver glow that would herald doom.

Here, on the world of Felstan, the people had given up. They had allied themselves with the host of angels, offering this world as a staging ground for those celestials to rest. The people feared their new masters, light and fury personified, but they feared the fiends more.

The mission of these four individuals was simple. The powerful guardian force for one of the commanders of the host was 'roosting' her tonight. Solar angels, and twelve strong. Exhausted from the day's work out in the far-flung corners of the multiverse, they would need one hour of prayer to their gods to replenish spells. At midnight, they would return, and this small group of individuals would strike.

Jack_Simth
2011-11-15, 08:09 AM
Oak sits at the table, contemplating her drink and keeping up a facade of innocent conversation with her compatriots, watching what is (for her) a very brightly lit room as every living creature lights the place up like a fire to her eyes. She also makes sure to glance around and 'people watch'... especially useful in her case, as illusions mean nothing to her in most cases. Hidden under the illusion, however, she moves her fingers in a manner that would be incomprehensible to most, mostly to see if these compatriots in arms of hers know the tactical language of the Underdark
Drow SignSo... I didn't get much chance to find out what you all tend to try first; what strategies should I expect to see... also, which of you prefer positive energy, and which negative?

The light bit: Lifesense, Libris Mortis. She doesn't have a Con score, and so qualifies. She also is mostly asking about positive and negative energy as a courtesy - the living are like flames to her, so she can pretty much tell just by looking... unless you're a construct, or have Tomb-Tainted Soul, or similar.

Oyera Athlernys Kimhat (Oak) (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=337836)
HP: 713/713, AC 53 (T 34 FF 47), saves +27/+33/+34 (+44/+50/+51 vs. spells and spell-like abilities)

bindin garoth
2011-11-15, 12:25 PM
Nex sips on his drink while surrounded by his companions. True, it would do little to him, but he had to at least put on a facade that he was normal. He keeps up with the small talk, trying to make sure none thought any different of them than the rest of the customers here. True, he was quite a bit pailer than humans, but he was hoping that none would question it.

He, seeing through Oak's illusion, catches her hand signs. Unfortunately, he is not familiar with the language, and responds with a simple shaking of his head to show that he does not understand.

Jack_Simth
2011-11-16, 11:31 AM
Oak sighs, shrugs under the illusion, looks her teammates in the eyes, and then concentrates a moment, making no sound nor moving, and attempts to apply a simple spell of teamwork to her teammates. She then tests it, thinking across the link "Can you hear me now?"

First: Taking ten on a bluff check for delivering a secret message (for a result of 27 vs. DC 15 or 20 depending on whether or not this is a "complex" message). Message is "Relax, I'm about to apply a beneficial spell".
Second: Spell-like miracle: Telepathic Bond. No save, no SR, and it's a divination that doesn't give info about the targets, so theoretically should bypass Mind Blank as well... but you do need to be willing. Lasts 300 minutes, which is also 5 hours. Should be good for the rest of the encounter, and I can repeat this later. It's an at-will ability.

Oyera Athlernys Kimhat (Oak) (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=337836)
HP: 713/713, AC 53 (T 34 FF 47), saves +27/+33/+34 (+44/+50/+51 vs. spells and spell-like abilities)

bindin garoth
2011-11-17, 08:40 AM
"Much better! Sorry I'm just not really familiar with that language. Anyway, what were you saying? And how do you want to handle tonight's mission? I can always conjure up a few allies as distractions for us." Nex replies through the link, making sure to keep up the small talk in case they were being watched.

Jack_Simth
2011-11-17, 10:57 AM
Oak thinks through the link "Well, what I said was: 'So... I didn't get much chance to find out what you all tend to try first; what strategies should I expect to see... also, which of you prefer positive energy, and which negative?' I'm a bit of a healer, but it's helpful to know a person's metabolism when doing so to avoid potentially lethal mistakes."

bindin garoth
2011-11-17, 03:37 PM
"Ah ok, good idea. Anyway keep me away from positive energy, negative energy heals me though. As for battles, I'm a front liner who relies on a multitude of attacks. I have the ability to summon several companions to help in our assult, although considering what we're facing they will be nothing more than a destraction against our foes. I do, however, have a few utility and support abilities. I can emit a negative energy aura that heals me at the same time, summon a copy of my weapon to attack along with me, and lock away the souls of those we fight for later healing or summoning. Also if I die, I can come back to life several times, not unlike a lich. In addition, once a day I can unleash a huge energy sphere, and I can also emitt an aura that slowly weakens foes and curses them with some unluck. My defenses are fairly good, so I shouldn't have to worry about taking too much damage..... Oh I almost forgot to mention! I have the special ability to counter a mage's spell! It takes me a second to recharge, but I can do it enough to shut down at least one mage! What are your main stratagies for fighting?"

Jack_Simth
2011-11-17, 11:50 PM
Oak replies across the mental link "Well, as I said: I'm a healer, and can also sling spells. You take negative energies to recover your vitality; good to know. That probably also means you don't cotton to standard resurrection magic... it's just as well you've got your own methods of denying the grave, then. There are ways to revive those not numbered among the living, but they're considerably rougher. As for what I do... well... it's less what I do, more what Waukeen does through me. Apparently, I'm unusually good at channeling divine energies, and can keep it up basically forever."

bindin garoth
2011-11-19, 08:22 AM
"Interesting! Here, in case anything happens, take these two rings. They'll restore me to life if I am slain. It's better to keep them on one that has a chance to leave rather than keep them on myself if I die. Shall we go take a look around before they get here?"

Jack_Simth
2011-11-19, 10:50 AM
Oak looks at them, and thinks through the mental link "I'm afraid there's two problems with that. The first, is that while I'm not undead, I'm not exactly alive, either..." and with that, she shows why she hasn't picked up what was thought to be her drink... by dipping her finger into the liquid without causing so much as a ripple... and keeping the glass at such an angle that only one of the few sitting at their reasonably-private table can see the lack of result. "I lost my physical body quite some time ago. I've adapted; there's ways around that limitation, but it does make certain things a bit trickier. I've also got a bit of an agreement going on about not owning or using certain things myself; I sell them for power, essentially. Do the rings revive you automatically, or would I need to invoke them somehow? There's a small loophole in that I can carry things I neither own nor use... but I also need to carry them in such a way that I derive no benefit; I could fetch a magical sword you dropped for you, but I can't consider it mine, nor could I take a swing with it. If your rings don't do anything other than revive you, and if they don't need to be specifically used to have that effect, and if they don't do anything for me, then yes, I can arrange to carry them if it's really needed. Myself, I'm not dependent on such trinkets anymore to come back from the grave ... not that there aren't several different ways to take someone out of the picture without killing them, mind."

Incorporeal on the material plane. Anything she wields is considered Ghost Touch, so she can pick things up if she chooses, and she is corporeal on the Ethereal plane, so can Gate stuff to herself if needed, but no body on the material causes a few complications on such requests.

Additionally, Vow of Poverty. You need to be careful with them if you don't want her selling them at the first available opportunity....

Sir_Chivalry
2011-11-19, 11:11 AM
The sky to the east, dark with clouds and rumbling like thunder, begins to shine slightly with silver light. A dozen solar angels become visible in the glaring aura of light, and as you watch, they descend on the town and enter the tavern.

"We require rooms for prayer and mediatation."

bindin garoth
2011-11-19, 11:30 AM
"Hmmm.... Well, this elminates the need to find them, just have to figure out the best way to take them on. Well, we could wait until they get their rooms, then try to ambush them? If you don't mind part of the building being damaged, I have a particulary good blast against them........ Or we could swarm them with my summons. What do you think?" Nex thinks over their link, very thankful they have ways of communicating without talking.

Jack_Simth
2011-11-19, 12:08 PM
Oak thinks back through the link "While I don't much care about the building, I'd prefer to keep civilians out of it if it is feasible to do so... granted, this world has mostly given up and is just waiting for death, so we're just hastening that which they've already agreed to gain, but I'd prefer to keep them out of the line of fire. Honestly, though, I'm surprised they didn't make us as soon as they came in the door. Besides: Waiting until they're meditating gives us a bit of a window where they're going to be a little slower to react, hopefully."

bindin garoth
2011-11-19, 02:45 PM
"Alright sounds good to me. Maybe about 10 or 15 minutes after they've all entered their rooms? I'll summon up some wraiths right beforehand and command them to chase but not attack the civilians, hopefully scaring them all away. How's that sound?" Nex thinks back through the link.

Jack_Simth
2011-11-19, 10:41 PM
Oak nods, and pushes another thought through the telepathic link "That sounds like a plan, then. As, however, we seem to be a bit outnumbered, I'll call in a few... rentals... from my business associate... once the time comes."

With that, Oak proceeds ahead with the plan, waiting for a little while after the angels retire to their room.

Just waiting, for now. Totally possible the angels will do something unexpected, and there's probably going to be something of a reaction from the crowd when a few people mysteriously appear in the middle of the tavern... although I think I'll have Oak slip outside for a few rounds for that aspect.

bindin garoth
2011-11-21, 10:59 AM
"Sounds good to me." Nex replies through the link.

Nex waits along with Oak, and keeps an eye on the angles through the sounds of their steps and their light but distinctive steps.

Nex is keeping an eye on them with his blindsense. Range 60ft.

Still keeping the immediate action posted in the OOC thread for the time being.

Sir_Chivalry
2011-11-22, 10:17 PM
The angels seem to not notice you for the time.

They momentarily stop to discuss the day's actions.

Jack_Simth
2011-11-22, 10:44 PM
Oak waits, listening in on her adversaries to see what they choose to share, and also contemplating if they're simply killing time until their prayers, or if they actually have 'made' Nex and herself.

Listen to Eavesdrop on the conversation they're having out in the middle of the bar, not too far away: [roll0]
Sense Motive to check up on the reasons behind their current activities: [roll1]

bindin garoth
2011-11-23, 06:52 PM
Nex

Nex is curious himself on what they're up to. Why were they waiting around? They need to hurry up so we can attack! Have we been found out? Nex considers. Unfortunately, Nex is not the greatest with reading other, and instead decides to listen out to his surroundings, perhaps there are more around.

Nex is observing the area within 30ft of himselfwith his blindsense, does he sense anyone other than the solars and normal people in the bar?

Also he can understand any language, so if they are not speaking in common Nex will know what they are talking about.

............:smalleek: I just realized I have a constant desicrate around myself within 30ft. Do they notice?

Sir_Chivalry
2011-11-23, 11:53 PM
Nex

Nex is curious himself on what they're up to. Why were they waiting around? They need to hurry up so we can attack! Have we been found out? Nex considers. Unfortunately, Nex is not the greatest with reading other, and instead decides to listen out to his surroundings, perhaps there are more around.

Nex is observing the area within 30ft of himselfwith his blindsense, does he sense anyone other than the solars and normal people in the bar?

Also he can understand any language, so if they are not speaking in common Nex will know what they are talking about.

............:smalleek: I just realized I have a constant desicrate around myself within 30ft. Do they notice?

He does not.

They are talking about the number of demons they killed, and the beauty of the destroyed world they have returned from.

Not yet:smalltongue:

Jack_Simth
2011-11-25, 02:11 AM
Oak glances about the room, her true-seeing eyes looking through disguises, as she asks Nex across the telepathic link "So can you make out what they're saying?"

Sir_Chivalry
2011-11-25, 09:32 AM
One of the Solars seems to perk up, a shiver running down his spine. He begins to look around the room.

bindin garoth
2011-11-25, 12:14 PM
"Well, seems like we have been noticed. Shall we?" Nex sends through the link, his hand droping down to his morningstar.

Jack_Simth
2011-11-25, 12:42 PM
Oak sighs through the link, and adds a thought "Well, no turning back now that you've put your hand on your weapon. Pity; I was hoping to minimize civilian casualties." as she concentrates briefly to cut off teleportation in the area.

Standard (no components, so not identifiable, and hopefully before battle, but if not, no big deal): Spell-like Miracle: Dimension Lock. I'd rather they didn't run away...
Initiative: [roll0]

So: Surprise round, or just straight into initiative?

bindin garoth
2011-11-25, 07:28 PM
Nex remains silent as he continues to draw his weapon. As he does so, he creates an aura of negative energy around him. Unfortunately it would harm the citizens around him, but in turn it would help both of them against the solars. As he does so the life of everyone around him seems to be drained and flows towards Nex.

Activate Vamperic aura: All within 20ft suffer [roll0] negative energy damage. Undead are healed by this. A fort save DC 37 halves the damage. I heal all damage inflicted by this, and this aura continues to exist until I dismiss it.

Move action to stand up, free action draw weapon as part of movement.

Also my other auras activate (from Seiokona Vestige). All enemies within 50ft suffer a -2 penalty to all d20 rolls. In addition, they take a cumulative -1 penalty to all ability scores (min 1) each round inside area. Every round outside Removes 1 point of penalty.

As an immediate action I will counter the first spell cast.
[roll1] vs 5 + the solar's caster level.

Init: [roll2]

hmmmmmm.............. Hmmmmmm I guess that's all :smalltongue:

Sir_Chivalry
2011-11-25, 11:38 PM
Nex remains silent as he continues to draw his weapon. As he does so, he creates an aura of negative energy around him. Unfortunately it would harm the citizens around him, but in turn it would help both of them against the solars. As he does so the life of everyone around him seems to be drained and flows towards Nex.

Activate Vamperic aura: All within 20ft suffer [roll0] negative energy damage. Undead are healed by this. A fort save DC 37 halves the damage. I heal all damage inflicted by this, and this aura continues to exist until I dismiss it.

Move action to stand up, free action draw weapon as part of movement.

Also my other auras activate (from Seiokona Vestige). All enemies within 50ft suffer a -2 penalty to all d20 rolls. In addition, they take a cumulative -1 penalty to all ability scores (min 1) each round inside area. Every round outside Removes 1 point of penalty.

As an immediate action I will counter the first spell cast.
[roll1] vs 5 + the solar's caster level.

Init: [roll2]

hmmmmmm.............. Hmmmmmm I guess that's all :smalltongue:

The solars step back from the burst of energy. They are visibly hurt by it, but not damaged. The black veins of negative energy are swiftly consumed by the silvery skin of the solars.

22- Nex
9- Oak

You successfully counter the first spell, Earthquake.

The second, however, takes you by suprise.

The building collapses, dealing [roll0] damage to all. Two of the angels remain unburied (well, buried briefly)

Jack_Simth
2011-11-26, 12:38 AM
Oak seems completely unaffected by the aura of negative energy, it having a hard time touching her unusual physiology. She begins to form a thought about that directed at Nex in explanation, but is distracted by the collapse of the building... which likewise leaves her completely untouched, passing harmlessly through her and leaving her buried in a pile of rubble that doesn't impede her movements at all.

Dead last. Fun. Well, let me know when my turn comes up. At least I can probably claim total cover if needed....

Incorporeal, so simple physical stuff such as collapsing buildings doesn't do anything to her (if it was a magic building, or if it was crazy-thick, this could be a different story, though).

Likewise, she's technically an outsider, not an undead, so is not healed by the aura... but she is also immune to Fort save effects (unless they also affect objects) due to the lack of a Con score, and so is unharmed by the negative energy aura.

bindin garoth
2011-11-26, 11:18 AM
Nex, unfortunately, is trapped under the rubble. But not for long, he refuses to stay down. Drawing upon his strength, and with a great yell, he bursts out from the rubble, and stands up.

"Good move." Is all he says before holding his morningstar out. It starts glowing softly, and slowly glows brighter and brighter, until light surges forth from it. When the light dies down a second copy of the morningstar can be seen floating beside him, ready to lash out. In addition, two pitch black tentacles can be seen growing from his shoulders.
"Its a shame really. I hate having to do this, but balance must be preserved in the world. If not, things like this happen."

Move action to burst out of the rubble and stand up: (provokes AOO if successful in standing up.)
Strength check: DC25 vs [roll0]

Note: If this does not succeed I will change it.

Standard action: Use mark of the solar ability to create a copy of my weapon. It attacks when I do.

Free action: My 2 tentacles emerge from my arm. From mark of the displacer beast.

I really need to choose my spells..... and BTW spell thief is almost done.

Edit: negative enrgy aura in OOC thread, also collapse doesn't overcome DR

Sir_Chivalry
2011-11-30, 10:58 PM
The other solars draw their bows and shoot at the two of you

Attack on Oak: [roll0]

Dmg: [roll1]

Attack on Nex: [roll2]

Dmg: [roll3]

If you get damaged make a DC 20 Fort save.

Jack_Simth
2011-12-01, 08:13 AM
Oak pretty much ignores the arrow, swiftly blasting the angels with divine fire, then moving up to just outside sword range of one of the winged outsiders, concentrates a moment, and in a brief burst of fire and brimstone, a warrior with naught but a loincloth and a plain-looking greatsword appears in the middle of the conflagration, screaming for a moment in utter pain and then cutting off the scream suddenly with a sigh of immense relief. Oak then instructs the damned soul "You missed a clause in your contract, and now you're the property of that imp, and on loan to me. The rental lasts until your body is destroyed, or I send you back myself. Serve skillfully and well, and you may avoid the flames for a decent length of time... and I may take you on loan again once you've gone back to your owner. Disobey, and you're right back where you were. Now kill those feather-winged destroyers for me."

The warrior rages against his situation... but starts laying into the designated targets.

Flat-footed AC 47. That 33 is a miss.

Oak Swift: Quickened Flame Strike. SR penetration: [roll0], damage: [roll1] reflex DC 24 half, catching as many angels as possible in the ten-foot radius (20-foot diameter) of effect.
Oak Move: Get near enough to one of the angels so that the loaner will be within a five-foot step of a target.
Oak Standard: Spell-like Wish, for a Simulacrum of an arbitrary 60th level barbarian (which produces a 30th level Barbarian).

Deling Etotin Dunturn (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=347714) Raging HP: 584/584, Raging AC 28 (T 14, FF 22), Raging saves +39/+27/+29 (+33 vs. Enchantments)

DED free: Rage.
DED Full-round: Full attack, Power Attacking for twenty:
{table=head]Attack|Damage
[roll2]|[roll3] slashing and [roll4] Electricity
[roll5]|[roll6] slashing and [roll7] Electricity
[roll8]|[roll9] slashing and [roll10] Electricity
[roll11]|[roll12] slashing and [roll13] Electricity
[/table]
Note: Crit is 17-20/x2, +1d10 electricity, if it comes up.

Edit: Oh yes, and all hits are Wounding.

Jack_Simth
2011-12-01, 08:16 AM
DED's Crit Threats:

[roll0]|[roll1] more slashing and [roll2] electricity
[roll3]|[roll4] more slashing and [roll5] electricity
[/table]

Sir_Chivalry
2011-12-02, 02:23 PM
Oak pretty much ignores the arrow, swiftly blasting the angels with divine fire, then moving up to just outside sword range of one of the winged outsiders, concentrates a moment, and in a brief burst of fire and brimstone, a warrior with naught but a loincloth and a plain-looking greatsword appears in the middle of the conflagration, screaming for a moment in utter pain and then cutting off the scream suddenly with a sigh of immense relief. Oak then instructs the damned soul "You missed a clause in your contract, and now you're the property of that imp, and on loan to me. The rental lasts until your body is destroyed, or I send you back myself. Serve skillfully and well, and you may avoid the flames for a decent length of time... and I may take you on loan again once you've gone back to your owner. Disobey, and you're right back where you were. Now kill those feather-winged destroyers for me."

The warrior rages against his situation... but starts laying into the designated targets.

Flat-footed AC 47. That 33 is a miss.

Oak Swift: Quickened Flame Strike. SR penetration: [roll0], damage: [roll1] reflex DC 24 half, catching as many angels as possible in the ten-foot radius (20-foot diameter) of effect.
Oak Move: Get near enough to one of the angels so that the loaner will be within a five-foot step of a target.
Oak Standard: Spell-like Wish, for a Simulacrum of an arbitrary 60th level barbarian (which produces a 30th level Barbarian).

Deling Etotin Dunturn (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=347714) Raging HP: 584/584, Raging AC 28 (T 14, FF 22), Raging saves +39/+27/+29 (+33 vs. Enchantments)

DED free: Rage.
DED Full-round: Full attack, Power Attacking for twenty:
[roll2]|[roll3] slashing and [roll4] Electricity
[roll5]|[roll6] slashing and [roll7] Electricity
[roll8]|[roll9] slashing and [roll10] Electricity
[roll11]|[roll12] slashing and [roll13] Electricity
[/table]
Note: Crit is 17-20/x2, +1d10 electricity, if it comes up.

The solars resist the magic easily, yet the warrior's strikes rip one of them apart, painfully, though the solar still lives, unconscious on the ground.

Sir_Chivalry
2011-12-04, 12:24 AM
The solars not pinned or dead try and fail to dominate OAK.

Jack_Simth
2011-12-04, 12:54 PM
Oak sees about pressing the advantage, Raoring for six seconds and shaking things up significantly... meanwhile, the loaned soul continues to try and slice up any active target.

HP: 713(+28 temp)/713, AC 53 (T 34 FF 47), saves +27/+33/+34 (+44/+50/+51 vs. spells and spell-like abilities)
Oak Full-Round: Extended Maximized Lion's Roar (Spell Compendium page 133): Opponents in a 120 foot radius burst are stunned for 2 rounds and take 80 Sonic damage (Fort DC 27 negates the stun and halves the damage). All allies in the same radius gain +1 Morale to attack rolls and saves against fear, plus 28 temporary HP (duration of 60 minutes).

Deling Etotin Dunturn (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=347714) Raging HP: 584(+28 temp)/584, Raging AC 28 (T 14, FF 22), Raging saves +39/+27/+29 (+33 vs. Enchantments)
Oh, and the Initmidate check for Terrifying Rage (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/feats.htm#terrifyingRage): (assuming the Solars aren't immune to fear from a Heroes' Feast or some such). This is a non-action.

DED Full-Round: Full Attack, Power Attacking for 20 again:
[roll1]|[roll2] slashing, [roll]+1d6 Electricity
|[roll4] slashing, [roll]+1d6 Electricity
|[roll6] slashing, [roll]+1d6 Electricity
|[roll8] slashing, [roll]+1d6 Electricity
[/table]
Again, all hits are Wounding. If there aren't any conscious angels in range, he'll move and attack, so ignore all but the first attack, there.

bindin garoth
2011-12-05, 04:52 PM
Gar's flesh twists and turns, becoming slightly discolored as two more tentacles sprout from his shoulders. His eyes become pitch black as he quickly moves behind the solars and attacks.

Move into a flanking position with the barbarian.

Swf action: Activate Displacer beast mark, giving me +4 str, +4 con,become lawful evil with the [evil] subtype, and gain an additional two tentacles. All tentacles gain +10ft reach.

Move action: Move into a position to flank with the barbarian for my sneak attack. I can sneak attac outsiders freely.

Standard action: Attack with the longsword. I was thinking of another character when I said morningstar before :smallredface:
Att:[roll0] + 2 from strength bonus = 66
Damage: [roll1] + 2 from strength bonus =44
Sneak attack damage: [roll2]
I forgot to mention that when you attack me you'll need to roll against a 48% miss chance.

Stats:
HP:890 (950 from displacer beast mark)
AC:94 FF:86 Touch:73 (+4 against outsiders).
Saves: F/R/W = 52/63/55 (+4 against outsiders)
SR 40, DR 25/cold iron
22 Fast healing while on ground.

Jack_Simth
2011-12-08, 06:36 PM
Crit Threat Confirmation rolls for DED:
{table=head]Attack|Extra Damage
[roll0]|[roll1] slashing and [roll2] Electricity, and [roll3] sonic
[roll4]|[roll5] slashing and [roll6] Electricity, and [roll7] sonic
[/table]
All hits are wounding.

And I just noticed I didn't roll the original electrical damage correctly. Hmm. Well, easy enough to fix: [roll8] - one die per roll.

SR penetration on Lion's Roar:
[roll9]

Sir_Chivalry
2011-12-19, 08:24 PM
There are now only four solars left not pinned or dead.

They try and fail to dominate.

Jack_Simth
2011-12-20, 07:54 AM
Oak considers, and mentally asks Gar a question through the telepathic bond "How certain are we that these things are actually angels? They've attempted Domination twice, now, and that's not a cleric's spell. Sure, it could be a domain, but that wouldn't be happening repeatedly from the same caster." as Oak takes some time to examine them carefully. Meanwhile, the borrowed barbarian, having not heard anything different and very eager to not go back to his eternal punishment just yet, steps up and starts digging in to the next opponent.

HP: 713 (+28 temp)/713, AC 53 (T 34 FF 47), saves +27/+33/+34 (+44/+50/+51 vs. spells and spell-like abilities)
OAK standard: Divine Insight (Spell Compendium, basically grants a +15 to one roll in the hours/level duration)
OAK move: retry a Spot check to detect anything "off" about the angels' appearance. Burning Divine Insight's bonus on the check: [roll0]. Additionally: True Seeing, but just in case you've got a trump card for that, also rolling Will vs. any Illusion spell effect that might apply: [roll1] (note: Pride domain, so if this is a 1, I just reroll)

Deling Etotin Dunturn (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=347714) Raging HP: 584 (+28 temp)/584, Raging AC 28 (T 14, FF 22), Raging saves +39/+27/+29 (+33 vs. Enchantments)
DED Full-round: Full attack, Power Attacking for 20:
[roll2]|[roll3] slashing, [roll4] electricity
[roll5]|[roll6] slashing, [roll7] electricity
[roll8]|[roll9] slashing, [roll10] electricity
[roll11]|[roll12] slashing, [roll13] electricity
[/table]
Edit: Oh yes, and all hits are still Wounding.

Jack_Simth
2011-12-20, 07:57 AM
DED crit threat:
[roll0]|[roll1] slashing, [roll2] electricity, [roll3] sonic, and Fort save or be deafened (negligible DC, though)
[/table]
Edit: Oh yes, and Wounding.

bindin garoth
2011-12-20, 08:15 AM
Not sure. I guess we'll just have to find out when we kill them all!" Nex says back, clearly not too concerned with the dominate and continues his attacking spree.

Knowledge(religion) [roll0] to see if I know about the solars have regeneration.

Swift action to charge my weapons with netherchannel, adding 15d6 damage to all attacks (negative energy).

Longsword attacks:

Att1:[roll1]
Dam1:[roll2]
Netherchannel1:[roll3]
Sneak attack1(if still in position):[roll4]

Att2:[roll5]
Dam2:[roll6]
Netherchannel2:[roll7]
Sneak attack2(if still in position):[roll8]

Att3:[roll9]
Dam3:[roll10]
Netherchannel3:[roll11]
Sneak attack3(if still in position):[roll12]

Att4:[roll13]
Dam4:[roll14]
Netherchannel4:[roll15]
Sneak attack4(if still in position):[roll16]

Mark of the Solar weapon copy:

Att1:[roll17]
Dam1:[roll18]
Netherchannel1:[roll19]
Sneak attack1(if still in position):[roll20]

Att2:[roll21]
Dam2:[roll22]
Netherchannel2:[roll23]
Sneak attack2(if still in position):[roll24]

Att3:[roll25]
Dam3:[roll26]
Netherchannel3:[roll27]
Sneak attack3(if still in position):[roll28]

Att4:[roll29]
Dam4:[roll30]
Netherchannel4:[roll31]
Sneak attack4(if still in position):[roll32]

Tentacles:

Att1:[roll33]
Dam1:[roll34]
Netherchannel:[roll35]
Sneak Attack:[roll36]

Att2:[roll37]
Dam2:[roll38]
Netherchannel:[roll39]
Sneak Attack:[roll40]

Att3:[roll41]
Dam31:[roll42]
Netherchannel:[roll43]
Sneak Attack:[roll44]

Att4:[roll45]
Dam4:[roll46]
Netherchannel:[roll47]
Sneak Attack:[roll48]

Rending (if 2 or more tentacles hit the same target)

rend 1:[roll49]

Rend2:[roll50]

Stats:
HP:890 (950 from displacer beast mark)
AC:94 FF:86 Touch:73 (+4 against outsiders).
Saves: F/R/W = 52/63/55 (+4 against outsiders)
SR 40, DR 25/cold iron
22 Fast healing while on ground.

Current effects:
Mark of the Displacer Beast: +4 str, +4 con, 2 more tentacle attacks (4 total).
Mark of the Solar: Have a second copy of my weapon, attacks when I do.

bindin garoth
2011-12-20, 08:17 AM
Crit confirm (Att 2 main weapon):

[roll0]

Jack_Simth
2011-12-25, 09:26 AM
Oak considers how, in times of great stress, time sometimes seems to stand still....