PDA

View Full Version : Homebrew Playtest IC

Ninja_Grand
2011-11-15, 11:03 AM
[All out of OOC's must be in brackets or (). Please post in color.)

You are all abord the airship Glory bolt. Its a transport but it has some wepons.

The party lighty knows each other [Skim backstorys] and has decided to go with each-other

[Also ansenswer this, Rural or Urban?]

NeoSeraphi
2011-11-15, 01:36 PM
[Alastar will be posting in Lime]

Alastar stood on the transport airship, the [i]Glory Bolt. He looked down at the pouch in his hand. He remembered the last things that had happened before he got on the airship. His explanation to the head cleric about his conference with The King. The gathering of his master's ashes...and Marian's last words to him.

He had walked up to her, crying in the garden, and offered her the sack. "It's not much, Lady Marian, but this is all that remains of Sir Yasta. He would have wanted you to have it."

She had looked up at him, tears in her eyes, and thrown her arms around him. Alastar had blinked, feeling very uncomfortable that the polite, cordial woman was breaking all their city's customs by embracing a man she was not married to. Marian held him tightly and sobbed into his shoulder. Not knowing what to do, Alastar had simply decided to pat her back a little.

Marian finally looked up and said "Sir Yasta was always proud of you. Every time he came to me, he would brag about his valiant and strong squire who was going to replace him when he retired. He always wanted you to be knighted."

Alastar was taken aback by her words, and by what came next. Her soft hands cupped his fingers and pushed them over his palm, closing them around the bag. "Take this with you. Sir Yasta always wanted to see the world. He kept talking about traveling, once he felt that he could leave the city in your hands. You ended the goblin threat for him. Now the best thing you can do to honor his memory is to show him the world..."

Alastar turned to the samurai standing next to him. "I'm going to make them pay, Kenshin. Everyone in the world who would do to others what those goblins did to me. Life is precious. Anyone who would take it deserves the same fate, and nothing less."

The two warriors were standing next to each other on the airship, watching the clouds roll by.

[Sorry for the slight powerplay, Travel. If it bothers you, I'll edit. I just wanted to help set the scene a little bit and it seemed like Alastar and Kenshin would get along, so I figured having them interacting at the opening would make sense]

TravelLog
2011-11-15, 02:08 PM
[Either one is fine, though rural may offer greater enemy variety. Kenshin will be posting in Dark Slate Gray]

Kenshin

As the man beside him spoke, and the clouds passed as the ship propelled itself forward, Kenshin said nothing. He was a quiet man, and rather somber, though on occasion his mood would lighten and he would smile. But those times passed quickly, and his somber silence would reassertion itself.

When Alastar finished his reminiscence, and went on to speak, Kenshin simply listened, his eyes never leaving a flock of birds which he had been watching, flying some distance below.

There was a long silence, though Kenshin took notice of the time that was passing. It was, in the end, all the same.

After the long interval, the Kensei, his gray eyes revealing nothing of his thoughts, spoke in a voice that was devoid of everything except the touch of a late autumn breeze. It was an old, distant voice, though the man to whom it belonged could be no older than his mid-thirties at the outset.

"Let me tell you something of revenge, Alastar. A tale related to me by my master."

Without waiting for a response from his companion, Kenshin continued, his eyes still facing the open sky.

"Once, it is said, there were three young men, all of whom studied under the same master in their quest to understand the Way of the Sword." He paused for a moment, then continued. "The first of these students was by far the most driven, and his raw strength was something even the master could not help but admire. The second student was the fastest, and, in the estimation of the other two, also the most intelligent, though he himself did not believe this to be true. The third student was neither the fastest nor the strongest, and neither was he the most clever. In all ways, he was no match for the other two. He was, however, the most admired, both by the master and the other two."

For the first time, Kenshin looked over at the man standing next to him. "Do you know why that is Alastar? Would you like to know why?"

Ninja_Grand
2011-11-15, 09:56 PM
[Rural:.5 Urban:1.5. Waiting for the rest to post.]

You hear the capi'tan yell from the top deck "Were Approaching teh Azure City! Grab your stuff!".

Wyntonian
2011-11-15, 10:25 PM
[I'll vote Rural. Make my farmboy feel at home. However, don't let that sway the vote if someone really has a strong preference. Call it a .5 vote. Also, I'd like an olive green]

Atticus Verum

Atticus's rangy, lanky form, draped in flannel and denim, laid along the deck of the ship as he dozed in the sun. A backpack, uncomfortably stuffed with armor alongside ordinary travelstuffs, made a pillow. The spear leaning next to him was more frequently used as a walking stick than a weapon, but a persistent dark stain below the head had defeated his best efforts to clean it off. A near-happy smile was shimmering across his roughly unshaven face. Atticus left his eyes mostly closed as he pondered the rhetorical question. Recent experiences with the danger of the spoken word has left him quiet, but it felt rather safe to respond to this. No danger of the swordsman dying from hearing his words. Not much of one, anyway.

After a contemplative pause, "I'd guess that the last kid had a rather pretty sweetheart." He waits for a response that need not come. "Is that it? No? Well, I'd say that although the third young man was neither the strongest, fastest nor smartest, he may have possessed any of a number of admirable details. Resiliency of will, a sense of justice, the courage to do what's right... There's plenty of things as admirable or more so than putting a yard of steel through someone... No offense, Kenshin."

Noctis Vigil
2011-11-15, 11:42 PM
[Sorry I missed the checkered flag, guys. Work and all. I vote rural, personally. And Roric will be orange.]

The strange looking dwarf sitting next to the others chuckles. "I guess that he was fergivin', judgin' by tha moral o' tha story that's clearly comin'." He hauls himself up, chain jingling, and slings his pack over his back, then grabs his shield, the front of which is emblazoned with a hammer with a closed eye on its head, his family's symbol. He looks at Alastar and claps him on the back with his free hand. "Remember, laddie, revenge be a fine thing, but don't be goin' outside tha bounds o' reason er law fer it. An' keep in mind it's a path what leads ta death, often as not. Don't be takin' more revenge than ya rightly have a claim ta."

TravelLog
2011-11-16, 12:10 AM
Kenshin

Without changing his expression, Kenshin continues. "The third student was the favorite for many reasons, but most of all, it was because, of all the three, only he was truly happy with himself and his world. Each of the others, including the master, sought something outside himself, rather than something within. This is why he was the one who the others looked to."

For a moment, it looked as if Kenshin would say more, but a shadow seemed to flicker over his eyes, and his voice died in his throat. He would say no more on the topic for some time to come.

NeoSeraphi
2011-11-16, 02:32 AM
Alastar

Alastar listened to Kenshin's tale silently and then to the others chiming in. "Yes, well, I used to have everything I wanted, Kenshin. I used to be happy with my life. And then someone took that from me."

He heard Roric chiming in and glanced at him, his eyes narrowing, but then he closed them and nodded. "But of course. If I acted outside of the law, I would be no better than the scum who I am punishing. However, the authority that I respect is that of The King's, not of a corrupt government. I hope you can understand that, Sir Dwarf."

The captain called that they were heading into Azure City. Alastar set the bag back onto his belt and picked up his weapon, speaking to Kenshin again. "Looks like we've reached our destination, Samurai. I hope this city brings you the answers you're looking for."

TravelLog
2011-11-16, 02:45 AM
Kenshin

Still staring out the window, Kenshin allowed himself to rest in the depths of the silence, to taste, if only for a moment, the tranquility it offered. He turned to Alastar with regretful, yet hardened eyes. "I do not seek answers Alastar. Answers will come to me if they so wish." Kenshin laid his hands gently on the hilts of his swords, allowing his arm's weight to rest against them.

"I seek nothing beyond a single man, and something I promised myself long ago. I have long since washed the blood of needless violence from my sword, and cleansed the thoughts of anger, of bitterness, from my heart. Would that you might do the same."

And with that, Kenshin closed his eyes in meditation.

Noctis Vigil
2011-11-16, 03:49 AM
Roric laughs. "Atch, I'm no knight ta be called 'Sir'. Call me Roric. As fer yer respect o' tha gods, I'm not highly religious, but I do offer a prayer now an' then. Tend ta lean more towards Altarch an' Curacardi, m'self. I tend ta see it as not my place ta be killin' if I can avoid it; not my place ta judge, ya know? That falls ta tha gods themselves, not ta mortal hands. I do be hopin' ye find what ye seek in tha city, lad." His smile becomes a little sad. "I pray ye never take tha light o' happiness ye had stolen from ye from tha eyes o' another on yer quest fer revenge, but good luck none tha less."

Ninja_Grand
2011-11-16, 09:52 AM
[Rural wins. working on first fight now.]

Wyntonian
2011-11-16, 06:07 PM
Atticus

Atticus moans faintly, rolls to his feet and hefts his backpack. After a moment's consideration, he puts on his armor, and a leather jacket over it. Leaning on the spear, he sticks his head precariously far over the side of the ship, watching the city approach. "I heard they have some pretty nice libraries here. Old Man 'Relius told me I should give them a look if I ever passed through. Best damn guy I ever talked to. Helped me get past killing those folks back home."

NeoSeraphi
2011-11-18, 04:52 AM
Alastar

Alastar silently nodded at Roric's words and looked out the window at the city below. "Azure City...We're here. Guess all I can do now is visit the temple. Hopefully The King isn't too unpopular with the clerics here." He closed his eyes and whispered a wordless prayer, before steeling his resolve.

Alastar opened his eyes and turned to Kenshin. "My destination is the temple. Would you care to join me, Kenshin? They have such lovely architecture, and the art on the walls is of the greatest beauty in the land." His face bore a genuine smile, and betrayed his excitement. Alastar had heard tales from the clerics about the larger temples, and how vast and grand they were. He was eager to inspect the monuments and statues to the various gods and compare them with the small idol from his home.

Catching himself in his youthful spirit, Alastar cleared his throat and turned to Roric. "Of course, you are more than welcome to join us as well, if you like, Roric." His tone was friendly and sincere.

TravelLog
2011-11-18, 09:15 AM
Kenshin

The Kensei looked at Alastar speculatively for a moment, then nodded. "I would be honored to accompany you." And having said this, Kenshin spoke no further, his gray-blue eyes boring into Alastar and Roric, seeking to uncover what lay within, cutting to their core as if his eyes were instead the twin katanas he wore sheathed at his waist.

Noctis Vigil
2011-11-18, 04:38 PM
Roric nods. "Aye, that sounds most interestin', I'll join ye. Perhaps ye can join me at the temple o' Curacardi later, too. I hear it's most spectacular in Azure. If not that, then perhaps ye can join us fer a quick drink afore turnin' in this evenin'." He grabs his stone warhammer and hefts it in his free hand. "What brings ye ta Azure, if I may be askin', lad? Got some specific goal, or jest trav'lin' on your mission thing?"

NeoSeraphi
2011-11-18, 09:13 PM
Alastar

Alastar nodded as both men accepted his invitation. Looking out the window, he pointed towards the south end of the city. "If I read my map correctly, that is where the temple is located." He turned back to the dwarf and the samurai and brushed the hair out of his face. "A drink sounds good, Roric, and your offer to join you in your temple is most appreciated. The town that I came from was pretty small, so I have never had a chance to learn about the other gods of the world. It should be interesting."

Roric asked Alastar about his destination. Alastar sighed and looked down at his fist. It glowed black for a moment, a small burst of power irradiating from it, and then it stopped and he unclenched his hand and stared at his bare palm. "I am no cleric," he said quietly, his eyes not leaving his hand, "yet I have some kind of innate gift for magic. I can hear The King's voice. He speaks to me. He has granted me this power, and yet...all I can do with it is wither and destroy."

Lowering his fist, Alastar looked up at Roric and smiled. "When there are so many other people The King bestows His blessings upon, it seems strange to think this, but I believe that I was chosen to do something specific. My hands may not be able to heal, but they can wield a sword as well as any warrior. I have this power for a reason, and I intend to find out what it is."

Alastar stopped talking and blushed a bit, rubbing the back of his head sheepishly. "Er, sorry. Didn't mean to go off on a tangent there. To be honest, I'm not used to being around other people yet. If I say something that annoys or offends you, I apologize."

Noctis Vigil
2011-11-18, 10:41 PM
Roric grins. "Yer a lot like me, lad. Left me home ta discover why I'm dif'rent. Most dwarves ain't coppery an' slightly scaled with no beards, ya know? Seems there's dragon in me some'eres. An' tha Earth Dream gave me dif'rent gifts then tha rest o' tha tribe." He hefts his warhammer and focuses to show the power that coalesces around the head for a moment, then dismisses it the power from his weapon. "Not quite sure what ta make o' it. Heard there was a copper dragon 'round these parts, decided I'd try ta visit."

Wyntonian
2011-11-19, 12:46 PM
Atticus

Atticus listens closely before responding. "I can't claim any truly impressive powers or gifts from gods, but I killed three men by speaking to them, and I'm trying to figure out how I did it, and if I can do anything but kill with it. That would be nice."

Ninja_Grand
2011-11-20, 05:11 PM
The ship lands and the capi'tan calls down "Azure city! All off!."

When you get off the ship, you see you are at the airdock in the west of the city. The main entrance is says "Welcome to the Sapphire of the Land". There are 3 roads ahead. Left is the market, middle is the castle, right is the temple.

(Noctis Vigil, Can you give me a source on Dream dwarfs?)

Noctis Vigil
2011-11-20, 10:08 PM
(Races of Stone, page 88. Are those roads marked as such, or can we see where they go? Or are we guessing which way we're heading?)

Wyntonian
2011-11-21, 12:35 AM
Atticus

Atticus hefts his bag and leans on his spear, glancing at his shipmates. "Got a preference? I'll be headed to the library or college or some such eventually, but I'd be happy to join you for a trip to the temple and a drink first. Give me a chance to get acclimated to something so...big..."

NeoSeraphi
2011-11-21, 12:49 AM
Alastar

Alastar took the small sack of his possessions and disboarded, looking into the city with awe. "I must say...it looked smaller from the skies," he commented, a bit intimidated by the city's sheer size.

Atticus spoke up, and Alastar smiled. "The more the merrier, of course! It's better for us all not to get separated anyway. I don't know how a city like this would react to seeing a dwarf so far from the mountains...er..." he quickly glanced over at Roric to make sure that comment didn't offend him, before continuing, "Let alone Kenshin and myself, who look...strange...to say the least."

Alastar glanced at the signs and nodded. "I apologize for attempting to shanghai you all, but if no one else has any pressing business, I really must visit the temple immediately. Anyone who wishes to join me had better do so." His tone was half-authoritative, half-apologetic. With that, he turned his back on the group and took the right road, marching forward towards the Temple.

TravelLog
2011-11-21, 01:20 AM
Kenshin

Throughout Alastar's speech, Kenshin bore a slight smile on his face, as if the idea of needing the approval of the townsfolk amused him on a personal level. As his companion proceeded to walk on the path towards the temple, Kenshin moved alongside him.

"I would join you," he said. "There is much that can be said for trying to find answers, whatever they may be."

Knowing that the subject may be a sensitive one, Kenshin said no more, and allowed the silence to walk beside them.

OOC:

Kenshin is actually relatively human looking. The only difference is that he has a slight blueish-purple tinge to his skin. Other than that he is a tan human. The only other oddity are his eyes, which are a silvery ice-blue. Perhaps you were referring to the fact that he is clearly armed?

NeoSeraphi
2011-11-21, 01:52 AM
OOC:

You don't think a blueish tinge to your skin looks strange to anyone? Aasimar and zenthyri look basically like mutated humans. They're not quite different-looking enough for people to assume that they're a different race, but not quite human either. To me, that would be more unnerving than seeing an elf or a dwarf.

Also, as Nick said, there is no such thing as a "justicar" in the world. IC, Alastar would have introduced himself as a paladin. Just so you all know.

Noctis Vigil
2011-11-21, 03:33 AM
OOC:
Roric would most likely have introduced himself as an unspecified warrior type, as he doesn't know more about his powers (or that anyone else shares them).

Roric chuckles. "Aye, let's stick tagether like tha group o' oddities that we are. Remind me never ta ask ye fer a motivational speech, lad." He hefts his warhammer over one shoulder and follows after Alastar.

Ninja_Grand
2011-11-21, 08:36 AM
[roads are marked by sign.]

[Temple party]

As you walk into the temple district you see a small castle. It has a symble but you need to think about it first [I cant see sheets. at school.]. But out side is a shrine with a marble half black and half white orb floteing above it by 5 feat. Its suronded by a fire, a small tornado, a acidic rock, and a fouten.

there are 9 symbles on a shrine too. there semes to be a sevice rite now.

NeoSeraphi
2011-11-21, 01:18 PM
Alastar

As Alastar walked into the temple district, he saw a fire burning and immediately jumped back in surprise, glancing around for anyone who might be hurt. Then he realized the fire was contained...as was the tornado spinning opposite it!

"Check it out!" Alastar said in awe, walking into the space near them. He pointed at the fire, "Fire," he pointed at the tornado "Air", he pointed at the fountain "Water", and then at the rock "Earth"

Stepping back and taking them all in, along with the symbols, Alastar was very impressed. "The four elements are represented, and they surround this symbol...I wonder what that could mean?"

Noctis Vigil
2011-11-21, 02:51 PM
(Rolling for K(Religion) to figure the symbols/signs/religion out: [roll0] +2)

TravelLog
2011-11-21, 02:55 PM
Kenshin

Looking at the floating symbol, Kenshin shakes his head in disapproval. "All of the elements are not represented here. Perhaps the most important of all has been neglected. Void. The beginning, and the end, of all things. To forget the Void is to dishonor both life, ad death."

Wyntonian
2011-11-21, 07:46 PM
Atticus

Atticus ponders the shrine for a moment. "Actually... I believe that the black marble parts of the orb may be meant to represent the void. Bugger me blind though, this whole manner of worship is new. Reverend 'Relius never talked about this stuff. 'S powerful odd, worshiping elements. They never did me any good. They're nothing like a god."

Ninja_Grand
2011-11-21, 09:55 PM
(Rolling for K(Religion) to figure the symbols/signs/religion out: [roll0] +2)

You remember that this is the large shrine to The Court, But why the symbols you can not remmber. Its also the main shrine to The court.

As you look at the shrine, A elf cleric walks up to you. He is dressed in robes differnt form the others. "Magnificent, is it not? Have you and..." He pauses. "I assume you companions have come to worship?"

NeoSeraphi
2011-11-22, 02:44 AM
Alastar

A cleric of the temple walked forward and greeted the group. Alastar smiled and bowed respectfully, the holy symbol of The King displayed clearly on a pendant around his neck.

"Hello, Brother. My name is Alastar. I am a paladin, faithfully serving The King. This is Kenshin, a noble warrior of the Sublime Way. Atticus, a wanderer. Roric Strongarm, a dwarf who walks the realm of the Dreams. And we have come...not exactly to worship, but rather, to learn."

Remembering himself, Alastar quickly dug into his coin purse and produced five gold coins, holding them out to the elf. "Please accept this offering to the church. I hope that it is enough to convey all of our gratitude, not only my own."

Alastar gestured to the shrine. "These elements truly are wondrous, though. It never ceases to amaze me how truly gifted The Divine are. I must meet the cleric who created that tornado!"

Noctis Vigil
2011-11-22, 03:20 AM
Roric also pulls out a couple of gold. "Aye, we be here ta learn. I have a couple o' specific questions I'd like ta ask, if ye have someone who can spare a moment."

Ninja_Grand
2011-11-22, 09:32 AM
"Thank you." The elf bows an takes the gold. "I do too enjoy the shirne. It represents The Court in full and was made by arcane and diven powers. You see, The court is not one god but six. Each is a devine eleamental form the planes. The orb is the Posative and Negative elemental. He stops then speaks qwickly "But I see you hare worshiping the king, so you need not my tales".The elf spots one of his pupuils and yells "Jar'tuk! Please help these travlers! I must put the gold in the cofffers!"[I think thats the rite word.]

A half orc, tall and strong runs over "How may I severe you?". He gets down on one knee and draws a star on the ground with his nail.

[Please make a K(religoin) roll]

NeoSeraphi
2011-11-22, 11:28 AM
OOC:

Dear Asmodeus, Nick, I hope that half-orc actually meant to say "How may I serve you" :smalleek:

TravelLog
2011-11-22, 12:16 PM
OOC:
I was desperately hoping the same thing.

Ninja_Grand
2011-11-22, 12:39 PM
OOC:

Dear Asmodeus, Nick, I hope that half-orc actually meant to say "How may I serve you" :smalleek:

[Yes he did. I have no spellcheck on the school comp. damn IE]

Noctis Vigil
2011-11-22, 01:42 PM
(K(Religion): [roll0])

Ninja_Grand
2011-11-22, 03:00 PM
That is the standerd greating for cleircs of Dmaia [CE god]

NeoSeraphi
2011-11-22, 06:47 PM
Alastar smiled. "No no no! That was all quite interesting! Thank you for your help!" he called after the cleric, before turning to the half-orc who approached them.

Alastar nodded to Roric. "This is Roric Strongarm. I believe he was looking to ask some questions of a learned individual. Roric?" He stepped back and turned to the orb, with the swirls of positive and negative energy.

"Life and death intertwined...the very essence of divine magic..." Alastar whispered softly, his hands crackling with negative energy again. His expression turned to one of confused sorrow, before he shook his head and turned to Kenshin with a smile plastered on his face. "Well, there you go, Kenshin. The Void is well represented by the Court, wouldn't you say?"

TravelLog
2011-11-22, 07:02 PM
Kenshin

At Alastar's words, Kenshin smiled gently and dipped his head in acknowledgement. "It does indeed appear so." He then turned to the priest, and began assessing the man with his ice-blue eyes. He bowed. "Truly, I must ask your forgiveness for speaking without knowledge. My apologies, good priest."

Next, Kenshin turns to the Orc who had come to greet them. "And you. I hope you do not mean what you said, as being severed would be most unpleasant."

Ninja_Grand
2011-11-22, 09:21 PM
[Just for that, Im not using spell check for him :smallamused:]

"Please fogive meh. My speek is new. I just leaned Common's." He smiles, you can glimpse his teeth which are blood red. "So how can I yelp you? form what I can here, you need the liebrary"

[bout time i describe him. He is dressed in black and red vestments, but they are studed with steel. He is rather tall and very lean for a half orc. almost a muscular human]

[also, I need to hand out campain note. no need for DC 0 checks]

Wyntonian
2011-11-22, 10:49 PM
Atticus

Atticus smiles like an enthusiastic schoolboy. "That's correct, sir. I'd love to see the Azure City libraries I've heard so much about. I have some serious research to do."

Noctis Vigil
2011-11-22, 11:26 PM
Roric recognizes the greeting; it's not his first meeting with Dmaia's followers. Still, the orc doesn't seem evil, and there's no reason not to be civil. He gives the orc a polite Dream Dwarf greeting: "May tha Earth Dream bless ye. I'm not sure tha libraries here 'bouts would have what I be needin'; seemed smart ta ask first. Does anyone here be specializin' in tha knowledge er study o' dragons?"

NeoSeraphi
2011-11-23, 02:39 AM
Alastar

Alastar raised an eyebrow. "The library? Er, no thanks. I promised to show Kenshin the architecture here. Besides, I'm really eager to actually look around the temple and see your various altars and statues."

Alastar turned to Kenshin. "That is, of course, assuming my companion has no questions he needs answered. If you too, wish to join the research, then of course I would be happy to accompany you all."

Ninja_Grand
2011-11-24, 10:03 PM
"Er...Not know. Try the asking others, For my head is very blurry." The orc's eyes seem to shift to a full black color, sorta like the dire sharks in the hunt.

[In respondes to Rorics inquiry]

TravelLog
2011-11-25, 12:01 PM
Kenshin

At Alastar's question, Kenshin shook his head. "I have no questions for the moment. Though," he says, turning to the priest, "I hope that should I have any later, you might be willing to answer."

The priest nodded his acceptance, and so Kenshin once more looked expectantly and patiently at Alastar, allowing his companion to take the lead as desired.

NeoSeraphi
2011-11-25, 12:10 PM
Alastar grinned and pointed towards the main entrance of the temple. "Well then, I guess we'll see you all later. Atticus, I hope you find what you're looking for. In the meantime, try not to say the exact word combination that killed those three guys. Roric, I also wish the best for you, and I hope you can easily sort out what is myth and what is fact about the dragons in those books. As for us, we'll be heading into the temple halls, which lead to the main altar. I need to seek guidance from The Court. Perhaps They can offer me some insight."

Alastar strode towards the temple doors and with a heavy shove, pushed them open. "We'll meet up with you two in about an hour, okay? If you need any help, we'll be easy to find." He gestured to Kenshin to follow him.

Ninja_Grand
2011-11-26, 01:30 PM
(I will now divide posts by group! Also I some WIP notes that will be in the OOC! YAY!)

Kenshi and Alastar
As you walk in the The Hall, You can see the shrine to the king dead ahead, and other shrines around. To the left you can see the Holy gods, an to the right Unholy.

Roric
[You havent posted a responds]

Atticus
Your heading to the library, lead by a human.

Noctis Vigil
2011-11-27, 01:30 AM
Roric nods. "Thank ye fer yer time, then. I'll be askin' tha others." He turns and looks for a free clerical-type person to ask.

(Nick, I'm not sure what's proper RP etiquette here. Do I just say I have him nab a dude who doesn't look busy?)

Ninja_Grand
2011-11-27, 06:11 PM
[Well, It depends on your char. If he is stubborn then try and find it on you own, but if he is nervous then ask someone.]

Noctis Vigil
2011-11-27, 10:23 PM
Roric nabs someone who doesn't look busy. "Pardon, but I'm lookin' fer someone what knows 'bout dragons. Ye know anyone here what fits that bill?"

Ninja_Grand
2011-11-28, 10:02 AM
"Hmmmm....Try the magnus guild that shode help" He gives you a peace of paper with the adress.

NeoSeraphi
2011-11-29, 12:02 AM
Alastar

Alastar ran forward, gazing upon the tall marble statues, his eyes lit up with excitement. "This is...magnificent! Absolutely breathtaking! We had nothing like this back home! My village's altar was a simple shrine with a small statue...but this..."

Alastar bowed respectfully to each statue they passed, until he reached the altar to the Court. Gazing up at it, he glanced back at Kenshin with an apologetic smile. "I'll try to keep this short, but to be honest I have no idea how long it will take."

He clasped his hands together and knelt before the statue.

In-Character, but Private- Nick's Eyes Only

Silently, in his mind
"Blessed are the names of the six Gods and Goddesses who make up The Court. Blessed are the Earth, Water, Air and Fire, as well as the Positive and Negative Energy, that make up this world. If You deign to answer my prayer, I am Alastar, Paladin of The King, and I seek divine guidance. My world has been thrown into disarray. I seek only to repent for the sin of hesitation. The sin of naivete. Had I been wiser, or stronger, or more vocal, I would have stood up to Sir Yasta's call for peace, and stopped the goblins from assassinating him. It is my fault he is dead, and mine alone. And so I have been blessed with the power of The King, and yet, I do not understand it. Many, many times I have tried to call upon his power to restore life to the fallen, or to heal the wounds of my comrades. I have studied clerical texts, and requested teachings on every type of spell that the priests had to offer. But nothing has worked, save the ability to hasten a creature's last breath.

...I want to know my path. But it is clouded. I walk alone, and no one seems to know who I am or what this gift is for. Please, I know I do not follow You, but if You have any insight, anything at all that could be of help, I beg You to share it with me. Humbly I pray Your name, Alastar of The King."

TravelLog
2011-11-29, 12:33 AM
Kenshin

The entire journey towards the altar, Kenshin simply observed, speaking not at all. His was an introspective mind, an independent soul intrigued by the mysteries of its own depths.

He heard the excitement in his companion's voice, and while he did not share it--the Kensei was not one for such powerful reactions--he looked upon it with gentle contentment, pleased that Alastar found such marvel in the Court.

"I shall wait here and meditate. Take the time you require."

NeoSeraphi: I'm sorry to ask this, but could you pick a different color? Maybe just a darker green? This one burns my eyes...

Again, sorry I had to bring it up. :smallredface:

Ninja_Grand
2011-11-29, 11:41 AM
Alastar and Kenshin
NeoSeraphi only
[Awesome prayer. You get 300Xp]
As you end you prayer, a statue made of onyx representing the negative energy part of the court glows and hits you with a small bolt in the head and you hear a voice "You must judge them....." the voice silents and you feel sick [roll for fort]

Roric
Noctis Vigil only
As you reach the address you see what looks like a tavern but you can see a sign saying "Magnus Guild". Someone sees you looking at the sign and asks "How can I help you, Earth Dreamer?"

NeoSeraphi
2011-11-29, 02:27 PM
Alastar

As Alastar concentrated, his eyes closed and his prayer complete, he felt a sense of danger. Alastar opened his eyes in time to see the onyx statue that represented Negative Energy glow. It shot out a small bolt of power that struck Alastar in the head.

The statue spoke to him, and Alastar fell back, clutching his head, feeling both shocked, and a little nauseated. He groaned, trying to force himself to get to his feet.

Fortitude Save: [roll0]

Noctis Vigil
2011-11-29, 06:24 PM
Roric turns to the man. "I'm lookin' fer someone what can tell me somethin' 'bout dragons. Got anyone ta fit that bill here?"

TravelLog
2011-11-29, 10:17 PM
Kenshin

Seeing his companion in distress, Kenshin rushes over to his side. He moves so quickly, it is hard to see him between the point where he rose and his destination at his friend's shoulder. "Are you well? What happened?"

Wyntonian
2011-11-29, 10:57 PM
Atticus

Atticus leaps forward, trying to catch Alastar before he hits the ground. Crouching beside him, he glared at the nearest priest, his hand conspicuously on the sickle through his belt and wishing he hadn't leaned his spear near the door. "What the hell's the meaning of this? What kind of crazy god do you people worship, that shoots at people who pray to it?" His lips moved almost subconsciously, forming the healing words he learned from the one priest he had trusted. Considering as the warrior was groaning and trying to stand, they probably wouldn't be needed... probably.

Ninja_Grand
2011-11-30, 09:12 AM
[You pass you fort save]

Church party
As you clear your head you find you have no wounds, just a feeling of bliss. Seeing the event take fold many pepole are bowing before Alastar. A cleric that is obviously the lord of the church runs over and asks "What did he say! Are you the Judge?"

Roric
He chuckles "Why, that be me! Roy Silverscale, What do you need to know?" You can see shimer in his eye when he says his name.

Wyntonian
2011-11-30, 10:18 AM
Atticus

Attacis steps back slowly, lightly in shock. He rubs a hand over his rough face and murmurs, "What is this? I don't even..." Shaking his head slowly, he goes to await his companions outside, taking his spear as he goes.

NeoSeraphi
2011-11-30, 02:38 PM
Alastar

Alastar got to his feet slowly, nodding at Atticus. "I'm fine, guys. It was a bit of a strange experience, but I don't actually feel bad. Feels more like a strong connection was made."

A priest ran over and barraged him with questions. "I'm no 'judge', but as for what they said to me..."

Alastar closed his eyes, trying to recall. When he spoke, it wasn't his voice, but something much deeper and more authoritative, as if he was possessed and a much older being was speaking through him. "You must judge them..."

Alastar opened his eyes. "Hmm...I wonder what the Court means by "them"?"

Noctis Vigil
2011-11-30, 05:49 PM
Roric grins. "I be wantin' ta know everything ye can tell me 'bout copper dragons. I'm studyin' me family tree. Is it normal ta inherit strange powers from a dragon bloodline?" He taps the side of his head next to his pupil-less turquoise eyes.

Ninja_Grand
2011-12-01, 03:03 PM
"Why, I do think so. Look at the sorrerers! And the half dragons!" He turn to the guild. "You know what! Why dont you ask aa copper dragon! Come on in!" Roy go's off running,ignoreing the fact you are slower then him.

Church party
"Then you are! We must start the The Trial then! You and you compains must come!" He jestures for you and the rest to come.

[Feel free to make a religion roll. I will post in the OOC soon.]

TravelLog
2011-12-01, 03:15 PM
Kenshin

Nodding respectfully, Kenshin lifts Alastar to his feet. "Can you walk on your own?"

With his companion signaling the affirmative, Kenshin moved to follow the priest.

NeoSeraphi
2011-12-01, 03:34 PM
Alastar

Alastar stood up carefully and nodded to Kenshin. "Yes, I can move just fine. It appears that whatever magic struck me was either ineffective, or beneficial."

Glancing up at the priest, Alastar raised his hands in front of Atticus and Kenshin, stopping them both from walking and at the same time appearing protective. "If I am to face a trial, so be it. That is the will of the Court. But leave my friends out of this. They have no reason to be put in danger."

Just remembered, I have ranks in Spellcraft, so I'm going to make a Spellcraft check to try and identify the spell/effect that the statue cast on me.

[roll0]

Wyntonian
2011-12-01, 07:57 PM
Atticus

Atticus hears a voice shouting ominously from within. Ignore it, and the crazy worshipers will be quiet. Don't go in there. Don't check on him. He's a big boy with a sword, with a big boy friend with a sword, they'll be fine. Just don't look inside. They're ok, they're just in a temple that shoots at the people who worship there... They're fine. Probably. Oh hell. This is a bad idea. By the time his monologue is over, he's inside the church again, just in time to hear Alastar volunteering himself for danger, but trying, apparently in vain, to un-volunteer his friends.

Oh, bugger me.

TravelLog
2011-12-01, 09:08 PM
Kenshin

"I am sorry, my friend," he says to Alastar. "I cannot allow you to undertake this trial alone. Many years ago, I watched helplessly as a friend's life was taken from him...far too soon. Never again will I allow such a thing to take place.".

He draws his blades and descends into a fighting stance, body low, arms held slightly backward. "Either you allow me to accompany you, or you do not go at all."

With that Kenshin eyed his companion, resolve etched on his face.

Noctis Vigil
2011-12-01, 11:44 PM
"Why, I do think so. Look at the sorrerers! And the half dragons!" He turn to the guild. "You know what! Why dont you ask aa copper dragon! Come on in!" Roy go's off running,ignoreing the fact you are slower then him.

(The typos, they burn us!)

Roric sets off behind the man with a hollered "Slow down, man! Some o' us got short legs!" Inside, though, he was excited: meet a copper dragon? That was exactly what he wanted!

TravelLog
2011-12-01, 11:46 PM
(The typos, they burn us!)

Roric sets off behind the man with a hollered "Slow down, man! Some o' us got short legs!" Inside, though, he was excited: meet a copper dragon? That was exactly what he wanted!

OOC:

Nick, here is what I recommend. When you write a post, stop. Read it over three or four times. Look up words if you aren't sure of the spelling. Bad grammar and that sort of thing really detract from the overall experience.

You're a good DM, but spelling does, I'm afraid, count. :smallsmile:

NeoSeraphi
2011-12-02, 12:25 AM
Alastar

Alastar hesitated, but lowered his head. "I will not fight you, Kenshin. I am not so blinded by pride that I think myself a superior swordsman, and I do not wish to use my power on an ally." He slumped his shoulders and then stepped forward, walking calmly past Kenshin but placing a reassuring hand on his shoulder.

"Very well. Kenshin and I will face this trial. Atticus, however, has nothing to do with this. I must insist that he be let go so that he may return to the library and inform our other companion about this."

TravelLog
2011-12-02, 02:41 AM
Kenshin

The kensei nodded, relief clear in his ice-blue eyes. In one fluid motion, he returned both of his blades to their sheaths, each one making the sound of drifting wind through a bamboo glade. He smiled.

"Come, my friend. Let us face this trial and discover the truth of our souls and our swords."

Ninja_Grand
2011-12-02, 03:57 PM
"You all must join in the trial." He beckons and two knights push you into area were there are small gems laid out in a ring 60ft in diameter. Many clerics are kneeling, praying to their gods. A statue like the one Alastar saw sits in the center, but bigger. "Please touch the statue paladin." He whispers.

[I got Roric later. Homework............:smallfrown:]

Wyntonian
2011-12-02, 09:01 PM
Atticus

Atticus tries to get the priests' attention, raising his voice slightly. "....Um? Excuse me? I don't have a lot invested in this, but I'd rather not see these folks get hurt....? I'm not a swordsman, but I'm not bad in a fight. Is it too late for me to give them a hand? Hello? I'd like to join them..." With only a slight hesitation, he trots over to Alastar's side. With a quiet voice and a head tilted in, he asks "What the bloody hell's going on? What did I just volunteer for?"

In between words, he takes a small slug of brandy from his concealed flask and replaces it.

NeoSeraphi
2011-12-02, 11:16 PM
Alastar

Alastar glared at Atticus. "Yes, "hell" is definitely a good emphatic word to use when addressing a man of the cloth," he whispered back. "The statue of the Court shocked me when I prayed to it, and now the priests are saying I'm some kind of 'judge' and I must undergo a trial. Not that they could keep us here if we wanted to escape, but if I don't do this I'll be missing out on an opportunity to discover what the Court meant when They spoke to me."

Alastar walked towards the statue and raised his hand. "Challenge accepted!" he declared, and, because something in his gut told him to, he infused his hand with negative energy before placing it on the statue and discharging it.

Just in case the statue has hit points...

[roll0]

Ninja_Grand
2011-12-03, 10:21 AM
As you touch the statue, It shatters and a wave of negative energy pours over the party but stops at the ring. Unfortunately, this happen to raise a Wight and it lunges to attack! [Roll for initiative.]

[roll0]

Ninja_Grand
2011-12-03, 10:39 AM
Rorics eyes only, For sake of organizing.
As you get inside, some sort of noice is comeing form the back. It also happens to be were silverscale is going. He runs out as fast as he can yelling "IT HATCHED! THE LITTLE SNOWBALL HATCHED!" in a terrorfide voice. this "Snowball" happens to be a white dragon! [Roll for initiative] [roll0]

NeoSeraphi
2011-12-03, 01:33 PM
OOC:

Oh, would you look at that! An undead, for my first encounter!...son of a Miko!

Initiative: [roll0]

Alastar stepped back in surprise, raising his blade and shield. He looked back at Kenshin, and then at Atticus, and smiled to himself, before turning to the monster and pointing his blade at it.

"I am Alastar, Paladin of The King! In the name of the six gods of The Court, I will judge your soul, and administer righteous justice! Come!"

Ninja_Grand
2011-12-03, 02:56 PM
Turns
Wyntonian:20
Undead:14
NeoSeraphi:10
TravelLog:4

Wyntonian
2011-12-03, 10:16 PM
Atticus

Atticus takes half a step back as the Wight rises, then pauses, as he recognizes it as a Wight. He recalls his travels with Father Aurelius, the old priest, and hefts his spear, shouting out a word to Alastar that he could not even begin to spell and beginning a subvocalized murmur he had picked up only recently. To his eyes and his alone, the ghostly being began to flicker around the edges, showing him that its life force....unlife force was still too strong to assail with his own powers.

Standard => Move action to use Word of Battle on Alastar, augmenting it enough to make it last 3 rounds (+4 to DC) and increase the effect to +3 to attack/damage (+4), for a total DC of 22. Move action to begin Recitation of the Unclouded Eye, which tells me if the enemy's hp is above or below my absolute limit (15). Recitations are a move action to begin, and require a check to do so (DC 10 for this one), but can be maintained with a swift action and require no check to do so.

Rolling Truespeak to make Word of Battle work: [roll0]

Rolling Truespeak to begin Recitation of the Unclouded Eye: [roll1]

If Word of Battle works, Alastar gets a +3 to hit and damage for 3 turns.

Atticus Verum, Truenamer (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=343980)
Initiative +1 HP 15/15 Speed 30
AC 16 Touch 11 Flat-Footed 15
Saves: Fort+3 Ref+3 Will+4
Attacks:

Light Crossbow +3, 1d8 , 80 Feet, 19-20 2x
Spear +2, 1d8, 20 Ft, 3x
Sickle +2, 1d6, 2x

Absolute Limit: 15
Truespeak Bonus: +15

Utterances:
Word of Battle (+1 attack/damage)
Word of Defense (+1 AC)
Syllable of Entropy (1d4 negative energy damage)
Phrase of Vigor (Stabilize an ally, or make an enemy take bleeding damage)

Ninja_Grand
2011-12-04, 12:05 AM
The undead's power is to great for your power [Above you limit] but Alastar looks empowered [Hes buffed.]

Noctis Vigil
2011-12-04, 12:29 AM
For Nick's eyes:
Oh balls, a dragon. Initiative: [roll0]

Roric takes a moment to empower his hammer with acid before entering the room (empower is a move action, entering is a move action). What does he see?

Ninja_Grand
2011-12-04, 09:25 PM
[Alastar is infront of the undead right at the middle, and Kenshin is back 10ft and 5ft behind him is Atticus. All are at the radius of the circle(60ft).]

As you speak, the undead trys to plow past Alastar.

Combat
Overrun. Alastart gets a AoO.
Asuming you try and block (you can not block if you want) [roll0]
If you lose he moves 5ft in front of kenshin

Ninja_Grand
2011-12-05, 08:28 AM
For Nick's eyes:
Oh balls, a dragon. Initiative: [roll0]

Roric takes a moment to empower his hammer with acid before entering the room (empower is a move action, entering is a move action). What does he see?

You all know the drill. Roric only
ou are in a 50x20x10 room. The dragon is ontop of a desk 30ft ahead and 5ft to the right. as it sees you in flys over your head and moves 10ft behind,and uses its breath atack. [Make a Reflex save]

NeoSeraphi
2011-12-05, 01:14 PM
The strange-looking being rushed towards Alastar, attempting to knock him over. Alastar saw an opening, and took a swing with his blade!

Attack Roll: [roll0]
Damage Roll: [roll1]

Opposed Strength Check: [roll2]

NeoSeraphi
2011-12-05, 01:16 PM
OOC: Last time I checked, if you tied an opposed roll, both parties just reroll, so here we go:

Opposed Strength check: [roll0]

And, if I win, I'm going to make an opposed Strength check to knock him prone
[roll1]

TravelLog
2011-12-05, 02:06 PM
Kenshin

OOC:
Regardless of what happens I'm going to attack, so if it ends up prone just assume I attack it there.

Kenshin Miyamoto (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=344229)
Init +3, HP 28/28, Speed 30 ft.
AC 18, Touch 13, Flat-footed 15
Saves: Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +6

+1 Masterwork Katana +3 (2d6+4, 19-20/x3)
+1 Masterwork Katana +3 (2d6+4, 19-20/x3)

Face expressionless, his mind at one with his body, Kenshin moves swiftly to assault with wight with both his blades.

Attack Roll 1: [roll0]
Attack Roll 2: [roll1]

Damage Roll 1: [roll2]
Damage Roll 2: [roll3]

Wyntonian
2011-12-05, 06:06 PM
Atticus

Atticus leaps forward to join in as the warriors commence beating on the spirit. He again shouts the empowering words, this time with a rhythm and pattern woven to mesh with Kenshin's mind, body and the force that connected them. As he did so, he lunged at the spirit with his spear, realizing in some corner of his mind not completely fueled by self-preservation that this is the first time he'd ever fought something undead.

Move action to use Word of Battle on Kenshin, augmented to provide a +4 to hit and damage for two rounds, for a DC of 22. Swift action to maintain my Recitation of the Unclouded Eye, even though I suppose I can't actually hurt it with any of my utterances, because the only harmful ones deal negative energy damage or bleeding effects. Also making an attack with my spear as a standard action, improved by my use of knowledge devotion with a +2 to attack and damage.

Truespeak for Word of Battle: [roll0]

Attack with Spear [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

Atticus Verum, Truenamer (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=343980)
Attacks:

Spear +2, 1d8, 20 Ft, 3x
Sickle +2, 1d6, 2x

Utterances:
Word of Battle (+/-1 attack/damage)
Word of Defense (+/-1 AC)
Syllable of Entropy (1d4 neg energy damage/temp HP)
Phrase of Vigor (Stabilize an ally/make an enemy take bleeding damage)

Ninja_Grand
2011-12-05, 06:34 PM
The strange-looking being rushed towards Alastar, attempting to knock him over. Alastar saw an opening, and took a swing with his blade!

Attack Roll: [roll0]
Damage Roll: [roll1]

Opposed Strength Check: [roll2]

Hit! Tie on Str, Reroll for undead [roll0]

Kenshin

OOC:
Regardless of what happens I'm going to attack, so if it ends up prone just assume I attack it there.

Face expressionless, his mind at one with his body, Kenshin moves swiftly to assault with wight with both his blades.

Attack Roll 1: [roll0]
Attack Roll 2: [roll1]

Damage Roll 1: [roll2]
Damage Roll 2: [roll3]

I cant tell if you hit. Have to edit after all rolls are made. EDIT: You hit,

OOC: Last time I checked, if you tied an opposed roll, both parties just reroll, so here we go:

Opposed Strength check: [roll0]

And, if I win, I'm going to make an opposed Strength check to knock him prone
[roll1]

If he fails the above, then to not be prone [roll1]

Atticus

Atticus leaps forward to join in as the warriors commence beating on the spirit. He again shouts the empowering words, this time with a rhythm and pattern woven to mesh with Kenshin's mind, body and the force that connected them. As he did so, he lunged at the spirit with his spear, realizing in some corner of his mind not completely fueled by self-preservation that this is the first time he'd ever fought something undead.

Move action to use Word of Battle on Kenshin, augmented to provide a +4 to hit and damage for two rounds, for a DC of 22. Swift action to maintain my Recitation of the Unclouded Eye, even though I suppose I can't actually hurt it with any of my utterances, because the only harmful ones deal negative energy damage or bleeding effects. Also making an attack with my spear as a standard action, improved by my use of knowledge devotion with a +2 to attack and damage.

Truespeak for Word of Battle: [roll0]

Attack with Spear [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

Attacks:

Spear +2, 1d8, 20 Ft, 3x
Sickle +2, 1d6, 2x

Utterances:
Word of Battle (+/-1 attack/damage)
Word of Defense (+/-1 AC)
Syllable of Entropy (1d4 neg energy damage/temp HP)
Phrase of Vigor (Stabilize an ally/make an enemy take bleeding damage)
I cant tell if you hit, will edit. and true speak failed. EDIT: You Hit. but he is long dead.

Ninja_Grand
2011-12-05, 06:41 PM
Roric wins his initiative roll. Your up Noctis Vigil

NeoSeraphi
2011-12-05, 11:11 PM
Posted because Nick's last post seems to have been 503'd out. Can you see it now, Noctis?

Noctis Vigil
2011-12-05, 11:36 PM
OOC for Nick:
I am so confused. :smallfrown: What am I doing? Do you still need a Ref save? Do I get that AoO I asked about?

Ninja_Grand
2011-12-06, 09:27 AM
[Yes, You get a AoO and I think its Ref for half on a dragons breath. PBP combat is hard for me. I just started.

Also, I cant post drunk. Im 16]

Noctis Vigil
2011-12-06, 08:50 PM
(OOC: I see somebody failed their Sense Motive roll to detect sarcasm.)

OK, AoO roll to hit: [roll0]
AoO roll for damage if I do hit: [roll1] acid plus [roll2] bludgeoning
Ref Save: [roll3]

Ninja_Grand
2011-12-08, 03:41 PM
As you miss your blow, you find that a blast of coldd6 hits you. Roric takes [roll0]

Noctis Vigil
2011-12-08, 11:12 PM
Since the dragon is only a few feet from me, I move in and take a swing at him.

Roll to hit: [roll0]
Roll for damage if I do hit: [roll1] acid plus [roll2] bludgeoning

(current HP: 22)

Ninja_Grand
2011-12-10, 07:38 PM
The Dragon dives out of the way! It moves in to bite [roll0] Damg [roll1]

Noctis Vigil
2011-12-10, 11:13 PM
(Current HP: 17. If this thing kills me, I'm going to be pissed.)

Roric tries one more time:
To hit: [roll0]
Damage if he hits: [roll1] acid and [roll2] bludgeoning

Ninja_Grand
2011-12-12, 10:06 AM
[dont know if its dead. I have to see the SRD]

Noctis Vigil
2011-12-12, 05:15 PM
[If going directly by the book, it has 12HP left before it hits 0]

Ninja_Grand
2011-12-13, 08:58 AM
With a hevey blow the dragon shrivels up and dies. "Well throw horns on me and call me Orcus! You got the snowball!" SilverScale yells. "Shhhh...Well then! Off to the portal!"

Church party
As you kill the undead you hear a yell "PALADIN! COME WITH ME!". But you dont even get the chance as the templers start to push you . Then your teammates are taken into the tower.

Noctis Vigil
2011-12-13, 06:46 PM
[...That has to be the most anticlimactic battle I've ever done. :smallsigh: Lemme know how much EXP it was when you calculate it out.]

Roric frowns. "Eh? Portal? I didn' sign up fer no portals!"

NeoSeraphi
2011-12-14, 12:08 AM
(OOC: Dang. Thought I replied to this already. Sorry guys. Stupid 503s)

Alastar

As the foul creature of undeath collapsed at Alastar's feet, and Kenshin delivered the final blow, a shout came from down the hall. Alastar looked up with interest. The church officials surrounded them and the templars started to demand that they comply.

Alastar raised his hands calmly. "Relax. Lower your weapons. We are not your foes. We submit willingly to your authority. Is that not so, gentlemen?" And with that, he let his shield hit the floor, sheathed his blade, then took the sheathe off his belt and tossed it at the templar's feet, before raising his hands again. "I can assure you, we did nothing but what we were told to do. I touched the statue. The creature appeared. We defended ourselves."

TravelLog
2011-12-14, 12:24 AM
Kenshin

Expressionless, the Kensei slid his katanas into their sheaths with a swift, practiced motion, the sound of sliding steel his only clear response to the Knight's orders.

Incling his head, he waited for further instructions.

Ninja_Grand
2011-12-14, 01:20 PM
"You did nothing wrong. but please come with me, your teamates will be safe" the cleric says in a hushed tone leaning on you.

And the templers take you two into a small sitting area upstairs were you are given fruit.

Roric
"Well you wanted to see teh dwagons!" Silverscale says in a mocking voice like a small kid. "And we just dont have a big ol' dragon in the guild! You must not be from here are you?" and with that he points to the stairs across the room

NeoSeraphi
2011-12-14, 05:09 PM
Alastar

Alastar bends to retrieve his shield and sheathe, attaching the sheath to his waist and strapping the shield to his back before following the cleric. When they are led to the room, Alastar picks up an apple and bites into it thoughtfully.

"Kenshin...do you know what possessed that half-elf to attack us? Or even where it came from?" Alastar asked, taking another bite out of the crisp fruit, swallowing harshly.

TravelLog
2011-12-14, 07:26 PM
Kenshin

He shakes his head. "Would that I did. It might be wise for us to attempt to find an answer however, as the reason may be relevant to our journey."

The Kensei's face reflected concerns "Whatever te answer, it does not bode well."

NeoSeraphi
2011-12-14, 07:42 PM
Alastar

Alastar sat, deep in thought for a moment, before snapping his fingers. "Wait a minute! What if that statue was some kind of catalyst? What if it wasn't the statue that called the creature, but me? What if the statue simply amplified my death powers and allowed me to infect a creature beyond recognition, then called it here? Perhaps I should have tried to communicate with it instead of attacking!"

Alastar groaned. "I was a fool. The Court told me "You must judge them" and what did I do? I slaughtered a creature without even asking its name. The way of the paladin is restraint and honor, not merciless punishment." He drew his blade and stared into his reflection in the stainless steel. "Still...the creature attacked me. I had only a moment to react...maybe...maybe these powers give me the ability to judge a person instinctively?"

He sighed and sheathed his weapon, then punched the wall. "It's useless. I don't know what I'm doing anymore"

TravelLog
2011-12-14, 07:50 PM
Kenshin

Kenshin strode over to Alastar and laid a hand on the man's shoulder. "You're actions we're not foolish. What is foolish is how you are choosing to view them now. You did as you had to, and no more. For you to punish yourself in this manner is both purposeless and an inefficient use of our time."

He paused.

"Remember that it is not just yor actions thy define you, but how you deal with the aftermath."

Noctis Vigil
2011-12-15, 01:29 AM
Roric's eyes narrow ever so slightly; he's very rapidly developing a strong dislike for the man. He follows him, but certainly doesn't sprint after him this time, following at a normal walking pace.

Ninja_Grand
2011-12-15, 09:16 AM
[Why yes, I did make him the most anonying I can think of.}

As you reach up the stairs you find what must be his office. But you see a portal and on the other side a grassy grove...

NeoSeraphi
2011-12-15, 01:38 PM
Alastar

Alastar smiled as his friend consoled him, and nodded, his resolve steeling. He sheathed his blade again and turned to Kenshin. "Thank you, Samurai. Your wisdom is truly invaluable. Would that I could have judged the creature, and yet, it is impossible to speak to a foe that wishes your death. I am sure the Court understands my actions. After all, if the gods do grant their powers to humans, surely they are prepared to deal with a few human mistakes."

Alastar sighed and glanced at the door. "Seems you made a poor choice in accompanying me, however. I apologize for all this trouble and delay. I did not mean to get you dragged into this." He bowed, sincerely apologetic.

Ninja_Grand
2011-12-17, 09:29 PM
The preist walks in and speaks to the party as a whole.

"Forgive my..well rushing you all in here." He pulls out a book and lays it on the table and it reads "The Kings law". "This is one of our most revered texts. It describes a "judge" someone who is chosen to sum up an issue with his domain. Last one was a half elf who was a "avatar". He ended the Hollow war with his mastry of Godspeak. [History or religion roll please.]" He looks at Alastar and Atticus. "And you two, One who uses Godspeak and one who speaks with the Court." He stops and takes a deap breath.

"I think you too have some sort of divine law to carry out."

Noctis Vigil
2011-12-17, 11:28 PM
Roric stops and blinks at the portal. "Interestin'. Can't say as I've ever seen magic o' this power afore. Quite somethin', innit?"

NeoSeraphi
2011-12-18, 03:00 AM
Alastar

Alastar raised an eyebrow at the priest's words, before glancing sideways at Atticus. "Speaking of which, that was an odd ability you displayed. When you started speaking after the creature attacked, I feared it would burst into flames or something, but instead, nothing seemed to happen, and yet, I felt...stronger. As if your words carried some sort of mystic power that guided my sword arm, but without any sort of foundation."

He looked at the priest, and then down at the tome. "So, it's called "Godspeak"...hmm..." Looking up at the priest, Alastar frowned a bit. "I'll admit, Atticus's talents are indeed a rare find, but me speaking to The Court? Every cleric here can do that. You need only clasp your hands and pray, and with your divine magic, you can easily forge a true link with the Gods and communicate...so why are you so anxious that The Court spoke but a few words to me?"

Alastar couldn't really understand. He glanced back at the samurai. "Kenshin, you are a follower of the Six Elements, correct? Do you have any idea of the lore this tome speaks of?"

Wyntonian
2011-12-18, 03:30 AM
Atticus looks deeply uncomfortable at the discussion. "The first time I Spoke, I killed three innocent men. It took me years to even try to do so again, and that was just cleaning off food. I'm still not really willing to try to hurt things directly. I seriously doubt that what I do has anything to do with the gods. It was my anger that killed those men, not some invisible friend."

Ninja_Grand
2011-12-18, 11:46 AM
"But paladin! its not that they spoke to you its what they said." He looks at the truenamer. "Well, that may be true, but those...Words...I have heard them before."

He then looks at the whole party. "I have an idea. There is a old ruin that is called Vestige just east of here. Its a church that taut Godspeak to clerics of most gods. Maybe you can find something interesting history about your powers. Then there is the monk temple that can help you fighting skills"

with that, the man bids you a goodbye and he leaves.

TravelLog
2011-12-18, 12:53 PM
Kenshin

In response to Alastar's question, the Kensei shakes his head. "I regret to say that I do not. Such studies have never been my calling, as you know. My time on the road has left me skilled in some areas, and less so in others."

And with that, Kenshin fell silent, memories of his travels holding his thoughts.

NeoSeraphi
2011-12-18, 04:04 PM
Alastar

Alastar was silent for a moment, before nodding to Atticus. "Guess this trip provided more answers than we expected, though it raised more questions than I wanted it to...The "Vestige", huh? Well, at least we have another clue. This wasn't a waste of time, that's for sure." He turned to Kenshin and grinned. "I am sorry to have involved you in all this struggle, my friend. I appreciate your help. I promise that if I can find a way to repay you, I will." He bowed politely.

Alastar sighed and thought about what the priest had said, before shaking his head. "Well, before we head over to the Vestige, I do believe Roric wanted us to get a drink with him! Let's go find that library and make sure he's okay."

Wyntonian
2011-12-18, 08:44 PM
Atticus rises to his feet, his spear once again used as a walking stick. "I'd love a drink. We can get to the temple tomorrow."

TravelLog
2011-12-19, 03:50 AM
Kenshin

"There is no need my friend. The journey is its own reward. Beyond my blades I have little need for material things, and the only treasure I seek is to be found within."

Ninja_Grand
2011-12-19, 09:58 AM
before you even speak, silverscale is allready on the other side of the portal. "Well? Dont you want to meat a dragon? Step on in! Worse that can happen is you lose your breck-fest. He stops, and pukes then returns to his chirpy tone. "See! now come on!"

Noctis Vigil
2011-12-19, 11:12 PM
Roric makes a face. "Oh, sure, that jest fills me wit' confidence 'bout the whole venture." He grits his teeth and follows through the portal, looking around once on the other side.

NeoSeraphi
2011-12-20, 01:33 AM
Alastar

Alastar and the others (assuming they follow him) head over to the library. (Waiting to see if anything greets/stops us on the way. If not, we get there, and Roric can greet us and we'll respond)

Ninja_Grand
2011-12-22, 07:39 PM
As you get to the library, you find no sight nor sign of you stout friend. thou on the way you hear of a brass man who killed a dragon.

Ninja_Grand
2011-12-23, 09:29 PM
BUmp! Look at the above post! CLUE!

Noctis Vigil
2011-12-23, 09:51 PM
(OOC: I think NeoSeraphi is away from internet for awhile, Nick. Oh, does Roric feel any effects of passing through that portal?)

Ninja_Grand
2011-12-24, 11:26 AM
[Meh, You feel dizzy but then shake it off.]

Looking around you see a grassy medow with small mountains and dragons resting. It also looks like its in a crater.

Sliverscale gives a "Yip-yip" and a small Silver dragon swopes down and lands on Silverscales head.

In dragtonic
Whats up cousin?

Noctis Vigil
2011-12-24, 04:27 PM
(OOC: I'm assuming that's "Draconic"?)

Roric looks around and sees all the dragons. In a soft voice he says in Draconic,
"I have seen a dream..."

NeoSeraphi
2011-12-29, 09:18 AM
Alastar

Alastar and the others reach the library, though they saw no sign of Roric anywhere. On the way there, Alastar had heard whispers of a "brass man", who had slain a dragon. Perhaps that was Roric? No...Roric was a draconic man by nature, why would he attack his own kind, much less finish it off? That wasn't the honor that Alastar associated with the noble dwarven race.

Alastar turned to his companions with a frown. "Roric isn't here...do you think he might have gone ahead to the tavern without us? No...that couldn't be. He seems like a friendly person, he probably would have wanted us to go together..."

Alastar searched for a librarian or other official that he could speak to, and asked about Roric's whereabouts, describing his appearance with as much detail as he could.

Gather Information check
[roll0]

Ninja_Grand
2011-12-30, 07:09 PM
No one in the library has seen him. But you get a tip that anyone like that may visit the magnus guild. The way is given.

Its now about 6pm in-game. you can see people lighting torches on the street.

TravelLog
2011-12-30, 08:08 PM
OOC:
Magnus Guild? Are we talking "Mages Guild"?

Ninja_Grand
2011-12-31, 12:56 AM
[Nope. its call the Magnus guild. It the Mage guild in this world.]

NeoSeraphi
2011-12-31, 09:42 AM
Well, we all head there, then, unless Atticus or Kenshin would object?

TravelLog
2011-12-31, 01:18 PM
OOC: Kenshin has no problems with going there.

Wyntonian
2011-12-31, 08:29 PM
Atticus ducks his head into a couple nearby shops and glances around. He trots back to the group, his breastplate jingling and clanking. "I've got nothing, let's get to the guild. Why would Roric kill a dragon? Isn't he part dragon himself? I always wondered what that was about... Either way, we should find him. And get a drink."

NeoSeraphi
2011-12-31, 08:31 PM
Atticus

"I'm not entirely sure if I believe that story," Alastar replied, as the group headed towards the guild. "It's not that I don't have faith in Roric's abilities, it's that I certainly don't lack faith in a dragon's abilities. Whoever this mysterious dragon-slayer was, it sounds like he was acting alone. And I don't know if you've ever seen a dragon in real life, but they're rather large. I'm not sure our friend's axes, as sharp and finely crafted as they might be, would be much use against a true, fully-grown monster like that."

The group arrives at the mage's guild, unhampered if the DM says so.

Ninja_Grand
2011-12-31, 11:42 PM
As you get to the Magnus guild, you find that's it roped off. You see guards watching you.

As you approach, one says "Halt! No visitors to the guild!". Many people in robes are being ask questions, but you cant make them out. [With out a check, of course]

NeoSeraphi
2011-12-31, 11:48 PM
Alastar

Alastar raised his hands placatingly. "Whoa whoa! Easy! If there's no visitors allowed right now, then there's no visitors allowed! We certainly wouldn't think of challenging that, would we gents?" He smiled and bowed politely, before taking a few steps back, showing he had no intention of resisting the guard.

"If I might ask you a question, however, have you seen a dwarf around here? A stout man, bit of a shiny tint to his skin, almost like...copper?" Alastar asked hopefully.

Gather Information Check: 120+4
Diplomacy Check (For showing I have no intention to harm and calm the guard down): [roll0]

NeoSeraphi
2011-12-31, 11:51 PM
OOC: Screwed up my Gather Info roll in my last post

[roll0]

Ninja_Grand
2012-01-01, 05:10 PM
@Roric

Looking out some more you can see dragons of all sorts even some untrue dragons.

The small silver dragon flies off. Soon a [Whatever kind of dragon you are] flies down and says "What do you seek small kin?"

@ The rest

Rorics got to catch up. you will be delyed.

Noctis Vigil
2012-01-02, 07:34 AM
Roric bows low before the great copper dragon. In Draconic he replies, "I am Roric Strongarm, Dream Dwarf o' tha Blind Forge clan. I have come seekin' knowledge o' both meself and me family, fer strange powers seem ta flow in me blood, born o' both dragons and the Earth Dream."

Ninja_Grand
2012-01-02, 01:31 PM
"Hello brother. So if you feel the Earth dream and our blood you most be....shuned by other dwarves?" The dragon shakes his head. "I dont know you fammly, nor your self. But I do know this. You are Blood-kin. No mere dwarf can claim this." He chuckles "Haha! I just remmberd! The Pipe-dweller clan!" He cast stone shape on a wall near by and forms a tablet, claws on it, and gives it to you affter shrinking it "This Is were you are spose to go for more info. The Pipe-dwellers may be the sorce of you blood!"

[The tablet is 5lb and shows the map of the dwaven kingdom. By the grifon on the main map is a PD]

Noctis Vigil
2012-01-03, 12:53 AM
Roric nods slightly, and replies in Draconic, "I don't think "shunned" be tha right word. More like...misunderstood." He takes the offered tablet carefully. "This be most helpful, many thanks. I shall seek them out fer tha knowledge I desire." He bows low again. "May yer scales shine bright an' yer treasure trove ever grow."

(OOC: I don't see a PD on the map. You are referring to the map on the first page of the OOC thread, right?)

Ninja_Grand
2012-01-05, 09:32 AM
(nonoononojno:smalltongue: its a Pd on the in-game map. if you look on the map in the op of the OOC you can see a griffon by the dwarfs)

As you end your goodbye a youing copper dragon spits some water at the big dragon. He says in dragotnoic "Hahahah! Well Roric Strongarm, this is were I take my leave. Got to take care of the hatchlings hahaha!" and he flys off.

"Ok well then!" Silverscale says in a chearful tone. "Next stop Azure city magnus guild!" he yells as the poratal re-opens.

Noctis Vigil
2012-01-05, 06:38 PM
Roric watches the dragons for another long moment, feeling at peace. Then he remembers the others. Drinks had been promised, after all. He grins and heads through the portal, humming a Dwarven chant to himself.

Ninja_Grand
2012-01-07, 12:51 PM
As you leave the dragons you can see that you are in a crime scene. You are taking outside for questions.

@Church party
"Well a copper man is who we are looking for! Have you seen him?' he says in a deep tone then whispers "You must be new. We just have to keep folks away till its all cleaned up. Protacall and all that."

@Roric

A man in chainmail asks "Were you the one who killed the dragon and causing public un-rest?"

Wyntonian
2012-01-07, 02:36 PM
Atticus

Atticus smiles innocently. "We sure have, sir, rode on this big, huge airship-thing with him. Nice guy. He came over here when we went to the temple. Why, is there something the matter? He's not hurt, is he?" Atticus tries to look like a slightly intimidated, rural tourist. It's not difficult, as he is all of those things to begin with.

Rolling Sense Motive: [roll0]

Noctis Vigil
2012-01-07, 05:01 PM
Roric nods. "Aye, a tiny white dragon. Walked in an' tha little bugger charged me. Me actions were in self defense only. Didn' even mean ta kill it, jest knock it out, but tha little guy was weaker than I thought."

Ninja_Grand
2012-01-17, 08:47 PM
"Allright. But due to laws we must have you write a report at the station. Is that ok for you?"

@Others
Sense motive: He is just doing his job. Look strong and all that.

"No, But he has to file a report. Now shew. I have work to do." And he walks off.

Wyntonian
2012-01-19, 11:53 PM
"No, But he has to file a report. Now shew. I have work to do." And he walks off.

"Oh, of course sir. We'll be shewing, now." As soon as the guard looks away, Atticus checks to either side for anyone else who's watching and gestures for his comrades to follow him into the building.

NeoSeraphi
2012-01-20, 01:41 AM
Alastar

Alastar glanced at Atticus with suspicion, and frowned. He wasn't too comfortable defying the guards' reasonable request for their cooperation, but at the same time, he was worried about his friend Roric's well-being. Glancing back at Kenshin, Alastar gave a slight nod towards the building, before securing his shield tightly to his back and preparing to move stealthily inside.

Okay, so who's ready to fail their Move Silently checks? :smallbiggrin: *hand shoots up*

Move Silently: [roll0]
Hide: [roll1]

TravelLog
2012-01-20, 09:15 AM
Kenshin

Nodding in response to his companion's intentions, Kenshin centered himself, then attempted to sneak past the guard.

Hide: [roll0]
Move Silently: [roll1]

Wyntonian
2012-01-20, 10:17 AM
Atticus hefts his spear and steps lightly with his heavy boots, trying to make as little sound as possible as he creeps indoors.

Yeah... maybe not the best idea....
Hide: [roll0]
Move Silently: [roll1]

Ninja_Grand
2012-01-20, 11:10 AM
[Ummmmm.... I think we need a new dice roller. That just sad. Try to use IC (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/) if its better.]

"HALT!" the shout echos in the street. Only Kenshin moves into the building unseen.

The guard takes chase. You can run, Fight it out or do as he says.

@Travllog
As Kenshin slips into the building, you can see Roric in shackles leaveing the scene.

@Noctis
"I have to put these on you traveler. and then we will be on our way." He puts on the shackles and takes any backpack or sack you may have and tells you to follow.

NeoSeraphi
2012-01-20, 11:20 AM
Alastar

"Damn!" Alastar muttered as the guards spotted him. As Kenshin made it safely inside, Alastar reached a decision. "Hey, Atticus! Call for help!" he whispered, glancing in Atticus's direction. "Call the guards for help, then run away. I'll chase you, acting like I'm going to kill you." He drew his blade and faced Atticus menacingly. "We're already caught, so the best we can hope for now is to draw the guards away so Kenshin can help Roric. He's a skilled warrior, he should be fine."

With that, Alastar was silent and swung his blade slowly, aiming for the spot just over Atticus's head. To any onlooker, it would have appeared that Alastar was attempting to lop his head off and Atticus had ducked under it just in time.

Ninja_Grand
2012-01-20, 02:37 PM
[Pelor buttcheak! You are creative.]

Asumeing He yells help and runs the guards draw there blades and try to get you. They are bout 10 ft away now.

Wyntonian
2012-01-20, 07:27 PM
Atticus leaves a wisp of hair floating towards the ground, severed by Alastar's sword as he drops his spear and sprints, screaming bloody murder, including what may have been the word "Help". As terrified as his screams appear to be, they are not senseless. His lips begin forming a repetitive pattern of subvocalized whispers, lending him the speed of the hunted deer, the adrenaline-fueled agility of prey.

Move action to begin recitation of the Harried Step for a +10 to speed, Move to sprint away, move speed of thirty counting the recitation. I fail on a 1 [roll0]

Noctis Vigil
2012-01-20, 10:52 PM
Roric goes along quietly, although he does politely ask the guard to be careful with his gear.

Ninja_Grand
2012-01-20, 10:55 PM
[Cant advance the plot till I can hear what NeoSeraphi

NeoSeraphi
2012-01-20, 11:16 PM
Alastar

Alastar turned towards the guards, his expression one of anger. His free hand glowed with powerful negative energy and he yelled, "Back off!" as harshly as he could, before turning and chasing Atticus.

Intimidate check: [roll0]

Move action: Move 20 ft after Atticus

TravelLog
2012-01-20, 11:20 PM
Kenshin

Now inside the building, Kenshin cautiously surveys the area.

Description please!

Ninja_Grand
2012-01-23, 09:50 AM
@ Alastar

They reel back and scatter most of them yelling "Demon"

@Kenshin

Look around you can see your just inside the building and its empty sept for a silver man. But out side you can see Roric being hauled of in chains buy 1 man and your compainds runing off.

@ Roric

Your have to turn around becuse of a demon and some guy with a spear are fighting, lest thats what the gurad says.

Noctis Vigil
2012-01-23, 07:11 PM
Roric stops, looking worried. "A demon? How would a demon be gettin' loose in a city like this? Ferget tha report fer now, we gotta stop tha beastie afore someone innocent gets hurt!"

NeoSeraphi
2012-01-24, 02:36 AM
Alastar grinned and winked at Atticus. "Nice work! Pretty convincing! Sorry I almost nicked you there, I guess I got a little carried away in my role." He offered his hand to Atticus, a handshake, a sign of respect and acceptance. Atticus was a good person, both smart and capable, and Alastar was ready to move past acquaintances and be friends with him.

"Speaking of 'roles', have you heard about this new 'role-playing' craze that's sweeping the country? Something called...'Pitfalls and Pit Fiends'? It's like, you get to sit around a table and pretend to be a demon, along with the rest of your demon friends, and try to conquer the Nine Hells in the name of the Abyss. You use probability to determine your success, but you have to stay in character, and never ever break the fourth wall, no matter how amusing or veiled you may think you're being. It's actually quite fun, we should give it a shot some time. I bet Kenshin would make an amusing succubus."

Wyntonian
2012-01-24, 08:22 PM
Atticus checks the hand for any trace of a destructive glow before shaking it. "Oh my... That does sound rather amusing. What's this fourth wall, though? Is it a magic thing?" As he speaks, he looks back and forth for any guards still following them.

TravelLog
2012-01-24, 09:20 PM
Kenshin

Kenshin approaches the guard hauling Roric away and assumes a commanding air. "Just where do you think you are taking this prisoner? All guards have been ordered outside to quell the commotion in square. I'll take him from here."

Bluff: [roll0]

Ninja_Grand
2012-01-27, 07:24 AM
"If all guards are told to do so, why are you here? Let me see your pass." He says looking at you strangely.

TravelLog
2012-01-29, 11:54 AM
Kenshin

"GET A MOVE ON SOLDIER!"

Intimidate: [roll0]

Ninja_Grand
2012-01-30, 10:42 AM
[HAHAHAHAH! :smallbiggrin: made my day!]

"Yes sir! right away!'' and he runs of like a chicken.

@ Alastar and truenamer

all of a sudden you can see a squad of 4 warriors charge you. Roll for itiative.

[Will roll the squad when there stats are done.]

NeoSeraphi
2012-01-30, 11:18 AM
Alastar sighed and picked up his sword and shield. "Something tells me I won't be able to talk them down this time. I would have said "we" there, but I've quickly learned that 'talking' happens to be a strong point of yours." Alastar smiled sincerely at Atticus before clanging his blade against his shield. "Well then? Come meet your Maker!"

Initiative: [roll0]

Noctis Vigil
2012-01-30, 10:36 PM
Roric looks at Kenshin, then after the guard. "Well, ye scared off tha man wit' tha keys ta me shackles, as well as all me gear. Let's be after 'im; at tha least, we c'n help stop this daemon." He takes a moment to focus, and his stone warhammer appears in his hands. "Me hands may be held, but we c'n still help. 'Sides, I did kill that dragon; gotta fill a report an' all. Let's go." He sets off after the guard.

(OOC: Sorry, Kenshin.)

Ninja_Grand
2012-02-02, 07:23 AM
The guards draw there blades!
[roll0] [roll1][roll2][roll3]

[Still need the truenamers roll. For speeds sake he has 24hr or he waits.]