PDA

View Full Version : The fall of the paladin

leegi0n
2011-11-15, 01:03 PM
so let's say that a fallen paladin or a paladin of tyranny is appealing in a story, using elven paladins as the base race. What then? How would one build such an atrocity?

Hand_of_Vecna
2011-11-15, 05:16 PM
You really need to offer more information than this when asking for help? What is you level of system mastery and what level of Optimization does your group play at? I mean there's a class called Paladin of Tyranny.

Obvious answer:
Paladin of Tyranny 20

Horrible build
Ex-Paladin X/Blackguard 10/Fighter (10-X)

Strong Build:
Cleric 4/Crusader 1/Ruby Knight Vindicator 10/whatever fullcaster
For Feats you can go however you want DMM, mounted charger and charger seem the most obvious.

There are tons of other builds that fit this iconic concept like a non caster fear build or even Cleric 20.

Flickerdart
2011-11-15, 09:42 PM
Hexblade 3/Paladin of Tyranny 4/Blackguard 2/Divine Crusader 10/Ordained Champion 1
9th level casting from two domains, incredible saves, rebuking, massive debuffs on your enemies' saves for your own delicious spells.

Calanon
2011-11-15, 09:43 PM
Hexblade 3/Paladin of Tyranny 4/Blackguard 2/Divine Crusader 10/Ordained Champion 1
9th level casting from two domains, incredible saves, rebuking, massive debuffs on your enemies' saves for your own delicious spells.

I'm assuming Ordained Champion of Hextor :smallwink:

Siosilvar
2011-11-15, 09:44 PM
so let's say that a fallen paladin or a paladin of tyranny is appealing in a story, using elven paladins as the base race. What then? How would one build such an atrocity?

The same way you'd build it if it wasn't an elf.

Flickerdart
2011-11-15, 09:45 PM
I'm assuming Ordained Champion of Hextor :smallwink:
No, of Heironeous. :smallbiggrin:

Calanon
2011-11-15, 09:59 PM
No, of Heironeous. :smallbiggrin:

*BROFIST* :smallcool:

EDIT: Take the Apostate feat, if your class has a code of conduct it is automatically broken and you gain a bonus to saving throws against spells of 1/2 your HD (However you must always take the saving throw from all Divine magic)

kardar233
2011-11-15, 10:32 PM
If you really want him to be an ex-Paladin, use the Shadowbane Inquisitor or Bone Knight PrCs.