PDA

View Full Version : Druid Help

noparlpf
2011-11-15, 01:55 PM
I'm playing a Druid in a campaign we started last week. The DM gave me about an hour's notice last week, so the most effective part of my character was my animal companion.
I have almost everything set up now, but I need some help with feats and some other stuff. I'm playing a desert/waste-themed Druid, focusing on Wild Shape for melee. I'm using the spontaneous divine caster variant from UA because I don't usually like spells in the first place, dislike prepared spells, and was going to play a Truenamer anyway except that we needed something with healing capabilities.

Right now for feats I have Natural Spell, Augment Healing, Spell Focus (conjuration), Augment Summoning, and Able Learner (I wanted some cross-class skills). I only have one flaw, so I could take another feat, but it has to be something I could take at first level, so no Fast Wild Shape or Multiattack right now.
I also need some advice on summoned critters. I've never used them before. Are there any things on the Summon Nature's Ally or Summon Desert's Ally (Sandstorm) lists that are really good? I can cast up to 4th-level versions of the spells.
Oh, and what are some good animals for Wild Shape? 7HD or fewer, and I can't turn into Large ones yet.