PDA

View Full Version : PrC that continues Bardic Music progression?

Yorae
2011-11-15, 02:25 PM
Do they exist?

I don't mean that they stack for the purposes for inspire courage or USES of music - I mean they grant you things like Inspire Competence et al. Closest I've found is virtuoso, and that doesn't really do it - just IC stacking, more uses, and fascinate (which you'd already have anyway at Bard 1).

Campbellk8105
2011-11-15, 02:34 PM
Sublime Chord I believe will work. Also, I'm not sure of all the details but Warblade and Song of the White Raven. It's not prestige but Bard 4/Warblade 16 is common for a Bardblade.

Coidzor
2011-11-15, 02:38 PM
Heartfire Fanner should, Dragon 314.

Warrior Skald doesn't stack, IIRC, but if you take it then you just get those bardic music abilities when you get the necessary ranks in perform, but that's grandfathered 3.0, IIRC.

Treblain
2011-11-15, 02:40 PM
If you want something that progresses the same bardic music as if you were a bard, the only one I can think of is Fochlucan Lyrist. Virtuoso, Seeker of the Song, and Warchanter give alternate bardic music.

Yorae
2011-11-15, 02:53 PM
Sublime Chord I believe will work. Also, I'm not sure of all the details but Warblade and Song of the White Raven. It's not prestige but Bard 4/Warblade 16 is common for a Bardblade.

Unfortunately, Song of the White Raven only progresses IC. =\

Sublime Chord doesn't actually give you Inspire Competence, Inspire Heroics, Song of Freedom, Suggestion, etc - it gives its own, different performances.

Heartfire Fanner should, Dragon 314.

Warrior Skald doesn't stack, IIRC, but if you take it then you just get those bardic music abilities when you get the necessary ranks in perform, but that's grandfathered 3.0, IIRC.

Warrior Skald works the same way that 3.0 Virtuoso worked (which is exactly what I need).
Looks like Fochlucan Lyrist actually works as well.
Icesinger, also in Dragon 314 looks like it works.
Heartfire Fanner works and has the interesting possibility of 4 free levels of music progression, oddly enough.

Well, darn. Looks like everything has a feat tax that I can't accomodate.
Trying to see if I can pick up Inspire Competence without actually taking the third level of Bard.

Edit: Oops, double post. Edited them together.

Coidzor
2011-11-15, 03:04 PM
That's the unfortunate thing about anything involving bards, feat-starved out the wazoo.

Yorae
2011-11-15, 03:09 PM
That's the unfortunate thing about anything involving bards, feat-starved out the wazoo.

You're telling me.

DM says we're implementing a feat buy system? We can get several more feats! Yay!

What do I decide to do with this?

TWF Dragonfire Bardblade Master of Nine.

Goodbye, extra feats...

nedz
2011-11-15, 05:38 PM
Here a list: its almost certainly not complete - try the Bard's Handbook

Divine Prankster
Fochlucan Lyrist
Heartfire Fanner
Memory Smith
Mourner
Sublime Chord
Troubadour of Stars
Virtuoso
War Chanter
World Speaker

Coidzor
2011-11-15, 05:40 PM
I think Green Whisperer has much the same language as Fochlucan Lyrist, in that regard, since it's basically the mini-version of the class.

Yorae
2011-11-15, 09:22 PM
Here a list: its almost certainly not complete - try the Bard's Handbook

Divine Prankster
Fochlucan Lyrist
Heartfire Fanner
Memory Smith
Mourner
Sublime Chord
Troubadour of Stars
Virtuoso
War Chanter
World Speaker

The Bard's Handbook wasn't terribly useful, since all the ones I found didn't list PrCs. Your post, however, was very helpful! I'd never seen the PrCs from Dragon 311 and Worldspeaker fits the bill perfectly. Thanks!