PDA

View Full Version : Many-armed Creatures; Build Help

Lateral
2011-11-15, 05:10 PM
I'm currently building a Thri-Kreen Soulbow//Ardent build for a PbP, and I could use some advice. Couple things:

Just general build advice. Here's the sheet; it isn't even close to done, but I'd like some advice on what I have so far; if anyone sees any mistakes or has some ideas for things I can do with this character, please tell me. (Especially magic items; I'm not wearing magic armor or using a primary magic weapon, so I've got this huge pile of cash that I need to find uses for. Recommendations are welcome.)
Does anyone know of any forms that I could Metamorphose into (read: ≤15 hit dice and not a construct, elemental, outsider or undead) that have more than four arms? The only ones I know of are outsiders, so I was hoping that you guys might know some that I could use. Since my attacks and damage are all based on Wisdom, I have a lot of freedom with transformations.

Thanks!

Inferno
2011-11-15, 05:28 PM
2. Theres this? HECATONCHEIRES (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Hecatoncheires)
If you can change your type to Outsider, and get that ML boosted to 52 that is...

Lateral
2011-11-15, 05:30 PM
2. Theres this? HECATONCHEIRES (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Hecatoncheires)
If you can change your type to Outsider, and get that ML boosted to 52 that is...

Umm, that's not really helpful, and you know it.

Inferno
2011-11-15, 06:32 PM
So then, what level range are we looking at here? And what version of Thri-Kreen are you planning to use? (it's been printed several times with different level adjustments/psi-like abilities)

Also, if your build already planning on metamorphosis why bother with Thri-kreen at all? When you could just be human(or whatever ECL0 you like) and turn into a Thri-Kreen.

Lateral
2011-11-15, 06:37 PM
So then, what level range are we looking at here? And what version of Thri-Kreen are you planning to use? (it's been printed several times with different level adjustments/psi-like abilities)

Also, if your build already planning on metamorphosis why bother with Thri-kreen at all? When you could just be human(or whatever ECL0 you like) and turn into a Thri-Kreen.

Nonpsionic thri-kreen, from Shining South. It's the most recent version. The basic premise of the build isn't going to change; besides, I can't always be polymorphed.

To be clear, I'm not asking about any of my class levels or any basic elements of my build. Just the details- magic item choices, feat choices, mantle (and substituted power) choices, and the like. Plus forms to metamorphose into.

Darrin
2011-11-15, 11:04 PM
Does anyone know of any forms that I could Metamorphose into (read: ≤15 hit dice and not a construct, elemental, outsider or undead) that have more than four arms?

Tako (Oriental Adventures). 7 arms.

Anthropomorphic Giant Octopus (Savage Species). 6 arms.

Lateral
2011-11-16, 07:28 AM
Tako (Oriental Adventures). 7 arms.

Anthropomorphic Giant Octopus (Savage Species). 6 arms.

Cool, thanks. Can tako breathe air? I'm not sure whether aquatic creatures can breathe air.

Gwendol
2011-11-16, 07:32 AM
A Fuse Arms magic item? Reduce your number of appendages and gain a strength increase.

Darrin
2011-11-16, 08:24 AM
Cool, thanks. Can tako breathe air? I'm not sure whether aquatic creatures can breathe air.

They can't, unless they also have the amphibious subtype.

TurtleKing
2011-11-16, 08:58 AM
Have you taken a look at aberrations. Sure to have something or if not at least something tentacly.

Fax Celestis
2011-11-16, 10:29 AM
Arrow demons, mariliths, and anything with the Extra Arms template from DMG-II.

Anthrowhale
2011-11-16, 01:34 PM
Darktentacles (MM II, 9hd aberration) can wield 12 weapons.

Lateral
2011-11-16, 03:51 PM
Arrow demons, mariliths, and anything with the Extra Arms template from DMG-II.
Unfortunately, two of those are Outsiders, and the other one is a template- I can't metamorphose into them.

Darktentacles (MM II, 9hd aberration) can wield 12 weapons.
Epic.

Fax Celestis
2011-11-16, 03:59 PM
Cast or get an item of arms of man and girallon's blessing, and drop two levels in totemist to get the Girallon Arms soulmeld to bind to your totem? Third Arm item from Magic of Eberron? Demonbinder (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20070430a&page=3) with high Charisma or some levels and use the Marilith option?

Lateral
2011-11-16, 04:07 PM
Cast or get an item of arms of man and girallon's blessing, and drop two levels in totemist to get the Girallon Arms soulmeld to bind to your totem? Third Arm item from Magic of Eberron? Demonbinder (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20070430a&page=3) with high Charisma or some levels and use the Marilith option?
I'm not asking my DM for custom items, and I don't have any levels free for Totemist or Demonbinder. I did say that I wasn't looking to change any of my class levels.

Fax Celestis
2011-11-16, 04:19 PM
You can potion both girallon's blessing and arms of man.