PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Decent Ranger Build ( Ideas? )

kayden87
2011-11-15, 08:38 PM
So from the last few threads that I have posted/asked questions about rangers I came up with this build.

Ranger12/Fighter1/Deepwood Sniper7 = 20

DeepWood Sniper
1st +1 +0 +2 +0 Improved Critical, range increment bonus +10 ft.
2nd +2 +0 +3 +0 Concealment reduction 10%, magic weapon (ammunition), greater critical +1
3rd +3 +1 +3 +1 Safe poison use, bonus feat
4th +4 +1 +4 +1 Take aim +2, range increment bonus +40 ft.
5th +5 +1 +4 +1 Consistent aim 1/day, ranged precision
6th +6 +2 +5 +2 Concealment reduction 20%, keen edge
7th +7 +2 +5 +2 Camouflage, greater critical +2

(Bolded Things I think are AWESOME)

Going to do Varrient Fighter. in one of the dragon Mags, -1 Bonus feet to get +dex modifier to damage.

And ranger 12.

Going With 2 Flaws, Umm melee one, and ionno what to choose for the other one.

These are the feats Im thinking about taking, Any suggestions for anything really would be nice. ( But I would like to keep deepwood sniper no matter what )

Pointblank Shot, precise shot, weapon focus, weapon spec. greater weapon focus, greater weapon spec, Ranged weapons mastery, Bowslinger, rapid shot, and many shot.

This is just an idea in the making. Things can be switched out.

noparlpf
2011-11-15, 08:43 PM
Is the Deepwood Sniper a homebrew PrC?

Stormageddon
2011-11-15, 08:45 PM
What about one level of shadowdancer for HiPS?

dgnslyr
2011-11-15, 08:50 PM
But Shadowdancer is a painful class to get into, because of the Perform(Dance) ranks and the Dodge and Mobility feats, which nobody wants to take. If you're already stuck taking those feats to qualify for something else, go ahead and hop in for a level. Otherwise, it's a pretty steep feat cost.

I think there was an item called the Collar of Umbral Metamorphosis that granted HiPS, though I forget where it's from.

Tvtyrant
2011-11-15, 08:54 PM
But Shadowdancer is a painful class to get into, because of the Perform(Dance) ranks and the Dodge and Mobility feats, which nobody wants to take. If you're already stuck taking those feats to qualify for something else, go ahead and hop in for a level. Otherwise, it's a pretty steep feat cost.

I think there was an item called the Collar of Umbral Metamorphosis that granted HiPS, though I forget where it's from.

I believe that it is from Tomb of Magic, in the Shadowcaster item section.

noparlpf
2011-11-15, 08:55 PM
I believe that it is from Tome of Magic, in the Shadowcaster item section.

It is. I think the permanent version (as opposed to the one with daily uses) costs 22.500 gp or something like that.

kayden87
2011-11-15, 08:57 PM
Deepwood sniper is from Masters of the wild I beleive. My DM said he used it befor and hes allowing it.

so any suggestions at all?

Kilink
2011-11-16, 09:48 AM
I was just wondering how will you take all those weapon specialization feats if you need to be a lvl 4 fighter as a prerequisite...