PDA

View Full Version : what is this book?

kulosle
2011-11-16, 05:22 AM
legend of the five rings way of the ninja

i found it online and i don't know what to think of it. is it dnd? how old? is it 3.5 compatible? is there anything in it worth noting? so many questions. any thoughts?

Togath
2011-11-16, 05:49 AM
while I don't own the book, I do know about it; it's part of the rokugan campaign setting(a very well written 3.0 campaign setting), focusing on the rokugan ninja, if you're interested in the setting you may want to try the base Rokugan campaign setting, it's usually fairly cheap to order it online from something such as amazon, last time I looked at prices for it it was about 8-10$(pretty good for a campaign setting price-wise).
The Rokugan campaign setting main book contains a reprinted version of the oa samurai(with a slightly better enchantment mechanic, bringing it close to the power of a fighter), a reprinted version of the oa shugenja, with a different spell list(mostly blasting and healing, with some mass buffing), a class called the sohei(if I remember correctly) that focuses on a set of 3.0 feats that work a lot like 3.5 luck feats, the Rokugan ninja(possesses +1/lvl bab, full sneak attack, and some ac and speed boosting abilities), and the courtier(focuses on diplomancy and using the leadership feat, along with some skill monkey aspects)