PDA

View Full Version : Help with a Witch in a 3.5/Pathfinder mixed game

Jumilk
2011-11-16, 05:33 AM
Hello, people. :smallsmile:
I'm playing in a mixed 3.5/Pathfinder game, I just leveled up and I was wondering if you could help me with my character.
I'm a human Witch 5/Gunslinger (Mysterious Stranger) 1 and I'm taking my next level in Witch.
My feats are Otherwordly (because we use 3.5 Alter Self), Point Blank Shot and Two-weapon Fighting. I'm missing my level 5 feat (I forgot to choose it ^.^) and the feat I'll get on level 7. I also have Brew Potion and Gunsmith, but I got those as bonus feats.
My hexes from Witch are Cauldron, Prehensile Hair and Evil Eye.
My familiar is a monkey.
This level I'll get two new spells known, a new hex and a feat. Do you have any idea what I should take? All official Pathfinder and 3.5 books are allowed.

Ravens_cry
2011-11-16, 05:42 AM
Why Mysterious Stranger? Witches have no uses for charisma beyond social skills. Far be it from me to tell you how to run your character, but I really don't see the synergy.
There are other ways to build Jonah Hex.

Jumilk
2011-11-16, 05:49 AM
Why Mysterious Stranger? Witches have no uses for charisma beyond social skills. Far be it from me to tell you how to run your character, but I really don't see the synergy.
There are other ways to build Jonah Hex.

Because I'm a Bayonetta expy. ^.^
It just wouldn't be right to have low Charisma on her. I need it for Perform (dance) and Intimidate.

Ravens_cry
2011-11-16, 05:55 AM
Because I'm a Bayonetta expy. ^.^
It just wouldn't be right to have low Charisma on her. I need it for Perform (dance) and Intimidate.
Have you tried skill enhancing items? They are dirt cheap.

Jumilk
2011-11-16, 06:02 AM
Have you tried skill enhancing items? They are dirt cheap.

I'll try to get them eventually.

Psyren
2011-11-16, 09:11 AM
Bayonetta is an awesome idea but one I don't think the actual Witch class does very well (other than Prehensile Hair and maybe the Cauldron). You'd probably be better off with Incarnum/Binding/Psionics, and a refluff.

I agree with ravens_cry that you should probably go with a Cha-focused class for her, especially for 'Slinger and Dance synergy. She also seems to be more on the spontaneous side.

Anyway, abilities you will want to model:

- Shapeshifting (bird and cat forms)
- Witch Walk (running on walls and such; spider climb?)
- Witch Time (any way to gain extra actions works, though extra actions when someone misses you would be ideal)
- Spraying bullets everywhere while dancing (some kind of ranged whirlwind would be neat)
- Wicked Weave summons/finishers

Crasical
2011-12-01, 11:34 PM
*Spews cola*
AAAH I'd known that Prehensile Hair was a way to reload if you where dual-wielding pistols but I'd never made the Bayonetta connection until this moment.