PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder (Warrior1/)Pal4: What Level Next?

Theo Hammond
2011-11-16, 06:19 AM
I thought i was all decided but now i'm in a right boggle over where to go from here.

We're playing Pathfinder (core Paizo books only, so Core, APG, Ult Combat and Ult Magic really) and have just hit 5th level. I'm a 4th lvl Paladin who also has one freebie level of Warrior (npc class). Pretty rocking stats; Str 18, Dex 14, Con 16, Int 12, Wis 11, Cha 21. Mostly so far i've just been hitting things with a jolly big power attacked great axe and used an archetype to ditch my spells for some extra healing jollies.

My plan was to go in to Sorceror for 5th and then Dragon Disciple from there on in. All Cha-based, and the DD progression gives some great variety, interesting abilities, stat boosts so i really don't lose out fighty-wise at all. A nice interesting path through the mid-levels.

However i then realised that my current BAB is +5 (because of that warrior level) and that i'd need just one more fighty level to hit that magic +6/+1 two attacks bracket (where i'd probably take Vital Strike as my feat, trading in that wee second attack for a more hurty first one as i do tend to charge around a lot during a fight).

So now i'm torn between following my original plan of Pal4/Sor1 or delaying it by just one more level in order to make Pal5 or possibly Pal4/Barb1 (an allowed combination in our game).

So what would you take?
Pal5 = +6/+1 and Divine Weapon (5mins a day, though all in one go)
Pal4/Barb1 = +6/+1 and Rage (7rds, splittable) +10' move
Pal4/Sor1 = +5 still, but probably Shield and Enlarge as spells

Other info...I wear medium armour so that'd be 25% spell fail, which i can live with as it'll get better, but also means i qualify for the Fast Movement. Magic items are pretty rare so they're not in the mix for shenanigans (i have a lone +1 great axe and a extra doobry of +10' move). My current Mercy removes fatigue, so handy for removing penalties for coming out of Rage.

Thoughts?