PDA

View Full Version : Making the Sharingan in 3.P

Tokuhara
2011-11-16, 01:31 PM
Sharingan (http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Sharingan)

I need to find a way to do this psionically as either a "permanently inserted item" or as a group of Psi-like abilities in the form of almost a Template for a Kuresh (Hyperconscience). The fluff is my Third Eye acts, appears, and has effects of a Sharingan. If you can cover as many of the "core" abilities (Mimicry, Mangekyo Transformation, Amaterasu, Tsukoyumi, Susano'o), that would be ideal. If you can add the oddity/niche abilities (Kamui, chakra flow sight, hypnotism), that would also help.

Reason: I (judging from my avatar) am a Naruto fan. The sharingan is extrememly cool, but it has some over-the-top abilities. So I want to have one for a psionic character who is a Kuresh Psion build focused on ascetisim. He developed this ability through many years of deep meditation, awakening it when he awoke, an enlightened mentalist to see his temple aflame and his people butchered by a (insert BBEG's race) raid. He was the lone survivor, and thus awoke his third eye to a power of legend, the Sharingan. Yes, the story is a little cheesy, but it balances with his more monk-like philosophies

Dusk Eclipse
2011-11-16, 01:51 PM
From the Psionic Naruto Build Thread (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=6002)
Sharingan - Copying Wheel Eye - Uchiha Clan
The sharingan, rumored to be a lesser form of the Hyuuga's Byakugan is the bloodline limit of the Uchiha clan, and is carried by only three people. The two surviving Uchiha brothers, Itachi and Sasuke both carry the sharingan, as does Hatake Kakashi after having the awakened eye of his dying friend Uchiha Obito surgically placed in his wounded left eye. Despite not possessing Uchiha Blood, Kakashi is still masterful in using the sharingan. The sharingan comes in several forms, its strength derived from the number of tomoe (commas or pupils) present in each wheel. The most powerful standard form of the sharingan has three tomoe in each wheel. Finally, the legendary Mangekyou Sharingan or Kaleidoscope Copying Wheel, provides the user with near limitless power at great personal cost.

Inherent Powers of the Sharingan
Defensive Precognition, Offensive Precognition, and Offensive Prescience - Users of the sharingan extend their awareness in combat into the future, reading the intentions of their opponents and improving their reactions. This is a trait of the 3 tomoe eye.
Thieving Mindlink, Feat Leech, Leech Power Known (Hyperconscious) - The copying wheel that gives the sharingan its name, users of this can copy any genjutsu, taijutsu, or ninjutsu they have seen performed. This is a trait of the 2 tomoe eye.
Psionic True Seeing - The sharingan reveals the nature of genjutsu used against the user, and can in more powerful users, reveal the nature of more powerful techniques such as the kage bunshin no jutsu. This is a trait of all of the sharingans shown in the series.

Techniques Derrived from the Sharingan
Sharingan Genjutsu - Sharingan Illusion Techniques - False Sensory Input and/or Psionic Suggestion
Katon: Ryuuka no Jutsu - Fire Element: Dragon Fire Technique - Energy Stun: Fire
Chidori/Raikiri - 1000 Birds/Lightning Edge - Energy Flash: Lightning(Frostburn)
Magen Kyouten Chiten - Demonic Illusion: Mirror of Heaven and Earth - Reddopsi (used specifically against targeted illusions and false sensory input)

Techniques Derrived from the Mangekyou Sharingan
Tsukuyomi - God of the Underworld - Psychic Crush if you want to restrict to the XPH, however, more accurate would be either Phantasmal Killer, Psionic or Sensorinural Cascade both from Hyperconscious
Amaterasu - Goddess of the Sun - Psionic Disintegrate
Kamui - Energy Ball: Sonic or Ultrablast

Emperor Tippy
2011-11-16, 02:12 PM
How broken do you want it?

Mimicry: At will Psychic Chirurgery except forced on the target any only copies powers that they use without the XP cost.

Amaterasu: Blackfire (Spell Compendium)
Tsukoyumi: Microcosm
Susano'o: Timeless Body

Prediction: Hypercognition, Time Regression

You will note how most of those are 9th level powers.

Tokuhara
2011-11-16, 02:42 PM
My thought is that I want it to "level-up" with me so that I am not more powerful than an average party (2 Tier 1's and 2 Tier 3's). The party is:

An Elf Generalist Domain Wizard heading to Mage of the Arcane Order & Archmage

A Highborn/Noble Szarkai (Albin Drow) Crusader of The Mockery

A Sunscorch Hobgoblin Warblade/Unarmed Swordsage headed to Master of Nine

A Dragonborn Earth Dwarf Cleric of Chronepis

herrhauptmann
2011-11-16, 06:56 PM
My thought is that I want it to "level-up" with me so that I am not more powerful than an average party (2 Tier 1's and 2 Tier 3's). The party is:

An Elf Generalist Domain Wizard heading to Mage of the Arcane Order & Archmage

A Highborn/Noble Szarkai (Albin Drow) Crusader of The Mockery

A Sunscorch Hobgoblin Warblade/Unarmed Swordsage headed to Master of Nine

A Dragonborn Earth Dwarf Cleric of Chronepis

Give it a per week use: 4 rounds per week, does not have to be used continuously. But track it so that it doesn't just reset on sunday. Otherwise, use it up on satuday, then use it up again the next day on sunday. (Or sunday/monday, or friday/saturday depending on when you have your weeks start)
Using it seriously incapacitates your character after the fight. Not a problem in late levels when you just retreat to a pocket dimension for a few days. But an issue if you're operating with a time limit.

I like what Dusk posted, but I don't think chidori/raikiri should be on the list. Kakashi had it before the sharingan. Sasuke learned it quickly because of the sharingan. But in neither case was the chidori gained as a direct result of the sharingan. (If you go that route, might as well include every jutsu every sharingan wielder has copied from his enemy)

Tokuhara
2011-11-16, 07:53 PM
Give it a per week use: 4 rounds per week, does not have to be used continuously. But track it so that it doesn't just reset on sunday. Otherwise, use it up on satuday, then use it up again the next day on sunday. (Or sunday/monday, or friday/saturday depending on when you have your weeks start)
Using it seriously incapacitates your character after the fight. Not a problem in late levels when you just retreat to a pocket dimension for a few days. But an issue if you're operating with a time limit.

I like what Dusk posted, but I don't think chidori/raikiri should be on the list. Kakashi had it before the sharingan. Sasuke learned it quickly because of the sharingan. But in neither case was the chidori gained as a direct result of the sharingan. (If you go that route, might as well include every jutsu every sharingan wielder has copied from his enemy)

Per-Week is a stretch, Maybe a per day limit based on an ability score? Plus you have the side effects of usage.

And yes, the Chidori was created by Kakashi after he learned the Rasengan by his teacher and modified it. Sasuke learned it when he unlocked his two tome sharingan.

herrhauptmann
2011-11-16, 08:06 PM
And yes, the Chidori was created by Kakashi after he learned the Rasengan by his teacher and modified it. Sasuke learned it when he unlocked his two tome sharingan.
Gonna disagree with that, just from the flashback to young Kakashi and how he got his sharingan. (Kakashi Gaiden)
He already had the chidori, but was warned by the future 4th not to use it in battle. "It's an incomplete jutsu. With your speed, you can't see the counter your enemy is making and react to it in time." Something like that.

Yes, Sasuke LEARNED chidori due to the sharingan. (Without sharingan, he'd have needed longer to learn it, that's all) But sharingan didn't grant him the chidori like it grants Susan'o, Amaterasu, or Tsukiyomi. Nor does sharingan grant Sasuke his wide range of fire techniques.
If you go that route, might as well say teh dragon cannon (used by Zabuza against Kakashi) was a granted jutsu of the sharingan.

Tokuhara
2011-11-16, 08:21 PM
Gonna disagree with that, just from the flashback to young Kakashi and how he got his sharingan. (Kakashi Gaiden)
He already had the chidori, but was warned by the future 4th not to use it in battle. "It's an incomplete jutsu. With your speed, you can't see the counter your enemy is making and react to it in time." Something like that.

Yes, Sasuke LEARNED chidori due to the sharingan. (Without sharingan, he'd have needed longer to learn it, that's all) But sharingan didn't grant him the chidori like it grants Susan'o, Amaterasu, or Tsukiyomi. Nor does sharingan grant Sasuke his wide range of fire techniques.
If you go that route, might as well say teh dragon cannon (used by Zabuza against Kakashi) was a granted jutsu of the sharingan.

Sasuke learned it indirectly because of his two tome sharingan. At two tome, the ability of mimicry is fully unlocked, in the same way that the ability to use Blaze Release jutsu is obtained because Sasuke has the Mangekyo Sharingan. It isn't direct, like Itachi using Susano'o because he unlocked the full limits of of his Mangekyo. Two different effects equating to the same end result: new jutsu. Yes, technically the Sharingan has its own unique abilities, but it grants near-god-like abilities through its Mimicry ability

herrhauptmann
2011-11-16, 09:20 PM
Yes, it grants all those from mimicry. All I've been trying to say is that the Sharingan should only list the powers it specifically grants.
Such as: Mimicry, copy any jutsu you see. If you have the ability to cast that element, you can then cast that jutsu.

Just because someone learned an ability from the sharingan, doesn't mean it should be listed there under the powers of the sharingan. (Unless I'm missing something, and that's just the powers of specifically Sasuke's sharingan)

Darastrixia
2013-06-10, 04:58 PM
I know this is late but instead of making it a Psionic ability, I had it more of a curse/ritual based genetic hand-me-down and they kind of explain it was believed to be a curse. Thus upon finding the right tome, or having it in your bloodline, you have the ability to activate your sharingan. The duration of use is limited to 1 minute/point of Wis score, as most abilities of the sharingan seemed to be more of a wisdom based ability. so a Fighter with +3 wis modifier could use it for 3 minutes a day and it does not have to be simultaneously done. This is at 1 tome. At 2 Tome i decided to give it a longer duration but could only be unlocked by dm discretion. A fully Matured Sharingan has the ability to be used at will, but more than an hour usage in a week will inhibit sight, not permanent unless used for 3 hours or more. as for further uses of the Sharingan as the Mangekyō Sharingan can only be activated as an Epic Character. This helps the character progress more casually.

DMVerdandi
2013-06-10, 07:03 PM
I would make them into STP erudite feats.
Require each feat to have convert spell to power, and possibly a racial requirement.

Break them up by Tomoe.

Sharingan First tomoe-
Grant's all divination spells to the erudite's repetior.

Sharingan's Second tomoe-
All Illusion spells to the erudite's repetior.

Sharingan Third tomoe-
All enchantment spells to the erudite's repetior

Mangekyou will be singular feats that can be purchased after seeing your friend die. Each use of Mangekyou abilities does 10 points of Non-lethal damage.

Amaterasu-Blackfire

Tsukuyomi- Adds Maximize, extend, quicken, and heighten to all illusion spells/powers for 0 cost.

Susano'o- Conjure Midnight Construct

Kotoamatsukami-
Adds maximize, extend, quicken, and heighten to all enchantment spells/powers for 0 cost.

Kamui- Add all teleportation spells to erudite repetior. All teleportation spells are quickened.

Izanagi- Gain Mirror Image

Izanami- Gain Geas