PDA

View Full Version : [3.5]PEACH!Paladin ACF: Paladin of the Gods!

Howler Dagger
2011-11-16, 06:06 PM
Paladin of the Gods
Prequisite: Paladin level 5, must have a patron deity
Spellcasting: Add one domain slot to your spells per day. You have access to one cleric domain granted by your god and the special ability of that domain (treat your paladin level -3 as equivalent cleric level). At level ten, you may reduce spell of your first domain by 1 level for the purposes of perparing it. At level 15, you gain access to another domain granted by your god, and the special ability of it. At level twenty, you may reduce spells on all your domian lists by one for the purposes of preparing it.
Specila Mount: You lose the ability to call a special mount

So, any obvious abuses? Is it balanced? I felt it might be a boost, but paladins aren't that good anyway. I may adapt it to some paladin fixes from this forum.

boomwolf
2011-11-16, 07:16 PM
The reduced level is abuse-happy, considering many domain spells are already reduced by one level then normal. (for example "time" domain, don't remember where from, grants a level 2 haste spell, with this its a first level spell...)

I would have just given the domain spells and powers, its quite alot by itself, learning 8 spells and gaining 2 feats is alot, even in the long run. (lets assume that because many domains actually grant feats, or feat equivalents...)

Grod_The_Giant
2011-11-16, 09:18 PM
On the other hand, the reduction is kind of necessary, given that paladins have the slowest type of spellcasting progression in the game (4th level spells at level 14). Haste as a 1st level spell is hardly ridiculous when you can only cast it once or twice and the cleric is casting 5th level spells.