PDA

View Full Version : Easy ways to add Divine Spell to sorc [3.5]

Aemoh87
2011-11-16, 07:40 PM
I am away from most of my books right now, and I was wondering if there is an easy way to add a few divine spells to my sorc list. Any help would be amazing. I play in 2 Hours and I need to finish this char up right when I get home.

DeAnno
2011-11-16, 07:41 PM
If you play a UA Generic Spellcaster you can naturally take Divine spells, and otherwise it is almost identical to a Sorcerer (you lose Sorc-only spells though).

Elric VIII
2011-11-16, 07:49 PM
Specifically, what divine spells are you looking for?

Depending on the level, Rainbow Servant can add the entire Cleric list to the pool of spells you can choose to learn.

Hirax
2011-11-16, 07:53 PM
Arcane disciple from Complete Divine would probably do the trick, you add all the spells from that domain to your class spell list, which you can then pick as spells known. However, you can only cast cast each spell once per day, and they cast from wisdom, regardless of what your primary spellcasting stat(s).

Madcrafter
2011-11-16, 07:58 PM
Somehow, "easy way" doesn't bring 10 lvs in a prestige class to mind.

Though besides the methods mentioned above, and depending on whether you actually want divine spells, or just arcane divine spells, there is an ACF that trades your familiar for a domain IIRC, as well as the southern magician feat, the divine oracle PRC (which you only need one level of), the alternative source spell feat (don't remember if that one requires you to prepare or not).

deuxhero
2011-11-16, 07:58 PM
Be a dragon. Steel Dragon IIRC is the lowest LA+HD with casting (and you can up it with Loredrake I think).

hex0
2011-11-16, 08:01 PM
Arcane disciple from Complete Divine would probably do the trick, you add all the spells from that domain to your class spell list, which you can then pick as spells known. However, you can only cast cast each spell once per day, and they cast from wisdom, regardless of what your primary spellcasting stat(s).

If you are going to do that, I'd rather suggest playing a Favored Soul/Sorcerer/Mystic Theurge. Favored Soul is the divine sorcerer after all. On that thought, why not just play a favored soul in the first place?

Which divine spells are you after? You could take the Draconic Knowledge feat and do Sorcerer 5/Divine Oracle 2 and get some neat divination spells. And super evasion.