PDA

View Full Version : under construction

leegi0n
2011-11-16, 08:46 PM
lvl 8 party. I'm thinking about building a TWF, human - using rogue/swashbuckler/nightsong enforcer.

Thoughts?

Cog
2011-11-16, 09:03 PM
Nightsong Enforcer doesn't really offer much interesting that more levels of Swashbuckler with the Daring Outlaw feat wouldn't; it's mostly just a few small bonuses to skills.

leegi0n
2011-11-17, 08:46 AM
Nightsong Enforcer doesn't really offer much interesting that more levels of Swashbuckler with the Daring Outlaw feat wouldn't; it's mostly just a few small bonuses to skills.

Yeah, I ended up doing rogue4/swash3. TWF. Gloves of the Balanced hand, cloak of charisma to buff the Improved Feint feat, which I will bluff through to get the sneaky sneak attack damage. Daring Outlaw, of course to stack the bonuses.

Probably will finish out Swashbuckler as I level him up. Or rogue for more stacking sneak attack. I dunno at this point...

teslas
2011-11-17, 11:42 AM
If ToB is allowed make this the obligatory mention of a Swordsage dip. I like dipping in for two levels in low-level games as WIS to AC never hurt anyone. (And +1 BAB and Refl/Will saves) Even if you start with 8 or 10 WIS eventually you're going to have at least 12 after +WIS magical items. The level two three shadow hand stance is what you're going for with the +2d6 sneak attack damage. Not to mention that there is at least one level one maneuver that allows you to flank that does not require opposed die rolls you can use at least once per encounter.

There's really no reason to go more than Swashbuckler 3, ever.

Nightsong Enforcer is a good 1-level dip. There's not much there for you after that.

If you want cheap levels of sneak attack, but don't want to lose BAB, take the Fighter Thug variants found in Unearthed Arcana. 1 level dip for +1 BAB, d10 hit die, 4 skill points, and 1d6 sneak attack.

Feinting is generally a sub-par combat option ESPECIALLY with TWF unless you simply don't have any other melee-oriented allies in your game or spell-casters that have the slots for SNA or SM to *poof* you in a flanking partner.

edit-
Fixing misinformation.