PDA

View Full Version : Binder/PsyWar Healbot?

Tibbaerrohwen
2011-11-16, 09:15 PM
I'm currently working on a Binder/Psychic Warrior. His primary role is in combat, with some out of combat tricks thank to what Binders can accomplish with their insane versatility.
The current party he has been made for, however, lacks a healer. I know that dedicated healers usually aren't needed, but I'm wondering if there are any healing tricks a Binder can pull off.

Thanks.

deuxhero
2011-11-16, 09:17 PM
Pull something off via the summon monster ability a binder can get from a web article?

Psyren
2011-11-16, 09:43 PM
Is this gestalt, or are you simply multiclassing Binder and Psywar? What level are you starting at?

Buer gives you unlimited out of combat healing; with Improved Binding, you need 5 levels of Binder to get her.

However, the best way to "heal" as a Binder or a Psywar is to absorb everyone's damage. Share Pain, Empathic Transfer and Dahlver-Nar (obtainable at 1st-level) will let you take on the party's wounds; coupled with Vigor and Buer's Fast Healing, and you'll be able to soak up a lot of punishment. You can even absorb the party's poisons and diseases with empathic transfer (which Buer will make you immune to) or any ability damage they've taken (which you can then remove with Body Purification or with Naberius.)

Finally, you can use Mantled Warrior (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20070214a) to get the Life Mantle and get some healing powers that way. You can then reward yourself for your good nature by picking up Natural World with Tap Mantle, and getting Metamorphosis 3 levels early. :smalltongue:

sonofzeal
2011-11-16, 09:55 PM
Buer is not to be underrated. Useless as it is for in-combat healing, a source of free infinite out-of-combat healing is still useful and something that, in practice, many groups lack and could make good use of.

Really, that's enough. You don't need to worry about in-combat healing as it isn't practical most of the time anyway. And Buer will cover all the out-of-combat healing you're likely to need.

Use the rest of your resources on other tricks, offensive power and whatnot.

Tibbaerrohwen
2011-11-16, 11:56 PM
Is this gestalt, or are you simply multiclassing Binder and Psywar? What level are you starting at?

Buer gives you unlimited out of combat healing; with Improved Binding, you need 5 levels of Binder to get her.

However, the best way to "heal" as a Binder or a Psywar is to absorb everyone's damage. Share Pain, Empathic Transfer and Dahlver-Nar (obtainable at 1st-level) will let you take on the party's wounds; coupled with Vigor and Buer's Fast Healing, and you'll be able to soak up a lot of punishment. You can even absorb the party's poisons and diseases with empathic transfer (which Buer will make you immune to) or any ability damage they've taken (which you can then remove with Body Purification or with Naberius.)

Finally, you can use Mantled Warrior (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20070214a) to get the Life Mantle and get some healing powers that way. You can then reward yourself for your good nature by picking up Natural World with Tap Mantle, and getting Metamorphosis 3 levels early. :smalltongue:

I'm multiclassed Binder/PsyWar with 2 levels of each. I looked at the Mantled Warrior ACF but I think I'll actually stay away from it.

The issue with Share Pain and Dahlver-Nar is that I am sharing my damage with my party. I'm looking for something more akin to Shield Other where I can grab their damage.

AmberVael
2011-11-17, 12:00 AM
I'm multiclassed Binder/PsyWar with 2 levels of each. I looked at the Mantled Warrior ACF but I think I'll actually stay away from it.

The issue with Share Pain and Dahlver-Nar si that I and sharing my damage with my party. I'm looking for something more akin to Shield Other where I can grab their damage.

While the text of share pain does talk about giving your pain to others...

You can manifest this power on two willing subjects, one of which you designate to share its damage with the other.

In theory, you could just switch the designations.

Also, while Dahlver-Nar isn't good for keeping damage off your party, he CAN give your pain to your enemy. Which is good, especially when you're soaking damage off of everyone else. :smallamused:

Tibbaerrohwen
2011-11-17, 12:04 AM
Also, while Dahlver-Nar isn't good for keeping damage off your party, he CAN give your pain to your enemy. Which is good, especially when you're soaking damage off of everyone else. :smallamused:

What is the Will DC of that?

AmberVael
2011-11-17, 12:12 AM
10 + 1/2 Binder Level + Cha Mod, which is the standard DC for vestige abilities.

Tibbaerrohwen
2011-11-17, 12:15 AM
10 + 1/2 Binder Level + Cha Mod, which is the standard DC for vestige abilities.

Ya, that's what I thought. It's not too bad, but only 13 at this point. For CR 4-6 encounters, that's a slim margin of success.

Yuki Akuma
2011-11-17, 05:05 AM
At least with Binder abilities you can just keep trying until it works. No maximum uses per day and all that jazz.

ILM
2011-11-17, 05:15 AM
Binder 4 with Improved Vestige (to bind Tenebrous for the 1/5 rounds TU attempt) and the CD version of Sacred Healing will let you give Fast Healing 3 to all within 60 ft. It doesn't help for combat but out of combat healing ceases to be a problem.

Psyren
2011-11-17, 08:58 AM
Binder 4 with Improved Vestige (to bind Tenebrous for the 1/5 rounds TU attempt)

Nitpick: You need Binder 5 with Improved Binding to get Tenebrous (he's 4th-level, so you need Binder 7.)

OP: Have you considered War Mind instead of Psywar? You'll get more BAB, faster power progression, and some of your special attacks can be used with the Sweeping Strike ability (such as Andras' Smite or Marchosias/Malphas' precision damage attacks.)

hex0
2011-11-17, 12:47 PM
If you are backup healing, Draconic Aura (Vigor) isn't a horrible choice.

Tibbaerrohwen
2011-11-17, 09:10 PM
OP: Have you considered War Mind instead of Psywar? You'll get more BAB, faster power progression, and some of your special attacks can be used with the Sweeping Strike ability (such as Andras' Smite or Marchosias/Malphas' precision damage attacks.)

I love War Mind and have used it in the past. It's probably my favourite psionic PrC. I'm going into the psionic Anima Mage, however, and would like to qualify for it as quickly as possible.

I need four levels of either War Mind of PsyWar for 2nd level powers, but only 1 level of Binder for 2nd level Vestiges; I need 4 levels of Binder for a +3 BAB.