PDA

View Full Version : The Awakening

Pages : [1] 2

croaker
2011-11-16, 11:31 PM
You wake up on a sunny shore shackled to two others on each side, one is obviously dead but the other is trying to go inland and is dragging you. he doesnt seem to realize your alive. your head pounding from a mild headache you remember how you came to this place.

you remember being sold to a galley dont know exactly which direction you went but its seems like you've been rowing for days. luckily for you you were chained to some reasonable fellows that could row their own share. The night the whipmaster was going to bless you with his presence, a freak storm came from the north. after rocking around for 10 minutes they allowed you to take a break from rowing saying it was pointless in these conditions. using the storm as a chance to rest you started to lie down and the boat was flipped .when it flipped you banged your head against the side and everything went black.

leaving you with your current predicament. by this time the man notices you are awake and helps you to your feet
"can you walk, if we survived i believe some of those slavers are probably on the coast too."
you are on the shore to the west is the ocean, to the east you see a cliff face over the sand dunes about three miles off, more in the immediate vicinity there is three barrels going back and forth with the tide to the south and other signs of the boat being wrecked

Morbis Meh
2011-11-17, 12:55 AM
I stand up shakily, groaning from my pounding headache "Wes I chink I tan yalk I shake make head "I mean yes I can walk. Straining my eyes I see the barrels and I call to my sword "where are you, last time I saw you, you were with the slavers" I look at my fellow slave "We should try to get those barrels they may have something useful in them"
Will I be able to get my sword and spellbook back because they are integral to my class....

croaker
2011-11-17, 07:36 PM
the man seems eager to leave but since your bound he has little choice since your bound together"fine but we need to hurry we wont be able to out run anyone with this dead weight" indicating the dead man your chained to.

inside barrel number onethere is a crack in the side of the barrel and its empty except for a little sea water, making you believe it probably held some sort of liquid.

inside barrel number twoit is heavy and you have to open it with hands that are shaking with weariness, to discover some wet powder probably some drug.

inside barrel number threewhen you reach this one you notice a spear sticking out of the open top, seems most of the weapons were washed away but luckily there are some left: bronze spear,2 bronze short swords, a iron hand axe,and a bronze dagger.

upon finding this the man chained to you grunts as if in approval and grabs the hand axe and sets to freeing you of your "dead" weight.

just noticed forgot to describe your rowing matehe is around 6' tall moderately muscled frame wearing a loin clothe, bald head with a blood drop tattooed under his eye and sunken brown eyes.

Morbis Meh
2011-11-17, 07:54 PM
Thea gingerly grabs one of the short swords and tests its blade with her hand. Noticing that it was indeed sharp she swiftly cuts the rags off of the now deceased slave then gathers as much of the wet powder as she can. Thea then wraps the rags around the powder as best as she can. She looks towards her companion "Do you have any idea where we are? We need to find those slavers quickly before they get out of our reach!

croaker
2011-11-17, 07:59 PM
"wait you want to go back to the slavers, your insane if you think your going to drag me all the way back to them," he says as he finishes chopping the hands off the dead man so he could get the manacles off of him."what I'm going to do is go inland hope there is a way up that cliff face and run like hell-hounds are chasing me."

he turns to get the spear and looks at you calculatingly.

Morbis Meh
2011-11-17, 08:08 PM
She offers the man a sympathetic look I understand your concern but I am not the type of person to allow someone to imprison me against my will and let them get away without retribution. Besides there are others that need help and I will not flee because it is convenient; every person deserves freedom and so help me I will see to it that those bastards are repaid thrice over... if you want to leave so badly I suggest you cut off your hand because I am finding them. Thea stands up with her blade and makeshift parcel and begins to follow the coastline in the opposite direction of the cliffs.

croaker
2011-11-17, 08:42 PM
he sighs"just had to get chained to a uptight goody two shoes" grumbles "you know you shouldnt turn your back on a desperate man" but makes no threating movements. just keeps on grumbling how her actions would have gotten her killed where hes from.

so you head north nothing but a couple of pieces of driftwood to mark your progress.

after about half an hours travel you hear the shout of some one nearby a little inland so you look to your right and see a skinny young man scars running up and down his chest crest a dune full out sprinting in your direction. hes bleeding from multiple new cuts. he freezes when he sees you not knowing if your a threat to him or not.

Morbis Meh
2011-11-17, 08:54 PM
Thea stares at the man quickly discerning whether or not he is a threat. Noticing that he is running and is injured she decides that this man in not a threat unless she foolishly makes him one. Thea lifts her bound hand up and calmly says "I shall not harm you, I reserve that for the ones who did this to. So worry not I will not interfere with you but only ask what or who are you running from and have you seen a group of slavers?

croaker
2011-11-17, 09:30 PM
seeming very agitated he blurts out "they are right behind me they, they are Right Behind ME!!!." as he runs south not waiting for any response.

as this occurs three men in leather steps over the crest that the scared man came from moments before. they seemed thrilled at the idea of the chase and upon seeing you their smiles doubled in size."hey boss the rat got away but he led us to some great fun." the lead man said as he pulled out his club instead of the short sword strapped to his waist his friends did the same.

when the reached the bottom of the dune a fat man crested the hill, wearing cross-straps across his bulging body. his voice reminiscent of a pig sqealed with glee at the sight of you "hello my dear i thought that i would never have the pleasure of seeing you ever again, especially before you were blessed with my gift" he says unstrapping the whip at his side with much care.

it was Sedric the whip-master the man in charge of making sure the slaves worked their hardest. dressed in his usually cross-strap, with a small helmet that barely fit his head and tight fitting breeches that barely held in his girth.

Morbis Meh
2011-11-17, 09:44 PM
Thea grinned wolfishly "I am glad you fools made this easy for me now which one of you would like to die first? Taking a low stance, Thea prepared for the oncoming assault and focuses her arcane energies into her weapon. She whispers to her companion Have you ever fought to kill before?. Before he could answer, Thea throws the parcel at the slavers hoping that the powder had dried enough to hang in the air upon contact.

If you need an a attack roll here it is:
1d20+6
here is my initiative roll as well:
1d20+4

croaker
2011-11-17, 09:52 PM
"are you kidding me i was part of the Reapers i can kill" he says as he readies himself to throw the spear

initiative rolls
Sedric-[roll0]
leather men-[roll1]
chain man-[roll2]

the leather men are at a distance of 50ft while Sedric is at the top of the dune at a distance of 60ft with the last 10ft being very steep (double movement cost). the chains mean you have to stay within 5 feat of your chained companion or make bull rush attempt to drag him.

Morbis Meh
2011-11-17, 09:54 PM
I will retry my rolls.... attack roll for the bag[roll0]
initiative [roll1]

croaker
2011-11-17, 10:03 PM
seizing the initiative the leather men happily charge at the man next to you believing a man to be a bigger threat ignoring the bag you threw in their general direction. while Sedric casually reaches the bottom of the dune whistling a jaunty tune.

chain mans readied attack
[roll0]
[roll1]

attacks vs chain man
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]

the first man charging got struck in the chest and fell to the ground, and seems like he is staying down at least for now. the remaining two get to the chained man one he dodges easily but the other one bashes him in the back of the leg with his club hard.

Morbis Meh
2011-11-17, 10:07 PM
Noticing her comrade struck an opponent successfully she attacks the same foe.

[roll0]
[roll1]

croaker
2011-11-17, 10:19 PM
the man curses tries to finish off the man so he can get you singled out. while you were busy Sedric comes over suprisingly quiet"you shouldn't fight against your betters" he says as he lashes out at you with his whip.

groaning the chained man wildly flails with his axe at the uninjured slaver trying to keep himself from being flanked.

leather men attacks chain man
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Sedric attacks you
[roll4]
[roll5]

chain man attacks uninjured guard
[roll6]
[roll7]

the chain man was knocked out with a brutal hit to his temple. while you were lashed on the shoulder for a brutal flesh tearing hit.

Morbis Meh
2011-11-17, 10:24 PM
Wincing from the pain Thea strikes at another guard.
[roll0]
[roll1]

croaker
2011-11-17, 10:30 PM
the slavers leather though thin stopped the blade that pressed against the man.
mad he jabs in with his club trying to position himself opposite his ally(attack of opportunity). while Sedric giggles at the sight of your pain and lashes at you again.

leather men attacks
[roll0]<---attack of opportunity might prevent this
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Sedric's attack
[roll4]
[roll5]

oh and Sedric is using weapon at 10ft range.

Morbis Meh
2011-11-17, 10:35 PM
Noticing the vulnerable position that her opponent placed himself in, Thea strikes at her opponent and groans from the blow. Redoubling her efforts she strikes a second time at the same man trying to deny him his advantage.

AoO
[roll0]
[roll1]

attack
[roll2]
[roll3]

croaker
2011-11-17, 10:45 PM
dodging your attack of opportunity and missing his strike he attacks once more frustrated at his continued failure to hit you.

leather man attacks
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Sedrics strike
[roll4]
[roll5]

Morbis Meh
2011-11-17, 10:48 PM
Breathing heavily from overexertion and dehydration, Thea lashes out yet again with grim determination.

....I am having the worst luck in the world
[roll0]
[roll1]

croaker
2011-11-17, 10:55 PM
the slaver surprised by your retaliation moved into your blade impaling himself. the other slaver afraid decides that it isnt worth dying for the possibility of one slave girl. and withdraws.

Sedric however is estatic at the sight of blood even though some of it is his own guards.

Sedrics lash
[roll0]
[roll1]

Morbis Meh
2011-11-17, 10:58 PM
With a grim smile Thea moves into position to strike at the man she loathes, with a great cry she lunges with her blade at the whipmaster's midsection.

5ft step then attack
[roll0]
[roll1]

Morbis Meh
2011-11-17, 11:00 PM
fml... 3rd one today....
[roll0]

Morbis Meh
2011-11-17, 11:01 PM
well that didn't work
[roll0]

croaker
2011-11-17, 11:18 PM
taking a 5ft back he says confidently"after i show you your place will you teach me to read you interesting book?" and takes another strike at you

Sedrics strike
[roll0]
[roll1]

Morbis Meh
2011-11-17, 11:22 PM
Oh I didn't know dimwits like you actually knew how to read. I guess you're just mongoloid. Moves 5ft and slashes again.

[roll0]
[roll1]

croaker
2011-11-17, 11:27 PM
surprisingly in one swing you bring a man of his girth to his knees then to his back as he falls his legs giving out, slipping into unconsciousness.

Morbis Meh
2011-11-17, 11:31 PM
With one quick movement Thea stabs the sword through the man's throat. I shall be merciful... you deserved much worse. With that said Thea spits on the corpse and quickly loots the bodies of the slavers. She quickly dons the leather armour and tries to wake up her companion.

croaker
2011-11-17, 11:41 PM
the loot2 bronze shortswords, 2 clubs, whip, *spellbook*, 7 gold and 27 copper pieces, key chain. oh and the leather armor of course (though tis a bit bloody)

the chained man rouses after you start shaking him in earnest, his wounds not life threatening though they will bother the man for some time.

noticing the 3 dead he gives you a quick up and down look "might i ask why someone of your skill was captured in the first place, these worms," accentuated with a kick to a corpse"definitely didnt capture you so whats your story?"
he starts to put on the leather armor but the chains themselves seem to be working against him.(yeah you wont be able to don the armor with your hands chain the way they are)

Morbis Meh
2011-11-17, 11:50 PM
Without skipping a beat, Thea grabs the key and unlocks her manacles. Rubbing her wrists she replies "I was abducted while I was inebriated... that is all... they were lucky to keep me out for a day. Thea tosses the key to the man then quickly dons the leather armour. She then bends down and picks up her book and caresses it like it was a long lost lover. "I must have some time to prepare... give me an hour. By the way how did you get captured?

croaker
2011-11-17, 11:59 PM
"well the clergy round my parts is harsh against those who disagree they drugged my food and next thing i knew i was in a cage dragged by camels been a slave for 2 years, its not a life-style i enjoy so lets get out of here," he says while undoing the manacles and putting the leather armor on"now that you dont have to risk your neck for your pretty paper we should head for the nearest town so we can get lost. "

he seems hesitant to set out on his own waiting to see what you do.

Morbis Meh
2011-11-18, 07:36 PM
Not looking up from her book Thea retorts "If you want to leave be my guest, I am not here to hold your hand; however, I fully intend to take care of the rest of the slavers and free the remaining people. If you choose to join me then I wouldn't refuse the help but if you want to leave I will not stop you... uh... what was your name again? Anyways, I need to focus for the next hour regardless of your decision, so I suggest you find yourself something to do in the meantime. After speaking her piece, Thea ponders to herself how oafs like this are able to even breathe without being told to but shrugs the thought dismissively and allows herself to absorb the arcane knowledge held within the book.

croaker
2011-11-19, 08:51 PM
"my names Jed, and if you want to have your revenge on those slavers i am willing to help though if we want to have a chance i think we should move away i distinctly remember there being 4 when before i was knocked out," Jed says as he starts towards the dunes heading inland.

Morbis Meh
2011-11-20, 12:49 AM
With a huff Thea gets up abruptly Fine, lets find a place with a little more cover... it looks like you could use a bit of a rest. Do you have any idea of where we could find such a place?

croaker
2011-11-20, 01:34 PM
"not a clue, but the dunes might have some nooks that can hide us for a little bit," Jed says as he crests the dune that the slavers came from.

Morbis Meh
2011-11-20, 02:17 PM
Thea begins to follow behind her companion, keeping a look out for a sheltered place to rest and prepare for the next assault.

Survival? [roll0]

croaker
2011-11-20, 10:22 PM
you find a cave that has signs of being a winter home of a small mammal (its spring). entrance is 5ft wide its proportions are like a "T" with the main part 10ft wide. it has roots poking through the roof but seems structurally sound and has a dry if hard floor.

after initial discovery Jed goes as far from the entrance as possible and lays down "wake me when your done with your study session, i dont want to miss out on killing the scum of Tangon"

kinda funny your first 20 is on a survival check

Morbis Meh
2011-11-20, 11:41 PM
Thea sighs inwardly and moves towards the back of the cave and sit far away enough from the entrance to not be noticed but close enough to see outside of it. After an hour's study feeling rejuvenated she calmly wakes her companion "I am ready to leave but if you still need rest we can wait longer. She looks at the massive lump that recently formed on his head "After the beating you took, most men would be out for a day or so.

I know this is truly weird but oh well! Anyways, I assume that I have recovered so non lethal damage, how much would you say that I have recovered?

croaker
2011-11-21, 02:02 AM
"i think that im in no shape for battle at this time, but if your going to run off to your running off to kill some of those bastards you might need the company" Jed says wiping dirt from his face and arms.

so far it has been around 2 hours so you healed 6 points of non-lethal damage(the only type you took)

each hour you wait will give you 3 hp back so right now i think your around 11 right?just say how long you want to rest if your going to and if its more than 2hours roll your add your hitdice(d8+level+con modifier)

Morbis Meh
2011-11-21, 05:56 PM
Very well, we shall rest for a couple more hours, since you intend to accompany I will not lead you to your death. Besides, we should come up with some sort of plan.

I am going to rest for 2 more hours [roll0]

After hashing out a loose plan involving Jed running out to gain the slaver's attention while Thea ambushes them as they come across her unknowingly, Thea gets up and starts to move out in the last known direction of the slavers.

croaker
2011-11-21, 06:26 PM
now it is late in the evening with less then two hours of daylight you see smoke in the distance to the north. Jed just grunts and keeps moving if slightly slower wary of possible ambushes. after half an hour more travel the smoke seems to be just past a cluster of dunes.

you heal an extra 3 for walking north for roughly an hour.

Morbis Meh
2011-11-21, 06:53 PM
Thea also slows down her pace weary of their vulnerability out in the open. Looking for a spot in the distance to lay her own ambush, she signals to Jed that she will take the lead.

Stealth [roll0]
Perception roll [roll1] [

croaker
2011-11-21, 07:20 PM
luckily as you get closer you spot the watchmen nestled in between two rocks on a dune to your right about 60ft away 15ft up a slope.unluckily he spotted you also. he quickly gets up and is in the midst of trying to pull out his bow.

[roll0]
scout

croaker
2011-11-21, 07:21 PM
woops forgot Jed [roll0]

Morbis Meh
2011-11-21, 07:24 PM
Initiative roll [roll0]

Damn! We've been spotted, take cover!

croaker
2011-11-21, 08:41 PM
the lookout takes out his bow for a snapshot at you while Jed scurries over to the base of the dune.

lookouts attack1d20+2

croaker
2011-11-21, 08:42 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]

Morbis Meh
2011-11-21, 08:52 PM
The hit to the shoulder causes they to gasp but she manages to steel herself and run up to the scouts shooting spot.

Holy hell man you roll like a demon while I roll like crap! Anyways I should be right up to the scout right now (x4 move is 120 even with the 15 feet increase in slope I should be able to reach him no problem!

croaker
2011-11-21, 08:57 PM
surprised at your persistence he withdraws 30ft up the hill shouting for help as he does so.

Jed afraid he would get away dashes 15ft up the slope and chucks the spear. which went wide to the right of the lookout.

yeah the dice gods love me when i make my players life hell. but alas doesnt help when im the player.
Jeds spear chuck
[roll0]
[roll1]

Morbis Meh
2011-11-21, 09:01 PM
Thea moves 15 feet up the hill then begins to chant, drawing the arcane energies within her she shoots out a blast of bright colours that slams into the scout.

Colour Spray ftw, DC 14

croaker
2011-11-21, 09:07 PM
[roll0] and couple more letters

Morbis Meh
2011-11-21, 09:08 PM
.... I am so close to giving up it's not even funny... my average rolls is like a 7 and yours are 15-16

croaker
2011-11-21, 09:10 PM
the color spray hits the running man but he didnt seem to even feel any effect and runs 15 ft up and takes anouther snap shot
while Jed runs right up to him trying to prevent him from shooting anymore shots

bow shot
[roll0]
[roll1]

the dune is 10ft higher and leads up to an even larger one that is another 30ft higher.

Morbis Meh
2011-11-21, 09:14 PM
Thea charges up the hill as she channels her power into her sword and as she reaches her opponent she brings her sword down with a fierce cry.

Please dice gods don't hate me I am but a humble servant...
[roll0]
[roll1]

croaker
2011-11-21, 09:20 PM
knowing he wasnt going to get away the lookout gives out a yell of desperation drawing a dagger and lunged at you.
and Jed seeking to cut him off even further takes a 5ft step and sliced at him with the hand-axe.

lunge
[roll0]
[roll1]
Jed
[roll2]
[roll3]

Jed's arced attack bites deeply into the mans shoulder and brings him to the ground the man starts to bleed deeply from his two wounds.

Morbis Meh
2011-11-21, 09:25 PM
Seeing her advantage, Thea presses the scout and attacks while her enemy is preoccupied.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Morbis Meh
2011-11-21, 09:29 PM
critical hit confirmation [roll0]

croaker
2011-11-21, 09:56 PM
the man had to be immortal to survive the thrust deep into his heart.

Jed grins "that was a nice warm-up, we should go see who he was calling to as he ran" as he almost soundlessly ran up the last 10ft and started skirting the larger dune.

Morbis Meh
2011-11-21, 10:03 PM
Grunting with effort, Thea removes the arrow that was embedded in her shoulder. We might as well wait a moment or two and see what comes a running, no sense giving up the high ground if we don't have to. With a quick fluid motion Thea sheathes her sword and grabs the bow and arrows from the recently deceased slaver.

perception [roll0]

croaker
2011-11-21, 10:08 PM
you are caught by complete surprise as a man bursts from the sand of the dune itself 10ft up on the larger dune and shoots at Jed as he passes.

bow attack 1d20
+4
[roll0]

initiative
[roll1]
[roll2]<--Jed

Morbis Meh
2011-11-21, 10:10 PM
initiative [roll0]

croaker
2011-11-21, 10:10 PM
[roll0] arrow attack

croaker
2011-11-21, 10:13 PM
using the surprise in his favor he quickly shoots another shot and moves 15ft higher up on the slope.
while Jed goes and retrieves his spear.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Morbis Meh
2011-11-21, 10:16 PM
Did you get a surprise round? Or can I now say what I am doing?

croaker
2011-11-21, 10:18 PM
his surprise round was shot at Jed his initiative round was a shot at Jed he doesn't seem to see you.(probably the sand in his eye.)

Morbis Meh
2011-11-21, 10:19 PM
Concentrating on the bow Thea, allows more arcane energy to flow through her and into her weapon. With a slow steady breath she notches an arrows, takes aim and lets loose an arrow at their new assailant.
[roll0]
[roll1]

croaker
2011-11-21, 10:25 PM
the arrow flys true and hits him in the side. pain lancing through his body with each step he moves 10ft higher up and shoots at you.

Jed moves 15 ft up the slope and throws his spear again praying for better luck than last time.

arrow meant for you
[roll0]
[roll1]

spear meant for him(only attacks if you dont kill him first)
[roll2]
[roll3]

btw: you have 6 arrows left in the quiver that used to belong to the lookout.

Morbis Meh
2011-11-21, 10:29 PM
Thea follows her prey up 10 ft. letting fly another arrow.

[roll0]
[roll1]
5 arrows left!

croaker
2011-11-21, 10:33 PM
reaching the lip of the dune the man shoots once more

Jed then rushes up to the man going to stop him in close combat.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Morbis Meh
2011-11-21, 10:39 PM
Thea curses at her companion and prepares to fire one more arrow before her ally gets in the way of her shot. Focusing intently on their attacker Thea draws back the bow string smoothly and releases the arrow.
[roll0]
[roll1]

croaker
2011-11-21, 10:41 PM
the man turns to give a yell but an arrow slides into his lower back and he is flung off his feet. Jed retrieves his spear after checking the man and seeing he isnt getting up without help any time soon.

Morbis Meh
2011-11-21, 10:45 PM
Thea catches up to her companion and says whilst giving a roguish grin "Didn't your mother ever tell you not to throw stick, someone's eye just might get put out" . After she had delivered her playful jest, Thea quickly looted the remaining arrows from the other quiver.

croaker
2011-11-21, 11:35 PM
Jed whistles appreciatively as he looked down the slope on the other side "well, i think we have alot more fun ahead of us if you mean to kill all the slavers"

down the slope about 80ft down the slope and 100ft from the base of the dune was the slaver camp there were three makeship tents made from the sails of the ship and it was bustling with activity as they staked down the slaves that they managed to re-capture.
2 slavers standing guard over the tent farthest from the slave area, 3 slavers patrolling the perimeter of the camp and another 2 guarding the slaves themselves which there was around 20 1 third the original number acting as labor aboard the galley. there were 4 more slavers around a campfire that the smoke originated. and probably some more you didnt see inside the tents.

looking to the east is a long flat that no dune disturbed leaving you with no cover but to the west along the spine of the dune met up with 3 more smaller dunes that curved closer to the camp. near the end of which sat half the ship. the storm that broke it must have been mighty indeed to have struck it in half.

7 more arrows!

Morbis Meh
2011-11-21, 11:42 PM
We need to create a distraction... one of us needs to get to the slave area and release the prisoners.. With that being said Thea begins down the hill.

croaker
2011-11-22, 08:22 PM
can you be more specific are you going straight down the hill. to east or west. its still light out if that helps make your decision.

Morbis Meh
2011-11-22, 08:40 PM
Thea begins her descent westward so she can have some measure of cover, along the way she asks Jed "If I created a big enough distraction would you be able to go around and free the slaves without me?

croaker
2011-11-22, 09:21 PM
"well it shouldn't be too hard if you make them turn the other way, may the gods favor you." Jed replies sarcastically, running east staying below the crest of the dune

Morbis Meh
2011-11-22, 09:38 PM
Crouching low, Thea draws ever nearer to the make shift camp, keeping her senses sharp as she drew closer to the ship.
stealth [roll0]
perception [roll1]

croaker
2011-11-22, 09:45 PM
as you reach the cluster of dunes you see a slaver on the lip peering over the lip of a dune south. he doesn't seem to have noticed you.

he is around 35 ft away prone on the dune, holding a crossbow. with two other crossbows beside him loaded and ready.

Morbis Meh
2011-11-22, 09:51 PM
Thea moves 10 feet closer to her victim and begins to softly chant, shaping the arcane proses into sound and projecting it as a scream coming from above the prone sentry.
Ghost sound DC 13

croaker
2011-11-22, 09:56 PM
startled the slaver looks up then back at the camp his arms shaking as he holds the crossbow. he looks around but doesn't seem to have noticed you.

Morbis Meh
2011-11-22, 10:16 PM
Chuckling Thea begins another incantation this time concentrating on the air around one of the loaded cross bows. As her focus intensifies she begins lifting the crossbow which she then points at the slavers head.

croaker
2011-11-22, 10:38 PM
seeing no one he bends over to retrieve his equipment and shouts in surprise as he sees the crossbow levitating before his eyes and quickly makes a run for it down the slope.not caring about leaving the crossbows now.

Morbis Meh
2011-11-22, 10:47 PM
With another obstacle out of the way, Thea continues on towards the camp, keeping her eyes and ears keen.
stealth [roll0]
perception [roll1]

croaker
2011-11-22, 11:18 PM
after reaching the end of the dune and get past the smaller dunes you are roughly 60ft from the remains of the galley that washed up on shore. there is two slavers that are tearing pieces off for some purpose,firewood or some other.

you are about 80ft from camp and the boat is 30ft from the camp.

Morbis Meh
2011-11-22, 11:25 PM
Thead moves slowly toward the galley getting within range to cast another spell. Praying that her luck hasn't run out yet she casts ghost sound again this time emulating a shout from from the camp calling the other 2 slavers back.

stealth [roll0]

croaker
2011-11-22, 11:36 PM
luckily they were to busy ripping off some wood,upon hearing the shout they start grumbling and picks up the pieces they already hacked off and start towards the camp.

Morbis Meh
2011-11-22, 11:43 PM
Waiting until the two men left, Thea slowly advances towards the ship's remain and quickly looks to see if her sword is amongst the wreckage or anything of value.
perception (I will quickly look and loot anything before moving towards the camp) [roll0]

After quickly searching the ship, Thea presses forward at a slow and steady pace looking for other sentries as she passes.

perception [roll1]
stealth [roll2]

croaker
2011-11-22, 11:56 PM
the boat is a wreck after a couple minutes of searching the wreckage you dont find anything of value only waterlogged foodstuff and some soaked clothing.

after searching the ship and heading toward the camp you hear a cry. after which you notice a lone sentry circling around a tent saw you. his cry an alarm to his fellows. he grabs for his sword at his hip.

initiative
[roll0]

Morbis Meh
2011-11-23, 12:01 AM
Cursing her stupidity Thea draws her sword.

initiative [roll0]

Morbis Meh
2011-11-23, 12:10 AM
Thea quickly moves closer to the camp, while on the move she infuses her sword with arcane might then casts grease on the camp fire hoping to set the people around it aflame before they can react.

croaker
2011-11-23, 12:15 AM
the sentry gives out another cry as he pulls out his blade and moves behind you to cut off your escape while another sentry comes around from the right and 4 men come out of two of the tents though lacking in armor wielding bronze swords.

the men around the fire try to get out of the grease fire as fast as possible to avoid catching fire.

reflex rolls
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

3 of them made it easily with slight burns but one wasnt so lucky he caught and dropped to the ground trying to put out the flames but the place he dropped was on fire so his thrashing stopped soon after.

Morbis Meh
2011-11-23, 12:28 AM
Thea casts truestrike on herself then takes a 5 footstep towards one of the sentries and attacks with her sword that is channeling shocking grasp.

1d20+30[/roll]
Physical Damage [roll0]
Electric Damage [roll1]

Morbis Meh
2011-11-23, 12:29 AM
(+20 from true strike, +7 from normal and +3 from socking grasp[roll0]

Morbis Meh
2011-11-23, 12:33 AM
Rolling confirmation on crit (though I am sure it is not necessary) [roll0]
if I don;t get the bonuses [roll1]

croaker
2011-11-23, 12:43 AM
after delivering a brutal strike to the sentry he falls to the ground bleeding heavily. the other sentry closes in and strikes in anger as the men around the campfire close the distance now there are four men around you(though you arent flanked ...yet)
while the third sentry takes out his bow meaning to fire into the frenzy of limbs and bodies.
then the men in the tents go to surround you. while the two guarding the obviously leaders tent keep back.

croaker
2011-11-23, 12:45 AM
woops forgot to roll attacks

archer
[roll0]
[roll1]
sentry1
[roll2]
[roll3]

the arrow is about to hit you dead in the leg before one of the men running towards you from the campfire gets in the way and is scraped in the arm changing the course of the arrow.

Morbis Meh
2011-11-23, 12:48 AM
Grinning wildly Thea shouts out "Come on you cowards how many of you so called "Men" does it take to restrain a lady?". With her statement made Thea retreats knowing that her ploy was successful.

croaker
2011-11-23, 12:53 AM
withdraw or full run ?(full run provokes 4 AoO)but withdraw means that 3 people are going to charge you.

croaker
2011-11-23, 12:58 AM
backing up the crit
[roll0]
i think your at 11 health.

Morbis Meh
2011-11-23, 12:59 AM
I am full running roll your AoO, besides if it is a withdraw all 4 can't charge because they'd bump into one another

Morbis Meh
2011-11-23, 01:04 AM
It is at 11... I think the dice are rigged 90% of the time I can't roll higher than a 7 while you don't roll below 15...

croaker
2011-11-23, 01:05 AM
four aoo's
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]

Morbis Meh
2011-11-23, 01:07 AM
Thea nimbly dodges all four blows and continues to run for all she is worth, ignoring the throbbing pain of her wounds she tries to buy more time for Jed.

croaker
2011-11-23, 01:10 AM
none hitting they're mark you dash off sounds of frustration at your back and a shout"dont let her get away you idiots" from a gruff voice.

so they give chase one is able to close the gap to within grasp(5ft)
the others are one step behind while the men from the tent try to go around to cut by running parallel hoping for the coast line to bend so that you would have to change directions.

arrow attack
[roll0]
[roll1]

croaker
2011-11-23, 01:12 AM
one aoo this round if you wish to keep ahead.

Morbis Meh
2011-11-23, 01:12 AM
Noticing their tactic Thea runs even harder to break free of their trap.

By the way just from general turn order I should be really far ahead of the other 3 guys just because they closed in on me the same turn I ran away

croaker
2011-11-23, 01:16 AM
the slaver behind you panting hard gives a slow swing

AoO
dully noted about the three fire victims.
[roll0]<--arrow(really wish it would do something)
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

Morbis Meh
2011-11-23, 01:20 AM
also you should note I am way out of range for the archer, I get 4X my move speed at a full run even if he moved 30ft then shot, I am gaining 60ft a round...

Anyways Thea strikes to kill off her loan assailant then moves away.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Morbis Meh
2011-11-23, 01:21 AM
confirming crit roll [roll0]

croaker
2011-11-23, 01:24 AM
yeah forgot to penalize it for going out of the range increment

after getting sliced he gives a swing as you run and charges
surprisingly there seems to be a problem at the camp seems one of the tents are on fire as well as a couple men running off into the distance.
aoo
[roll0]
[roll1]
charge
[roll2]
[roll3]

Morbis Meh
2011-11-23, 01:26 AM
Laughing at her opponent Thea lunges forward for another quick strike before moving away yet again[roll0]
[roll1]

Morbis Meh
2011-11-23, 01:27 AM
crit confirm! [roll0]

croaker
2011-11-23, 01:32 AM
crumpling to the ground the man gives out his last breath. this is when you notice that the slavers going parallel to you gave up chase. leaving it to the men you grease fired to contain you. which they come running full tilt at you finally catching up as you finish off the sentry.

Morbis Meh
2011-11-23, 01:35 AM
Thea takes a swipe at the closest with her sword before moving back 5 feet
please sweet dice gods be kind... [roll0]
[roll1]

croaker
2011-11-23, 01:40 AM
they quickly try to surround you so AoO to you. the one up front gives a thrust aiming for your heart while the other two go for strikes to cripple your movement.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]<-----can prevent through aoo
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Morbis Meh
2011-11-23, 01:41 AM
AoO [roll0]
[roll1]

Morbis Meh
2011-11-23, 01:43 AM
I think it's pretty safe to say that at this point I am dead... so I guess unless you do some DM fudging, I thank you for your time and effort

Trying to eliminate the advantage her foes have on her, Thea strikes at her opponent
Here's my last attack before I most likely die... [roll0]
[roll1]

croaker
2011-11-23, 01:48 AM
the strike is solid and strikes the already injured man to the ground while the other two try to avenge him.
flanking you to gain a slight advantage
i personally dont like to fudge things so much more fun when things turn out good.
attacks
[roll0]+2
[roll1]
[roll2]+2
[roll3]

Morbis Meh
2011-11-23, 01:51 AM
Desperately Thea lashes out at another man while channeling more power into her weapon, a faint glimmer of hope growing in her heart.
I agree, and if I go down I would rather go down valiantly in battle!!! [roll0]
[roll1]

croaker
2011-11-23, 01:55 AM
another man falls to your blade holding the wound on his side dropping to the ground. the last man seeing his fellows taken so easily gives a desperate strike at you.and runs

[roll0]
[roll1]

i dont think the dice gods favor me this day...

Morbis Meh
2011-11-23, 02:02 AM
Thea quickly charges the man not wanting him to escape her!
I am probably pushing it... [roll0]
[roll1]

Morbis Meh
2011-11-23, 02:04 AM
oh wait if he i leaving I should get an AoO... [roll0]
[roll1]

croaker
2011-11-23, 02:08 AM
as he's turning to run you give a devastating slash across his back spilling his blood across the sand. after taking a steadying breath you notice now at the camp it is a slaughter fest slavers beating slaves sensless most of who ran instead of fighting, but a couple stayed and are being dealt with.
now two tents are aflame to illuminate this scene.

i think im done for the night. im going to give you xp for the whole dead slave camp as one big chunk when your through it(if you get through it)

Morbis Meh
2011-11-23, 09:34 PM
Wiping the blood and sweat off of her face, Thea examined her wounds, they were beginning to inhibit her ability. She came at a crossroad: to flee and thus preserving herself to fight another day but by doing so condemning so many to die OR she could throw herself into battle and her life into the hands of the gods thus giving those few a brief chance at freedom and survival. Her heart ached at the decision but she knew what she had to do. With a deep sigh she raised her head up towards the sky and softly said "Mother, Father, I am sorry... know that your daughter lived free and true.. Feeling ready for what may come, Thea creeped back towards the camp accepting that her fate rests with the gods...

perception [roll0]
stealth [roll1]

croaker
2011-11-24, 12:02 AM
by the time you got back to camp the fighting had boiled down to 7 slaves with clubs and looted short swords and Jed badly beaten but still fighting vs the leader of the slavers wielding your black scimitar, his right hand man holding a steel longsword, the crossbowman using a dagger, and a untouched man beating a slave on the ground mercilessly. none seem to have noticed your approach.

you are 50ft from the untouched man since he is on the edge of combat and 70ft from the main brawl.

Morbis Meh
2011-11-24, 12:10 AM
With fury raging through her veins Thea charges the man who is beating the slave in front of her. Thea brings down her sword with all of her might intending on a deathblow.
[roll0]
[roll1]

croaker
2011-11-24, 12:17 AM
he takes the blow and then screaming he brings his club up in reply hoping to catch you off guard.

[roll0]
[roll1]

while in the background the captain cuts down two more slaves. and Jed hacks the crossbowman down.

Morbis Meh
2011-11-24, 12:24 AM
That was s surprise round, he should not get an attack not to mention we need to roll initiative. [roll0]

croaker
2011-11-24, 12:25 AM
[roll0]oh i was using rule of someone coming into a combat

Morbis Meh
2011-11-24, 12:29 AM
Alright, he get's his attack then and I will do my second attack
The blow cause Thea to momentarily stagger but she answers with another blow.
[roll0]
[roll1]

croaker
2011-11-24, 12:34 AM
regaining his balance he aims a blow for your head hoping to end it with one more strike

[roll0]
[roll1]

the leader then kills another slave.while Jed misses him. and two other slaves close in on him.

Morbis Meh
2011-11-24, 12:39 AM
Deftly dodging the blow, Thea stabs for the bastards heart.
[roll0]
[roll1]

croaker
2011-11-24, 12:45 AM
weakly grasping the blade that pierced his heart stumbles back falling after his third step.

while this happens Jed hits a superficial cut against the captain while the second in command hammers a gnome with his club.

Morbis Meh
2011-11-24, 12:58 AM
How many slavers are left?
Thea positions herself to flank the second in command and attacks his exposed back.
[roll0]
[roll1]

croaker
2011-11-24, 01:13 AM
2 slavers left-captain of the ship and the head of the slave ring second only to the captain.

the second in command believed the gnome not a threat to him and turned on you. the gnome glad of the respite renews his attack with the stolen club.

slaver
[roll0]
[roll1]

gnome
[roll2]
[roll3]

the man in front of the captain was dealt with by a brutal slash. but his sacrifice allowed the third man a slim short man get a quick jab in from behind hitting him hard.

Morbis Meh
2011-11-24, 01:15 AM
Near exhaustion Thea slashes at her enemy.
[roll0]
[roll1]

croaker
2011-11-24, 01:19 AM
grunting with effort he swings knowing defeat was inevitable but fighting on anyway.

slaver
[roll0]
[roll1]

gnome
[roll2]
[roll3]

croaker
2011-11-24, 01:21 AM
another slave dies at the hands of the captain and jed scores another hit trying to wear him down.

Morbis Meh
2011-11-24, 01:22 AM
whoops forgot the +2 for flanking so that is a 17...

croaker
2011-11-24, 01:24 AM
dont worry you hit him just that it was a small wound.

Morbis Meh
2011-11-24, 01:31 AM
I am unconcious, you are rolling too good again, so I assume I am dead at this point and that we are finished

croaker
2011-11-24, 01:35 AM
dont worry ill see who wins the fight if the slaves win they can stabilize you if the slavers win..... um yeah i guess its good game roll to see if you stabilize for next four rounds

con check starting dc 11 then going up each round by one for each failure.

Morbis Meh
2011-11-24, 01:37 AM
well I am not bleeding I am just unconcious, the club is dealing nonleathal damage isn't it?

croaker
2011-11-24, 01:39 AM
at that point they didnt think it was worth it to keep survivors. (more mouths to feed and caused to much trouble.)

Morbis Meh
2011-11-24, 01:41 AM
next 4 rounds for stablizing... (I am only at -1)
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

croaker
2011-11-24, 01:50 AM
pathfinder dying is roll d20 add your con modifier dc is 10+-hp.

Morbis Meh
2011-11-24, 02:17 AM
Actually I am not dying I am just knocked out, I had 4 nonlethal damage points

croaker
2011-11-24, 02:31 AM
touche

here are the results....you......survived two of the slaves that didnt run didnt die,the gnome, and an elf, oh and Jed survived too but hes unconscious. you get 1050 xp

croaker
2011-11-26, 06:17 PM
you awaken inside the cave you and Jed rested in before the attack on the slave camp. your wounds are dull ache compared to last night.at this point you notice your naked except for a wrapping of canvas to give you modesty. by the light streaming from outside you see a face dominated by a bulbous nose frowning down at you mumbling to himself "why by the gods, do these humans see the need to kill so much its exhausting" he quickly finishes sewing your wound shut without noticing your regained consciousness.

Morbis Meh
2011-11-26, 11:02 PM
Thea chuckles to herself seeing the truth in the gnome's words "Isn't it sad that humanity's greatest gift is the ability to ever improve our means of harming one another.... Thea waits for the man to finish stitching her up and then attempts to sit up whilst holding the canvas against her naked frame. She looks at her surgeon "Thank you for your services... If you don't mind may I get dressed..."

croaker
2011-11-27, 12:40 PM
"oh of course"he says patting some studded leather beside him"when you are ready i think Gidaer caught some food that's not waterlogged" he then exits the cave leaving you to your business on the oppisite side of the cave there is a small cache of weapons that were looted after the battle.

8 short swords,6 clubs, a light crossbow, 2 shortbows, and a long sword

Morbis Meh
2011-11-27, 02:21 PM
As the gnome left Thea stood up slowly, she wobbled momentarily but was soon full upright. She began to stretch her tight muscles and joints then proceed to carefully put on the armour, minding her freshly mended wounds. Once fully clothed, Thea walked calmly out into the sunlight.

croaker
2011-11-27, 07:17 PM
you see Jed laying down snoozing next to a small fire with a spit over it ready but without any food on it along with a sack drying opposite next to him. the gnome is carving a circular piece of wood. too caught up in his work to notice your entrance. a slim elf with a scar across one cheek and a brand on the other is skinning a rabbit with a knife a bow at his side and a scimitar at his hip. he nods to you in greeting then looks back to his work.

by the suns spot in the sky it is around 10 in the morning with a few small clouds and a crisp breeze coming inland.

Morbis Meh
2011-11-27, 07:28 PM
Thea nods back looking at the sword on his hip checking to see if it was hers.

croaker
2011-11-27, 07:31 PM
its in the sheathe but the hilt is familiar to you so it is probably yours.

Morbis Meh
2011-11-27, 07:37 PM
Thea raised her eyebrow debating how to go about getting her sword "Good day to you night I inquire as to where you found that sword?

croaker
2011-11-27, 07:52 PM
"killed the head slaver he was weilding it so i took it for my own, the dead usually dont need much."he states as he continues to skin the rabbit. not bothering to look up as he speaks.

"why yes without Giraed here we would all be dead him taking out the head slaver and a scout returning on account of the fires." the gnome says with more than a little respect."oh how rude of me my name is Bell Lindenheim and this is Gidaer though he doesnt seem to care for clan name. if i may have the pleasure of learning your name it would make addressing you so much easier." as he does a small bow and returns to sitting upon a rock.

Morbis Meh
2011-11-27, 07:58 PM
Well Gilraed, I am sorry to inform you that that sword at your side belongs to me. It was stolen from me by that slaver and Iuld very much like it back. Also if it wasnt for me you would all still be in chains...

croaker
2011-11-28, 11:51 AM
if it is your blade then have it, i hold no love for it." he says as he unstraps the sheathe and tosses it to you"and as for you freeing us Jed said something of a woman half-mad that was making the distraction. when we got back here he even told an amusing tale of how he met you, though i doubt it involves dragons." with that he puts the rabbit on the spit and pulls from behind him another to start skinning.

Bell quickly moves over to tend to the food. turning the spit and ripping some leaves for spices.

Morbis Meh
2011-11-28, 12:32 PM
Thea releases a sigh of relied then reachable out to grab the sword but stops for a moment and groans, not looking forward to the reprimand she was about to receive... " Thank you kindly, as for being have mad, I assure you I am not. I just have a spine unlike Jed. Given a chance he would have turned tail and ran. I gave him the task of freeing you while I distracted the guards. As for the dragon, unless you count Jed's snoring then there was no dragon just a few bottom feeder slavers. Anyways, does anyone have any knowledge of where we are or if the organization that runs the slave ring will pursue us? Thea gripped her sword, awaiting the scolding she was about to receive.

croaker
2011-11-28, 12:59 PM
well for one i dont snore that loudly miss,"says Jed as he struggles to get on his feet " and two those were free lance slavers they arent part of no organization. and most slaver organizations wouldnt waste the money to send the men after us. as for where i believe one of the northern nations, hopefully it isnt Ivrant dont want any elves to come and slaughter us.no offense Gidaer."

"none taken, i agree but i believe we are in Corrolin or at least near the border."Gidaer said after finishing his other rabbit.

Morbis Meh
2011-11-28, 02:58 PM
Thea tries to recollect if she had heard of the places they were mentioning but her head was still a little fuzzy from that last blow so it was a moot point. So what were you able to scavenge from the remains of the camp? If we have enough food I suggest we rest a bit because I am still recovering, I don't know about you guys. Thea Thea then sits down and tries to eats some of the water logged rations.

croaker
2011-11-28, 05:16 PM
well we have plenty of food but most of it was uneatable unless you want some back stomach pain and some weapons there was a map but the fire did its damage. oh and we got around 30 gold give or take a couple copper." Jed said listing them off like a steward with a sarcastic voice."as for resting we have a cleric of jarl glitter something sitting in our presence though he's still working on the amulet to make his magic mojo work."

Bell just ignored the slight to his god and nodded his head "yes as soon as this amulet is finished i believe i can make all those wounds a lot less troublesome but sleep does sound like a gift from the gods." taking the rabbit off the spit he split the meat for two gave half to Jed half too you."i think this will do a lot better then wet bread and biscuits"

Morbis Meh
2011-11-28, 06:02 PM
Thea accepted the meat graciously and devoured it with relish, she was not one to eat daintily like a "proper" lady should. When she finished the meat, Thea unleashed a mighty belch and patted her stomach. Looking at the gnome she smiled, it was rare to find a sensible one that wasn't prone to put itching powder in your clothing. Looking at the group Thea, wondered what mad god decided to place an elf, a gnome and two humans together. Chuckling lightly to herself she gripped the hilt of her sword and focused her thoughts to her blade. So did you learn of anything from the slave leader? Where were they headed and were they working for anyone?

croaker
2011-11-28, 06:25 PM
"i guess i should have asked before i stabbed him through the heart, but joking aside i think we were going to resupply someone there were barrels full of weapons, more food than the crew could eat in months and some chests full of money that i heard the slavers talked about losing in the crash," Gidaer said without any emotion just looked around then went into the cave came back with a longsword strapped to his hip."though i have no idea who it could be this far north."

see never happened

just to make things easier down the road on this continent there are 7 nations
Tangon-human led country, has suffered under the last war that ended around 60 years ago and is still recovering

Dedan-a country of science or better stated a science of using magic to make life for all easier. the dominant race here is gnomes and humans

Corrolin- a constitutional monarchy with an elven king and human and elven subjects

Ivrant-elven nation that is in a standstill with Candlin, they believe elves are superior to almost all other races.calling elves who mingle with the other races Verrater its a ruled by a mighty mage.

Candlin- believes elves and humans are better together than apart and make cities of dual-nature.

Eikros-land of the giants technically it isnt a nation but it is ruled by many different giant tribes

Vheda- southern wild-lands living in small family structures they are known for training exotic animals for war when needed.

the slavers were from Tangon

Morbis Meh
2011-11-28, 06:58 PM
Sorry I should have clarified that I was speaking to my sword, when I grip it I can communicate telepathically with it. It is a sentient sword that can sense it's surroundings and perceive the comings and goings around it. Since it was in the possession of the head slaver I was just hoping to learn something that's all. Whenever I am speaking to my sword I will use italics alright.
Looking at Gilraed Thea spoke "So then, I assume our next plan of action is to find civilization ourselves. Since we are in a nation ruled by an elf I would prefer to remain in the company of one. I don't know about you but I would prefer travelling together until we reach civilization then we can part our own separate ways if we so choose. What is your opinion on the matter?

croaker
2011-11-28, 07:13 PM
"well i wouldnt want to leave a woman all on her own so i am honor bound to help" Jed says jokingly.

"i see no problem miss i might not be much use in a forest never cared much for them, im a city gnome myself." Bell answers

"i fear i dont know where we are but i think we would have a better chance at survival if i stayed with you" Giraed states "and it would be a sad sight indeed for me to leave the gnome who cared for my wounds to the wilderness."

then Bell and Gidaer started eating their food and wiping their fingers clean with a scrap of canvas after finishing their meal. Gidaer lied down next to the fire to sleep while Bell returned to carving his amulet.

Morbis Meh
2011-11-28, 07:30 PM
Well then, I guess for the time being I shall have the pleasure of travelling with you all. I am a city girl myself so I hope one of you knows how to read a map or at least survive in the wilderness. Might I suggest that we rest for the remainder of the day and make a fresh start in the morning? As for setting up a watch I would prefer to take the last watch... Oh by the way, if you colorful companion hasn't mentioned my name as of yet, I am Thea Umbridge, the Crimson Tempest. I am an arcane wielding, swashbuckling free spirit and I do not take kindly onto those who infringe upon my freedom.

croaker
2011-11-28, 07:40 PM
"well i thought you would bleed out on us last night so i didnt tell'em your name, didnt want them to become too attached" Jed says as explenation going to the nearest dune top to get a good view" im goin to take first watch if no one minds"

"it is a pleasure to meet you Thea under better circumstance i would invite you to my house for some food and games, but heres what i can do" he says as he puts down his knife and puts both his hands gently on your arm murmuring in a strange language his wooden amulet glowing slightly. you feel a warm sensation where your wounds are and the pain lessens but doesnt go away completely.

healed you for 10 life.

Morbis Meh
2011-11-28, 07:57 PM
Gasping at the sensation Thea looks at her wounds as they heal. Well then, it looks as if I say a prayer of thanks to Garl Glittergold. As for your hospitality it would be most welcome and one day if I get the chance I might take you up on it, but for the time being let us get some rest.

croaker
2011-11-28, 08:57 PM
he nodded wearily then entered the cave and went to one of the corners and wrapped his arms around himself and fell almost instantly to sleep.

so yeah just say how long you want to rest. and do the roll to see how much life you get.

Morbis Meh
2011-11-28, 09:14 PM
I will rest for the standard 8 hours to regain spells and what not [roll0]
Thea gets up wearily as the last watch stirs her from her rest and then proceeds to study her spellbook to kill some time.

croaker
2011-11-28, 10:12 PM
you wake to a cool evening the fire is still going and Jeds sleeping once more by it. Gidaer is searching for food once more and Bell is fiddling with a small vegetable tearing away the skin slowly with a knife.

"i think we shall go in the morning i dont fancy going around at night in a land that is strange to me. and Gidaer seems competent enough to get enough food for us till we reach a town." Bell states as he finally tears through the last of the skin and starts to eat the insides of it then spitting it out in a mushy spray"by the gods, that is vile i would recommend not trying the local fruit."

Morbis Meh
2011-11-28, 10:30 PM
Thea chuckles to herself "Well, I am sure that the fruit isn't as bad as the remaining food stuffs. She looks towards the elf "Thank you for keeping us fed.

croaker
2011-11-28, 10:49 PM
"oh yeah while you were asleep Jed made himself useful and got some drinkable water" Bell said handing you a waterskin"we dont have much but Gidaer says that there is probably a river over the cliff in the forest."

there are two other waterskins full with water.

Morbis Meh
2011-11-28, 10:51 PM
Thea ginerly takes a sip but doesn't over indulge herself. She looks at the two men "So how did you two get into this mess and what did you do before you were captured?"

croaker
2011-11-28, 11:07 PM
"I am... was an inventor i worked close to the resources i needed for my experiments. i think they call them Dradeck hills they have plenty of iron, charcoal, sulfur. the hills are rife with barbarian tribes that Tangon has deemed useful and therefore doesnt seem to care about them unless they defy them. the Hydra clan didnt take kindly to me being in "their" unmarked territory they destroyed my camp and slaughtered my accomplices and captured those that didn't fight back. before you say anything i had taken a vow of non-violance but it seems i finally broke that foolish vow. and sold us to Tangon slavers."while telling his past he stoked the fire with a small stick.

Morbis Meh
2011-11-28, 11:12 PM
Thea kind of laughs half heartedly... at least his reason for capture was more legitimate than being dragged off after you passed out. Thea cleared her throat "What about yourself good sir elf?

croaker
2011-11-28, 11:58 PM
"i know the how and that is enough" he does a small smile that didnt reach his eyes."I will be back by night im going to get some fresh food and see if there is an easier way up the cliff for Bell"
he runs off to the east heading straight for the cliff.

Morbis Meh
2011-11-29, 12:15 AM
"Rather secretive isn't he... Oh well I might as well get som more rest and wait until morning"

I sleep until dawn if I get more HP here it is [roll0]

croaker
2011-11-29, 12:32 AM
you wake to someone nudging you and open your eyes to see Jed tapping you with his foot to wake you."morning elfie says that we had better get an early start we've already packed everything nice and tight dont worry you being a lady an all i made sure you didnt have to overload yourself" smiling as he says his bit.
the predawn light giving you just enough light to pickout vague shapes you are handed a sack full of what you believe is meat by the smell and a small pouch with some herbs.
packing the weapons in a thick layer of canvas Gidaer slips it over his shoulder and stands"if we head out now we can get over the cliff before noon from there we'll search for tracks that will hopefully lead to a water source."

yes you do get more life.

Morbis Meh
2011-11-29, 12:42 PM
Yawning, Thea gets up and stretches. She looks up at Jed with disdain and curtly retorts "I don't need any assistance and my gender in no may shape or form prevents me from doing anything. Also you should be kinder to someone who could easily put you on your backside.Thea walks outlook side and says to GilraedI know you would like to get moving but would you give me an hour to prepare, believe me it's in our best interests that I am prepared.]

croaker
2011-11-29, 07:33 PM
Jed grumbles something about someone being unappreciative and sets to cleaning his shortsword and dagger

Gidaer nods once then sets the sack back on the ground and starts to restring the short bow he has been using.

Bell is praying atop a dune facing the coming dawn preparing himself for the trip.

Morbis Meh
2011-11-29, 08:00 PM
After an hour has elapsed Thea closes her book and stands up. She then says to Gilraed "Thank you for your patience I am now ready to set off. If you would be so kind to lead us since you are the most competent among us sir elf.

croaker
2011-11-29, 08:11 PM
he nods once more and quickly stands grabs his sack and puts his bow over his shoulder and calls Bell over."i found a way up the cliff its a steep stairs carved into the rocks it should take us 3 hours or more to make it there and half an hour to climb we will take a rest once reaching the top then search for a water source" Gidaer explains once everyone is present and heads out south east.
Jed grunts and gets a better grip on his load and starts out behind him while Bells slow pace makes him take the rear of the party holding the food stuff.

Morbis Meh
2011-11-29, 08:30 PM
Thea moves to the back and walks alongside Bell, knowing that he would make good conversation and also to ensure he isn't left behind. "So Bell, where do you hail from and how did you become a member of the church?"

croaker
2011-11-29, 08:47 PM
"my home was in Marris of Dedan, second only to the capital in its amount of visitors per year. As for why did i join the church initially i didnt want to i was always busy figuring out how things work and the glory of science was my calling. but my parents forced me into the church. it was a Godsend for me, i was encouraged to read and learn all that they could teach i soon left to learn from inventors. its a grand place Marris is." Bell starts getting dreamy eyed as he talks about his past and he starts to tell the tale of the first golem he ever bought being just a statue of solid stone some illusionists duped him into believed moved and talked. people thought he was crazy for months.

Morbis Meh
2011-11-29, 09:17 PM
Smiling at the tales of the gnome, Thea suddenly feels the pain of loss and wonders to herself how her crew is doing and if she will ever see them again... Quickly refocusing, Thea begins to tune out Bell lest she become complacent and focuses on her surroundings for any sign of danger.
perception [roll0]

croaker
2011-11-29, 10:46 PM
ignoring Bell is no easy feat but you accomplish it to find that you are surrounded by sizable dunes. while scanning around you notice small debris sliding down a dune ahead of you but there is no sign of what caused it when you look up.

Morbis Meh
2011-11-29, 11:23 PM
Thea stops suddening catching sight of the debris. She calls out "Gilraed, Jed, can you tell what happened here and what was the cause?

croaker
2011-11-30, 12:25 AM
Giraed stops looks at where your indicating "probably some small animal was poking around and made part of the dune fall, doesnt look very stable"

"come on your jumping at shadows this far north the most you have to fear is some orcs at night. its supposedly the safest nation there is other than Dedan." Jed says not even bothering to stop.

in this case debris=dirt slide

Morbis Meh
2011-11-30, 09:20 AM
"Well excuse me for being cautious I thought maybe after a narrow escape that we may want to be on guard since we don't know exactly where we are and what is around us." With a snort Thea continues to move north.

croaker
2011-11-30, 12:56 PM
"In an hour we will be at the cliff face so if some of the slavers are still alive we would be able to outrun them if we couldnt defeat them" Gidaer replies moving once more toward the cliff face.

the farther inland you go the taller the dunes at this time Gidaer is doing a zigzag path so you never have to go atop one.

Morbis Meh
2011-11-30, 02:08 PM
"That's reassuring, I am glad we have you at the helm. How are you doing Bell? Do you need any assistance with carrying the foodstuffs?

croaker
2011-11-30, 02:22 PM
"no we dont have that much just some moldy bread and what Gidaer was able to catch last night. hope you like rabbit seems the dunes are plagued with them." Bell replies smiling.

after traveling for what seems to be little less than an hour you see the stairs that Gidaer spoke of, it looks as if the stairs are natural caused by the winds unrelenting course.
you hear something you turn, again you see small debris fall down a dune behind you and with no cause evident.

Morbis Meh
2011-11-30, 03:04 PM
Thea looks over to the falling debris, immediatly suspicious, and says "Stay in guard everyone, though it may not be slavers, I still feel that there is something out here watching us...
perception [roll0]

croaker
2011-11-30, 03:41 PM
"if it isnt slavers then what could they be? if you ask me i think your just wound too tight, you need to relax we had a close call but we are fine now and there is too many of us of some lone animal to attack us" Jed says trying to calm you down in a sincere voice.

Gidaer and Bell though are scanning the surroundings though trying to see what might have caused them.

"well let us continue, i dont wish to waste daylight though i too am feeling uneasy" Gidaer says as he continues in the lead taking out the bow and nocking an arrow. and continuing to lead you on.

Morbis Meh
2011-11-30, 03:52 PM
"One has plenty of time to relax when they're dead and I for one hope that isn't any time soon. Until I am back home with my crew I will stay on guard." Thea says curtly and then she says inwardly yo her sword Do you sense anything amiss or am I just paranoid?

croaker
2011-11-30, 05:33 PM
"how do you know we didnt kill all of them there couldnt have been many to survive that crash" Jed says going around another curve.

i dont sense anything, but i doubt your mental state is in question. leaving only one option there is something following us.

Morbis Meh
2011-11-30, 06:14 PM
Thea grumbles at Jed's remark... Why is he so thick? Thea quickly walks up to Gidaer and whispers "I think we are being follow by who or what I don't know. What do you think we should do, if I am wrong great but if I am not...well I am sure you understand."

croaker
2011-11-30, 06:29 PM
"if we try to backtrack and get them they would run or ambush us so i think the only thing to do is keep going forward" Giraed says "unless of course you want to spring the trap" he smiles at this. waiting for you to decide.

"yes great idea walkin into a trap is great for your health," Jed remarks after overhearing the converstation

Morbis Meh
2011-11-30, 07:03 PM
With a devilish gleam in her eyes Thea says "I say we form our own trap let them walk into it. Is there anywhere around that would give us cover but make it seem like we're still ahead? "
Thea takes a quick look around.
survival [roll0]

croaker
2011-11-30, 07:49 PM
you dont see anything of much use there is some bushes and a log half buried up the side of a dune to the north but other that nothing.

"i think they would notice if we stopped heck they might be close enough to hear what we are saying" Jed says rubbing his spears handle trying to get a comfortable grip.

Gidaer nods "they seem to be traveling over the dunes i believe our best bet for a trap is just to go around the next dune and climb up to the crest of ours. if they dont follow closely we wont be able to hit it in close combat before they run but i can get a shot off them. the worst case we would only see who is following us. "

Bell just grips his club and shrugs not being a fighting man himself and strategy isnt his thing.

Morbis Meh
2011-11-30, 08:09 PM
Thea nods at Gidaer seeing the wisdom of his words. "Yes lets circle back and try to get around them at the next dune.
here's my stealth roll [roll0]

croaker
2011-11-30, 09:26 PM
you go around the next dune and stealthily climb it as quietly as possible. you reach the crest without incident but as you look over you see a huge sandybrown scorpion the size of a horse creeping over the dune where you had spotted the debris at.

it is around 150 ft from where you are with another dune in between you and it. the scorpion spots you as well and before any one could shoot it it ducks back behind the dune.

"did you guys see that. ive never heard of scorpions that size no one ever said a thing like that ever existed up here. lets run for the cliff i dont want to fight that!"Jed says and putting action to his words he starts to go down the dune as fast as possible.

Gidaer lowers his bow and scans the other dunes and starts sliding down seeming deep in thought.while Bell sitting there speechless mouth agape.

Morbis Meh
2011-11-30, 09:55 PM
Thea yells to her companions "Quickly, find some solid ground!" Quickly Thea looks around as she casts a spell and slowly becomes smaller.

I cast reduce person
perception [roll0]
initiative? [roll1]

croaker
2011-11-30, 10:43 PM
as Jed turns a corner on the next dune he gives a shout and comes back followed by a scorpion the same size as the other grazing Jed with his claw.

and the other one is already at the base of your dune moving at incredible speed, running faster than a horse.

you rolled best for init monsters are last

Morbis Meh
2011-11-30, 11:01 PM
Thea Channels arcane power into her sword and then cast colorspray at her foe

Will save 14...

croaker
2011-11-30, 11:52 PM
the spray makes it shake its head but otherwise it is unaffected as it crawls up infront of you(10ft).

you hear Gidaer yell "duck!" then a weird screech as an arrow hits the second scorpion. while Jed ducks and jabs with his spear but only seems to provoke the creature as it quickly jabs and scores deep hits with its claws and jabs with its stinger into his shoulder as he drops to the ground.

all the while bell calmly goes down the hill a bit mumbling a prayer to himself.

Gidaer hits
Jed misses and gets knocked out or killed.its a mystery
Bell casts bless

Morbis Meh
2011-12-01, 12:21 AM
Thea moves up to the enemy then calls upon the swords power and it begins to glow. Once at her enemy she slashes at it with her scimitar.

attack roll (+11: +2 BAB, +5 dex, +1 size, +1 bless, +1 arcane pool, +1 weapon) [roll0]
damage [roll1]

croaker
2011-12-01, 12:40 AM
your mighty blow hit it hard in what you think might be its face. while flailing with all its limbs it hit you hard in the side with its right claw(7damage).

Gidaer managed one more shot that struck true and dodged the attack of the charging scorpion.

Bell moves in to support you moving in behind you.

Gidaer hits
Jed still on the ground
bell moves behind 5ft behind you.

Morbis Meh
2011-12-01, 12:51 AM
Thea grunts as she is hit with the claw, redoubling her efforts she begins chanting words of arcane power and strikes with her sword as she releases her spell.
touch attack for shocking grasp [roll0]
damage [roll1]
sword to hit [roll2]
damage [roll3]

Morbis Meh
2011-12-01, 12:52 AM
whooops my bad that 11 is actually a 13 I forgot to add the bonus from bless and my size...

croaker
2011-12-01, 01:04 AM
your strike hits its fang as it goes in to strike and the skin around it sizzle as the shock goes off but it is still on its legs. it retaliates with a furious assault but you dodge its claws and stinger with nay an inch to spare.

Gidaer easily dodges his opponents attacks does another shot to its body.

Bell cautiously takes a swing at the overgrown vermin and hits its armored side to no affect.

Gidaer hit
Jed still lying on the ground
Bell misses
they missed you

Morbis Meh
2011-12-01, 08:35 AM
Seeing her opportunity Thea goes in for another blow.
to hit [roll0]
damage [roll1]

croaker
2011-12-01, 11:22 AM
your lunge pierces its skull it shudders and falls its stinger flopping lazily held up by the exoskeleton.

Gidaer shoots another shot which skidded into a gap between plates. while the scorpion retaliates with a lightning quick strike of its claw tearing his side open and the stinger got a hit on his chest.he falls under these powerful strikes.

Bell runs down to were he fell holding a club and waving it around hoping to distract the scorpion

Gidaer hits and finally gets hit but only with 20's
Jed still lying on ground
Bell trys to distract
you killed your enemy.

also how do you get +9 for damage i get +5 Dex +1 from weapon enhancement thing.... i dont know what else there is. and what magus arcana did you choose?

Morbis Meh
2011-12-01, 12:14 PM
Seeing another ally fall 5, Thea rushes over and strikes the scorpion.
to hit [roll0]
Damage (+9: +5dex, +1bless, +1 from the sword itself, +1stackable bonus from arcane pool and +1 from sword ability) [roll1]

Morbis Meh
2011-12-01, 12:16 PM
critical hit confirmation [roll0]

croaker
2011-12-01, 02:16 PM
the scorpion claw lashes out at your approach hitting you in the side but your attack makes it through and your blade slides through a gap in the armor of its exoskeleton and pierced its brain.

while this happens Bell heals Gidaer bringing him back from the brink of death
bless gives +1 bonus to attack +1 save vs fear
the scorpion has 10ft reach so it got an attack of opportunity that dealt[roll0]damage.
Bell healed him for [roll1]
Jed still lying down
Gidaer is bleeding.

Morbis Meh
2011-12-01, 02:25 PM
Gasping from the blow Thea retaliates with another slash.
whoops I don't know what I was reading on bless sorry [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

croaker
2011-12-01, 02:30 PM
the giant monstrosity rears up and gives a weird gargling noise as it collapses to the ground barely missing you with its falling claws.

the scorpions dead you pierced its brain its like on the ground not breathing.but yes I forgot to do a death sequence.

Morbis Meh
2011-12-01, 02:36 PM
Breathing hard Thea goes over to Jed and checks his pulse then tries to do some battlefield first aid.
I reread the last fight and I noticed... glad I got that 1 out pf the way
heal check [roll0]

croaker
2011-12-01, 02:52 PM
you use some rags as bandages and apply pressure to his wounds but they arent stopping luckily Bell has come. he mumbles something in that strange melodic language again and touches Jeds arm. Jed gasps and his eyes open.

"AAAAUUUUGH...." he screams trying to sit up but then he notices you and Bell he regains some composure "heh... bugs, they are kinda creepy right?" his wounds now scars allow him to sit up and stand brushing off his clothing."what happened to elfie?"

Morbis Meh
2011-12-01, 02:57 PM
Thea thinks for a moment then replies "Well he took one look at your ugly mug and he just dropped from sheer horror" With that said Thea begins laughing. She turns ti Bell "Will Gidaer be alright?"

croaker
2011-12-01, 03:14 PM
looking up the slope Bell nods "yes but he came very close to dying so he will need some more healing before he can move but i needed to make sure that this one was alright before i cured him the rest of the way." he says this gesturing at Jed.

"wait you dont even remember good ol' Jeds name I broke that lock holding you to that post and you dont have the common courtesy to know your heroes name" he says half jokingly."now im still hurt bad cant you help a hero out." he pointedly ignores your comment about an ugly mug that might belong to him.

Bell ignores his rant and moves up the hill and casts his spells bringing Gidaer back to consciousness. who quickly grabbed his gear and started walking down the hill "we have to go there might be more of them in the area i doubt they are up the cliff so that seems like the safest place at the moment."

Morbis Meh
2011-12-01, 03:40 PM
Thea nods not even acknowledging her own injuries and says "Agreed, our first priority should be getting to higher ground then finding a water sour e and a place to mend wounds.

croaker
2011-12-01, 03:48 PM
"not so fast your hurt and i can do something about it right now so stand still" Bell says before he goes into that familiar prayer and touches your shoulder and feel the warmth again."now much better lets get going."

"wait im barely standing here and you heal her come on sure she got hurt but im on my last legs"Jed complains as he is last one in the line is arms limp because of the poison in his system draining his strength.

"well look at that im all drained of my healing powers for today dont worry tomorrow ill get you into fighting shape, no doubt" Bell says with a mischievous smile.

the group makes it to the cliff stairs at around 11:00 Giraed curses the delay of the scorpions.

Morbis Meh
2011-12-01, 06:23 PM
Thea chuckles at the gnome's response and adds "Well if you're on you last legs I could always carry some of your load, hey maybe I can even lend you my shoulder so you can hobble along..." Laughing, Thea continues to move forward behind Gidaer.

croaker
2011-12-01, 11:09 PM
Jed makes a fake laugh at your joke that dies as he slowly looks up the stairs. "we arent seriously going to climb those right?"

Gidaer doesnt even listen he just continues and starts to ascend the steep narrow stairs. then looks back "these will do we can rest as soon as we get up we have enough water for 2 days if we drink sparingly and i doubt Jed will be able to move when we get up there."

Morbis Meh
2011-12-01, 11:18 PM
Thea looks back to Jed and says in a serious tone "Yes we will go up it, I will help you along if your wounds are too grievous. I don't want to spend any more time down here if I can help it. You never know what else lurks down in the sand."

croaker
2011-12-02, 01:13 PM
"obviously scorpions and slavers heck maybe even dragons. I was just saying that it doesnt look like a very safe climb and i was stating this for our safety, heck Bell might fall" Jed says in his most reasonable voice. waiting for his turn to start up the stairs.

at this time Bell is on the third step and Gidaer is climbing them at a fast pace.

Morbis Meh
2011-12-02, 02:14 PM
Thea gives Jed a wry look and responds "My your concern is touching! I never knew that you were so concerned for our dear friend Bell. I will male sure to let him know the next time I speak with him, but to put aside your fears I shall follow behind Bell and make sure he doesnt fall."Thea promptly begins climbing up the stairs.

If I need to roll an acrobatics check here it is [roll0]

croaker
2011-12-04, 02:29 AM
you reach the top a little after noon without incident and find Giraed with a campfire ready with a small bed of leaves to rest on. he looks up from skinning a small squirrel, he nods to you and looks back to the work of preparing food.

around 20 minutes later Jed comes gasping to the last step of the stairs cussing in a weak dry voice. and collapses on the bed of leaves almost instantly going to sleep.

Morbis Meh
2011-12-04, 02:54 AM
Thea takes one look at him and begins to giggle but unfortunately it grows into hearty laughter. Within a couple of moments she is able to control herself again and she sits down beside Gidaer and says "He sure talks tough, you'd think by now after some time in slavery he would have built up some stamina." Thea stretches for a moment while closing her eyes, smiling to herself as she feels the warm sun on her face. It was moments like these that she truly enjoyed life, though she may be in dire straits with a pack of strangers, one still had to appreciate the little things in life. Opening her eyes and looking at Gidaer again she teased "Well I suppose we can't count on Jed to take a shift in watch, can we?"

croaker
2011-12-04, 11:36 AM
"i think ill need some rest to recover from the scorpions attacks and poison, and i believe Bell will need to rest to recover his magic" Gidaer says looking to Bell for confirmation who nods from his place by the fire. "that leaves you. wake us up in around 4 hours i want to find a water source today."

with that he puts the squirrel into the pack with the rest of the food stuff after salting it down. and lays down to rest.

Morbis Meh
2011-12-04, 11:46 AM
Thea nods and makes herself comfortable, at least her wounds were healed and she was fortunate enough ti dodge the scorpion's stinger.Sighing to herself she surveys the landscape from their impromptu camp, scanning the area for any signs if danger.
hey how much XP do I get for the scorpions?
Perception check [roll0]

croaker
2011-12-04, 05:59 PM
the first hour at watch is dull with barely a distraction other than a hawks flight in the distance. but you soon feel uneasy like your being watched but you cant find the source of this feeling.

400xp, woot for random encounters.

Morbis Meh
2011-12-04, 07:40 PM
The feeling of being watched, put Thea at edge, not wanting to wake Bell, she quietly moved beside Gidaer and carefully shook him awake. When he opened his eyes Thea put a finger to her mouth and signalled to him that they were being watched. Not wasting any time, Thea moved over to Jed and also roused him from his sleep.

croaker
2011-12-05, 05:06 AM
upon shaking your friends awake the feeling lessens but is still there, like an itch that cant be reached.
your companions notice your mood and quietly look at the surrounding land checking the edge of the forest to see if it was in the trees.Jed checks the cliffs edge to see if anything was amiss below grumbling about scorpions.

after confirming that no one was in the immediate area they came back to the camp. Jed lays back down and is quickly asleep once more.

"hmm seems everything is in order but would you mind telling us the exact reason that you woke us?" Gidaer asks in a indifferent tone.while Jed is too busy going where he left off with his dreams.

Morbis Meh
2011-12-05, 10:27 AM
Looking sullen and feeling embarrassed, Thea replied "I just get this eery feeling that we are being watched, I can't pinpoint the location but the feeling doesn't go away. In our current situation I just don't think we should take things lightly. I would prefer to be high strung and alive rather than uncaring and dead."

croaker
2011-12-05, 04:07 PM
Gidaer nods "then lets move out now since we are awake" looks at Jed and Bell "well most of us are" he nudges Bell awake then taps Jed with his foot til he spoke something legible.

"let us be off and find some water and somewhere safe to sleep." Gidaer announces.

after packing the meager supplies that are left and weapons Gidaer leads your party into the forest. even after leaving behind your campfire you still have that feeling of someone watching.

Gidaer quickly finds a deer trail and says "it should lead to water sooner or later and we can have a good meal if we come across it"before setting off once more setting off once more.

Morbis Meh
2011-12-05, 05:56 PM
Offering to take the rear, Thea slips behind the other two as they marched forward. Keeping her eyes and ears open, she looks around the landscape for any signs of their stalker.
perception roll... [roll0]

While she looks, Thea speaks to her sword. "If you see any signs of anything at all let me know, there is something fishy going on..."

croaker
2011-12-05, 06:57 PM
you spot an orange blur off to your left, you saw enough to know whatever it was is bigger than a man. it is unusual for something that size to move without a sound to note its passage.

Morbis Meh
2011-12-05, 09:02 PM
Thea quickly yells to the others "There is something here following us, it is orange in colour and larger than a man, be on the ready if it decides to strike, it was on my left the last time I saw it!" Thea draws her sword in anticipation.

croaker
2011-12-05, 09:19 PM
Gidaer halts nocking an arrow to his bow looking around alert for any disturbance, Bell holds his club in both hands glancing in all directions.Jed on the other hand leans against a nearby tree resting his legs.

after 5 minutes of waiting for an attack Jed declares "alright that was a great time for a breather lets continue shall we" though acting nonchalant he is gripping his spear in a white knuckled grip.

Gidaer looks to you with a questioning glance relaxing the string of his bow slightly.

Morbis Meh
2011-12-05, 09:39 PM
Thea returns Gidaer's gaze "Obviously, whatever it is it won't come out at us when we are prepared, and who knows what its intentions are. All I know is that we are being followed by some creature, whether it is friendly or hostile I know not but it is out there and it is watching. So I suggest we be wary."
Thea looks away from Gidaer and continues walking ahead paying no head to their stares.

croaker
2011-12-05, 10:25 PM
after another hour of travel you make it to a water source, a small stream of crystal clear water. knee deep and 5 feet across. with a bed of grass beside it. Bell sits down and smiles starts to hum to himself. while Jed dunks his head into the water to cool off. Gidaer is busy refilling the water skins upstream a little ways.

Morbis Meh
2011-12-05, 10:33 PM
Thea looks to the group and says "I suppose our next task is to find a suitable place to rest... one that can be easily defended if need be? Well I am sure our elf here is quite good at finding places but I will help if I can."
assist survival check [roll0]

croaker
2011-12-05, 10:36 PM
Gidaer finishes refilling the water "i saw bear tracks a while back they were old we could follow them to its dwelling and perhaps stay the night."
"wait your suggesting sleeping with a bear" Jed exclaims his head whipping around to face you all
"i suppose we could wonder around the forest hoping to find a whole to climb in"Gidaer says in a sarcastic voice.