PDA

View Full Version : Hellfire Warlock Swindling The Devil!(crunch assistance)

Wadaro
2011-11-17, 01:48 AM
Hello there, in my campaign my DM has offered to bring back the first character - a warlock - back into the campaign. I think its only fitting that a warlock undergoing a Rebirth becomes a Hellfire Warlock(Fiendish Codex II).

now, every time I go and use one of the Hellfire abilities, I must suffer 1 Point of Constitution damage. Due to the nature of Hellfire, and how the Archdukes of hell take away a portion of my soul whenever I use Hellfire, I cannot use the hellfire abilities if I am somehow immune to CON damage or if I do not have a CON attribute.

The most popular way to circumvent this is by getting the Shape Soulmeld feat and binding the Strongheart Vest, an ability that reduces all ability damage I take by one. My DM has decided not to allow this, so this is out of the picture.

Is there a way to perhaps regenerate the 1 CON damage I'd be taking every turn if I go wild with Hellfire? perhaps some sort of amulet I can wear that does so? I know there are wands and Potions I can take to do that, but that uses up a turn and this is a somewhat high-powered campaign.

TL;DR: I've got a Hellfire Warlock who cannot use the Strongheart Vest to protect against the CON damage. What else can I do to bypass that?

Treblain
2011-11-17, 01:55 AM
One level of Binder (Tome of Magic), binding the vestige Naberius, regenerates 1 ability damage per turn. If sharing your soul with an incomprehensible being from beyond the Void isn't a good way of cheating the Devil, I don't know what is.

The other other way to do it is to get a familiar and have them carry a wand of Lesser Restoration. Any familiar that can speak (raven, many Improved Familiars) can use a wand.

Wings of Peace
2011-11-17, 01:57 AM
Naberius as has been said is the other common method of circumvention.

Emperor Tippy
2011-11-17, 01:59 AM
Get the Bind Vestige feat from Tome of Magic and bind Naberius. You heal 1 point of ability damage per round.

It also works thematically, what with vestiges being fallen gods.

Mangles
2011-11-17, 02:01 AM
One level of Binder (Tome of Magic), binding the vestige Naberius, regenerates 1 ability damage per turn. If sharing your soul with an incomprehensible being from beyond the Void isn't a good way of cheating the Devil, I don't know what is.

The strongheart vest is questionable as to whether it works by RAW anyway, and people have been arguing for and against it since the two were put together. Treblain had the idea I mostly use. You take One level of binder and just rock Naberius constantly.

Get the Bind Vestige feat from Tome of Magic and bind Naberius. You heal 1 point of ability damage per round.

This doesn't work. Bind Vestige feat does not give you the healing ability from Naberius.