PDA

View Full Version : 2700 gp - need item(s) for a monster

Balor01
2011-11-18, 09:21 AM
I need some decent ideas on item acquisition for my CR 8 monster. I'm not giving out what it is, because lets just say monsters do not often go to Artifacts'r'us but must deal with what they get.

All I would like is something that enhances it ability to survive.

vitkiraven
2011-11-18, 09:25 AM
What does it need to survive against, what is it weak against, can it wear armor, etc?

Runestar
2011-11-18, 09:43 AM
For temp hp, MIC has the amulet of tears (2300gp), which can be used to grant 24-36 temp hp (useful if the monster in question is fairly fragile).

Cloak of predatory vigor (also MIC) can let the monster heal as a swift action, but it needs to be capable of raging (which may require you to take 1 lv in barb).

Darrin
2011-11-18, 09:48 AM
I need some decent ideas on item acquisition for my CR 8 monster. I'm not giving out what it is, because lets just say monsters do not often go to Artifacts'r'us but must deal with what they get.

All I would like is something that enhances it ability to survive.

Tarmak War Paint (500 GP, Dragonlance Campaign Setting). Provides +5 natural armor bonus and fast healing 5 up until it heals 20 HP.

Panic Button, Escaping (750 GP, Complete Scoundrel). If you're not wearing armor, you can activate this with a swift action. Dimension door up to 30'.

Amber Amulet of Vermin (800 GP, MIC). 1/day summon a giant wasp for 1 minute, A.K.A., flying mount for 10 rounds.

Anklets of Translocation (1400 GP, MIC). Quick way to get out of entangle/grapple/forcecage/etc.

Enduring Amulet (1500 GP, MIC). Continuous endure elements, and 3 charges which offers fire and cold resistance 10/15/20 as an immedate action.

Amulet of Tears (2300 GP, MIC). 3 charges, swift action to give yourself 12 temp HP.

ericgrau
2011-11-18, 10:47 AM
Potions, not only cure X wounds but get creative with things like invisibility or shillelagh. Don't forget to multiply the cost of expendables by 5 for monsters for balance reasons, so you can't get any expendable above 540 gp. Like the items posted so far there are lots of other interesting cheap wondrous item expendables too. Here are the core ones: http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/wondrousItems.htm

Besides that a masterwork weapon and some armor of course.