PDA

View Full Version : Cloud City [Lucien & Elennin]

BelGareth
2011-11-18, 04:01 PM
Lucien & Elennin -
You know its not far to your fathers smithy, it being on the bank of the river to utilize the waters of the Jivi. Moving out you start to see several zombie looking people, they start in ones and twos and then you notice groups of larger numbers. Your step is quickened when you look behind you and you see a slow moving mob of about 6-9 zombies following you. Looking back to the front, you see your fathers shop, you could make it if you ran.

The smithy seems to not in use, but you see lights shimmering from the windows. Someone is home. The front door is closed as well as all the windows and shutters.

GuyFawkes
2011-11-19, 12:11 AM
Lucien

Lucien thinks of what to do with the mob of zombies following him. The light from the smithy makes him a bit happy. A good sign. But at the same time, if they ran for it...

"Hey, Elenin. Try to keep up, okay? Just follow me," he says to his companion before going into an alley. He runs straight to an intersection and waits for the mob to be almost at the corner of the alley before going left and splitting a copy of himself which stands a few seconds on the intersection and then walks hurriedly the other direction, away from them, when the zombies see it.

Mefika
2011-11-19, 03:04 AM
Try to keep up he says, and to me of all people. I think I like this one Elenin thinks to herself before twitching up a mildly questioning eyebrow directed at Lucien and heading off after him further down into the street and into the alleyway. Noting the copy of Lucien splitting off and pausing for several seconds on the street before moving off away from the blacksmith Elenin waits to see if the undead creatures take the bait.

BelGareth
2011-11-19, 08:12 PM
Running down the alley you wait,
Elennin is easily able to match you stride for stride, you get the feeling she could easily outrun you.

The zombies follow your copy, the jumbled mass of limping and broken feet stumbles past you as they go for what they think is you.

Sighing in relief you relax a little.

Until another, slower zombie. No not slow, more methodical, as in it was thinking.

You watch as it stops at the intersection and sniffs the air, it turns and looks down the alley where you double walked down along with the mob of zombie. Then is if weighing its options it turns to look down your alleyway, you can see its eyes burning with a green fire which trails as it's head moves.

Something is different about this zombie, other than the fact it was running towards you.

You are 60ft away from your fathers smithy, you just need to turn down the alleyway and go back to the street.

But this zombie is moving very fast.

OOC

For some reason, I did not add this to my list'o subscriptions. go figure. sorry for delays.

GuyFawkes
2011-11-20, 12:35 AM
Lucien

The boy smiled as he sees his little trick work even on the mindless creatures. Or maybe it was the confidence he had that his little trick would work that brings that smile to his face. He faces Elenin and whispers, "Heh, works everyth..."

A sight that should not be there cuts him short and catches his attention. He wheels around a finds a solitary zombie sniffing around and finally locates them. Damn, missed one, he thinks to himself as the undead walks towards them in an increasing pace that ends into a sprint. There is something in the zombie that makes the boy look at it with a questioning look.

It looks as if it...it knows.

Alarmed by the weird demeanor, Lucien decides he could not let this one get away, much less know where they're going. Something is not right. He has to take care of this.

"Come! We have to take this down!" he calls out to Elenin as he backpedals into another alleyway, away from the direction of the smithy and from the other zombies. If he were to fight this thing, he needs to take care of it without alerting the others of its kind.

As he turns the corner, he takes out his scimitar and again, his image flickers as if he is not where he is. But what can be clearly seen is the boy's determination to fight.

Move to just beyond the corner, not too far, and activate Blur.

Mefika
2011-11-21, 05:41 AM
With the slight sound of leather creaking as her grip tightens around the hilt of her sword, Elenin start back up after Lucien further into the alleyway with her blade held steady in front of her, chanting under her breath and tracing arcane gestures in the air with her free hand as she goes. Feeling the power stored within her manifesting she adds her second hand to the hilt of her blade "Just what in the Nine Hells is that thing and what on Golarion is happening to this city...?"

Edit:
Casting Shield spell: +4 AC for 2 minutes

Current AC=22

GuyFawkes
2011-11-21, 11:26 AM
Lucien

Confused, and confused more by Elenin's comments, he replies. "I...I don't know! It's, it's as if it chose to follow us! What now?! These things have brains all of a sudden??" He readies himself for the impending fight, positioning his scimitar between himself and the corner, waiting.

BelGareth
2011-11-21, 08:01 PM
Top of Round 1

{table=head]Player|Initiative
Elenin|14
Zombie|12
Lucien|7
[/table]

BattleMap:

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-XVU_da7T84s/Tsrz0DHhMAI/AAAAAAAAArQ/UHHPEER1AZ0/s800/ApocZombieRound1.jpg

Elenin, your action.

Mefika
2011-11-22, 03:14 AM
Sizing up the distance between Lucien and herself to the zombie still standing near the head of the alleyway Elenin quickly steps up just ahead of Lucien and holds herself ready for an attack from the undead creature, quietly speaking to Lucien behind her "Intelligent or not, we'll not let this creature divert us from our path, nor any others that get in our way!"

5ft Step to E18
Readied action: Attack on zombie if it closes within melee distance (Attack +6 Damage 1d10+4)

BelGareth
2011-11-22, 12:49 PM
The zombie -

It shuffles forward and then suddenly bursts into a sprint seeing its prey on hand.

Elenin may take her readied action as the Zombie runs right up to you and unleashes his attack.

Slam Attack vs AC 17
Attack [roll0]
Confirm [roll1]
Damage [roll2]
Grab [roll3]

The zombie comes rushing in with his arm raised trying to slam you back, you manage to easily sidestep the attack and avoid the awkward attack.

Battlemap

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-X1am39eM3hE/TsvfYTzzvgI/AAAAAAAAArg/4xfACJpdReM/s800/ApocZombieMidR1.jpg

GuyFawkes
2011-11-22, 01:26 PM
Lucien

The attacking zombie is too fast for Lucien to react to, and before he could start off, the undead is already swinging away at Elenin. As soon as his reactions kick in, the young half-elf dashes past the elf, rolls past the zombie, and kicks off against the wall into a midair pirouette, ending with a downward slash and landing on his feet.

Acrobatic moves to position himself at E16 without provoking AoO, then a slashing attack with his scimitar.

Acrobatics: [roll0]

Attack: [roll]1d20+7[roll]
Crit Confirm: [roll]1d20+7[roll]
Damage: [roll1] + [roll2](if crit hit)

BelGareth
2011-11-22, 01:44 PM
Top of Round 2

{table=head]Player|Initiative
Elenin|14
Zombie|12
Lucien|7
[/table]

Lucien -
You manage to catch the zombie by surprise, easily maneuvering within striking distance and striking with speed enough to slash into the zombies shoulder. Your blade glides easily into its flesh and pops out the other side with a suddeness. He seems not to notice the attack.

BattleMap:

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-XsHK2mMYS9Q/TsvsvS_MCvI/AAAAAAAAAro/hZmQZB7ATwo/s800/ApocZombieTopR2.jpg

Mefika
2011-11-22, 02:49 PM
As she easily sidesteps the zombies blow, Elenin brings her blade up in a sweeping arc that shears into it's chest and rips free in a spray of gore. Elenin shudders slightly as the creatures burning green gaze turns back to her not even noticing the damage it has taken It hasn't been phased in the slightest... "Well let's see how you react to this vile creature!" she suddenly cries out, taking slight distraction from Luciens attack to bring her blade down in a powerful blow.

Heya BelGareth, Elenin's base AC is actually 18 (due to Dodge feat, I'll try to update the char sheet) and is currently 22 with her Shield spell active.

Zombie takes 10 damage from the Readied attack (rolls in OOC thread).

Power Attack: [roll0]
Confirmation: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

BelGareth
2011-11-22, 03:31 PM
You manage to cleave the foul abomination in twain, both sides of the body slowly fall apart and you get assaulted by the rancid smell of death an decay.

Combat is over.

By looking at this one, you can tell it was different, stronger perhaps, maybe. But different nonetheless, its teeth and nails oozed a foul odor and seeped a strange greenish liquid, its flesh starts to squirm taking you aback. looking closer you see several maggots push through the desiccated skin and spread there newly formed wings and fly away.

OOC

Gotcha, thought it was low...

GuyFawkes
2011-11-22, 10:29 PM
Lucien

The young half-elf is taken aback by the rancid smell, and further by the maggots that starts to make their way out of the rotting flesh and fly away. He steps back and swats away the maggots that comes near him. He looks at the fallen undead and reflects on what just happened. He was so sure the particular zombie felt...different at the least, making him shudder at what might be happening to the city. He flicks his wrist to remove the slimy green, rotten mess that stuck to his blade before replacing it in it's sheath.

"Come, the smithy's just over there. We've got to hurry before the others see us," he addresses Elenin before sprinting towards the smithy.

BelGareth
2011-11-24, 04:57 PM
You manage to make your way to the door of the smithy, seeing no more zombies in the area.
Knocking hard on the door you wait for a response, you can hear voices and movement on the other side and even the tell tale sound of a weapon being pulled from its sheathe.

"Who goes there?" comes a rough voice from behind the door.

GuyFawkes
2011-11-25, 12:20 AM
Lucien

"It's me, Lucien!" the boy managing to keep his voice down with all the excitement he is experiencing. "Hurry, open up before the zombies spot us!"

BelGareth
2011-11-27, 12:16 AM
You hear several voices behind the door, one starts to yell several more chime in, and then you hear several bolts being pushed and the door is pushed open. Several strong hands grab the both of you and draw you in, slamming the door shut without another moments hesitation.

Inside you see a large group of people all looking at you eagerly. An elderly man looks at you with tired eyes, he wears the holy symbol of the Sun God Pelor.

Looking around you do not see your father here.

"These are dangerous times, what brings you here?" the old man says folding his arms over his chest.

GuyFawkes
2011-11-28, 08:56 PM
Lucien

As soon as they are inside, Lucien's lips smile as his eyes dart through the surprisingly many people gathered there. His smile slowly disappears when he could not find his father among the crowd. He looks at old man Ben.

"Where's father? And old man Hal? And Horus? What happened here?"

BelGareth
2011-11-28, 10:13 PM
The old cleric looks at you as if trying to puzzle out a mystery, "Father?" shrugging his shoulders he raises his arms in the air shoulder height and turns left then right "These are all the people here, I know not of who you seek."

"Are you in need of healing young man?" Thinking for a second he continues "We have some food, are you two hungry? come sit, its not the best day to be running out in the streets."

GuyFawkes
2011-11-28, 10:46 PM
Lucien

Ignoring the offers, Lucien speaks on. "An elf. By the name of Lahel. He works here. And where's the owner of this shop? Old man Hal?"

BelGareth
2011-11-29, 12:26 PM
Old man Ben looks at you with sorrow in his eyes "I am sorry young man, I know not of who you speak." he shakes his head, "Many have been lost this day..."

Some one else in the crowd seems to perk up "I know who your talking about, The owner of this shop? yeah, I saw him the day before last, he was working here...Not sure where he is now though..."

GuyFawkes
2011-11-29, 01:35 PM
Lucien

The response he hears is not Lucien was hoping for, though in his mind he had somehow thought about it. He tries to calm himself down. At least there is no definite harm that had befallen them. They could be out there somewhere. Yeah, with all that commotion, maybe father would have gone and looked for me at the house, he says to himself.

Then a sudden thought crossed his mind. What if...

"Are you sure you didn't see anybody here? When did you all come here?" His voice is a bit shaky, and he edges closer to Elenin.

Sense Motive on the response: [roll0]

BelGareth
2011-11-29, 10:31 PM
Looking at your oddly the old man speaks again "Yes son, why do you ask again?" looking back to everyone "We all congregated here to get out of the streets, it seemed like the most solid building on the block, and no one was home"

Stepping forward one step "Why do you ask?"

You sense nothing amiss.

GuyFawkes
2011-11-30, 01:21 AM
Lucien

"I am just worried about my father. I guess with all the commotion going on, it would be hard for anyone to take notice of others," he replies when he sees nothing wrong with their reactions.

He motions for Elenin to follow him, and speaks again. "Well, I am thankful that everybody here is safe. But I cannot stay here for long. I have to find my father. I will just have to go to the shop and get some things. Please stay here and lock up. Make sure it's actual living people that you open up your doors to. And be on guard. On our way here, we encountered one zombie that looked like it was different from the others. Like it was somehow...thinking."

With this, Lucien grabs Elenin's hand and makes his way to the materials storage. "I'll be taking some materials, if you don't mind. You could use the others here to reinforce the windows and other openings here."

When he is done gathering the sheets of metal, he prepares to leave. Turning to the others one last time, he speaks "Oh, and if my father ever passes by here again, please tell him I am safe and that he should just find a safe place to stay. I will try to contact him somehow. Thank you. And take care, everyone." With a polite bow, he moves to the door and tries to observe the streets, making sure no zombie is there, before going out.

Mefika
2011-11-30, 02:37 PM
Following Lucien out of the smithy and into the streets again, Elenin pauses just in front the doorway before turning back to address those who have congregated in the shop "Stay safe people and may the guiding light of Pelor watch over you all." Heading back into the street Elenin pulls the door closed behind her as she goes, the distinctive sound of bolts locking into place swiftly coming from the other side as those in the smithy lock themselves in again.

Looking over to Lucien in concern, Elenin forces herself to put on confident face as she steps over towards him "I'm sure your father has done the same as those in the smithy have Lucien and found a secure building to stay in. Is there anywhere else you would like to look?"

GuyFawkes
2011-11-30, 02:43 PM
Lucien

The young half-elf tries to smile as he faces Elenin. "It's fine. Besides, you were looking for your brother, right? Now where should we go?"

Mefika
2011-11-30, 02:59 PM
"The noble district, the Lianthorn manor is found further in than than those owned by merchant families like the young bo..." she says, trailing off as she looks on Lucien's own youthful face "Uh, I mean like that young man Ralph's. The two locations would not be separated by a great distance though."

Keeping alert for sightings of anymore of those zombies on the streets, Elenin takes off at a quick pace while keeping along the sides of the street towards Cloud City's noble district and her family.

GuyFawkes
2011-12-01, 12:59 AM
Lucien

"That's good. It would be easier for us to go to Ralph's place afterwards. Lead the way then," he says before setting off, trying to match Elenin's pace. He looks forward and sideways, keeping his eyes and ears trained for any movement, and keeping his movements as silent as he could. His mind is trailing off again to the whereabouts of his father, but he knows to keep what's before him first. He will have to think of some way to find him later.

BelGareth
2011-12-01, 01:35 PM
Roll me a D6 each. Don't match mine.
[roll0]

GuyFawkes
2011-12-01, 02:10 PM
Don't be a 3 for Pelor's sake: [roll0]

Mefika
2011-12-01, 02:38 PM
Go dice roll!

[roll0]

BelGareth
2011-12-01, 07:49 PM
The both of you manage to make your way back to the Nobilitas Bridge, you only see a few wandering zombies, some just standing staring at the ground not moving at all. It's not hard for the two of you to bait and lure, sneak or generally avoid anything you think is worrisome or dangerous.

You see no more zombies that look 'special'.

As you approach the river you can see it has gotten significantly worse, dead bodies now float in the brackish stagnant water. You can even see some zombies under the surface munching on the underside of one of the dead dead bodies.

Noting the bridge you realize there is no cover and your only chance is to book it across and hope. Surprisingly you garner no more attention and find yourself in the Noble district of town. There are much less dead bodies in the street and a total lack of walking dead.

You make easy time as you locate Lianthorn manor, having been there before it takes 5-10 minutes of fast walking/jogging.

You approach the gate to the estate and see that the place is eerily quite. The day is fast approaching noon but the smoke in the sky is causing it to feel like its fast approaching night time.

Entering further you find the front door to the house is locked.

GuyFawkes
2011-12-05, 01:02 PM
Lucien

"Locked. Is there supposed to be anyone in there?" he asks while trying to look around for open windows and such. He knocks on the door three times and says, "Is anybody there? I'm with Elenin here. Could you please let us inside?" and waits for an answer.

BelGareth
2011-12-06, 02:14 AM
Nothing is forthcoming. Strangely enough you cannot even hear the noise of the city, not even the animals.

Very strange.

Looking to the sky you can see the day has passed quicker than you had thought.

Suddenly you hear something.

A moan from somewhere behind the door.

Somewhere deeper inside the house a glass breaks. And then you see through a window, the fading sunlight of the day illuminating it enough to see. Zombie after zombie walks by the window towards the door. One sees you and starts to clamber out the window. By your guess there are hundreds in the house.

Ralphs house is mere minutes away. You could make it 1 if you ran.

GuyFawkes
2011-12-06, 05:07 AM
Lucien

The silence is too weird, like the whole world is being muffled, almost feeling like the times when one has colds and becomes a bit deaf, even worse. He looks around to see if something is off. And then a noise.

Lucien can hear something from inside, and he checks the nearby window, hoping for somebody from Elenin's family coming to the door to open them. At least they should have at least this one lucky chance. But what he sees inside takes him aback, and his hairs raise. Zombies. And lots of them. One, two, three...ten, no, more than that. A hundred maybe!

He backs away and grabs Elenin's hand, saying, "Oh crap, let's go!" before turning around to make a run for it. They have to make it before the zombies see where they're heading, he thinks to himself. He pauses at an intersection to collect his thoughts on where Ralph's house is, and heads for it as soon as he gets his bearings.

He arrives in time to see a group of people running from one house which looks to be Ralph's. He worries about what they might do to them, but the zombies behind him are much worse news, so he runs straight up and bangs on the door "Open up! It's Lucien! Hurry!"

BelGareth
2011-12-06, 12:06 PM
Go to the main thread

TheArsenal
2011-12-06, 12:08 PM
Message? What message? :smalltongue: