PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Druid Spell Selection

Anarion
2011-11-18, 04:35 PM
Hi all,

My question to you is what spells do you think a druid should always have prepped and why? This applies both for a general day and if you think there are some spells that are absolute all-stars against certain types of opponents (e.g. undead, constructs, animals, outsiders etc.).

Campaign background
I'm currently playing a bard in a pathfinder campaign with some friends, and one of my party members is playing a druid. His character is extremely pacifist in nature (but is okay with baleful polymorphing something even if we don't kill it :smalltongue:) and prepares a lot of healing magic, a few area control spells, and a couple of buffs on an average day. The whole party is level 13, on the cusp of 14.

My realization at this point is that I have never played a druid or run a major NPC druid in either 3.5 or PF and I have no idea what kind of advice to give my friend, or whether I even should bother giving him advice. It was a bit awkward though when we had a full 10 rounds to buff up against some enemies that we knew were on top of a side of a set of steps and his druid had nothing to cast.

P.S. Nick, if you read this, you should register an account and comment:smallamused:

MightyPirate
2011-11-18, 04:48 PM
Give Treantmonk's Guide (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/extras/community-creations/treatmonks-lab/druid-handbook-part-3) a once over if you haven't. The other parts are great too but this one is specifically for spells.

I know it's not really a traditional buff but throwing out some summons before combat starts is a good use of at least 1 of those rounds. Gives you more time in combat to debuff, control the battlefield, or just rip someone's face off (in the politest way possible of course.)

As for personal choice, I just think playing a druid would be a lot less fun without a good wall or three prepped. I found a lot of spells being burned for SNA as well but I'm a fan of spontaneous casting so there is that to consider too.