PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Guides to Spending a Character's Wealth?

Adamantrue
2011-11-19, 10:16 AM
This may be a dry read...

I'm trying to come up with a spreadsheet that would guide me in purchasing equipment for NPCs (or for the next time I make a PC). The main goal is to try and allocate a certain percentage of the Wealth into several categories of equipment, to get a smooth a distribution a possible.

I'm playing it by ear right now, with a series of formulas that have gotten increasingly complicated. I'm focusing on more melee characters at the moment, but plan on doing a separate one for Wizards (taking Spellbook & new spell costs into account), and a third for more Skill or Utility-focused characters.

Where it sits right now, about 2/3s (approximately) of my WBL goes towards Weapons/Armor/Shields (in any combination...it could be 3 Weapons, Armor, and no Shield). Around 1/6th goes towards Protective Items (amulets, rings, cloaks), with the specific amount dependent on whether the formula decides an Ability Enhancer is in order (generally in the same 1/6th range, but distributed in increments of 4000 gp).

Between the 1/5th to 1/10th of WBL is dedicated to Misc Gear. These would be your Potions, Boots, Helms and the like, as well as coin & gems. Yes, I know I possibly just listed 6/5ths, but the fractions I listed are approximations.

A more specific example would be a total Wealth of 27,000 gp. According the the formulas I put in, you'd get the following distribution:

Weapons/Armor/Shield: 17470
Protective Items: 4424
Ability Enhancer: 4000
Miscellaneous Gear: 1106

Another specific example, with a total Wealth of 760,000 gp. According the the formulas I put in, you'd get the following distribution:

Weapons/Armor/Shield: 491750
Protective Items: 125000
Ability Enhancer: 112000
Miscellaneous Gear: 31250

Again, these would just be general guidelines, and focused more towards Warrior-Types (they are the easiest to throw together as NPCs, which is why they are my first attempt). And obviously these numbers are intended to only be used as guidelines, but I'd like them to be the best guidelines possible.

I can post the specific formulas I'm using if anyone wants that level of detail, but I'm more concerned with the general proportions, and whether they look about right. It'd be even better if someone had already done something similar, which I could use as a better basis than my "winging it" methodology.

[edit]

The specific formulas. Total Wealth (B)

Weapons/Armor/Shield (D)
=INT(B*517632/800000)

Ability Enhancers (F):
=INT((B-D)/9530)*4000

Protective Items (E):
=INT((B-D-F)*4/5)

Miscillaneous Gear (G):
=B-(D+E+F)

W3bDragon
2011-11-19, 10:28 AM
If you're looking for a starting point, then you could take a look at the NPC statistics in the DMG, page 117. There are sample magic items for each level which you could use to calculate the approximate distribution per category.

Good luck!

Sgt. Cookie
2011-11-19, 10:29 AM
I think that the Weapons/Armour/Shields part needs toning down a little, far too much of the gold goes into it. While it seems like a good idea, that stuff is heavy, and will most likely just be left in a secure environment rather than carried around.

If you DO decide to tone those down, bumping up ability enhancers and misc items wouldn't be too bad an idea. Those things are more likely to see use by one person, rather than enough weapons to outfit a small army.

Adamantrue
2011-11-19, 10:41 AM
I think that the Weapons/Armour/Shields part needs toning down a little, far too much of the gold goes into it. While it seems like a good idea, that stuff is heavy, and will most likely just be left in a secure environment rather than carried around.

If you DO decide to tone those down, bumping up ability enhancers and misc items wouldn't be too bad an idea. Those things are more likely to see use by one person, rather than enough weapons to outfit a small army. I used a baseline of a Level 20 Warrior-Type Having a +10 Weapon (200,000 gp), +10 Armor (+100,000 gp), and +10 Shield (+100,000 gp), with a little room for extras (Adamantine, Augment Crystals, flat-rate properties like Etherealness). At that level, the Formulas give you a total of 491,750 gp.

That general category leaves a lot of room for play, but I had figured the general proportion seemed about right for that whole "group". If that seems too inappropriate, I could play with the numbers some more.
If you're looking for a starting point, then you could take a look at the NPC statistics in the DMG, page 117. There are sample magic items for each level which you could use to calculate the approximate distribution per category.

Good luck! That's not a bad idea, though I'll probably cherrypick some "benchmark levels" (say, 5, 10, 15, and 20), and see how much deviation there is.

Jack_Simth
2011-11-19, 11:28 AM
That's not a bad idea, though I'll probably cherrypick some "benchmark levels" (say, 5, 10, 15, and 20), and see how much deviation there is.Err... the DMG explicitly lists out most of the equipment the NPC "should" have if you're not custom-building the NPC. The cash portion is for customizing for flavor - so that NPC Fighter-10's 5,500 gp is expected to be used for potions, upgrading the shield to +2, utility items, or what have you.

Emperor Tippy
2011-11-19, 02:35 PM
A lot of this depends on the level.

If you want a non caster to be able to compete at level 20 you need all of those nifty defensive items, and that can easily run you ~400-500K. If the party casters are willing to provide defense though, that can easily drop by several hundred K (a chained Mind Blank will protect the entire party and remove the need for an item of mind blank, all of which cost about a hundred K; a chained persistent Death Ward will remove the need for Soulfire which will save you the cost of a +4 bonus, etc.).

Adamantrue
2011-11-20, 10:27 AM
OK, I double checked this against several of the Sample NPCs from the DMG, and cross checked it against the general guidelines provided by the Spreadsheet. I'll give the general results here:

5th level Barbarian
Weapons/Armor/Shield
Spreadsheet Suggestion: 2782
Actually Spent: 2183.75
Protective Items
Spreadsheet Suggestion: 1214
Actually Spent: 0
Ability Enhancers
Spreadsheet Suggestion: 0
Miscellaneous Gear
Spreadsheet Suggestion: 304
Actually Spent: 1790

5th level Fighter
Weapons/Armor/Shield
Actually Spent: 2576
Protective Items
Actually Spent: 1000
Ability Enhancers
Miscellaneous Gear
Actually Spent: 600

5th level Paladin
Weapons/Armor/Shield
Actually Spent: 2609
Protective Items
Ability Enhancers
Miscellaneous Gear
Actually Spent: 1276

10th level Barbarian
Weapons/Armor/Shield
Spreadsheet Suggestion: 10352
Actually Spent: 9483.25
Protective Items
Spreadsheet Suggestion: 4518
Actually Spent: 2000
Ability Enhancers
Miscellaneous Gear
Spreadsheet Suggestion: 1130
Actually Spent: 680

15th level Fighter
Weapons/Armor/Shield
Spreadsheet Suggestion: 38175
Actually Spent: 33767.80
Protective Items
Spreadsheet Suggestion: 10260
Actually Spent: 14000
Ability Enhancers
Spreadsheet Suggestion: 8000
Miscellaneous Gear
Spreadsheet Suggestion: 2565
Actually Spent: 15150

15th level Paladin
Weapons/Armor/Shield
Spreadsheet Suggestion: 38175
Actually Spent: 42899.90
Protective Items
Spreadsheet Suggestion: 10260
Actually Spent: 2000
Ability Enhancers
Spreadsheet Suggestion: 8000
Actually Spent: 4000
Miscellaneous Gear
Spreadsheet Suggestion: 2565
Actually Spent: 12101

There is some wide variance going on here, but truth be told I feel like the formulas themselves are in the right ballpark using the NPCs as a baseline. The biggest concern that was mentioned was the money spent on Weapons/Armor/Shields, but that's where the formulas are the most accurate.

Anyone got a few Warrior-oriented PCs (Barbarians, Fighters, Knights, Paladins, etc) laying around, that are willing to give an Equipment List (including the Price), so I can check it against the Spreadsheet I'm working on?

Doc Roc
2011-11-20, 01:29 PM
I generally spend about 15k on weapon\armor, and I despise shields.

Tyndmyr
2011-11-20, 01:35 PM
I generally spend about 15k on weapon\armor, and I despise shields.

This. Shields for me come in exactly four flavors and all are exceptional.

1. This NPC is scenery. He has no particular need to be effective, but shields are fluffy for whatever reason. Meh.
2. Tower shield. This is not actually used for AC, solely for denying LoS in specific situations.
3. Buckler. Pretty rare, but -1 to hit for a magic buckler is acceptable. Sort of.
4. Animated Shields.

In short, I do not actually intend for people to fight with a single one handed weapon because they're carrying a shield.

Doc Roc
2011-11-20, 01:40 PM
This. Shields for me come in exactly four flavors and all are exceptional.

1. This NPC is scenery. He has no particular need to be effective, but shields are fluffy for whatever reason. Meh.
2. Tower shield. This is not actually used for AC, solely for denying LoS in specific situations.
3. Buckler. Pretty rare, but -1 to hit for a magic buckler is acceptable. Sort of.
4. Animated Shields.

In short, I do not actually intend for people to fight with a single one handed weapon because they're carrying a shield.

Bucklers are useful for certain armor properties, basically.

Adamantrue
2011-11-20, 01:50 PM
I generally spend about 15k on weapon\armor, and I despise shields. At 20th level? At 1st level? Do you have any other equipment (so I can consider the proportions)?
Shields for me come in exactly four flavors and all are exceptional.

4. Animated Shields.

In short, I do not actually intend for people to fight with a single one handed weapon because they're carrying a shield. I personally am a little more liberal with Shield use, though it is based on the circumstances (Rider's Shield when I'm playing a Mounted character, Buckler if I'm TWF, etc).

But that's why Weapons/Armor/Shields all fall under the same category. Its not as though its a requirement to use a Shield...its not even required that you use a Weapon.

Besides, I'm trying to find a general guideline/proportion.

Flickerdart
2011-11-20, 06:08 PM
There are no hard and fast rules possible for this, because the nature of the game changes at almost every new spell level. At the beginning, almost all your cash will go towards weapons, because simple Full Plate is actually pretty good. As the levels go up, you need more and more protective items to stop people from one-shotting you, items of flight, and other utility stuff. When the choice is between dealing slightly more damage and not being offed by Mindrape, you put the sword away and break out your wallet.

Doc Roc
2011-11-20, 06:12 PM
I spend about 250-300k on resistances and immunities, things like permanent sources of mindblank, third eye(clarity), true seeing, freedom of movement. I'm less concerned with not being hit and more concerned with not caring if I get hit.

The last barbarian I built wore a Robe of Eyes. I'm given to understand that I am atypical, but the next person to tell me that freedom of movement isn't important is going receive a long polite explanation and a link to the Monkening.

Eldariel
2011-11-20, 06:23 PM
The last barbarian I built wore a Robe of Eyes. I'm given to understand that I am atypical, but the next person to tell me that freedom of movement isn't important is going receive a long polite explanation and a link to the Monkening.

...given FoM actually solves the single largest number of different things from any individual effects in the game, I think more than a polite explanation is warranted. It just...does everything and bakes it too. Immunity to about 600 spells and abilities? Sure! Pestersome special attacks? Absolutely! Stupid terrain modifiers? Yup (seriously, you're a Barb, you wanna be able to charge)! Hell, swim-speed? No need, FoM does that too!

It's like the physical Mind Blank; one-spot solve-it-all (without the negative side-effects like not being able to benefit of Morale-bonuses with Mind Blank). Everyone who can't cast it gets a Ring on my characters (and many of my mages spend some resources acquiring it).

Overall, my setup is much the same as Doc Roc's though I often use Weapons of Legacy to cheaply acquire Foresight, Mind Blank & one use of Moment of Prescience (and other assorted stuff) when not playing a caster.

Doc Roc
2011-11-20, 06:25 PM
Eldariel, this is why we are Bros For Life.

Tvtyrant
2011-11-20, 06:47 PM
I like options, so I always spend my money on items that increase the number of things I can do.

Belt of Battle: Extra actions, almost any class benefits from it. I would suggest between levels 10 and 12, if possible. It costs a lot though, so 15 might be a better level.

Belt of Ultimate Athleticism: Take ten on a number of skills, and take 20 once a day. Great for classes that rely on jump checks (certain ToB classes, Totemist using Landshark boots, etc).

Counter Strike Bracers: Really good on a shield bashing Crusader, allow you to hit an enemy repeatedly on their turn. You AoO, then counter with the shield (causing them to miss a swing and take damage) and then the counter strike bracers allow you to hit them a third time.

Hand of the Oak Father: A lot of little Druid spells, at a really low cost. Good for mundanes, because they don't have the ability to copy those abilities.

Healing Belt: It is what it says.

Adamantrue
2011-11-21, 09:16 AM
OK, let's try another way...

You are a 10th Level X (Barbarian, Crusader, Fighter, Knight, Marshal, Monk, Paladin, Ranger, Swashbuckler, Swordsage, Warblade...something from this list), and you have 49,000 gp. You are probably part of a balanced party. How specifically (a complete list) would you equip yourself, excluding niche builds?

Gavinfoxx
2011-11-21, 10:10 AM
No no, shields come in 'spiked shield' flavor that someone uses as their ONLY weapon, 2 handed power attacking with it, and also getting the benefit of the shield bonus to AC... and they maybe have armor spikes if they want to two weapon fight...

Eldariel
2011-11-21, 04:29 PM

You are a 10th Level X (Barbarian, Crusader, Fighter, Knight, Marshal, Monk, Paladin, Ranger, Swashbuckler, Swordsage, Warblade...something from this list), and you have 49,000 gp. You are probably part of a balanced party. How specifically (a complete list) would you equip yourself, excluding niche builds?

Details would matter. First of all:
- What is your Dexterity?
- What is your Strength?
- Hell, what are your stats overall?
- What is your race?
- Which skills do you use (e.g. Jump/Tumble/etc.) for combat maneuvers?
- Which combat maneuvers (e.g. Charge/Trip) do you use?
- Which class features & feats do you have (particularly, do you have Shock Trooper, Rage & co.)?

Equipping every character is a separate, unique project with lots of variables; part of the reason for why this game is so awesome.

Coidzor
2011-11-22, 03:01 AM
You may want to take a look at Shax's (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=175203) Indispensible Haversack (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148101), as it not only has some nifty suggestions for skillful/creative thinking oriented characters, but has some preliminary work in regards to wealth to set aside for such things and roughly what levels that wealth would best become available for it.

Fizban
2011-11-22, 07:38 AM
The PHBII suggests spending half your wealth on your weapon or a casting aid like a headband of int (I'd also suggest metamagic rods and various MiC items), then 3/4 of what's left (or 37.5% of your wealth) on armor or a suitable protective item set, then 25% of your starting on ability enhancers, then "some" on miscellaneous equipment. It shouldn't take long to realize they bungled their math, but I think the weapon assumption was pretty accurate to what the game expects. If you take half the WBL of a given level up through 12th or so, you get a weapon that's about as good or a little better than what you'd get from a Greater Magic Weapon spell. Since we know the whole system revolves around spells and WBL, half your money on a weapon seems about right. As for consumable items, you can find that the standard assumption is around 10%: this is accounted for in the random treasure section, with a table comparing the expected random treasure averages with the expected total character wealth. The difference is about 10% extra random treasure above WBL, which is expected to be burnt up in consumable items.

I put together a spreadsheet of sorts myself trying to figure out what bonuses a character is assumed to have at each level. I assigned weapon, armor, cloak of resistance, deflection, natural armor, an ability enhancer. At some levels I was able to exactly spend the WBL, and at others I was only 1,000gp off in one direction, which I think is pretty good, especially since I'm probably placing a different value on ability enhancers and I'm sure they didn't prioritize cloaks of resistance as much. I think the weapon/armor/shield/deflection/natural bonuses are pretty spot on assumptions though, with the "standard" sword and board fighter trying to keep up his AC for the legacy assumptions of 3.0. Here's the table I came up with (triple checked but I'm sure at least something's off):

Strict bonusing:
Level Weapon Armor Shield Cloak Deflect Natural Ability Remainder
1st base med
2nd mwk heavy
3rd mwk +1 +1 400
4th +1 +1 +1 +1 400
5th +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 0
6th +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +2 0
7th +1 +2 +2 +1 +1 +1 +2 0
8th +2 +2 +2 +1 +1 +1 +2 2,000
9th +2 +2 +2 +2 +1 +1 +2/+2 4,000
10th +2 +2 +2 +2 +2 +2 +2/+2 5,000
11th +2 +3 +3 +2 +2 +2 +4/+2 0
12th +3 +4 +3 +3 +2 +2 +4/+2 0

Hmm. Evidently the forum ignores tabs, but I really don't want to convert this into a table. There aren't any gap problems though, it fills from left to right just like it looks.

Eldariel
2011-11-22, 09:03 AM
Here you go:

{table=head]Level|Weapon|Armor|Shield|Cloak|Deflect|Natural|Ab ility|Remainder
1st|base|med|||||
2nd|mwk|heavy|||||
3rd|mwk|+1|+1|||||400
4th|+1|+1|+1|+1||||400
5th|+1|+1|+1|+1|+1|+1||0
6th|+1|+1|+1|+1|+1|+1|+2|0
7th|+1|+2|+2|+1|+1|+1|+2|0
8th|+2|+2|+2|+1|+1|+1|+2|2,000
9th|+2|+2|+2|+2|+1|+1|+2/+2|4,000
10th|+2|+2|+2|+2|+2|+2|+2/+2|5,000
11th|+2|+3|+3|+2|+2|+2|+4/+2|0
12th|+3|+4|+3|+3|+2|+2|+4/+2|0[/table]

Tvtyrant
2011-11-22, 10:25 AM
The real question is whether custom magic items are allowed, and who you have making the magic items. A use activated sword of Holy Sword (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/holySword.htm) is a +5 weapon for less than a third the cost of a normal one. Or, an artificer could make you a wand of extended, high CL Holy Sword that would give you fifty 40 round charges of Holy Sword for 10,000 GP. You could actually apply the spell to the wand itself, having a wand that turns itself into a +5 weapon and then turning it off.

Draz74
2011-11-22, 03:11 PM
Here you go:

1st|base|med|||||
2nd|mwk|heavy|||||
3rd|mwk|+1|+1|||||400
4th|+1|+1|+1|+1||||400
5th|+1|+1|+1|+1|+1|+1||0
12th|+3|+4|+3|+3|+2|+2|+4/+2|0[/table]

This is of course just a rule-of-thumb, but on the whole, I have to say that having something like this floating around is an invaluable thing. If anyone more decisive than myself would like to expand it out to 20 levels, I would approve. :smallcool:

Tyndmyr
2011-11-22, 03:48 PM
Belt of Battle is a favorite. I'm a fan of the Rainment of Four on casters, especially limited list casters.

Knowstones are pretty awesome for spont as well, while we're on it.

I invariably use the MiC upgrade rules for slapping stat boosts on items. At high levels, inherent bonuses for primary stats are great, if I have the cash.

Some method of superior movement is necessary. This may not be from equipment(Heart of X spells tend to be heavily used on casters to gain effective FoM, for example), but if no class features exist, it's pretty much required.

If UMD is practical, I tend to enjoy wand sockets, usually with Wings of Cover in them, and wands of CLW stashed away just in case.

Extradimensional storage is mandatory for most chars. Usually the haversack.

My wizards generally drop a notable amount of gold on new spells known. It's rare that I double up on prepped spells.

Exact priority of buying these is very situational, though.

Eldariel
2011-11-22, 05:33 PM
This is of course just a rule-of-thumb, but on the whole, I have to say that having something like this floating around is an invaluable thing. If anyone more decisive than myself would like to expand it out to 20 levels, I would approve. :smallcool:

That list involves spending too much IMHO. I merely reformatted it as it was posted. That said, it's a good rudimentary guide for the style that is S&B Stacking Numbers.

DiBastet
2011-11-22, 08:31 PM
Made something similar up to 20. Can send to your e-mail.

Coidzor
2011-11-22, 10:05 PM

Why not share with the rest of the thread? :smallconfused:

Draz74
2011-11-23, 12:19 AM

Why not share with the rest of the thread? :smallconfused:

Yeah, I could make something up too, but the conclusion would be more valuable if it had a group consensus shaping it. Too many cooks ruin the soup Two heads are better than one, and all that.

Adamantrue
2011-11-23, 07:46 AM
1st|base|med|||||
2nd|mwk|heavy|||||
3rd|mwk|+1|+1|||||400
4th|+1|+1|+1|+1||||400
5th|+1|+1|+1|+1|+1|+1||0
12th|+3|+4|+3|+3|+2|+2|+4/+2|0[/table] That's interesting, I can actually compare that to my rough figures.

12th Level
Weapons/Armor/Shield
Spreadsheet Suggestion: 56939
Chart Suggestion: 43000*
Protective Items
Spreadsheet Suggestion: 15248
Chart Suggestion: 25000
Ability Enhancers
Spreadsheet Suggestion: 12000
Chart Suggestion: 20000
Miscellaneous Gear
Spreadsheet Suggestion: 3813

*Does not include Base Prices, Masterwork Price, Special Materials, etc.

The Spreadsheet currently allocates about 13,000 gp more to Weapons/Armor/Shields, about 10,000 gp less to Protective Items, 8,000 less to Ability Enhancers, and 4,000 gp more to Miscellaneous Gear.

6th Level
Weapons/Armor/Shield
Spreadsheet Suggestion: 8411
Chart Suggestion: 4000*
Protective Items
Spreadsheet Suggestion: 3671
Chart Suggestion: 5000
Ability Enhancers
Chart Suggestion: 4000
Miscellaneous Gear
Spreadsheet Suggestion: 918

*Does not include Base Prices, Masterwork Price, Special Materials, etc.

With the Spreadsheet, I'm getting about 4,000 more for Weapons & Armor, about 1,000 less for Protective items, 4,000 less for an Ability Enhancer, and about 1,000 more for Miscellaneous Gear.

This is a more interesting Baseline to compare to. I could tweak the Weapons/Armor/Shields category down to about these levels (though I'd still want to be on the higher end, to include the other costs), and split the new difference between Protective Items, Ability Enhancers, and Misc Gear.

Can someone extend this chart out to 20th? Its easier to start from there.

jiriku
2011-11-23, 11:21 AM

This is from a recent character, scratch-built for a 10th-level one-shot game. I'd consider this a pretty good guideline for a barbarian or swashbuckler build, although it has some minor skill-based elements that probably wouldn't fit in such a class.

"Doc" Marten Lampshade, trapsmith extraordinaire
Rogue 3/Barbarian 1/Fighter 1/Trapsmith 5
{table=head]Item|Description|Source|Weight|Cost*
Needle|Valorous feycraft shortsword+1| |1 lb.|9,806

valorous enchantment|double damage when charging|UE 54||

feycraft template|weapon deals less damage, grants Weapon Finesse and +1 Bluff|DMG2 274||
Doc Marten's Dancin' Shoes|translocating agile leaping and landing stealthy boots of the battle charger| |1 lb.|5,900

anklet of translocation|swift: teleport 10 ft, 2/day|MIC 71||

boots of agile leaping|Use Dex instead of Str for Jump checks; swift: stand from prone, at will|MIC 76||

boots of landing|Reduce falls by 20 ft, land on feet|MIC 77||

boots of the battle charger|std: charge, 2/day|MIC 76||

masterwork tools|Grants +2 on Jump, Move Silently, and Tumble checks|PH 129||
Leather and Glory|Gloryborn leafweave studded leather of the rhino +2| |7.5 lb.|5,265

rhino hide (studded leather)|Deal +2d6 dmg when charging, -1 ACP|DMG 220||

gloryborn template|Gain +1 AC when charging; reduce cost of rhino hide by 10%|DMG2 277||

leafweave special material|Grants +1 Max Dex bonus, -2 ACP and -5% ASF; item is masterwork|RotW 168||

crystal of deflection|Grants +5 AC vs. ranged attacks|||
Cloak of Stayin' Alive|Camouflage cloak of resistance|DMG 253|0.5 lb.|4,050

cloak of resistance +2|Grants +2 resistance bonus to saving throws|DMG 257||

masterwork Hide tool|Grants +2 bonus to Hide checks|PH 129||
Gloves of the Starry Sky|Dextrous gloves of the starry sky +2; Set Bonus: resist cold 5| | |5,100

gloves of dexterity +2|Grants +2 enhancement bonus to Dexterity|DMG 257||

gloves of the starry sky|std: light, at will; std: spontaneously cast magic missile, 3/day|MIC 204||
Ring of Not Getting Hit|darkhidden ring of protection +1| | |4,000

Ring of the darkhidden|Constant improved invisibility vs. darkvision only|MIC 122||

Ring of protection +1|Grants +1 deflection bonus to AC|DMG 232||
Wraithguard|Githcraft darkwood buckler +1| |1.25 lb.|2,775

githcraft template|Grants -5% ASF and +1 Concentration|DMG2 276||

darkwood special material|Reduces weight by 50%; item is masterwork|DMG 283||

crystal of screening|Incorporeal creatures take -5 penalty on touch attacks against you|MIC 26||
Chronocharm: horizon walker|Swift: move half your speed, 1/day|MIC 86| |500
Excellent Peepers|searching and spotting goggles of the golden sun| | |4,100

Goggles of the golden sun|Immune to blindness and dazzling; std: spontaneously cast fireball, 3/day|MIC 205||

masterwork Search and Spot tool|Grants +2 on Search and Spot checks|MIC 26||
Doc Marten's Magic Bag|Heward's Handy Haversack, holds 120 lbs.|DMG 259|5|2,000

Wand of gaseous form|Std: cast gaseous form, 40 charges|PH 234||750

Wand of knock|Std: cast knock, 50 charges|PH 246||750
||||

masterwork tools|Grants +2 on Balance, Climb, Craft (trapmaking), Disable Device, and Open Lock|PH 129|5|255

200 ft. of silk rope|Grants +2 on Use Rope checks|PH 127|20|40
Iron Will feat|Bonus feat acquired for incarceration in an Otyugh Hole|CS 151| |3,000
||||
||VALUE:||48,291[/table]

*Costs include a +50% stacking surcharge for all non-basic enchantments added to an existing magic item.

DiBastet
2011-11-23, 11:45 AM
Hm, sure, I can post it here. However, it's not on the format of the tables of the site. If someone can give it the format, thanks.

These are the percentages I use, usually to build NPCs (lower wealth), but also to fit some kind of boss character with PC wealth.

PC Gear
Lv Total Weapons Protection Stats Extra Limited
1 (100%) (35%) (30%) (25%) (7%) (3%)
2 900 315 270 225 63 27
3 2.700 945 810 675 189 81
4 5.400 1890 1620 1350 378 162
5 9.000 3150 2700 2250 630 270
6 13.000 4550 3900 3250 910 390
7 19.000 6650 5700 4750 1330 570
8 27.000 9450 8100 6750 1890 810
9 36.000 12600 10800 9000 2520 1080
10 49.000 17150 14700 12250 3430 1470
11 66.000 23100 19800 16500 4620 1980
12 88.000 30800 26400 22000 6160 2640
13 110.000 38500 33000 27500 7700 3300
14 150.000 52500 45000 37500 10500 4500
15 200.000 70000 60000 50000 14000 6000
16 260.000 91000 78000 65000 18200 7800
17 340.000 119000 102000 85000 23800 10200
18 440.000 154000 132000 110000 30800 13200
19 580.000 203000 174000 145000 40600 17400
20 760.000 266000 228000 190000 53200 22800

This table can be made into the following one. It has options for a single weapon, 2 weapons and weapon and shield. The protection is generic, well-rounded. Many chars would want other things first, but as a basic table, it works.

Bastet’s Ready to Swallow Equipment
Nv 1 Weapon 2 Weapons Weapon & Shield Armor NA Deflection Saves 1st Stat 2nd Stat 3rd Stat Extra (MIC) Limited
1 - - - - - - - - - - - -
2 - - - - - - - - - - ½ 27
3 - - - - - - - - - - 1 81
4 +1 +1/- +1/- +1 - - +1 - - - 2 162
5 +1 +1/- +1/+1 +1 - - +1 - - - 3 270
6 +1 +1/+1 +1/+1 +1 - +1 +1 - - - 3 390
7 +1 +1/+1 +1/+2 +1 +1 +1 +1 +2 - - 4 570
8 +2 +1/+1 +1/+2 +1 +1 +1 +1 +2 - - 5 810
9 +2 +2/+1 +2/+2 +2 +1 +1 +1 +2 +2 - 6 1080
10 +2 +2/+2 +2/+3 +2 +1 +1 +2 +2 +2 - 7 1470
11 +3 +2/+2 +2/+3 +2 +1 +2 +2 +2 +2 - 8 1980
12 +3 +3/+2 +3/+3 +2 +2 +2 +2 +4 +2 - 10 2640